PDA

View Full Version : do you think boston is the best team in the nba?

bostncelts34
03-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Boston is 54-13 on the season(after this game ends) we are 3-0 against LA, SA. 2-0 against dallas. 2-o houston. And 2-1 against detroit. After coming back from 22 yesterday against SA on the road and now stoping the rockets win streak. give me your opinions.

****team lol my bad

Lost Art
03-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Right now, there is no doubt about it. But my Lakers haven't had Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum in the lineup together yet..............so it's hard to say. I like our chances.............but that's purely speculation since we haven't seen them play together yet. So I'd say that the Celtics are the best team in the NBA right now.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Right now I dont see how you can say they are not.

bostncelts34
03-19-2008, 12:12 AM
yea i tink we are the best team right now, doesnt mean we will win it all. but we have a real good shot. we just beat SA, and houston without ALLEN too

ufd869
03-19-2008, 12:19 AM
im glad that the one who stopped our streak were the C's.

no shame on loosing against the best team in the league.

:up:

Hotone1401
03-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Yes, Boston is the best team in the league. Even if the Lakers were totally healthy, the Celtics would still beat them in a 7 game series. The Celtics just play the best defense in the league and that will get the a title. Even though they do play dirty at times, I can't help but give them props for the effort they put in every night.

Shieldsz
03-19-2008, 12:27 AM
no doubt they are the best teain

:laugh2:

dRa1niNg_ 3s
03-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Hell Yez they are they got a very good defense. This was the first time i've really seen Boston play and wow im really amazed. Im happy that finally KG is winning i've always felt with the right team he can become something great. Great win by Boston tonight the streak was bound to end, just hope we dont fall out of the race.

Baller1
03-19-2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah they are.

mfudge
03-19-2008, 12:41 AM
not sure what a teain is. but if were talking about best teaM in the league.. at this point... yes. they have been my pick to win it all since they traded for kg. when was the last time a team had three superstars in their prime on the same team at once? rarely ever happens. some teams are dying to have just one superstar... let alone three. my moneys on them even with the lakers healthy.

DQL
03-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Yeah, no doubt. Boston still beat the best teams in the league w/ 2 of their big 3

Chronz
03-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Yes, like I said in the beginning of the season, anyone who doubts that they would be an ELITE potential 60 win team should never watch the NBA.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-19-2008, 01:23 AM
boston's record is remarkable but no, the pistons are a better team because of their defense. believe it or not, the suns are a bad match up for the celtics because shaq forces garnett and perkins to become jump shooters. plus, amare always neutralizes garnett.

calrosbeltran
03-19-2008, 01:25 AM
ya boston totally shut down houston tonight i was there, the first half there was alot of pausing and a nice amount of celtics fans there, everyone left when they went down doubledigits tho.man the ticket prices were insane at the box office but i bought a bunch a month before and sold em for alot of money on the street 300% profit

ThePhxHasRizen
03-19-2008, 01:27 AM
not sure what a teain is. but if were talking about best teaM in the league.. at this point... yes. they have been my pick to win it all since they traded for kg. when was the last time a team had three superstars in their prime on the same team at once? rarely ever happens. some teams are dying to have just one superstar... let alone three. my moneys on them even with the lakers healthy.

even though the celtics only played the suns once, would you agree that the suns are a bad match up for the celtics? shaq/amare caused a lot of problems for the celt's big men. on the perimeter, bell and hill were playing good d on pierce and allen.

SC1211
03-19-2008, 01:28 AM
After being there tonight, yes, without a doubt. Defense wins championships, and they've got it.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-19-2008, 01:29 AM
ya boston totally shut down houston tonight i was there, the first half there was alot of pausing and a nice amount of celtics fans there, everyone left when they went down doubledigits tho.man the ticket prices were insane at the box office but i bought a bunch a month before and sold em for alot of money on the street 300% profit

it's amazing houston even won that many games with that roster. but the winning streak has to become a distraction at some point. instead of playing to win, they might've played not to lose.

calrosbeltran
03-19-2008, 01:43 AM
it's amazing houston even won that many games with that roster. but the winning streak has to become a distraction at some point. instead of playing to win, they might've played not to lose.

ya lets just hope the can stay healthy and at least get a favorable matchup because eveyone in the west wants to play us in the playoffs, name one team thats the weakest? maybe NO cuz they have no experience,i think we can win 5/6 of our home games and as long as we do 500 on the road were ok, are home games are, clippers ,seattle,minn,sac,suns

mfudge
03-19-2008, 02:12 AM
even though the celtics only played the suns once, would you agree that the suns are a bad match up for the celtics? shaq/amare caused a lot of problems for the celt's big men. on the perimeter, bell and hill were playing good d on pierce and allen.

wow.. talk about being a homer. really? raja bell and grant hill presenting boston with a matchup problem on pp and ray ray? dont make me laugh. kg can handle amare down low... and kendrick perkins isnt a shaq but shaq isnt even a shaq anymore....
nash vs rondo +++++Suns
bell vs allen ++++++Celtics
hill vs pierce ++++++Celtics
amare vs kg ++Celtics
shaq vs perkins ++Suns

3 of 5 go to the Cs.

gcoll
03-19-2008, 02:40 AM
kg can handle amare down low
No he can't.

Especially with the way Amare is playing currently.

and kendrick perkins isnt a shaq but shaq isnt even a shaq anymore.

Shaq is still good though. He's proving a lot of doubters wrong with his play in Phoenix currently.

And I like the personnel of Phoenix's bench better with Barbosa, Diaw, and Giricek coming off the bench.

But with Boston's record, you can't argue against them being the best team. Although, I'd like to see them tested more.

3 of 5 go to the Cs.
If true, so what? Why do people do team comparisons, by doing player to player matchups? It's stupid.

It's also stupid to judge teams based on one game, so that Boston vs. Phx game, means very little. Although it did get real chippy. Might be a good playoff series.

bullocks
03-19-2008, 02:56 AM
is this a thread for everyone to say yes the celtics are the best? seems like it to me. anyone with a brain can realize that at this point they are.

JordansBulls
03-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Boston is 54-13 on the season(after this game ends) we are 3-0 against LA, SA. 2-0 against dallas. 2-o houston. And 2-1 against detroit. After coming back from 22 yesterday against SA on the road and now stoping the rockets win streak. give me your opinions.

****team lol my bad

Boston will win the title. They are tough to beat at home and they are great on the road.

jmaest
03-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Obviously this is another one of those "I'm a homer and everyone needs to bow down to my team's supremacy" threads...

Having said that, I think the Celtics definitely established that right now they are far and away the best team in the NBA.

I'm actually going to take it a step further, however. Everyone keeps talking about the stacked Western Conference, which it is. But I submit that the two best teams in the NBA are the Celtics 1 and the Pistons 2.

Tisoykeis
03-19-2008, 09:01 AM

****team lol my bad

The Jazz just beat you by 20 points on your home floor. I believe there are 6 or 7 teams that could be the best team, but it is hard to argue with Boston's record. We will find out soon enough though.

The Jazz's problem is inexperience, if you go back and look at their record over the last couple of months, they almost always beat the playoff teams, but then they turn around and loose to the sub .500 teams. Atleast they don't play the sub .500 teams in the playoffs.

JayW_1023
03-19-2008, 09:09 AM
I had my doubts because I didn't know how they'd measure up with the Western powers. Beating the Rockets and Spurs without Ray Allen basically made me a believer.

They have a tough squad and seeing how much easier their road is to a title I'd say they have the biggest shot. Adding a seemingly rejuvenated Cassell only makes them that more scarier.

Yes, Boston is the best team in the league. But in the postseason anything can happen.

LetsGo HomeTeam
03-19-2008, 09:50 AM
boston's record is remarkable but no, the pistons are a better team because of their defense. believe it or not, the suns are a bad match up for the celtics because shaq forces garnett and perkins to become jump shooters. plus, amare always neutralizes garnett.

i thought that the Celtics held 1st in every major defensive stat thus far. that makes them the best defensively in my book! i do think that the Pisons have the best chemistry of any team tho...

i also agree that the suns offer a tough match up, but i still think in a series that the Celtics would take both Detroit and the Suns. just my opinion tho

futureman
03-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I think so, even though they have struggled more in the second half of the season. But any team thats good enough to shut out the Lakers and Spurs has my vote.

Super.
03-19-2008, 11:12 AM

HA!

what are you stupid? the Celtics have the NUMBER 1 Defense in the league

a durrrrr

THE_FLASH_21
03-19-2008, 11:40 AM
how could all u guys say that when Utah blew them out at Boston.... Don't sleep on Utah at all.... Their gonna make alot of noise during the playoffs....
and San Antonio is a different team in the playoffs.......

69centers
03-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Yah, and Stoudamire can really handle KG, huh? This was KG at about 20% in his 2nd game back from injury and he still owned Amare. He was so pissed that he got dunked on, he had to slam KG in the chest and get a technical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYvBejGioNI

pacofunk64
03-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Celtics..no arguments are the best team...right now. All depends on who is hot in the playoffs.

calrosbeltran
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
i hope atlanta makes it because i will be in atlanta on april 25th-30th, would be sweet

Renegade
03-19-2008, 12:41 PM
yea i tink we are the best team right now, doesnt mean we will win it all. but we have a real good shot. we just beat SA, and houston without ALLEN too

I'm sorry, what position do you play?

king4day
03-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Yah, and Stoudamire can really handle KG, huh? This was KG at about 20% in his 2nd game back from injury and he still owned Amare. He was so pissed that he got dunked on, he had to slam KG in the chest and get a technical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYvBejGioNI

KG playin at 20% huh?
So right now he's He-Man @ 100%?
At least be realistic trying to buid up your post....

It's like saying, KG was in a wheelchair before the game. He was going to announce his retirement but instead got up and said, "I'll play". Then he dunked on Amare.

Both guys were back and forth that game. Owned or not, Suns still won it.
Mind u that was Shaq's second game as a Sun, so it's not like we were clicking on all cylinders either. Based on how the next 2 weeks went for us, there's no reason Boston shoulda lost that game.

DerekRE_3
03-19-2008, 01:07 PM
I''l quote Chris Webber. "To be the best you have to beat the best." The Celtics have a very good recod against the other elite teams in the NBA. And they have the best record...and KG. Enough said they are the best in the NBA right now.

Reyes6
03-19-2008, 01:16 PM
I think they are the best team ALTHOUGH I still have Detroit winning in a 7-game series. The only eastern conference series I watch will be the ECF with Boston vs Detroit and I think playoff experience will pay off. If you look at the Celtics who has deep playoff experience in that starting lineup? Garnett... Nope. Pierce... Not even in the east. Allen... Nope. Perkins... Haha. Rondo... Yea, I am sure in his long career. Detroit- THE WHOLE TEAM HAS BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS essentially.

So I say Detroit would edge it out in a 7-game series tho, 5 or 6 games.

You have to start focusing on the playoffs now if you are the Celtics, the west however has every game mattering... the Celtics can take a nap for a month and still be on schedule.

sunsalltheway03
03-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Right now, yes they are the best team. They have great records against the NBA's elite and have the best record in the league. They have three superstars, and just added two great veteran players. They are a scary team. They still have to prove themselves in the playoffs, but yes, they are the best team in the NBA right now.

king4day
03-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I think they are the best team ALTHOUGH I still have Detroit winning in a 7-game series. The only eastern conference series I watch will be the ECF with Boston vs Detroit and I think playoff experience will pay off. If you look at the Celtics who has deep playoff experience in that starting lineup? Garnett... Nope. Pierce... Not even in the east. Allen... Nope. Perkins... Haha. Rondo... Yea, I am sure in his long career. Detroit- THE WHOLE TEAM HAS BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS essentially.

You have to start focusing on the playoffs now if you are the Celtics, the west however has every game mattering... the Celtics can take a nap for a month and still be on schedule.

R u referring to overall experience or deep playoff runs?
Both garnett and pierce were in the conference finals earlier this decade.
I don't think tht'll matter with the vets.
Guys like Rondo maaaaaaaaaybe.
Gibson wasn't affected last year so it mite not matter.

ShakeN'Bake
03-19-2008, 02:06 PM

You do realize that most shots that KG takes are jump shots right?

ThePhxHasRizen
03-19-2008, 02:15 PM
You do realize that most shots that KG takes are jump shots right?

yeah, that's why garnett is overrated. he's a great defender, rebounder and energy guy but he's got a decent midrange, below average inside game and has no power game like amare. amare always gets the best of garnett!

if boston doesn't win with garnett, letting al jefferson go will haunt them forever.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-19-2008, 02:17 PM
wow.. talk about being a homer. really? raja bell and grant hill presenting boston with a matchup problem on pp and ray ray? dont make me laugh. kg can handle amare down low... and kendrick perkins isnt a shaq but shaq isnt even a shaq anymore....
nash vs rondo +++++Suns
bell vs allen ++++++Celtics
hill vs pierce ++++++Celtics
amare vs kg ++Celtics
shaq vs perkins ++Suns

3 of 5 go to the Cs.

kg handle amare? in your dreams macaroni boy! in your dreams. just keep packin that fudge!

ThePhxHasRizen
03-19-2008, 02:19 PM
is this a thread for everyone to say yes the celtics are the best? seems like it to me. anyone with a brain can realize that at this point they are.

so was dallas last year, record wise. must i remind everyone what the outcome was?

ThePhxHasRizen
03-19-2008, 02:28 PM
i also agree that the suns offer a tough match up, but i still think in a series that the Celtics would take both Detroit and the Suns. just my opinion tho

i disagree, sheed would take care of kg. the experience of billups is too much for rondo, cassell and house. detroits bench with maxille, stuckey, and the rest would shread the celtics.

in a 7 game series, amare will attack and get his 30/10 against kg. on the flip side, kg is not a 30/10 guy. shaq and amare will make the celts shoot from outside all night long. unless the celtics are hot 4 out of 7 games, i don't think they would be able to handle the suns inside game.

bostncelts34
03-19-2008, 04:46 PM
how can u say detroits bench if THAT much better.

maxille and stuckey? celts got posey,cassell,brown,house,davis,powe

and i dont thnk billups will own rondo AND cassell. For you people wo dont watch the celtics. Rondo has been lighting he oposition up. he KILLED tony parker monday night. made him look ridiculous. Rondo has improved ALOT this year.

kurivaimu
03-19-2008, 05:23 PM
i personally think that amare stoudemire is unguardable..
Mike D'Antoni said it too

kurivaimu
03-19-2008, 05:25 PM
back to the topic
I think the celts are the best team in the nba.

as far as playoff experience comes..
cmon..
Pierce and KG have been to conference finals.
Ray allen has PO experience.
Sam Cassell has won 2 championships?
and u say they dont have any expperience?

balla4life22
03-19-2008, 05:28 PM

So what happend to detroit's experience in the playoffs last year against the cavs? The cavs had even less playoff experience and beat them.

Dirty Dirk41
03-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes BOSTON is the Best team...this post makes me happy because i see alot of people saying they havent watched he C's alot or that was the 1st time they've seen them play..Since DAY 1 this team has played GREAT D, Wit an Intensity thats untouchable an chemistry that would make u think they have been 2gether for years.. Our Bench Has been BASHED throughout the season an even without P.J an Cassell our Bench Is GREAT... this Team will coast 2 the Finals an Play a BEATEN Up West team that is Probably gunna hafta win 4 7 games series to get to the finals

C'S ALL THE WAY

gcoll
03-19-2008, 07:11 PM

Amare dunked on KG, in that same game.

He also scored 28 points, so I don't see how you can say KG owned him in that game.

And where'd you get the 20% figure?

And the "he was so pissed he got dunked on" no he wasn't. It was a back and forth. They were after each other all game, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2cwtL5tNTc

MTar786
03-19-2008, 07:53 PM
id say boston is he best as of now.. but i really think that the lakers when they get back bynum, gasol mihm and ariza are gonna be even better than them.. and i also agree.. the suns are a very bad matchup for the celts too.. no one has seen laker defense in full force n i really think its gonna be one of the best in the league.. bostons only problem is that theyre not deep enough of a team to last a hard fought 7 game series.. but if pj and sam cassell play well than i might be wrong.. sam could be the key to boston gettin the championship

Afridi786
03-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah, but this is their year to win it, they wont be as dominant next year.

MTar786
03-19-2008, 07:57 PM
back to the topic
I think the celts are the best team in the nba.

as far as playoff experience comes..
cmon..
Pierce and KG have been to conference finals.
Ray allen has PO experience.
Sam Cassell has won 2 championships?
and u say they dont have any expperience?

ray allen has also been to the conference finals as a buck with sam cassel.. sam is gonna be great with this team.. he's already played with allend And kg on two diff teams

MTar786
03-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah, but this is their year to win it, they wont be as dominant next year.

true.. kg is gonna be on the downside of his prime next year.. allen in my opinion is already on the downside of his prime. ( i think the sonics noticed that) and PP has another year after this in his prime. posey is gettin older. sam is gonna be useless either next season or the year after. pj is almost useless already.. only rondo and glen big baby are gonna get better

kjsunsfan7
03-19-2008, 08:12 PM
its clear the celtics are a great team, put three future hall of famers with diff. playing aspects that all h elp each other and now with sam cassell you cant say there not top 3, but, I do think the pistons will give them trouble come playoff time, i dont like the pistons, but they do it every year, the celtics will win the east though, but take it from a suns fan, regular season records and wins means NOTHING, if you were going to say that, you could easily say the hornets would win the west, but we all know they have no playoff expierence and when it will come down to it, they wont have what it takes, the celtics also have older players(cassell, who just had a sprained wrist)(KG who was injured with the abdomin) and allen has had a few this year and anything to do with his legs is bad new because thats where he has had his trouble, i think it will take a toll on them, and if they are not all healthy they will NOT win the east, onto the west, the spurs have lost it, houston is garbage, mavericks...what happend to that team, kidd scoring 1 point the other night? i knew it was a bad trade hes to old, there a joke now, warriors dont have what it takes, the 4 teams it will come down to will be, Jazz, lakers, suns, and hornets...the hornets are to young, and jazz dont have enough, and the lakers are good, but gasol and bynum cant guard shaq and amare, suns vs celtics...nash 2xmvp bells D, shaq rebounds and size, amare who is playing out of his mind, and future hall of famer g.hill and plus the bench. wowwwwww

MTar786
03-19-2008, 08:18 PM
no offense.. but the suns bench sux.. but anyway.. i also like phoenix.. i knew shaq would make them better.. i love how they play now. shaq last few games proved all the doubters and all the jealous bill waltons out there that he can adapt and play well with them. last nights massacre of the blazers shaq had. 16pts 15 rebounds 5 assists 3 blocks 2 steals.. diesel power and 8-9 fgs

ShakeN'Bake
03-19-2008, 08:20 PM
yeah, that's why garnett is overrated. he's a great defender, rebounder and energy guy but he's got a decent midrange, below average inside game and has no power game like amare. amare always gets the best of garnett!

if boston doesn't win with garnett, letting al jefferson go will haunt them forever.

Ok if you realize that then why did you say that Shaq forces him into a jump shooter? wtf is up with that? How can you force someone into something they already are?

JordansBulls
03-19-2008, 08:53 PM

Only 1 team can win a title each year. Boston has a great shot and should win it all if they have homecourt advantage throughout, however many teams with that advantage don't win it all.

gcoll
03-19-2008, 09:13 PM
no offense.. but the suns bench sux
Mike D. only plays 8.

Barbosa - Diaw - Giricek, with an occasional Skinner isn't all that bad.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Ok if you realize that then why did you say that Shaq forces him into a jump shooter? wtf is up with that? How can you force someone into something they already are?

boston is not just a perimeter team. are you telling me they don't score in the paint? i meant with shaq's presence, perkins and kg didn't even make an attempt to attack the rim. you could clearly see their hesitation when shaq was in the middle. another example, diaw can play under the rim. but when the suns play the spurs, duncan keeps everyone out because of his shot blocking ability.

the suns curse is that we always get the older version of great players. nash, shaq, hill. i wonder if those 3 guys were in their prime (meaning age wise), what this suns team could've been. kobe was so fortunate to get the most dominant center in his prime. we got a 36 year old and i would still take shaq over most centers regardless of his age.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-19-2008, 09:36 PM
the spurs have lost it, houston is garbage, mavericks...what happend to that team, kidd scoring 1 point the other night? i knew it was a bad trade hes to old, there a joke now, warriors dont have what it takes

houston is not garbage. you don't win 22 straight with a bunch of trash. they play solid defense and talk about role players, i would take their role players anyday. moving on, this year, the spurs can be beat. i agree, the mavs are missing something, not just the players they lost but dirk never recovered from the finals and the warrriors.

with bynum, gasol, odom, kobe and fisher, the lakers are the best team, hands down. they have the best starting 5 and the deepest bench. no one can match up with them. they are going to win multiple championships over the next several years. hornets are not going away when you have cp3. utah will be tough to beat. the suns could win the 1st round, maybe even the second but i don't see them advancing after that.

i see boston/detroit and lakers/hornets. lakers/pistons. lakers winning it all.

#1Mavericksfan
03-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Only 1 team can win a title each year. Boston has a great shot and should win it all if they have homecourt advantage throughout, however many teams with that advantage don't win it all.

yea homecourt advantage don't mean much anymore it's all about match up's just aks the Mavericks :( I think Boston is a good team so I think they will be ok in the playoffs.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-19-2008, 09:43 PM
yea homecourt advantage don't mean much anymore it's all about match up's just aks the Mavericks :( I think Boston is a good team so I think they will be ok in the playoffs.

i felt bad for the mavs when they lost to the warriors. they had the best record, determined and focused. avery should've kept his same lineup that won him those games. when teams adjust to the warrriors by going small, they usually come out on the losing end.

MTar786
03-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Mike D. only plays 8.

Barbosa - Diaw - Giricek, with an occasional Skinner isn't all that bad.

i dont care how many mike d plays.. my statement was on their bench.. those 3 are good tho.. but their bench as a whole is terrible.. much better than last years tho oh btw.. giricek is playing sooo well for the suns now. what a pick up!

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-19-2008, 10:27 PM
houston is not garbage. you don't win 22 straight with a bunch of trash. they play solid defense and talk about role players, i would take their role players anyday. moving on, this year, the spurs can be beat. i agree, the mavs are missing something, not just the players they lost but dirk never recovered from the finals and the warrriors.

with bynum, gasol, odom, kobe and fisher, the lakers are the best team, hands down. they have the best starting 5 and the deepest bench. no one can match up with them. they are going to win multiple championships over the next several years. hornets are not going away when you have cp3. utah will be tough to beat. the suns could win the 1st round, maybe even the second but i don't see them advancing after that.

i see boston/detroit and lakers/hornets. lakers/pistons. lakers winning it all.

Seriously, you just jumped up 8 notches in my book with this post. You know your hoops!:D

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-19-2008, 10:33 PM
i dont care how many mike d plays.. my statement was on their bench.. those 3 are good tho.. but their bench as a whole is terrible.. much better than last years tho oh btw.. giricek is playing sooo well for the suns now. what a pick up!

But you just made an argument for their bench strength. They have 3 solid guys coming off the bench and a serviceable one in Skinner. In the playoffs you usually only go 7 or 8 deep. They dont need to have talent to the end of the roster cause in the playoffs the starters play most the game. I agree, it would help them during the regular season to have a deeper bench so they are not playing 8 guys the whole year. But come playoff time they are bringing in something off the bench that moves faster than lightning. I'm not sure what it is but they call it Barbosa. Diaw is solid and Giricek can spread the court for Nash's penetration and Shaqs low post passing capability's. Not too many playoff teams can bring guys like that off the bench.

Dmagic87
03-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Boston is the best team in the NBA... Dammit! Only teams that have a chance are the Lakers, Spurs, and maybe Detroit. I would say the Lakers with Bynum but he isn't coming back so kobe would just have to do ridiculous sh *** to win. With the spurs, Duncan has a slight advantage but the pierce/allen combo destroys parker/ginobli. With Detroit... Rasheed needs to stop being foolish and just work the post. When Sheed is playing well, Detoit can win as well. But for now... Boston has the best chance.

JordansBulls
03-19-2008, 10:51 PM

It's actually very important.

Here is a % of how good teams have done on the road in the playoffs.

Road Records (http://www.nba.com/history/records/alltime_team_playoff_wl.html#Road)

Home Records (http://www.nba.com/history/records/alltime_team_playoff_wl.html#Home)

Thus having homecourt is vital and means a lot. It's not to say that without it you can't win the title, but with it you should win the series you are playing in.

MTar786
03-20-2008, 03:43 AM
home court advantage means a great deal in the playoffs.. i wonder who made such a dumb statement

MTar786
03-20-2008, 03:45 AM
But you just made an argument for their bench strength. They have 3 solid guys coming off the bench and a serviceable one in Skinner. In the playoffs you usually only go 7 or 8 deep. They dont need to have talent to the end of the roster cause in the playoffs the starters play most the game. I agree, it would help them during the regular season to have a deeper bench so they are not playing 8 guys the whole year. But come playoff time they are bringing in something off the bench that moves faster than lightning. I'm not sure what it is but they call it Barbosa. Diaw is solid and Giricek can spread the court for Nash's penetration and Shaqs low post passing capability's. Not too many playoff teams can bring guys like that off the bench.

... ya i prob didnt type my statement right... what i meant to say was phoenix has no depth.. they have a 7-8 man rotation.. n the problem is that they use that rotation from the start of the season.. so come play off time it kinda hurts them.. anyway i wanna see them win.. if notg the lakers im pulling for phoenix

ShakeN'Bake
03-20-2008, 09:44 AM
boston is not just a perimeter team. are you telling me they don't score in the paint? i meant with shaq's presence, perkins and kg didn't even make an attempt to attack the rim. you could clearly see their hesitation when shaq was in the middle. another example, diaw can play under the rim. but when the suns play the spurs, duncan keeps everyone out because of his shot blocking ability.

the suns curse is that we always get the older version of great players. nash, shaq, hill. i wonder if those 3 guys were in their prime (meaning age wise), what this suns team could've been. kobe was so fortunate to get the most dominant center in his prime. we got a 36 year old and i would still take shaq over most centers regardless of his age.

Clearly you dont understand what I was getting at. I wasnt talking about the team I was talking about KG. You agreed that he was a primarily a jump shot guy and I was wondering how a defensive player could force a guy who is primarily just a jump shooter to be jump shooter? You FORCE people to be something they are not, not what they are.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-20-2008, 10:40 AM
It's actually very important.

Here is a % of how good teams have done on the road in the playoffs.

Road Records (http://www.nba.com/history/records/alltime_team_playoff_wl.html#Road)

Home Records (http://www.nba.com/history/records/alltime_team_playoff_wl.html#Home)

Thus having homecourt is vital and means a lot. It's not to say that without it you can't win the title, but with it you should win the series you are playing in.

i don't care what the % are with home court. that has been the suns false security blanket over the years. maybe home court meant nothing or maybe the suns just weren't good enough to win it all. maybe the latter statement is true.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Clearly you dont understand what I was getting at. I wasnt talking about the team I was talking about KG. You agreed that he was a primarily a jump shot guy and I was wondering how a defensive player could force a guy who is primarily just a jump shooter to be jump shooter? You FORCE people to be something they are not, not what they are.

let me state it this way: with shaq's presence, kg and perkins had second thoughts of attacking the basket.

besides, my problems with kg are in several areas. he plays power forward but to me he's soft when going inside. he gets a lot of uncontested dunks because there's no one in the lane. he won't make an attempt to attack when guarded, he settles for the jumper. his jumper's not that consistent, unlike boozer and amare. a true power forward has inside/outside.

CELTICS4LYFE
03-20-2008, 11:28 AM
KG takes whats given to him....soon as he gets the ball he looks for cutters(one of the best passing bigs) an if there r no open passes he either post ups or knocks down an 18 footer what more do u want??? he doesnt attack the rim like a boozer or amare but look at there body compared to him, an last time i checked kg was better than both!!!

God of War
03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
KG takes whats given to him....soon as he gets the ball he looks for cutters(one of the best passing bigs) an if there r no open passes he either post ups or knocks down an 18 footer what more do u want??? he doesnt attack the rim like a boozer or amare but look at there body compared to him, an last time i checked kg was better than both!!!

KG is good but here's the other PF I would take over him:
Duncan
Amare
Boozer
Al Jefferson
Pau Gasol
Dirk
Rasheed Wallace
David West

With the exception of a few guys on the list, I don't think anyone's going to disagree with me.

KG is not as good as most people make him out to be. His passion and energy covers up a lot of weak areas. Who's fault is it that he couldn't bulk up with muscle over the last 10 years?

Hotone1401
03-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Duncan
Amare
Boozer
Al Jefferson
Pau Gasol
Dirk
Rasheed Wallace
David West

With the exception of a few guys on the list, I don't think anyone's going to disagree with me.

KG is not as good as most people make him out to be. His passion and energy covers up a lot of weak areas. Who's fault is it that he couldn't bulk up with muscle over the last 10 years?

Sorry War God but I have to disagree. As much as I hate to, I just must. I usually side with alot of your positions on basketball but this is one that I really can't. I would take KG over any other PF in the league now and any year in the past or future. The guy is the ultimate team player and still one of the most skilled. The thing about him is that he doesn't have to display it and he would rather defer to his teammates who have been more than capable of getting the job done. That isn't to say that KG can't be the go to guy either. I remember him in the WCF against my Lakers a few years back and he just killed Karl Malone and my Lakers. He hit fadeaway after fadeaway, jumper after jumper, and destroyed us on the boards. All of this against Shaq and Malone.

I still think we haven't see the best of KG this year and that is because he hasn't had to. Come playoff time, KG and Cassell will dominate games with their two-man play just as they did once before. Only this time, they have a tremendous defensive team and some really good spot 3-point shooters that spread the floor. All of this, and I haven't even mention the guy's defensive intensity.

bostncelts34
03-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Duncan
Amare
Boozer
Al Jefferson
Pau Gasol
Dirk
Rasheed Wallace
David West

that migh have been one of the worst post i have EVER read. NONE of those PF's even come close to KG with the exception of duncan. But KG brings it WAY more then duncan every night. I would HATE for you to be a gm of my hometown team, tkaing david west over KG. wow. just woowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Afridi786
03-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Duncan is the best pf ever, you saying KG is better makes your post one of the worst ever.

Hotone1401
03-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Duncan is the best pf ever, you saying KG is better makes your post one of the worst ever.

I really would rather not get into a debate like this but I have to say something. Tim Duncan is not the best PF ever. Tim Duncan has been fortunate to be on some great teams with some really great teammates. Karl Malone is the best PF ever and defended Tim Duncan better than anyone. Karl Malone wasn't as fortunate having faced Michael Jordan both times in the Finals and if it weren't for MJ, Karl Malone would have a title too.

KG is better than Tim Duncan and always has been. Only KG has been on teams that couldn't compete and now for the first time in his career, has a team that he can lead to a title.

69centers
03-20-2008, 03:33 PM
KG playin at 20% huh?
So right now he's He-Man @ 100%?
At least be realistic trying to buid up your post....

It's like saying, KG was in a wheelchair before the game. He was going to announce his retirement but instead got up and said, "I'll play". Then he dunked on Amare.

Both guys were back and forth that game. Owned or not, Suns still won it.
Mind u that was Shaq's second game as a Sun, so it's not like we were clicking on all cylinders either. Based on how the next 2 weeks went for us, there's no reason Boston shoulda lost that game.

Maybe you don't watch KG much, but those few games back from injury, he was nowhere near his usual self. Garnett actually gives 110% every game, so in that one, 20% is not that much of an exageration. He increased the quality of play every game since coming back from the injury, but it took him 5-6 games to look comfortable again.

The whole team got used to playing 9 games (pretty successfully, too, at 7-2) without him, and then they had to go back to going through KG on both ends of the floor, so it was a transition for the entire team, not just Garnett. They lost 3 straight and did not look like themselves for that stretch.

They still have 6 less losses than anyone in the East and 8 less than anyone in the West. They're still the best no matter which way you slice it, and KG still owns Amare, anytime, any game, anywhere. Let's just wait and see because the Suns are coming to Boston next week. :box:

God of War
03-20-2008, 03:48 PM
I really would rather not get into a debate like this but I have to say something. Tim Duncan is not the best PF ever. Tim Duncan has been fortunate to be on some great teams with some really great teammates. Karl Malone is the best PF ever and defended Tim Duncan better than anyone. Karl Malone wasn't as fortunate having faced Michael Jordan both times in the Finals and if it weren't for MJ, Karl Malone would have a title too.

KG is better than Tim Duncan and always has been. Only KG has been on teams that couldn't compete and now for the first time in his career, has a team that he can lead to a title.

Tim Duncan is the BEST PF EVER!!! Look at the way he forces teams to adjust to him on both ends. He's only playing with great players because they won championships. Who the hell ever heard of Paker and Manu? They weren't well known until they won titles. They made a name for themselves.

Getting back to KG, he's great but I still stand behind what I said. I would take all those guys I mentioned above over KG. Shoot me if you have to but I'm not taking it back!!!

lebron:i suck
03-20-2008, 03:56 PM
but if suns ever make it to the finals
they better hope its celtics not pistons
coz celtics is a bad matchup for suns but pistons destroys suns every time
but ya overall the celtics are the best teamm
but if my lakers get healthyy
than id say we wud have a chance against celtics

Hotone1401
03-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Tim Duncan is the BEST PF EVER!!! Look at the way he forces teams to adjust to him on both ends. He's only playing with great players because they won championships. Who the hell ever heard of Paker and Manu? They weren't well known until they won titles. They made a name for themselves.

Getting back to KG, he's great but I still stand behind what I said. I would take all those guys I mentioned above over KG. Shoot me if you have to but I'm not taking it back!!!

Again, I must disagree. Karl Malone is the PF ever to play the game. Tim Duncan came into this league and immediately was drafted by a winning team full of veterans. Even before Manu and TP developed, people always forget the teammates Tim Duncan had before. Guys like David Robinson, Avery Johnshon, Steve Smith, Kevin Willis, Bruce Bowen, a young and athletic Derek Anderson, Steve Kerr, Malike Rose (in his prime was a really good role player), a young but very raw Steven Jackson, Speedy Claxton, Danny Ferry, and the list goes on. I haven't even begun to mention the players that Tim Duncan has to help him on his current team like Manu, TP, Robert Horry, and Michael Finley.

Tim Duncan is a great player and one of the best PF's of all time but he is not the GOAT. KG is still better though and had KG been on the Spurs rather than Duncan. I guarantee you KG would have atleast got them a back to back. The Spurs in general are a good team and a great organization. Winning starts at the top and goes all the way down to the players. If you ask me, Manu Ginobli is the real reason the Tim Duncan has any rings at all. Without Ginobli, Tim Duncan probably only has one ring with David Robinson during the NBA lockout season.

There is no reason to argue this. Tim Duncan is a great player who was fortunate enough to have great teams. Like I said before, put KG on a great team and now we see what happens.

Boston > Spurs all day and so KG > TD all day.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
03-20-2008, 05:50 PM
yea they have the best record and beat the best teams
Best team in NBA right now

God of War
03-20-2008, 07:20 PM
but if suns ever make it to the finals
they better hope its celtics not pistons
coz celtics is a bad matchup for suns but pistons destroys suns every time
but ya overall the celtics are the best teamm
but if my lakers get healthyy
than id say we wud have a chance against celtics

I can't figure out why the Celtics are a bad match up for the Lakers. PP and Allen were never known for their defense.

Suns are a bad matchup for the Celtics.

God of War
03-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Again, I must disagree. Karl Malone is the PF ever to play the game. Tim Duncan came into this league and immediately was drafted by a winning team full of veterans. Even before Manu and TP developed, people always forget the teammates Tim Duncan had before. Guys like David Robinson, Avery Johnshon, Steve Smith, Kevin Willis, Bruce Bowen, a young and athletic Derek Anderson, Steve Kerr, Malike Rose (in his prime was a really good role player), a young but very raw Steven Jackson, Speedy Claxton, Danny Ferry, and the list goes on. I haven't even begun to mention the players that Tim Duncan has to help him on his current team like Manu, TP, Robert Horry, and Michael Finley.

Tim Duncan is a great player and one of the best PF's of all time but he is not the GOAT. KG is still better though and had KG been on the Spurs rather than Duncan. I guarantee you KG would have atleast got them a back to back. The Spurs in general are a good team and a great organization. Winning starts at the top and goes all the way down to the players. If you ask me, Manu Ginobli is the real reason the Tim Duncan has any rings at all. Without Ginobli, Tim Duncan probably only has one ring with David Robinson during the NBA lockout season.

There is no reason to argue this. Tim Duncan is a great player who was fortunate enough to have great teams. Like I said before, put KG on a great team and now we see what happens.

Boston > Spurs all day and so KG > TD all day.

There is not one player who will tell you Malone is better than Duncan. Why don't you ask the guys that played the game like Magic and Barkley. You don't think they would a little about basketball?

Duncan does it on both ends. He swats anything in his path and even when he gets beat, he still comes from the backside, blocks the shot, rebounds and controls it. On offense, it's predictable but once he gets it in the post, there's really nothing anyone can do. KG doesn't have the physical tools to back anyone down, turn and finish. In fact, KG has zero post skills. Even when the Suns were looking to trade for KG, that would've been a great move but I still didn't feel that was the answer to stopping Duncan.

Hey, I'm a Suns fan and I hate the Spurs but I'm not a douche bag to admit that Duncan, CP3 and Kobe are the best players in the league. In fact, that's how I would build a franchise in that exact order.

Besides, I'm not going to even bring up the hardware Duncan has won but in a society where everything is measured by results, in this case titles, how can you support your position? Do you think the Showtime Lakers would've made it the HOF is it weren't for their championships? If Jordan never won 6 titles, Magic and Bird would still be considered the greatest to ever play the game.

Hotone1401
03-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Cool man. That is your opinion and I have mine. Calm down. Douche bag? I hope that wasn't directed at me??? Quit being so defensive and please don't insult me if that was what you were trying to do. I never went that far and I didn't even realize our debate has gotten that heated lol. I still prefer KG over Duncan. Sorry if that bothers you but that is just my opinion. I'm not trying to discredit Tim Duncan man. Saying KG is better than him isn't necessarily a insult to Tim Duncan. KG is one hell of a player. Either way, we aren't goin sway one another so be cool okay? Peace.

ShakeN'Bake
03-21-2008, 12:04 AM
let me state it this way: with shaq's presence, kg and perkins had second thoughts of attacking the basket.

Ok I can respect that.

Flash812
03-21-2008, 12:30 AM
I hope somehow the Hornets can beat them on saturday, it should be very interesting to watch. Maybe if they win they will get more national attention that is deserved. Boston is the Best team in the league and really the Eastern finals will be just a fun to watch as the west will be if Boston and Detroit each make it there which they should.

calrosbeltran
03-21-2008, 12:35 AM
this is incredible nobody liked boston before this season. i remember getting antoine back from the mavs, jiri welsch. ricky davis, chucky atkins , the good old days losing to the pacers by 50 point in game seven. the team was a complete joke but i loved them back then and now , but back then no way if you liked the celtics theyd laugh at you, the bad thing about sports is your team can always change once the one you really like sucks

BTownTeamsRKing
03-21-2008, 12:47 AM
this is incredible nobody liked boston before this season. i remember getting antoine back from the mavs, jiri welsch. ricky davis, chucky atkins , the good old days losing to the pacers by 50 point in game seven. the team was a complete joke but i loved them back then and now , but back then no way if you liked the celtics theyd laugh at you, the bad thing about sports is your team can always change once the one you really like sucks

I am with u on that one. who can forget raef lafrentz, marc blount, justin reed, orien greene, and many other worthless players?

or the days of big vitaly potempiko? those were dreadful.

jiri welch? haaaaaa that guy sucks so bad hes not in the NBA any more. if C's fans remember his nickname given to him by heinsohn: Consequences. hahaha terrible times.

o forgot szcserbiak or w.e his name is. that guy cant shoot for ****. now that hes with LBJ ppl thought hed be good. NOPE. i called this one all the way. since joining LBJ. he is shooting 31%!!!! WOW ....only a matter of time before he slips on a towel and ends his season with an ankle issue.

i sat through the horrific play of the guys i mentioned above and im loven every moment of this new era of Celtics basketball. :cool:

texas sweep: complete :clap:

bostncelts34
03-21-2008, 12:57 AM

ERIC WILLIAMS! i loved him back in the day. came off the bench and played hard every time.

Spurred1
03-21-2008, 12:59 AM
If you ask me, Manu Ginobli is the real reason the Tim Duncan has any rings at all.:speechless:

JJigga3000
03-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Today Yes, tomorrow, maybe not.

nyyfan4life
03-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Last 3 games, winning against the Spurs, Rockets and Mavs. I'd say they are the best team in the league. When "The big 3" are healthy and playing well they are a very scary team. Role players such as Davis, Powe, House, Rondo, POsey and very recently Cassell have played their roles perfectly.

kobeFan1991
03-21-2008, 01:23 AM
depends on how well the lakers play at full strength toghether.

nastylikedwade
03-21-2008, 01:30 AM
And Why Is This Blog Not In The Celtics Forum. Double Standard By Psd.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-21-2008, 02:13 AM
If you ask me, Manu Ginobli is the real reason the Tim Duncan has any rings at all.:speechless:

ridiculous. that's like saying shaq won 3 titles because of kobe. without duncan or shaq, their teams would've gone nowhere.

LA_Raiders
03-21-2008, 02:31 AM
Right now, there is no doubt about it. But my Lakers haven't had Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum in the lineup together yet..............so it's hard to say. I like our chances.............but that's purely speculation since we haven't seen them play together yet. So I'd say that the Celtics are the best team in the NBA right now.

Actually is pretty easy to say...WE ARE THE BEST NOW....because we are 1st in the WEST not the easy like Bos. And we have 2 starters injured...

Spurred1
03-21-2008, 02:33 AM
ridiculous. that's like saying shaq won 3 titles because of kobe. without duncan or shaq, their teams would've gone nowhere.
Oh, I know that. I couldn't believe someone actually said that. Teams focus their defenses on the big guys, and the other players take advantage of that situation. Saying Manu is the reason for the rings is 100% absurd.

Hotone1401
03-21-2008, 02:50 AM
Oh, I know that. I couldn't believe someone actually said that. Teams focus their defenses on the big guys, and the other players take advantage of that situation. Saying Manu is the reason for the rings is 100% absurd.

It's not 100% absurd. Yes, big men like Tim Duncan and Shaq attract attention and open up lanes for perimeter players but it takes more than just an average perimeter player to navigate their way through the lanes. Manu Ginobli and Kobe are both great at that. It isn't ridicilous to say that Tim Duncan would have less titles without Ginobli. In fact, that may very well be true. Don't discredit Ginobli's game. The guy is a warrior and one tough mofo. Ginobli kills every defense he faces with his akward left hand style.

Look...Tim Duncan is a great player. But just like any other player...he needs help from other teammates to win. I know that and I also know that Ginobli has been Tim Duncan's biggest help during all their championships. If you can't see that than you are the one who is absurd. Without Ginobli, the Spurs have a horrible half court offensive team. Even with him, they aren't good either and Ginobli continues to bail them out time and time again. In no way am I trying to take away from Tim Duncan but it does upset me how much people underrate Ginobli as a player. The guy is just a winner. He plays winning basketball in the NBA and in the Olypmics. There is a reason why.

Anyways, who cares about the Spurs now. They are done. They won't win another championship during this era again. Mark my words. Write it down if you want. I said it and I'll take any bets if anyone thinks any different. Even if they did make out of the West (which I doubt), they will get man handled by KG and the Celtics.

Spurred1
03-21-2008, 03:07 AM
It's not 100% absurd. Yes, big men like Tim Duncan and Shaq attract attention and open up lanes for perimeter players but it takes more than just an average perimeter player to navigate their way through the lanes. Manu Ginobli and Kobe are both great at that. It isn't ridicilous to say that Tim Duncan would have less titles without Ginobli. In fact, that may very well be true. Don't discredit Ginobli's game. The guy is a warrior and one tough mofo. Ginobli kills every defense he faces with his akward left hand style.

Look...Tim Duncan is a great player. But just like any other player...he needs help from other teammates to win. I know that and I also know that Ginobli has been Tim Duncan's biggest help during all their championships. If you can't see that than you are the one who is absurd. Without Ginobli, the Spurs have a horrible half court offensive team. Even with him, they aren't good either and Ginobli continues to bail them out time and time again. In no way am I trying to take away from Tim Duncan but it does upset me how much people underrate Ginobli as a player. The guy is just a winner. He plays winning basketball in the NBA and in the Olypmics. There is a reason why.

Anyways, who cares about the Spurs now. They are done. They won't win another championship during this era again. Mark my words. Write it down if you want. I said it and I'll take any bets if anyone thinks any different. Even if they did make out of the West (which I doubt), they will get man handled by KG and the Celtics.
No one here in SA underrates Ginobili. He's been briefly mentioned as a possible MVP candidate. He is a terrific player and I love that he plays for my team. However, he hasn't been the biggest help in all the championship runs, either. Parker went nuts during the Finals last year and essentially helped the Spurs win. I'd take Ginobili over Parker any day of the week, though. (I hate Parker)
Ginobili does bail this team out quite a bit, especially when our bench sucks it up which has been the case lately (thanks Finley). But Duncan is our anchor and without him, Ginobili might not have any rings. They obviously rely on each other. I understand what you're saying, though.

JordansBulls
03-21-2008, 08:09 AM

Duncan won in 1999 with no Manu and in 2003 Manu was a rookie. Sure Manu helped but he wasn't the reason. Duncan was the reason easily.

BTownTeamsRKing
03-21-2008, 08:30 AM
ERIC WILLIAMS! i loved him back in the day. came off the bench and played hard every time.

E for 3!! haha the days of kenny anderson, walker, battie..and the horrible trade of

joe johnson and a 1st rd pick for rodney rodgers and tony delk.

to think we could have had Joe johnson right now too.

and last but not least: I love waltaaaa!!!!! Big T screamed it after every 3.

the Celtics went 6-0 against TX teams this year. most of him wen missing players.

@ home against Dal and SA: no KG
@ SA and Hou: no Ray Allen

YES this team is the BEST.

kurivaimu
03-21-2008, 08:54 AM
i think that the argument that Lakers are a top of the west ( which is better than east) dont mean nothing.

Celtics have a VERY IMPRESSIVE RECORD against the west.

cwilson21
03-21-2008, 10:13 AM
i think that the argument that Lakers are a top of the west ( which is better than east) dont mean nothing.

Agree. The Celtics are flat out dominant.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-21-2008, 11:18 AM

right, records mean nothing. look at the suns 4 years ago when they were 62-20 and dallas last year at 67 wins (if memory serves me right).

the team that plays the best in the playoffs will prevail. rosters, speculation, scenarios don't mean anything.

as far as the spurs and lakers, without duncan/shaq, no titles. duncan and shaq has proven that they can win titles with a different sidekick. shaq would've won 3 or more in la if he had lebron, wade, tmac, ginobili. hell, shaq even went to the finals with penny. kobe hasn't done anything the last 3 years. now that he has not only bynum but gasol, he thinks he's the reason for their winning when in fact, fisher also had a major part in the lakers success.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-21-2008, 11:20 AM

i'm confused, i thought you said ^^ginobili was the reason why duncan won those titles.

Gmen824
03-21-2008, 11:20 AM
its a very simple answer... yes. just look at there record against the top tear teams in the west eZzZzZ.

WilymoPena
03-21-2008, 12:20 PM

HAHAHA the Pistons are better? Dunno how you figure that. They have practically no bench man, same goes for the Suns. Neither one of these teams has a chance against the Celtics. Since when does Shaq force anyone to alter their gameplan? Not in recent memory at least. Garnett has always been a shooter as well, that shoulder shot is practically the guys trademark. Celtics are pretty much guaranteed a championship if they keep playing defense at the level they have been, and even if they don't they can run and gun a few games and run up the score on you.

Pluvious
03-21-2008, 06:34 PM
HAHAHA the Pistons are better? Dunno how you figure that. They have practically no bench man, same goes for the Suns. Neither one of these teams has a chance against the Celtics. Since when does Shaq force anyone to alter their gameplan? Not in recent memory at least. Garnett has always been a shooter as well, that shoulder shot is practically the guys trademark. Celtics are pretty much guaranteed a championship if they keep playing defense at the level they have been, and even if they don't they can run and gun a few games and run up the score on you.

Everyone of your statements is not accurate or pure speculation (except that Garnett does shoot that shoulder shot). That's hard to achieve. Congrats.

Spurred1
03-21-2008, 06:39 PM
i'm confused, i thought you said ^^ginobili was the reason why duncan won those titles.
Nope-I was quoting someone. No way would I say that Ginobili is responsible for Duncan's rings.

Spurred1
03-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Duncan won in 1999 with no Manu and in 2003 Manu was a rookie. Sure Manu helped but he wasn't the reason. Duncan was the reason easily.
I was quoting someone when I put that. I DON'T have that view. To me, Duncan is the best PF.

Hotone1401
03-21-2008, 06:41 PM

No you are wrong. Duncan was not the main reason. That Championship team had David Robinson, Avery Johnson, and Shawn Elliot on that team. Plus, that was the same year there was the NBA lockout. There should be an asterisk next to the title. No hate, just the truth.

Hotone1401
03-21-2008, 06:52 PM
right, records mean nothing. look at the suns 4 years ago when they were 62-20 and dallas last year at 67 wins (if memory serves me right).

the team that plays the best in the playoffs will prevail. rosters, speculation, scenarios don't mean anything.

as far as the spurs and lakers, without duncan/shaq, no titles. duncan and shaq has proven that they can win titles with a different sidekick. shaq would've won 3 or more in la if he had lebron, wade, tmac, ginobili. hell, shaq even went to the finals with penny. kobe hasn't done anything the last 3 years. now that he has not only bynum but gasol, he thinks he's the reason for their winning when in fact, fisher also had a major part in the lakers success.

Kobe thinks he is the reason for winning??? Do I have to remind you that the Lakers were considered the best team in the west even without Gasol?? People seem to forget that. People also seem to forget Kobe led the Lakers on 7-2 road trip without Bynum or Gasol. Yes, Gasol puts them over the top but the Lakers weren't scrubs without him. Bynum has had a great impact on the Lakers winning early on ofcourse Kobe won't get credit for that right??? Kobe only spoon feeds him the ball under the basket and throws him lobs all game. But that has nothing to do with Kobe?? Kobe only kills and motivates his team and Bynum to work and improve everyday by pushing the in the weight room and in practice, but Kobe doesn't deserve credit for his development??? Give me a break. You talk as Bynum and Gasol are the main reasons for the Lakers success but yet Gasol has only been with the team for less than 20 games and I don't even remeber the last time Bynum played.

I do agree that Fisher has had a great impact but you can't deny Kobe either. Granite, losing Smush Parker is always an upgrade at PG.

Yea I but guess you are right. Kobe sucks and he could never lead a team to a title. Penny, Lebron, Wade, T-mac, and Ginobli could have done just as well in Kobe's position with the Lakers. Just like Lebron, Wade, Ginobli, and Penny can win a title on their own. Give me a break man. Duncan and Shaq needed great guards just as much as the guards needed them.

Hotone1401
03-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Nope-I was quoting someone. No way would I say that Ginobili is responsible for Duncan's rings.

Nobody said Manu Ginobli was the sole reason Duncan has his rings but I guarantee you that he would only have one if it weren't for Ginobli. Plus, in 1999 Duncan had David Robinson. This whole thing started when I said that I would take KG over Duncan and I would. It's just my opinion. Deal with it. My argument was that if you put KG on the Spurs during those years KG would have done just as good if not better. The reason KG has never had much success is because of the weak teams he has had. The one year he gets Cassell and Sprewell, he takes the Lakers ridiculous team of Malone, Shaq, Payton (Old and overrated at the time), and Kobe to 7 games in the WCF.

All I am saying is Duncan's success is only a measure of his teammates just as with any other player. I still say...switch Duncan and KG and the Spurs atleast have one back to back title.

BouGa
03-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Celtics are by far the #1 team in the league, and its all because of there defense. They could have an off night on offense, but there defense can hold them in the game vs any1 in the NBA.

With the 2 vets we picked up in Cassell and Brown, once they practice and get the plays down they will be very very hard to beat in a 7 game series.

And the Utah win is our worst win of the season, and we just played awful the last 3 minutes.

Flash812
03-21-2008, 07:02 PM

Exactly, plus the Hornets are right there with the Lakers with the same amount of losses and nobody talks about them being the best or one of the best teams. Chris Paul has put himself as about the 3rd best player in the league right now. What Boston is doing is special and I am not a fan of their team but can't help but pull for them becuase of some of the players they have.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-21-2008, 07:08 PM

kg has no heart to play inside, that's why i've said all along, he's overrated. why would you settle for the outside shot when you're almost 7 feet and can take your man off the dribble with your speed? if amare settled for the outside shot, this guy's butt would be riding the bench. i can't stand watching power forwards camp out on the perimeter. the reason why garnett doesn't do it as much is because either he's scared to get hit or he just doesn't have the skills to put the ball on the floor, drive and finish with a gorilla dunk. amare gets a lot of shot altered or blocked but he gets to the free throw line.

amare's defense has been well documented as being below average. but he get's a lot of love from critics, fans and analyst's because he's such a freakin monster when he has the ball. when amare is on, no one and i mean no one can stop him. ever since his rookie season, i don't remember 1 game where kg has dominated amare.

as for boston, maybe they might be the best team. i guess since you can only measure teams by their record but i still think they will have problems with the teams in the west.

calrosbeltran
03-21-2008, 07:08 PM
thatll be kool i wish i could go to tomorrows game against celtics in neworleans, but im going april 11th against the suns right here 10 rows back baby

Pluvious
03-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Celtics are by far the #1 team in the league, and its all because of there defense. They could have an off night on offense, but there defense can hold them in the game vs any1 in the NBA.

With the 2 vets we picked up in Cassell and Brown, once they practice and get the plays down they will be very very hard to beat in a 7 game series.

And the Utah win is our worst win of the season, and we just played awful the last 3 minutes.

Boston should be considered the best team in the league. They have proved that up to this point. But that doesn't necessarily translate into dominance in the post season. Often (as seen in the last few seasons for example) teams that dominate the regular season don't do the same in the playoffs.

You yourself mention Boston's tendency to have offensive droughts. This doesn't tend to be an issue in the regular season but playing against a team for 7 straight games can bring these issues to light.

Against a great offensive team even Boston won't be able to completely stop a team. So, they need to make sure they can score themselves. They may or may not be able to do that. The team to me that Boston most resembles is San Antonio. So that bodes well. Although I think Boston relies more on the outside game than the Spurs do.

Hotone1401
03-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Boston does resemble San Antonio but they are better defensivelya and offensively. Boston's defense is amazing and the guys on that team play with fire and passion every game. The Spurs do the same but their half court offense is horrible. Ginobli has to bail them out every game for them to win. It is just sad to watch.

Boston is better than San Antonio because they have more than one player who can attack one on one from the perimeter. The Spurs have Ginobli and that is it. Boston has Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Sam Cassell. Maybe not so much Ray but Pierce and Sam Cassell are unguardable one on one. Spurs don't stand a chance.

Not to say that the Spurs will even get to the Finals but if they did, it wouldn't be much of a series. Sam Cassell pretty much locked it up for them. Boston will be the Champions by seasons end.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Duncan and Shaq needed great guards just as much as the guards needed them.

of course they needed each other. but the laker fan's argument is that shaq would've never won those titles without kobe. i disagree. shaq would've won those titles if he had lebron, wade, tmac or manu. shaq went to the finals with penny. shaq won a title with wade. i have history on my side to prove my point. kobe hasn't gotten his team out of the 1st round the last 3 years. let's see how the lakers do this year.

if you know anything about basketball, you build your franchise around a great bigman. if you had the #1 pick in the draft and could choose from duncan, shaq, lebron, wade, kobe, iverson, cp3 or nash. i'm taking shaq or duncan. then i work on a point guard like cp3 or nash. then it's kobe, wade or lebron (techinically a 3).

ThePhxHasRizen
03-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Boston does resemble San Antonio but they are better defensivelya and offensively. Boston's defense is amazing and the guys on that team play with fire and passion every game. The Spurs do the same but their half court offense is horrible. Ginobli has to bail them out every game for them to win. It is just sad to watch.

Boston is better than San Antonio because they have more than one player who can attack one on one from the perimeter. The Spurs have Ginobli and that is it. Boston has Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Sam Cassell. Maybe not so much Ray but Pierce and Sam Cassell are unguardable one on one. Spurs don't stand a chance.

Not to say that the Spurs will even get to the Finals but if they did, it wouldn't be much of a series. Sam Cassell pretty much locked it up for them. Boston will be the Champions by seasons end.

who's saying boston will be matching up with the spurs? teams have figured out how to play the spurs, although they are still dangerous. boston will not handle the lakers if they meet in the finals. kg and perkins can't handle bynum and gasol in the post. i don't care how good kg's defense is. pp and allen cannot handle lamar and kobe. fisher is too savvy for rondo unless boston starts cassell. if that happens, who's going to come off the bench for boston? rondo, glen davis, tony allen, eddie house, posey, pj brown or pollard? please! do you think boston's bench can match up with the lakers bench? then it finally comes down to coaching. need i say more?

lakersfan226
03-21-2008, 07:37 PM
yeah i would say boston is the best team right now but we havnt seen the lakers at full strength

ThePhxHasRizen
03-21-2008, 07:37 PM
No you are wrong. Duncan was not the main reason. That Championship team had David Robinson, Avery Johnson, and Shawn Elliot on that team. Plus, that was the same year there was the NBA lockout. There should be an asterisk next to the title. No hate, just the truth.

with the exception of robinson, do you think the rest of the team were a bunch of all stars or good role players? i think the latter.

as for the *, i guess if the lakers won the title that year, jackson would've never made that stupid comment right? come on man, are you saying the lakers were better than the spurs? if so, why did the spurs win the title then? every team had the same opportunities at the championship.

it sounds like hate. why would you take that away from the spurs when they earned it? was it san antonio's fault there was a lockout? besides, the season was shorter not the playoffs! the regular season doesn't realy count, remember?

ThePhxHasRizen
03-21-2008, 07:38 PM
yeah i would say boston is the best team right now but we havnt seen the lakers at full strength

i hate the lakers because i'm a suns fan but when everyone comes back from injury, they not only are the best team but will win multiple championships.

Pluvious
03-21-2008, 08:49 PM
i hate the lakers because i'm a suns fan but when everyone comes back from injury, they not only are the best team but will win multiple championships.

I think if Bynum is a dominant type player on offense and defense the Lakers become the best team. With Gasol and no Bynum I think they are great on offense and among the elite but not necessarily better than the other top west teams (depending on how well they play come playoff time).

But if Bynum can disrupt on defense and be a force (a real force not just a solid player) on offense and things are still smooth on offense then they can be the best team. Its just really unlikely this season though that Bynum is ready to be that player (especially after his injury). It seems more likely that the Lakers could use a nice playoff run and then potentially be the top team next season.

CubsBullsfan28
03-21-2008, 09:21 PM
even though they do have the best record, dont forget they are in the east too. i think it would still be good, but there would be more loses if they were in the west. besides that they are probably in the top 3 with LA and Detroit, with teams like the suns right behind them,but im not sure if i would classify them as the best. my guess though is that they dominate for another 2-3 years, then there stars start to age , then they are back to rebuilding mode.

God of War
03-21-2008, 10:53 PM
even though they do have the best record, dont forget they are in the east too. i think it would still be good, but there would be more loses if they were in the west. besides that they are probably in the top 3 with LA and Detroit, with teams like the suns right behind them,but im not sure if i would classify them as the best. my guess though is that they dominate for another 2-3 years, then there stars start to age , then they are back to rebuilding mode.

I agree, the Celtics are built to win now like the Suns. But look what Boston gave up to get KG. Imagine if Al Jefferson was still in Boston?

If the Celtics were playing in the West, I have heard them seeded somewhere between 3 and 4. I think Boston has the best defense statistically but I still don't see them winning a title.

papelbon58
03-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Last 3 games, winning against the Spurs, Rockets and Mavs. I'd say they are the best team in the league. When "The big 3" are healthy and playing well they are a very scary team. Role players such as Davis, Powe, House, Rondo, POsey and very recently Cassell have played their roles perfectly.

i would not call rondo a role player. hes our starting pg. and a very good one 2. as good as the big three? no. but still very good.

papelbon58
03-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Actually is pretty easy to say...WE ARE THE BEST NOW....because we are 1st in the WEST not the easy like Bos. And we have 2 starters injured...

actually it is hard to say cause you dont know how the celts would do if they were in the west. they are 23-4 or something like that against the west.

papelbon58
03-21-2008, 11:58 PM
who's saying boston will be matching up with the spurs? teams have figured out how to play the spurs, although they are still dangerous. boston will not handle the lakers if they meet in the finals. kg and perkins can't handle bynum and gasol in the post. i don't care how good kg's defense is. pp and allen cannot handle lamar and kobe. fisher is too savvy for rondo unless boston starts cassell. if that happens, who's going to come off the bench for boston? rondo, glen davis, tony allen, eddie house, posey, pj brown or pollard? please! do you think boston's bench can match up with the lakers bench? then it finally comes down to coaching. need i say more?

so much wrong with what you just said.
1.) kg cant handle bynum or gasol? have you ever seen garnett play? hes one of the best defenders in the league
2.) im pretty sure the celts bench has more than shut its critics up (except for haters like you). if your saying rondo comes off the bench(???? pretty sure hes proven himself) hes an amazing defender with one of the quickest pairs of hands in the league, great passer, extremely quick, and his jump shoot is getting better. davis, who may hit the rookie wall ill admit, is playing very well this season, same with house(great shooter), posey(great shooter), pj hasnt shown me much yet but hes still getting into game shape and he has experience. pollard is out for the season. tony allen is quick and a great defender. leon powe has been playing very well.

i still dont know why you hate on the celts (esp garnett) so much

balla4life22
03-22-2008, 12:16 PM

Man i cant wait til the celtics prove ur ***** wrong when the playoffs come. I'm not even gonna talk just wait to c what happens talk is cheap.

Hotone1401
03-22-2008, 06:56 PM

Please don't say anymore lol! I'm kind of tired of reading your BS arguments and I kind of resent the fact that you are being this defensive about it. I made an opinion and you obviously have yours. We aren't gonna convince eachother otherwise so let's just let the games speak for themselves.

I say Boston wins the title over the Lakers and the Spurs will never win another title during this era. The Lakers will have a better shot next season against he Celtics.That is my opinion now lets see how it plays out.

Wake's Fastball
03-22-2008, 07:02 PM

I'm really sick of hearing this. They're 23-4 against the West, and their record is actually better against Western Conference teams than Eastern Conference teams. I'm not arguing they're in a better conference, far from it, but they've more than proven they can handle themselves versus Western Conference teams.

Redbull
03-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Right now they have to be the best team, they have the best starting lineup in the league and there bench now with Cassell and Brown are one of the best.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-22-2008, 07:51 PM
i would not call rondo a role player. hes our starting pg. and a very good one 2. as good as the big three? no. but still very good.

a starter can be called a role player. his role is to handle the ball and get it to the superstars.

stevec6
03-22-2008, 07:53 PM
they are without a doubt the best team, they proved that with the texas sweep, they have beat all the best teams in the mighty west and have proven to be the best team in the east.

nastylikedwade
03-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Celtics Are The Best Team In The Nba Hands Down. No One Is Close. They Have The Best Defense. The Best Defensive Team Is Usually The Best Team Also.

Pujolsfan91
03-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Boston is the best team in the NBA. They have been amazing against the west and there isn't any competition in the east outside of the pistons.

boston rocks
03-22-2008, 09:44 PM
i like this the celtics and the lakers are the best teams in the leauge, it would be great to see them in the finals.

D Blue987
03-22-2008, 10:55 PM
im with boston rocks chick, the lakers and celtics would be an awesome finals. i think that is easily the ideal matchup that everyone wants to see. (would everyone agree? if not please specify a better matchup if you can) well after reading some of your posts i must say Boston is the best time right now. their record indicates so. At the same time, if anyone thinks that the Lakers couldnt give them a run for their money (if healthy) then your sadly mistaken. People seem to forget that both times we played Boston we never had Pau and adding him to the mix will make more of a difference than people do think. anytime your team adds and all star caliber player to your line up after time passes you will get better and thats exactly what the lakers have done. I will grant people the arguement that the Celtics have the best defense in the league (and you need it to win championships) but with 2 bigs the lakers have injured and coming back soon im really anxious to see just how good this team is. Like i said Boston is for sure the best team right now but i wouldnt be surprised if the Lakers gave them a fight for the championship in the end. time will tell. (to anyone who says that the suns are a bad matchup for the celts, get off the pipe! 1 game doesnt dictate an entire season unless its your last)

titus10/13
03-22-2008, 11:23 PM

the suns will not get past the lakers...i honestly think the lakers will win it all...they r deep @ every position when healthy

fisher,farmar,sasha,karl,kobe,ariza,walton,radman, odom,newble,ronny t, gasol,mihm,bynum,mbenga

what also makes them the favorite- kobe & phil can smell championship & will beat boston 4 it. the biggest finals of the decade. lakers vs. boston

titus10/13
03-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Boston is the best team in the NBA. They have been amazing against the west and there isn't any competition in the east outside of the pistons.

the first 2 times the lakers played boston they had kwame brown....need i say more... we're reloaded now

BoltLakerPadre
03-23-2008, 12:01 AM
the first 2 times the lakers played boston they had kwame brown....need i say more... we're reloaded now

Agreed, this is a new look Lakers team. The Western Conference playoffs will be a great warm up for David Stren's wet dream, a LAL/Bos finals.

BoltLakerPadre
03-23-2008, 12:02 AM
With Lakers winning in five or six. Anyone else smell a second three peat?

Boston-Born
03-23-2008, 12:25 AM

lol not at all

JordansBulls
03-23-2008, 12:28 AM

Where do people get this stuff from?

:mad:

Your team might not even make the finals yet along win 3 in a row.

Lakeshow08
03-23-2008, 01:56 AM
For know yea but i still need to see the Lakes Healthy in order to make a overall decision.

run4sun1988
03-23-2008, 02:41 AM
I think the Suns are the best. Shaq will 60 percent of his former self come playoff but that's still significant, he's also a good locker room leader and his experience will help alot. Amare is skilled and explosive around the rim, Nash is a great point guard, reja bell is a great defender, Diaw is a versatile forward. The starting lineup combined with a solid bench featuring grant hill and barbosa is formidable.

CELTICS4LYFE
03-23-2008, 07:56 AM
I think the Suns are the best. Shaq will 60 percent of his former self come playoff but that's still significant, he's also a good locker room leader and his experience will help alot. Amare is skilled and explosive around the rim, Nash is a great point guard, reja bell is a great defender, Diaw is a versatile forward. The starting lineup combined with a solid bench featuring grant hill and barbosa is formidable.

ya but still not better than beantown!!!!

papelbon58
03-23-2008, 11:01 AM

suns are good, but the celtics, pistons, lakers, spurs, and arguably the hornets are better than them.

younggunn113
03-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Boston is the best team in the league right now that's it though. Come playoff time I would take the Pistons, Lakers, Spurs, and maybe even Jazz over them. The "Boston Three Party" can't win in the playoffs..yeah yeah yeah, "but now theyre all on the same team!" I would still take a Pistons team who has won, and i despise Detroit. Everyone talks about how Boston played against the west, but when theyre not playing the western conference theyre basically being handed wins in the east. Play in the west on a nightly basis and its a different story. Allen and KG have injury problems as well. Ill take Fisher, Kobe, Odom and Pau (excluding Bynum, but if hes healthy sure..) over them in a 7 game series... Phil>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Doc

Rings
Kobe/Fisher- 6
Celtics- 3 (2 are Sam, who they just acquired)
Duncan- 4

Boston-Born
03-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Boston is the best team in the league right now that's it though. Come playoff time I would take the Pistons, Lakers, Spurs, and maybe even Jazz over them. The "Boston Three Party" can't win in the playoffs..yeah yeah yeah, "but now theyre all on the same team!" I would still take a Pistons team who has won, and i despise Detroit. Everyone talks about how Boston played against the west, but when theyre not playing the western conference theyre basically being handed wins in the east. Play in the west on a nightly basis and its a different story. Allen and KG have injury problems as well. Ill take Fisher, Kobe, Odom and Pau (excluding Bynum, but if hes healthy sure..) over them in a 7 game series... Phil>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Doc

Rings
Kobe/Fisher- 6
Celtics- 3 (2 are Sam, who they just acquired)
Duncan- 4

How many does Kobe have without Shaq??

Hotone1401
03-23-2008, 01:38 PM
How many does Kobe have without Shaq??

Your point? Are you saying that Kobe won't win another ring? Or how many will Kobe have without Shaq??? I say atleast 2 more smart guy.

This may be Boston's year but I definitely think we haven't seen the best of the Lakers yet and they are a very young team looking to contend for years to come. I say Boston wins this year and the Lakers will get the next one.

younggunn113
03-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Your point? Are you saying that Kobe won't win another ring? Or how many will Kobe have without Shaq??? I say atleast 2 more smart guy.

This may be Boston's year but I definitely think we haven't seen the best of the Lakers yet and they are a very young team looking to contend for years to come. I say Boston wins this year and the Lakers will get the next one.

Agreed with everything but the Boston point, I still think Det is the best team in the east...

Odom 28
Pau 27
Bynum 20
Farmar 21

Hotone1401
03-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Agreed with everything but the Boston point, I still think Det is the best team in the east...

Odom 28
Pau 27
Bynum 20
Farmar 21

Although I can't agree...that is what I am hoping when the ECF come around. My Lakers will matchup much better with Detroit than the Boston Celtics. If that happens, the Lakers may just win the title this year.;)

JordansBulls
03-23-2008, 02:12 PM

Odom 28
Pau 27
Bynum 20
Farmar 21

Why should Detroit be the team to beat? They have been beaten twice in the last two years when people have said they were the team to beat.

Hotone1401
03-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Why should Detroit be the team to beat? They have been beaten twice in the last two years when people have said they were the team to beat.

I think he said that because Detroit is a team full of veterans and the deepest bench they have ever had. Detroit also is a proven team where nobody has seen what Boston can do in the playoffs. I think that was his reasoning and I can understand it. Not sure what you don't see with that team???

Anyways, I still think Boston is the team to beat but to each his own. Let's just kick back and watch this playoffs coming up. It is sure to be a great one!:clap:

younggunn113
03-23-2008, 02:25 PM

I still think theyre the team to beat because right now theyre clearly better than the Cavs (East Champs)...Nobody knows what this Boston team is going to do in the playoffs. PP, Allen, and KG have never won a championship and the Pistons have. In my opinion Boston would be 2nd in the West and Detriot would probably be 5th or 6th if they had to play the same competition night in and night out. What scares me about Boston is that they blow far inferior teams in the east, what is going to happen in a 7 game series against Detroit or the western conference champs? Can they win close games, yeah Allen hit a buzzer beater early in the year but against who, the Bobcats? I just feel like every team in the west can match up with them pretty easily thats all, and Det is the only team in the east that can. A team full of Vets and a deep bench against a much shorter Boston rotation and older players with A LOT of minutes..I cant wait for the playoffs it could be one of the best in a veryyyyyy long time

kvrnm
03-23-2008, 02:29 PM

agreed

JordansBulls
03-23-2008, 02:31 PM
I still think theyre the team to beat because right now theyre clearly better than the Cavs (East Champs)...Nobody knows what this Boston team is going to do in the playoffs. PP, Allen, and KG have never won a championship and the Pistons have. In my opinion Boston would be 2nd in the West and Detriot would probably be 5th or 6th if they had to play the same competition night in and night out.

Why do people come up with these opinions and can't use actual information is beyond me. The Celtics are 23-5 against the West which is a 82% winning %.

Boston's overall winning % is 79.7% which means they have played worse against the East. No other team in the league has a 71% winning percentage against the west. It is fair to say the Celtics would be just as good in the west or even better which is shown by how they have a better record against them than they do against the east.

younggunn113
03-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Why do people come up with these opinions and can't use actual information is beyond me. The Celtics are 23-5 against the West which is a 82% winning %.

Boston's overall winning % is 79.7% which means they have played worse against the East. No other team in the league has a 71% winning percentage against the west. It is fair to say the Celtics would be just as good in the west or even better which is shown by how they have a better record against them than they do against the east.

Theyll play games against the west with easier weaker eastern conference teams in between. Out west there is no off night, with and exception to, say Minn and Memphis and Seattle, every game is tough. The east has teams that are under .500 that will make the playoffs, the west will have a team that wins 50 games not make the playoffs. With the injuries Boston had with KG then Allen you believe they would have won the same amount of games, or more, in the west? Thats absurd.

JordansBulls
03-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Theyll play games against the west with easier weaker eastern conference teams in between. Out west there is no off night, with and exception to, say Minn and Memphis and Seattle, every game is tough. The east has teams that are under .500 that will make the playoffs, the west will have a team that wins 50 games not make the playoffs. With the injuries Boston had with KG then Allen you believe they would have won the same amount of games, or more, in the west? Thats absurd.

No it is not absurb. Houston won 22 in a row and half without Yao and they play out west.

The Celtics beat San Antonio one game without KG, the other game they didn't even have Ray Allen. Boston has lost to teams they shouldn't have. They lost to Charlotte I believe Twice and Washington twice.

_Supreme_
03-23-2008, 02:47 PM

You know how it is around here man.

Just accept the fact that a lot of these people are too ******** to whipe their own bu...... I mean live in their own little "reality" :D

younggunn113
03-23-2008, 02:50 PM
No it is not absurb. Houston won 22 in a row and half without Yao and they play out west.

The Celtics beat San Antonio one game without KG, the other game they didn't even have Ray Allen. Boston has lost to teams they shouldn't have. They lost to Charlotte I believe Twice and Washington twice.

Every team loses to teams they shouldnt lose to, but you gave two examples.
Houston is different because they were just ridulously hot at the time, look at them now..They've lost 3 out of 4 including losses by 20 and 21. It is unrealistic to HONESTLY believe they would be better out west than they are now in the east. Think about what you are saying. I hope Boston does make it to the finals, I hate Det, but I feel like the Spurs, Lakers and possibly Utah/NO are better than the Celts.

JordansBulls
03-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Houston is different because they were just ridulously hot at the time, look at them now..They've lost 3 out of 4 including losses by 20 and 21. It is unrealistic to HONESTLY believe they would be better out west than they are now in the east. Think about what you are saying. I hope Boston does make it to the finals, I hate Det, but I feel like the Spurs, Lakers and possibly Utah/NO are better than the Celts.

I don't think anyone one of those teams are as good. Only the Spurs play the same type of defense.

bostncelts34
03-23-2008, 03:56 PM
wow, most of u guys all have ur crazy opinions. but look at the numbers. The celtics are the #1 defensive team in the LEAGUE. 24-5 (i beleive) against the west. Saying that UTAH and NO might be better then the celts? crazyyyyyy.

Now, lakers fully healthy match up well against us. but no way in HELL NO does lol. and as someone previously stated, BOS has beat SA twice, one with Allen, one without KG. Boston IS the best team in the NBA. with detroit/lakers a close 2nd.

God of War
03-23-2008, 10:34 PM
that migh have been one of the worst post i have EVER read. NONE of those PF's even come close to KG with the exception of duncan. But KG brings it WAY more then duncan every night. I would HATE for you to be a gm of my hometown team, tkaing david west over KG. wow. just woowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

You still think KG is better than David West and Amare Stoudemire? Wanna reconsider?

papelbon58
03-23-2008, 11:09 PM
You still think KG is better than David West and Amare Stoudemire? Wanna reconsider?

kgs better than both. amare maybe eventually will be better than kg. but david west is no where close to kg. west is a great player, but not in kgs league

kylem4711
03-23-2008, 11:26 PM
they are.

only the laker myopics still say the lakers are the best. everyone else seems to agree that they are

AntiG
03-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Duncan
Amare
Boozer
Al Jefferson
Pau Gasol
Dirk
Rasheed Wallace
David West

The only guy on that list I'd take over Garnett is Duncan.

kylem4711
03-23-2008, 11:42 PM

uhh, no??

AntiG
03-23-2008, 11:43 PM
I can't figure out why the Celtics are a bad match up for the Lakers. PP and Allen were never known for their defense.
Pierce has never been acclaimed for his defense, but in actuality every year he is amongst the league leaders amongst SGs and SFs in steals and blocks, and watching Celtics games this year he's developed into one of the better man-to-man defenders in the league. Allen isn't too shabby either, but I wouldn't want him on the top scorer.

AntiG
03-23-2008, 11:48 PM

Celtics lead the NBA in every defensive category and are on pace to be the first team to finish #1 in every defensive category since the 1992-93 Knicks.

Also the 2003-04 Pistons allowed 94.5 ppg and are widely considered one of the greatest defenses ever. The years afterwards:
04-05 101.2,
05-06 103.1,
06-07 104.2,
this year 103.5.

This year's Celtics are allowing 99.0 ppg.

BTownTeamsRKing
03-23-2008, 11:51 PM

thats probably the dumbest question i have ever seen on psd.

throw KG on NO and they become almost unbeatable. put west on the Celtics and they lose at least 7 -10 more games this year.

KG = great midrand shot, unbeleivable passing, leadership, intensity like no other, and great defense with the ability to inspire others to play great defense.

Amare is only good with Nash. wat happened to him on team USA? he did nothing.

KG>>>>>>>>>>>west and stoudemire

papelbon58
03-24-2008, 12:18 AM
Duncan
Amare
Boozer
Al Jefferson
Pau Gasol
Dirk
Rasheed Wallace
David West

wow this post is absolutely ********. im not even gonna explain why cause 99% of nba fan will agree with me. duncan (and arguably amare, tho i dont think so) are the only players on this list that are better than kg.

Duncan>kg
Amare-close, but kgs better
Boozer-not close
Al Jefferson offense>kg offense, not close in every other aspect, making kg better
Pau Gasol-not close at all
Dirk -not close
Rasheed Wallace-not close
David West-not close

boston rocks
03-24-2008, 12:26 AM

then ur mentally reatrded.

sac_town_23
03-24-2008, 12:56 AM
on paper they are the best...and when they are clicking on all cylinders, they are certainly the best team in the NBA...

but, then again...thats just for the season.
Everyone starts out with a clean slate in the playoffs ala GSW-DAL last year.

JordansBulls
03-24-2008, 10:25 AM

Only big man better than KG is Duncan.

69centers
03-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Only big man better than KG is Duncan.

And that's debatable. KG is more athletic, for sure. There was recently a topic reviewed on ESPN about exactly this, and they say if you take away Duncan's 4 rings, and just compare them as individual players and judge them on just personal ability, that KG comes out on top. I agree.

Duncan's slower, and a little more methodical and calculating, with possibly the edge in b-ball instincts, but I think KG has the better athleticism and scoring ability. Duncan may have a slight edge in defense. Overall, I'd pick Garnett.

JordansBulls
03-24-2008, 01:57 PM
And that's debatable. KG is more athletic, for sure. There was recently a topic reviewed on ESPN about exactly this, and they say if you take away Duncan's 4 rings, and just compare them as individual players and judge them on just personal ability, that KG comes out on top. I agree.

Duncan's slower, and a little more methodical and calculating, with possibly the edge in b-ball instincts, but I think KG has the better athleticism and scoring ability. Duncan may have a slight edge in defense. Overall, I'd pick Garnett.

Numbers are very similar.

Tim Duncan's Numbers in the Playoffs
23.8 PPG / 12.5 RPG / 3.5 APG / 2.75 BPG / 0.67 SPG / 51% FG / 70% FT / 40 MPG

Kevin Garnett's Numbers in the Playoffs
22.3 PPG / 13.4 RPG / 5.0 APG / 1.87 BPG / 1.34 SPG / 46% FG / 76% FT / 43 MPG

REGULAR SEASON NUMBERS SINCE STARTING (excludes Garnett's rookie season)

TIM DUNCAN
21.8 PPG / 11.88 RPG / 3.17 APG / 2.47 BPG / 0.80 SPG / 50.9% FG / 68% FT / 25.2 PER

KEVIN GARNETT
21.5 PPG / 11.85 RPG / 4.72 APG / 1.71 BPG / 1.41 SPG / 49.1% FG / 78.1% FT / 23.8 PER

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/PER_year.html

Garnett even led in PER twice.

2004-05 NBA Kevin Garnett 28.20
2003-04 NBA Kevin Garnett 29.44

Excluding Garnett's rookie season this is how their PER factors and doing a query on just forwards this is how their PER factors and the numbers I got from above as well.

1. Tim Duncan 1998-2007 7.00 F 25.2
2. Kevin Garnett 1997-2007 6.11 F 24.4

However Tim Duncan's impact on the game is readily seen more.

Flash812
03-24-2008, 02:51 PM
kgs better than both. amare maybe eventually will be better than kg. but david west is no where close to kg. west is a great player, but not in kgs league

West proved he was in KG's league when they played each other. West dominated that game and it was not a fluke like the Boston announcers thought it was. D-West is quitely having a year almost exact as KG is having (more points, less boards) and he means just as much to his team than KG. Before you judge a player you need to watch them play a whole lot more, I doubt you have watched the hornets play 3 times this year.

Spurred1
03-24-2008, 02:56 PM
West proved he was in KG's league when they played each other. West dominated that game and it was not a fluke like the Boston announcers thought it was. D-West is quitely having a year almost exact as KG is having (more points, less boards) and he means just as much to his team than KG. Before you judge a player you need to watch them play a whole lot more, I doubt you have watched the hornets play 3 times this year.
I recall David West playing a pivotal role in beating the Spurs and embarrassing them in SA when they played a while back. I can't remember how he did in their last game, but the Hornets blew them out (again). Hornets are incredibly good-it all stems from Chris Paul. As long as he's healthy, the team will continue to be trouble for other teams. I don't think Finals are out of the question-maybe they'll play the Celtics.

JayW_1023
03-24-2008, 03:25 PM

Pretty iffy if you ask me.

Garnett isn't even the best low post scorer on his own team. That is Paul Pierce. He has a better face up game than Duncan but not by much. Meanwhile Duncan totally owns KG in low post scoring...and he makes a greater impact on offense because of his unselfishness and ability to score at will in the low post if not double teamed.

KG is flashier...Duncan is better.

BouGa
03-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Pretty iffy if you ask me.

Garnett isn't even the best low post scorer on his own team. That is Paul Pierce. He has a better face up game than Duncan but not by much. Meanwhile Duncan totally owns KG in low post scoring...and he makes a greater impact on offense because of his unselfishness and ability to score at will in the low post if not double teamed.

KG is flashier...Duncan is better.

Pierce isn't a low post scorer, wtf are you talking about. Pierce is easily the best offensive player on our team due to his driving abilities. KG doesen't do the same **** as Duncan down low, KG can post up on any1 and will get his shot off vs ANY1. He prefers the fade away shot rather than backing someone up and throwing it up off the backboard or a hook shot.

Its hard to compare the two, Duncan is working on his outside shot but KG clearly has the better outside game. Again if you take away the 4 rings its very hard to say KG isn't better.

Hes got great vision, hes the hardest working player in the NBA, and like i said before there isn't a player in the NBA who can block his turnaround jumper.

Ragun
03-24-2008, 04:48 PM
i think boston is the best.

SeoulBeatz
03-24-2008, 05:03 PM
from a PHILLY FAN....

Boston is THE BEST team in the NBA hands down.

They have proven it by beating everyteam that matters. You can't use the "oh they play in the east" excuse anymore because they just swept texas.

nuff said.

cmoneytakemoney
03-24-2008, 06:33 PM

Although I think the Lakers are a better team than the Suns are I totally agree with this statement. I don't think the Lakers match up well vs. the Celtics at all. Both times the Celtics played the Lakers they went right at Bynum early and got him into foul trouble. I believe he had 4 points one game and 6 the other. I know Gasol wasn't there but I think the Celtics defense would cause a lot of trouble for the Lakers if they met in the finals. The Suns match up well against the Celtics but in a 7 game series the Celtics would beat the Suns. The Celtics are like the Spurs. They keep teams under 100 points almost every night because of they're relentless defense. Unless a freak injury happens to Garnett or Pierce I think it will be tough to beat the Celtics in the playoffs.

dodger7
03-24-2008, 06:48 PM
from a PHILLY FAN....

Boston is THE BEST team in the NBA hands down.

They have proven it by beating everyteam that matters. You can't use the "oh they play in the east" excuse anymore because they just swept texas.

nuff said.

They didn't prove anything. They are having a great regular season, but so did the 2006-2007 Mavs. If they Win the Championship then they are the best team. Let's see what adjustments Doc can make in the playoffs. Coaching is going to factor into the playoffs, look at Detroit, Flip can't get them to the Finals, but Larry Brown won it with that team, and lost in the Finals with the same team. Why should we think Doc can get it done. If he can, that is great, but I would rather have the Spurs team with POP, or the Lakers team with Phil.

papelbon58
03-24-2008, 09:17 PM

1-thats one game!!!!
2-stats arent everything. defense, intensity, and winning are all also very important. def-kg. intensity-kg. winning-kg(i know the hornets have been great, but the celts do have the better record)
3-if thats the case that you have to see 3 games, then why the **** are you just arguing with me? im sure a lot of ppl on this forums havent seen a lot of teams play 3 times. (sry guys, not trying to throw you under the bus)

SeoulBeatz
03-24-2008, 10:14 PM
my sixers just beat the celtics

papelbon58
03-24-2008, 10:25 PM
my sixers just beat the celtics

good for them it was one game after a VERY exhausting road trip

gcoll
03-24-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm very intrigued by the PHX/BOS match up on Wednesday.

sixerz22
03-24-2008, 10:59 PM
yes i am a sixers fan....but you have to admit the sixers are one of the best teams in the league over the past 25 games. I believe the sixers will be a tough out it in the playoffs. i would definitley be scared to play the sixers first in the first round of playoffs.... And does anyone on here else agree that andre miller is SOO underrated among point guards. Where do you people believe and think he ranks among pointguards in the league this year.. MO is def top 5. arguably top 3!!

papelbon58
03-24-2008, 11:21 PM
yes i am a sixers fan....but you have to admit the sixers are one of the best teams in the league over the past 25 games. I believe the sixers will be a tough out it in the playoffs. i would definitley be scared to play the sixers first in the first round of playoffs.... And does anyone on here else agree that andre miller is SOO underrated among point guards. Where do you people believe and think he ranks among pointguards in the league this year.. MO is def top 5. arguably top 3!!

i agree they are hot, but even with the win over the celts tonight, i still dont think there good enough to be considered a threat in the playoffs. if they were in the west they prob wouldnt be in the playoff race. that being said they are very hot right now

Westbrook36
03-24-2008, 11:49 PM
i agree they are hot, but even with the win over the celts tonight, i still dont think there good enough to be considered a threat in the playoffs. if they were in the west they prob wouldnt be in the playoff race. that being said they are very hot right now

They wouldnt because they are so young..At this point i think they have a good chance to win in the 1st round maybe even in the 2nd round..They play great D..

SeoulBeatz
03-24-2008, 11:54 PM

well papelbon, im gonna have to disagree with u here, but i understand where u are coming from.

only a true sixers fan can see what this team is capable of.

We sucked at the beginning, plain and simple, hell, we were 16-30 at one point. But now we are 36 and 35. If you do the math, we are 20-5 in our last 25 games, giving us the 2nd best record in the NBA behind only the Rockets during that span, and yes, that is even better than ur Celtics (the best team in the NBA in my mind).

U say we would be terrible in the west, but during that stretch we have played these teams once and beaten them all: Spurs, Phoenix, Dallas, and Denver. So no, we don't get owned by western teams anymore, but many people still think still do.

Heck we even beat Detroit and ur Celtics on their home court during the stretch too. We are hot right now, but we are also a team with a lot of heart. We have come together and Andre Miller and Andre Iguodala are allstars over this stretch. To say they aren't would be plain ignorant of anyone.

We will be a threat in the playoffs.

We are not on the levels of Boston Detroit, or even Orlando.

But we have shown that we can beat any team on any given night.

So people can keep on hating, but everyday the Sixers find a way to prove the doubters wrong. We couldn't have done any more than we already have.

ThePhxHasRizen
03-25-2008, 04:34 PM
i can't figure out why you guys still think the celtics are the best team?

azmo13
03-25-2008, 08:18 PM

Wow. No comment... lol.:eyebrow:

As things stand today, sure the Celtics are the best. Once the Lakers are healthy, however, I think it will be difficult to say which team is better unless they play each other in the finals... Boston will definitely have an easier time getting there in the pathetic Eastern Conference, so even then it might not get sorted out if they play a close series...

Gettheball007
03-30-2008, 03:52 AM
LAKERS,LAKERS,BOSTON
Boston smells!

Cool Football RPG
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=972804

{º¿º}
03-30-2008, 05:44 AM

...same reason people thought the Mavs were the best last season. Simpleton logic. Best record = Best team.

AntiG
04-07-2008, 02:32 AM

anything else to say? :smoking:

BTownTeamsRKing
04-07-2008, 01:10 PM
hmmmm maybe ppl think that bc they have beaten every team and played through a lot of injuries and when focused this team is overwhelming defensively and has 3 Offensive stars that can score at will when their shot is falling.

maybe its the 61 wins or clinched home court or maybe beating detriot 2 out of 3, or sweeping houston, SA, and Dal.

idk those are some reasons

maybe its bc they got 12 players that all can contribute when needed.
maybe bc they are hungrier for a title. or maybe bc after losing to phx and NO on the road; they came home and beat both by 20.

idk maybe bc ppl have common sense and dont just hate for no reason?

enough reasons?

Go Celtics! bring another title home!! -work has just begun.

papelbon58
04-07-2008, 01:33 PM
hmmmm maybe ppl think that bc they have beaten every team and played through a lot of injuries and when focused this team is overwhelming defensively and has 3 Offensive stars that can score at will when their shot is falling.

maybe its the 61 wins or clinched home court or maybe beating detriot 2 out of 3, or sweeping houston, SA, and Dal.

idk those are some reasons

maybe its bc they got 12 players that all can contribute when needed.
maybe bc they are hungrier for a title. or maybe bc after losing to phx and NO on the road; they came home and beat both by 20.

idk maybe bc ppl have common sense and dont just hate for no reason?

enough reasons?

Go Celtics! bring another title home!! -work has just begun.

perfectly put! :clap:

OSO
04-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I think Boston is the best team. I hope they take it. It's gonna be hard to stop them. I want Garnett especially to get a ring. He's been on a terrible team until he landed in Beantown. I also got KG's rookie card...anyone know how much it is worth?

papelbon58
04-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I think Boston is the best team. I hope they take it. It's gonna be hard to stop them. I want Garnett especially to get a ring. He's been on a terrible team until he landed in Beantown. I also got KG's rookie card...anyone know how much it is worth?

idk but i would keep it for a while. good cards value only go up with time.

pacman16
04-07-2008, 03:06 PM
boston the best team right now .. lakers after
as for the philly talk .. there playing great but boston would sweep them in a series easily..
only team the 76'ers' could beat in playoffs are raps .. sad to say cuz im a huge raps fan an maybe magic

JordansBulls
07-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I think they proved it.

Sorry I had to bump this.

:D

Fireworld
07-23-2008, 07:06 PM
well, they are the champs. (for now)

bostncelts34
07-23-2008, 07:18 PM
haha. way to bring up the thread Jordansbulls lol.

Going to have ALOT of Lakers fan coming in here saying "no way, we didnt have bynum, we are the best" lol.

durqtitan
07-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Im a Lakers fan, but until the next finals these guys are the champs and that makes them the best

18colts29
07-23-2008, 09:52 PM

****team lol my bad

I belive they went 0-3 against Washington.

BADizzleBoY
07-23-2008, 09:52 PM
who cares, they are still better....

Dirty Dirk41
07-23-2008, 10:01 PM
I belive they went 0-3 against Washington.

and the wiz did what last season??

its funny 2 read what everyone was saying. They were and still are the best team. Cant wait for next season 2 get here.