PDA

View Full Version : Official Raptors Off-Topic Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ragun
03-18-2008, 10:36 PM
If you are going to go off topic, just talk it out here.
If there is no need, then feel free to delete.

ink
03-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks for starting this. Bob and I were talking about it and it might be a good idea to start one ...

Ragun
03-18-2008, 10:54 PM
lol okay cool...so...Leafs won today.

Bob_at_york
03-18-2008, 10:59 PM
And they are stupid for winning. They need to rebuild, they need a high draft pick.

nads83
03-18-2008, 11:02 PM
great game on. hou vs bos

ink
03-18-2008, 11:04 PM
lol okay cool...so...Leafs won today.

And they are stupid for winning. They need to rebuild, they need a high draft pick.

LOL. What about that bouncing goal on Toskala?

gbus
03-18-2008, 11:07 PM

Amen. Another wasted season the way they're going.

Bob_at_york
03-18-2008, 11:07 PM
LOL. What about that bouncing goal on Toskala?

if they put in Raycroft he probably would have let 4 of those in.

Bob_at_york
03-18-2008, 11:08 PM
great game on. hou vs bos

now that I am done watching Jericho, I am going to watch that game in the other room. Who you betting on?

nads83
03-18-2008, 11:13 PM
now that I am done watching Jericho, I am going to watch that game in the other room. Who you betting on?

the rocks. isnt everyone?

Musical Tempo
03-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Totally of topic

Did anyone hear the rumour of Pharrel making a beat and selling it to Nas for $2million dollar its suppose to be the best beat ever. I heard this rumour 2 years ago and for some random reason popped into my head anyone know what really happened and if it was a rumour or if it will be on Nas new album "******"

Ragun
03-18-2008, 11:18 PM
haha yeah i saw the toskala goal.

JermanJaysFan
03-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Amen. Another wasted season the way they're going.

Hell yeah. I've been preaching rebuild for a few years now.

JermanJaysFan
03-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Hey Ragun can we call you Goon?

ink
03-18-2008, 11:39 PM

No, call him sir! :D

JermanJaysFan
03-18-2008, 11:44 PM
No, call him sir! :D

Yes, sir! Oh, damn, looks like its your nickname now Ink :shrug:...

ink
03-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Yes, sir! Oh, damn, looks like its your nickname now Ink :shrug:...

No, Ragun deserves sir! ... or whatever he prefers. :D Thanks to him for the game thread today. I'm unbelievably busy at work.

JermanJaysFan
03-18-2008, 11:53 PM
No, Ragun deserves sir! ... or whatever he prefers. :D Thanks to him for the game thread today. I'm unbelievably busy at work.

Aye aye captain! There ya go, Ragun can be sir and you can be captain. And for future reference, if you ever need somebody to do game-thread duty, just give me a shout.

ink
03-18-2008, 11:56 PM
Aye aye captain! There ya go, Ragun can be sir and you can be captain. And for future reference, if you ever need somebody to do game-thread duty, just give me a shout.

LOL. Gladly. Good to see you in here. Start some threads sometime man. You know, the ones with stats and articles. ;)

Bramaca
03-18-2008, 11:56 PM

What do you do anyways? I remember you mentioning the film festival out there and how you had to go to it for work.

ink
03-18-2008, 11:58 PM
What do you do anyways? I remember you mentioning the film festival out there and how you had to go to it for work.

I work in new media, television and film.

JermanJaysFan
03-18-2008, 11:59 PM
LOL. Gladly. Good to see you in here. Start some threads sometime man. You know, the ones with stats and articles. ;)

Funny you should mention it...take a gander at your forum, captain.

ink
03-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Funny you should mention it...take a gander at your forum, captain.

You mean this? http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203688

:clap:

Ragun
03-19-2008, 12:03 AM

lol sure.

Ragun
03-19-2008, 12:05 AM

sweet dude!

JermanJaysFan
03-19-2008, 12:05 AM
You mean this? http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203688

:clap:
Yup. And before I posted that article, I spent a good bit staring at TJ's game logs, trying to find some correlation between TJ's points or minutes or FG attempts and Rapstors wins/losses, but gosh darnit I just couldnt see any pattern!

Bramaca
03-19-2008, 12:13 AM

Any notable tv shows or movies? Not trying to pry, just interested. If its too much info no problem.

ink
03-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Any notable tv shows or movies? Not trying to pry, just interested. If its too much info no problem.

All kinds of stuff. Just sent you a resume so you can hire me. :D

Bramaca
03-19-2008, 12:56 AM
All kinds of stuff. Just sent you a resume so you can hire me. :D

Great, I pay with beer though hope thats not a problem.

ink
03-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Great, I pay with beer though hope thats not a problem.

haha. Hired.

Ragun
03-19-2008, 08:12 AM
o wow i thought that he was going to actually hire you...until i read the last 2 posts.

Bob_at_york
03-19-2008, 10:00 AM
ink your job sounds cool but I am now curious if it is closer to my brother's job. My brother has done some stuff in that field.

Ragun
03-19-2008, 04:27 PM
im tired of the same threads in the Raptors forums...things keep getting repeated.

KJK
03-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Is there anyone else from Alberta here? I think ink is from B.C. if I'm not mistaken.

JermanJaysFan
03-19-2008, 04:40 PM
im tired of the same threads in the Raptors forums...things keep getting repeated.

I agree Sir Goon- that was happening in the Jays forum this offseason, so I steered clear of there for a while. Whenever I went in there, there was a new "Lineup Predicitons??" or "4/5 Starters????" thread...its not that bad in here though.

JermanJaysFan
03-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Is there anyone else from Alberta here? I think ink is from B.C. if I'm not mistaken.

I've been to Alberta...does that count?

Ragun
03-19-2008, 04:42 PM

yes he is. im from ontario

Ragun
03-19-2008, 04:42 PM
I agree Sir Goon- that was happening in the Jays forum this offseason, so I steered clear of there for a while. Whenever I went in there, there was a new "Lineup Predicitons??" or "4/5 Starters????" thread...its not that bad in here though.

yeah same here. ive been staying away from the Jays forum and a lot of the new Raptors Forum threads...they are just repeating.

Takahashi
03-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Oh boy, I've been having such a stressful week.

I have two critical papers due the same day next week. I've finished only one so far; however, it still needs to revising. First year university has been extremely unfavourable for me, but I guess everyone goes through the same thing.

To ink:

Hey, you mentioned that you work with new media and film. I was wondering if you have any knowledge in regards to intellectual montage, mise en scene, sequence analysis etc; which all of them are related to film.

JermanJaysFan
03-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Oh boy, I've been having such a stressful week.

I have two critical papers due the same day next week. I've finished only one so far; however, it still needs to revising. First year university has been extremely unfavourable for me, but I guess everyone goes through the same thing.

To ink:

Hey, you mentioned that you work with new media and film. I was wondering if you have any knowledge in regards to intellectual montage, mise en scene, sequence analysis etc; which all of them are related to film.

Where ya goin to school? I'm in grade 12 right now, and I'm biting my nails about next year...

Ragun
03-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Where ya goin to school? I'm in grade 12 right now, and I'm biting my nails about next year...

im grade 11 and im worried for the next 2 years.

Takahashi
03-19-2008, 10:45 PM

I go to York (because I can hold a fork!).

Yeah, I felt the same way as you did last year man; I know how it feels. Don't sweat it, though. You'll get through. Just make sure you stay on top of material and don't get too caught up planning for prom.

I also got accepted to U of T, but I didn't go cause I figured York would give me a better social life; which, in turn, would give me a better chance with chicks. Dumbest decision I've ever made in my life, but really, York is not a bad school. Just be prepared for the profs that are "unfair". Also, when you find something is unfair, don't be afraid to complain; however, whenever you decide to complain, do it in a VERY constructive manner! Another thing I can tell you is to NOT GET CAUGHT BEHIND READINGS! ESPECIALLY FOR PSYCHOLOGY! Really, it depends on course. For physics, I never do readings and I do okay on the tests. But for something like psychology (which is my major), if you get caught behind, you're seriously screwed.

Ask me more questions, if you want.

Note: York is ranked the second hottest school by playboy.

JermanJaysFan
03-19-2008, 10:50 PM
I go to York (because I can hold a fork!).

Yeah, I felt the same way as you did last year man; I know how it feels. Don't sweat it, though. You'll get through. Just make sure you stay on top of material and don't get too caught up planning for prom.

I also got accepted to U of T, but I didn't go cause I figured York would give me a better social life; which, in turn, would give me a better chance with chicks. Dumbest decision I've ever made in my life, but really, York is not a bad school. Just be prepared for the profs that are "unfair". Also, when you find something is unfair, don't be afraid to complain; however, whenever you decide to complain, do it in a VERY constructive manner! Another thing I can tell you is to NOT GET CAUGHT BEHIND READINGS! ESPECIALLY FOR PSYCHOLOGY! Really, it depends on course. For physics, I never do readings and I do okay on the tests. But for something like psychology (which is my major), if you get caught behind, you're seriously screwed.

Ask me more questions, if you want.

Note: York is ranked the second hottest school by playboy.
Damn, wish I would have known that before I applied. I am not too worried about being accepted- cuz I already am :). Waterloo, Guelph, Queens in that order. I have developed some IMO pretty good work habits in HS, so I think I will be ok. Just a little nerve wracking when you hear horror stories about profs and exams and **** like that.

Bob_at_york
03-19-2008, 10:51 PM
I have mentioned in some threads before here that I tore my ACL playing baseball last year. I haven't been working out enough, I prefer to got fit through organized sports, especially team sports. I need to start playing ball again but overall I have been doing well. My knee feels fine and I have been skiing with my brace.

Takahashi
03-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Damn, wish I would have known that before I applied. I am not too worried about being accepted- cuz I already am :). Waterloo, Guelph, Queens in that order. I have developed some IMO pretty good work habits in HS, so I think I will be ok. Just a little nerve wracking when you hear horror stories about profs and exams and **** like that.

You know what, don't let those stories scare you.

University is a big jump and a big challenge. A lot of people expect it to be a small step, but really, it's not. You have to adapt to the style they choose to teach you in. Every prof has a different style, and you have to know how he teaches as soon as possible! If the exam stories still scare you that much, you can try and obtain previous exams so you can at least get a general idea of what the exam expects of you.

Anyway, another thing I want to talk about is writing. In high school, they teach you that Intro-3 body paragraph-conclusion BS. Be prepared to forget all that. Every single department in University expects you to write a paper in a certain way.You'll figure this out as you go along.

Bob_at_york
03-19-2008, 11:15 PM
I did english at York. Parking was a *****.

ink
03-19-2008, 11:47 PM
To ink:

Grammar of film language. It's a way of breaking down a film whether you're a filmmaker or a student. Filmmaking can be unbelievably complex and expensive, so you break the scenes and acts into smaller, manageable units. Then every dept. of the film team breaks down what they need to do within each scene. That's just from a production p.o.v., but it relates to your question about mise en scene ... which really means "the way to do the scene". The director is the "metteur" en scene. I studied film, comparative lit. and aesthetic philosophy in university, so I can't help it. I think this way now. :speechless: lol.

JermanJaysFan
03-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Grammar of film language basically. It's a way of breaking down a film whether you're a filmmaker or a student. Filmmaking can be unbelievably complex and expensive, so you break the scenes and acts into smaller, manageable units. Then every dept. of the film team breaks down what they need to do within each scene. That's just from a production p.o.v., but it relates to your question about mise en scene ... which really means "the way to do the scene". The director is the "metteur" en scene. I studied film, comparative lit. and aesthetic philosophy in university, so I can't help it. I think this way now. :speechless: lol.

That must be depressing......:D. I am not so much one for the arts- I can't draw, I can't act and I can't sing or play an instrument. I stumbled my way through as few lines as I could in Grade 9 drama (sound and light crew, *****es), got the credit and grabbed a calculator for a highschool career in the maths and sciences.

Takahashi
03-20-2008, 12:05 AM
That must be depressing......:D. I am not so much one for the arts- I can't draw, I can't act and I can't sing or play an instrument. I stumbled my way through as few lines as I could in Grade 9 drama (sound and light crew, *****es), got the credit and grabbed a calculator for a highschool career in the maths and sciences.

It's too bad they don't teach you integration in high school...

ink
03-20-2008, 12:10 AM
[/B]

It's too bad they don't teach you integration in high school...

Why'd you ask the film question? Do you study film too?

Takahashi
03-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Why'd you ask the film question? Do you study film too?

Yes, I'm taking a film course for non-majors

Personally, I ****ING hate it. Worst...elective...I...have...ever...TAKEN..GRRR! Should've taken something more science related.

Anyway, I have to write a paper about a movie of my choice. The paper requires me to not only develop my own ideas, but I also have to apply the knowledge I learned throughout the year. Although I know what should be done in a sequence analysis, I really don't know how to approach it. How should I start? What are some key things to look out for? How would I know a film maker is using some kind of intellectual montage?

I've done some research by finding articles etc. and I received NOTHING that would help me do a sequence analysis. It's too late to change the movie I'm going to do since I have until next week, and on top of that, I have another paper due the same day; though I am done with that.

But I still have no idea how to do a sequence analysis.

ink
03-20-2008, 12:36 AM

Personally, I ****ING hate it. Worst...elective...I...have...ever...TAKEN..GRRR! Should've taken something more science related.

Anyway, I have to write a paper about a movie of my choice. The paper requires me to not only develop my own ideas, but I also have to apply the knowledge I learned throughout the year. Although I know what should be done in a sequence analysis, I really don't know how to approach it. How should I start? What are some key things to look out for? How would I know a film maker is using some kind of intellectual montage?

I've done some research by finding articles etc. and I received NOTHING that would help me do a sequence analysis. It's too late to change the movie I'm going to do since I have until next week, and on top of that, I have another paper due the same day; though I am done with that.

Do you mean sequence analysis as in critical analysis, or as in production analysis? Critical analysis is taking a sequence in a film that you like ... pick a movie, pick a scene you think is cool, then break down the shots. You could analyze symbolism, film techniques, scriptwriting, imagery, or you could analyze the acting, or you could analyze the lighting. All of those are conscious choices the filmmaker makes. You just need to pick the scene, break down the sequence and try to figure out what the choices were, and what you think they mean. "No Country for Old Men" has a ton of scenes that would be fun to break down. The Coen Brothers are amazing.

Here are a bunch of links from a quick google on "sequence analysis":

http://web.uvic.ca/geru/439/seq.html
http://web.uvic.ca/geru/487/sequenceanalysis.html

Looks like they go over the basics. Don't know how good they are. Hope they help.

This one has a decent looking worksheet that breaks it down a bit:

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/courses/gdavis/231/231s97/sequen.htm

ink
03-20-2008, 01:14 AM
That must be depressing......:D.

:) lol.

Ragun
03-20-2008, 08:11 AM
is ur job boring ink?

Bob_at_york
03-20-2008, 09:45 AM

I think I took the same course. I took some film courses as electives back when I was at York. I liked them. What movies did you study? Maybe that will help us see if it is the same course.

Bob_at_york
03-20-2008, 09:55 AM
is ur job boring ink?

I don't know about his, but I know mine is. That is why I am on here! The only fun I have at work is looking up your school marks. ;)

ink
03-20-2008, 10:02 AM
is ur job boring ink?

No, not boring at all, just really challenging. :)

JWalk126
03-20-2008, 10:16 AM
hello guys, whats up?

KJK
03-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Bob, did you have surgery on the knee?

Bob_at_york
03-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Bob, did you have surgery on the knee?

No, he said it wasn't needed. It wasn't a full tear and the doctor said that it can and is healing. But he said that I should wear the knee brace when playing sports but beyond that I should be alright. I really wish I wasn't mis-diagnosed when it originally happened. I tried playing baseball less than a week later with the tear and my leg was still a little bit swollen.

Takahashi
03-20-2008, 12:01 PM
To INK:

Thanks for those links. I've read them over. I now have a better idea of what to look for and I'm starting to develop some ideas. Unfortunately, I still have to somehow incorporate my sources into my paper.

To Bob_at_york:

Film 1401.

Some of the movies that we watched are: The Cabinet of Dr. Calagari, Bicycle Thieves, Tokyo Story, ChungKing express, and The Wizard of Oz.

Bob_at_york
03-20-2008, 12:12 PM
To Bob_at_york:

Film 1401.

Some of the movies that we watched are: The Cabinet of Dr. Calagari, Bicycle Thieves, Tokyo Story, ChungKing express, and The Wizard of Oz.
I definitely took that course, I remember the course #. Didn't watch any of those movies except for Wizard of Oz. I guess the course has changed a bit. What movie did you pick for your project?

JermanJaysFan
03-20-2008, 12:33 PM
I don't know about his, but I know mine is. That is why I am on here! The only fun I have at work is looking up your school marks. ;)

Huh??

On a related note, what do you do for a living Bob?

Bob_at_york
03-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Huh??

On a related note, what do you do for a living Bob?

I work at a school board.

Takahashi
03-20-2008, 12:54 PM
I definitely took that course, I remember the course #. Didn't watch any of those movies except for Wizard of Oz. I guess the course has changed a bit. What movie did you pick for your project?

The material and concepts he presents are almost the same every year, but the movies and examples he shows changes.

The movie I selected is titled Battle Royale - it's a Japanese film. Considering I'm a big weaboo, I chose this film.

Anyway, I find that Battle Royale represents the errors of communication between the youth and adults of today.

Bob_at_york
03-20-2008, 01:25 PM
The material and concepts he presents are almost the same every year, but the movies and examples he shows changes.

The movie I selected is titled Battle Royale - it's a Japanese film. Considering I'm a big weaboo, I chose this film.

Anyway, I find that Battle Royale represents the errors of communication between the youth and adults of today.

I have heard of the movie but never seen it. So do you need to take one scene from the movie?

JermanJaysFan
03-20-2008, 02:36 PM

Alright- now I understand the "looking up marks" thing.

ink
03-20-2008, 02:38 PM
To INK:

Thanks for those links. I've read them over. I now have a better idea of what to look for and I'm starting to develop some ideas. Unfortunately, I still have to somehow incorporate my sources into my paper.

No problem. Good luck with the paper!

Bob_at_york
03-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Alright- now I understand the "looking up marks" thing.

It was a joke, I wouldn't do that and hell I wouldn't be able to, I don't know his name. But I am curious if any of you guys filled out my survey "My School, My Voice"

Ragun
03-20-2008, 05:08 PM

nice...as what?

Ragun
03-20-2008, 05:09 PM
It was a joke, I wouldn't do that and hell I wouldn't be able to, I don't know his name. But I am curious if any of you guys filled out my survey "My School, My Voice"

never heard of it...maybe your idea sucked and the school board is like "Ew. This is crap." :P

More shats!
03-20-2008, 05:33 PM
What kind of stuff can we talk here.Because i just order some good old porn movies and i wanted to now if i can talk about them here.i HAVE NOT WATCH THEM BUT I CAN'T WAIT 2.

If i said something wrong please dont ban me

Bob_at_york
03-20-2008, 06:51 PM
never heard of it...maybe your idea sucked and the school board is like "Ew. This is crap." :P

not my idea, I take other people's ideas and make the a reality. And the survey I mentioned did happen. We sent 6400 out and I have already received over 2500 back. Only Gr. 10 and 12s completed the surveys and they did it in religion class.

Oh and More Shats... I don't think porn is a good topic for this thread. Sorry.

More shats!
03-20-2008, 07:09 PM
not my idea, I take other people's ideas and make the a reality. And the survey I mentioned did happen. We sent 6400 out and I have already received over 2500 back. Only Gr. 10 and 12s completed the surveys and they did it in religion class.

Oh and More Shats... I don't think porn is a good topic for this thread. Sorry.

DAM YOU BOB THEY ARE CLASSICS.

ink
03-20-2008, 08:25 PM
DAM YOU BOB THEY ARE CLASSICS.

Maybe Takahashi can do his sequence analysis on them! LOL.

Ragun
03-20-2008, 08:46 PM
lol...

Bob_at_york
03-20-2008, 11:19 PM
I was just reminded that KO is coaching in the the tourney. He is coaching for Arizona. His team is down right now.

JermanJaysFan
03-20-2008, 11:55 PM

I think I may have done this survey- but it definatly wasn't in any religion class (English over a month ago). I will describe it though and see if this seems right (I am in grade 12):

Our whole class went down to the computer and did some survey on the computer. They asked a bunch of questions, some random ones like "How many times do you cry per week", as well as stuff like "On a scale of 1-5, how bad is bullying in your school", "How ofter are you bullied per week", "How much stress do you feel at school", and a whole bunch of other random questions. Is this your survey Bob?

WaterBoy24
03-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Don't be suprised if LA clippers dangle there first round pick this Draft...
Toronto would be very intrested...maybe Tj Ford for First Round pick...
U clear some cap,but in exchange u get first round player....Rumours around the Association is that they are really high on SF...Danilo Gallinari...Remember Rumours...not fact...

Bob_at_york
03-21-2008, 10:57 AM
I think I may have done this survey- but it definatly wasn't in any religion class (English over a month ago). I will describe it though and see if this seems right (I am in grade 12):

Our whole class went down to the computer and did some survey on the computer. They asked a bunch of questions, some random ones like "How many times do you cry per week", as well as stuff like "On a scale of 1-5, how bad is bullying in your school", "How ofter are you bullied per week", "How much stress do you feel at school", and a whole bunch of other random questions. Is this your survey Bob?

that actually sounds like it. Did you leave any comments on the last page?

Bob_at_york
03-21-2008, 11:08 AM
U clear some cap,but in exchange u get first round player....Rumours around the Association is that they are really high on SF...Danilo Gallinari...Remember Rumours...not fact...

They have the rights to Livingston and they still have Knight under contract for next season. Also the salaries don't match. Neither one of us has a trade exception to get this deal done.

JermanJaysFan
03-21-2008, 11:09 AM
that actually sounds like it. Did you leave any comments on the last page?

I think I might have...there was a section like "suggestions for your school" or something like that.

Bob_at_york
03-21-2008, 11:32 AM
I think I might have...there was a section like "suggestions for your school" or something like that.

tons of people drew pictures and crap. I want to strangle them.

Musical Tempo
03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Dont you hate it when records are broken on Toronto..

Lebron being cavs all time scorer and Kobe 81 wasnt the most points but still a record of some sort

Bob_at_york
03-22-2008, 12:23 AM

Lebron being cavs all time scorer and Kobe 81 wasnt the most points but still a record of some sort

a see a big difference between the two events.

Musical Tempo
03-22-2008, 12:50 AM
a see a big difference between the two events.

Oh they are diffenetly different events I just hate seeing Raptors be the team which records are broke on. I dont know if you watch top 100 NBA highlights by best damn sports sport shoe..half the highilhgt were on the raptors atleast 60% really sucked lol.
Whenever I watch it VC bring us back being on 4 of the top 10.:P

Bob_at_york
03-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Oh they are diffenetly different events I just hate seeing Raptors be the team which records are broke on. I dont know if you watch top 100 NBA highlights by best damn sports sport shoe..half the highilhgt were on the raptors atleast 60% really sucked lol.
Whenever I watch it VC bring us back being on 4 of the top 10.:P

but like I said they are different events. The Kobe thing is something the Raptors should feel great shame over, Lebron reaching a milestone, it is just a fluke that it happened against us. Hell I think we set some records on wednesday against Miami, there is a positive record book thing.

Dragan
03-22-2008, 03:21 AM

I dont think that we can trade ford and only get a pick in return. unless im wrong. which i dont think i am /

Dragan
03-22-2008, 03:25 AM

I also was thinking about that. But you know what comes arround goes arround, on wensday we just embaresed Miami. So these thingsa re bound to happen. But they still hurt like a MOTHER FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Musical Tempo
03-22-2008, 04:14 AM
I dont think that we can trade ford and only get a pick in return. unless im wrong. which i dont think i am /

His injury doesnt increase his stock and his hyper playoff late doesnt help either however the fact taht every team he has been on has been a playoff team helps a **** load so Im guessing we can get a little more then just a move up the lottery pick ladder.

I also was thinking about that. But you know what comes arround goes arround, on wensday we just embaresed Miami. So these thingsa re bound to happen. But they still hurt like a MOTHER FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Yeah good point. I didnt think of the Miami game I was too depressed thinking why couldnt we have a Lebron:P....I just want to be at one of these games once in my life.

the red dragon
03-22-2008, 04:30 AM
KWESRO if your reading i like your blue jays/oozie logo icon could you send a bigger version

pebloemer
03-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Saw this in the general NBA forum, and I just thought it was so good I would post it here for the Raptors forum.

Isiah Thomas on the Eastern Conference

“Honestly, I think the East is tougher than the West this season,” Thomas deadpanned.

“Look at the standings,” he added. “There are four teams in the West that have twenty wins or fewer. Meanwhile, the East has just two teams that are that bad. The level of basketball being playing east of the Mississippi is clearly better.”

Shocked at his comment, the only response I could muster was that his Knicks happened to be one of the two teams that have less than twenty wins in the East

“That’s just a result of playing in this conference,” Isiah fired back. “Boston and Detroit have the two best records in the entire League. Having to play them often has really hurt our record this season. If you put us [the Knicks] in the West, we’re definitely among the best teams.”

All I have to say is. . . lol.

Bramaca
03-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Saw this in the general NBA forum, and I just thought it was so good I would post it here for the Raptors forum.

“Honestly, I think the East is tougher than the West this season,” Thomas deadpanned.

“Look at the standings,” he added. “There are four teams in the West that have twenty wins or fewer. Meanwhile, the East has just two teams that are that bad. The level of basketball being playing east of the Mississippi is clearly better.”

Shocked at his comment, the only response I could muster was that his Knicks happened to be one of the two teams that have less than twenty wins in the East

“That’s just a result of playing in this conference,” Isiah fired back. “Boston and Detroit have the two best records in the entire League. Having to play them often has really hurt our record this season. If you put us [the Knicks] in the West, we’re definitely among the best teams.”

Isiah is clutching at any excuse he can for the team he put together. That situation has moved beyond sad, its time to put Thomas out of his misery.

gbus
03-22-2008, 01:08 PM
http://******.com/src_feature/1172/20080310/isiah_east_is_a_beast/

It's satirical fiction boys lol.

Bramaca
03-22-2008, 03:10 PM
http://******.com/src_feature/1172/20080310/isiah_east_is_a_beast/

It's satirical fiction boys lol.

He didn't have a link so I went with it, but it almost sounds like something that Isiah would say. So it wasn't as unbeleivable as most of their other stories.

Musical Tempo
03-22-2008, 03:13 PM

Thomas has officially lost his marbles, I agree Boston and Detroit are hard teams to play but he shouldn’t even have an excuse. He should resign and do it in a classy way because more then likely his chance of obtaining a career in the NBA is done. I feel sorry if his kids if they ever try to go NBA they will be hated on for life.

Bob_at_york
03-22-2008, 06:54 PM
it is a fake article, he didn't honestly say that.

ink
03-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Guys, I may be off for a bit. I had a bad crash skiing today and had a concussion. I'm suffering from memory loss and apparently I've been asking my family the same questions over and over. I crashed on Grouse Mountain and don't remember anything, just waking up in the hospital. The did CT scans and the whole thing because I was right out after a fall. I'm home now, but feeling pretty bashed up and I don't know what it'll be like tomorrow. And I've got really important work coming up next week, so I might miss that too. It may not be that bad, but right now I just need to take it slow.

Ragun
03-23-2008, 02:56 AM
Guys, I may be off for a bit. I had a bad crash skiing today and had a concussion. I'm suffering from memory loss and apparently I've been asking my family the same questions over and over. I crashed on Grouse Mountain and don't remember anything, just waking up in the hospital. The did CT scans and the whole thing because I was right out after a fall. I'm home now, but feeling pretty bashed up and I don't know what it'll be like tomorrow. And I've got really important work coming up next week, so I might miss that too. It may not be that bad, but right now I just need to take it slow.

****...hope you feel better bro. god bless.

ink
03-23-2008, 02:39 PM
****...hope you feel better bro. god bless.

Thanks Ragun. I'm very shaky today but I'm able to remember things agani. I have to admit this was a really scary experience. All I can say is wear a helmet! I will be from now on. I tend to ski really fast and yesterday I hit a kicker and the angle of the jump was steeper than I had judged. I went over my tips and landed on my face and ragdolled down the run with my gear flying off in all directions. I was out cold for only a minute or so and then I put on my stuff and skied out to the bottom of the run. Then I just started repeating myself, asking questions over and over and my friends knew there was something seriously wrong. They called the ski medics over and in no time (I'm told) they were strapping me to a stabilizing board and hauling me off the mountain by grooming tractor, then down the mountain gondola, then by ambulance. Apparently I was completely coherent, but couldn't remember that I had just asked/said exactly the same thing. One of my friends told me today that I asked what happened at least 100 times. It was a freaking weird experience and put a lot of things in perspective for me. I was so scared that my mind wouldn't work again. Brain injuries ...

JermanJaysFan
03-23-2008, 02:42 PM
^^^Glad to hear you're doing a bit better. That must be/have been pretty scary

Bramaca
03-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks Ragun. I'm very shaky today but I'm able to remember things agani. I have to admit this was a really scary experience. All I can say is wear a helmet! I will be from now on. I tend to ski really fast and yesterday I hit a kicker and the angle of the jump was steeper than I had judged. I went over my tips and landed on my face and ragdolled down the run with my gear flying off in all directions. I was out cold for only a minute or so and then I put on my stuff and skied out to the bottom of the run. Then I just started repeating myself, asking questions over and over and my friends knew there was something seriously wrong. They called the ski medics over and in no time (I'm told) they were strapping me to a stabilizing board and hauling me off the mountain by grooming tractor, then down the mountain gondola, then by ambulance. Apparently I was completely coherent, but couldn't remember that I had just asked/said exactly the same thing. One of my friends told me today that I asked what happened at least 100 times. It was a freaking weird experience and put a lot of things in perspective for me. I was so scared that my mind wouldn't work again. Brain injuries ...

Hope you get better soon and take it easy. Maybe you should give cross-country skiing a shot.

Bob_at_york
03-23-2008, 08:56 PM
I tend to ski really fast and yesterday I hit a kicker and the angle of the jump was steeper than I had judged. I went over my tips and landed on my face and ragdolled down the run with my gear flying off in all directions....
Up until this point, this story sounds like the same thing that happened to my friend a couple of years back. I was laughing my *** off as I picked up his equipment and skied down to him.

I was out cold for only a minute or so and then I put on my stuff and skied out to the bottom of the run. Then I just started repeating myself, asking questions over and over and my friends knew there was something seriously wrong....
Once I got down to my friend the same sortof thing happened. He was awake so he wasn't out more than 10 seconds or something. But when I got to him he asked "Where are we?" and was laughing. I told him I didn't know the name of the hill. He was bleeding from a cut to his forehead. He went to touch it and we told him not to because he was bleeding, he responded "I'm bleeding?" Then he asked me "Where are we?" again. This annoyed me but I answered the question again but then he tried to touch his forehead again and we repeated the above sequence. The guy was giggling during most of this. I finally grabbed him and said, "Jim, seriously, do you not know where you are because if you don't then we got a problem." He giggled and then said "No seriously, where are we?" We flagged a lift operator and they took him to the ski patrol. My friend doesn't remember any of this.

They called the ski medics over and in no time (I'm told) they were strapping me to a stabilizing board and hauling me off the mountain by grooming tractor, then down the mountain gondola, then by ambulance. Apparently I was completely coherent, but couldn't remember that I had just asked/said exactly the same thing. One of my friends told me today that I asked what happened at least 100 times. It was a freaking weird experience and put a lot of things in perspective for me. I was so scared that my mind wouldn't work again. Brain injuries ...
He says his memories start when the ski patroler was questioning him. They decided he had a concussion and needed to go to the hospital. They told me to take him immediately (note to others, this is WRONG, they should have called for an ambulance). I did and after a couple of hours the doctors said he was alright to go home but his Mom needed to wake him up every couple of hours. Now for the reason I told this story, my buddy was alright after a couple of days, I think he only missed one day of work. ink i hope you have the same good fortune but as similar as the stories were yours sounds more serious so it might be a couple more days.

Bob_at_york
03-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Hope you get better soon and take it easy. Maybe you should give cross-country skiing a shot.
x-country skiing is all my friend will do at this point but ink gives some good advice in his above post, wear a helmet guys. As stupid as you might think you look, I am seeing more and more people wearing them every day. Also really in the end, you just need to know your limits too. ink misjudged the jump but overall whenever I take somebody skiing I judge their abilities all day and make sure I don't lead them down tough hills. When my friend fell he was also going off a jump. He had fallen the run before the accident, I thought he was going to go slower off the jump a 2nd time but the idiot did not.

LittleBosh
03-23-2008, 09:24 PM

OMG, just came across this. I wish you a speedy recovery, just take everything easy and try not to stress your brain. You need a lot of rest both physically and mentally for quite some time, then with time any damage should pass. Hope you have somebody supportive by your side.

gbus
03-23-2008, 09:33 PM
OMG, just came across this. I wish you a speedy recovery, just take everything easy and try not to stress your brain. You need a lot of rest both physically and mentally for quite some time, then with time any damage should pass. Hope you have somebody supportive by your side.

lol you know what the funny thing is, he's made some posts today and he came across as intelligent as he always does. Regardless, get better buddy (ink), us knuckleheads need you keeping us in line. :)

JermanJaysFan
03-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Up until this point, this story sounds like the same thing that happened to my friend a couple of years back. I was laughing my *** off as I picked up his equipment and skied down to him.

Once I got down to my friend the same sortof thing happened. He was awake so he wasn't out more than 10 seconds or something. But when I got to him he asked "Where are we?" and was laughing. I told him I didn't know the name of the hill. He was bleeding from a cut to his forehead. He went to touch it and we told him not to because he was bleeding, he responded "I'm bleeding?" Then he asked me "Where are we?" again. This annoyed me but I answered the question again but then he tried to touch his forehead again and we repeated the above sequence. The guy was giggling during most of this. I finally grabbed him and said, "Jim, seriously, do you not know where you are because if you don't then we got a problem." He giggled and then said "No seriously, where are we?" We flagged a lift operator and they took him to the ski patrol. My friend doesn't remember any of this.

He says his memories start when the ski patroler was questioning him. They decided he had a concussion and needed to go to the hospital. They told me to take him immediately (note to others, this is WRONG, they should have called for an ambulance). I did and after a couple of hours the doctors said he was alright to go home but his Mom needed to wake him up every couple of hours. Now for the reason I told this story, my buddy was alright after a couple of days, I think he only missed one day of work. ink i hope you have the same good fortune but as similar as the stories were yours sounds more serious so it might be a couple more days.

Head injuries are disgusting. It is amazing that both of these guys- (Ink, Bob's friend) are OK.

Ragun
03-23-2008, 10:29 PM

ouch. i went skiing a few times and my worst injury i got was in grade 7 or 8 when i was skiing down a hill pretty fast and a girl cut infront of me and i was like o **** cause i was gaining up on her so i turned left really fast and i forgot there was a fence there and i was like ****! so then i was heading towards the fence so i tried to fall on purpose but i held the ski pole right under my chin when i fell so i basically got the stone cold stunner by the ski pole. i was out for like 5 seconds. i got up and walked off. my right jaw was bruised up and i had a huge bump on my jaw area. ever since then i can crack my jaw. it was horrible. i had a huge head ache that time.

another time i went skiing it was night and the snow was melting and i was going down some hill but i didnt realize there was a WET pond in the middle of the track so i accidently went through and tripped up nice (like how ink fell) and i was wet. we were racing but yeah those 2 things were terrible experiences but i like skiing its cool and im brown haha.

ink
03-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks everyone for the good words. I woke up this morning after sleeping through the night and not taking any of the painkillers. So they wore off and I can feel all the other things that are hurting. Wow. I feel like I was in a car accident, whole body is tender, especially my knee, my ribs and neck. Funny thing is I've worked as a pro skier (ski coach/instructor) for years. It's the thing I'm best at. This was just a weird angle to the jump and I had a brutal wipeout. Shows that it can happen to anyone. Just like Bob agreed, wear a HELMET, whether you're an expert or not. You guys have no idea how scary it can be when your brain doesn't work. I literally would ask "what happened? Did anyone see it?" And my friend would answer. As soon as she finished, I would ask "what happened? Did anyone see it?" I was doing that over and over and everyone was getting worried. They thought I was just kidding them. The weird thing is that each time I talked I was completely lucid ... I just couldn't remember anything. Really weird experience. Funny thing is, I have this strong desire to go skiing again soon because I just got a deal on these amazing Volkl skis. Oh yeah, Bramaca ... I do cross-country ski :D but I can't get enough speed on those ...

ink
03-24-2008, 11:16 AM
ouch. i went skiing a few times and my worst injury i got was in grade 7 or 8 when i was skiing down a hill pretty fast and a girl cut infront of me and i was like o **** cause i was gaining up on her so i turned left really fast and i forgot there was a fence there and i was like ****! so then i was heading towards the fence so i tried to fall on purpose but i held the ski pole right under my chin when i fell so i basically got the stone cold stunner by the ski pole. i was out for like 5 seconds. i got up and walked off. my right jaw was bruised up and i had a huge bump on my jaw area. ever since then i can crack my jaw. it was horrible. i had a huge head ache that time.

That sounds nasty Ragun.

JermanJaysFan
03-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I have never lost consciousness (besides sleeping)- never fainted, been knocked out, concussed etc. There have been times, though, where I have been on the brink and have managed to kind of "hold it off".

ink
03-24-2008, 11:25 AM

You pretty much saw what my friends saw except I went from lying face down, limp on the snow to getting up and putting my skis on and skiing down the rest of the way. My nose was bleeding from the impact and they told me and I was really surprised about that because I didn't even remember falling. Then, like you say happened with your friend, I just started saying the same things over and over again. That slowed down in the hospital about 6 or 7 hours later, when I started to remember a bit better.

ink i hope you have the same good fortune but as similar as the stories were yours sounds more serious so it might be a couple more days.

Thanks. I sent notes to work and they already said take as much time as I need. We've postponed my working trip. Don't know how long. We'll see day to day.

ink
03-24-2008, 11:29 AM
lol you know what the funny thing is, he's made some posts today and he came across as intelligent as he always does. Regardless, get better buddy (ink), us knuckleheads need you keeping us in line. :)

:) Thanks. I'll be better in a few days I think.

Bob_at_york
03-24-2008, 11:43 AM
You pretty much saw what my friends saw except I went from lying face down, limp on the snow to getting up and putting my skis on and skiing down the rest of the way.
I guess you are tougher than my friend. Popping back up and skiing down the hill after that. But I also am curious, did you guys have any "spotters"? The jump sounds pretty big and my brother (who does a lot of jumping) usually has a spotter.

ink
03-24-2008, 11:53 AM
I guess you are tougher than my friend. Popping back up and skiing down the hill after that. But I also am curious, did you guys have any "spotters"? The jump sounds pretty big and my brother (who does a lot of jumping) usually has a spotter.

The jump was a natural jump just at the point where two trails merged and you can see the oncoming traffic from the other run. All you do is get air, it wasn't in a jump park or anything. But over the last few weeks, the jump has been changing because of the weather, and what used to be a jump to get air off of turned into a kicker type jump with a steeper run-up than I was expecting. Since I hadn't taken that one for a while, I misjudged it and I had too much speed. [edit in: I'm going from what my friends told me since I can't quite remember that part]. You're right about jump park jumps though .... it's a good idea to have spotters.

And the skiing down part is kind of funny because I didn't even realize I had fallen. I put my skis back on and didn't even remember doing that. I seriously wasn't remembering anything that just happened. Then when I got to the bottom they told me my nose was bleeding and I guess I understood enough to let them call a medic. Even then I wouldn't lie still on the stretcher. Apparently they kept telling me to lie still and I kept sitting up. So they stabilized me completely with straps so I wouldn't risk more injury.

Bob_at_york
03-24-2008, 12:07 PM
The jump was a natural jump just at the point where two trails merged and you can see the oncoming traffic from the other run. All you do is get air, it wasn't in a jump park or anything. But over the last few weeks, the jump has been changing because of the weather, and what used to be a jump to get air off of turned into a steep kicker type jump. Since I hadn't taken that one for a while, I misjudged it and I had too much speed. You're right about jump park jumps though .... it's a good idea to have spotters.

definitely a smaller jump than I originally thought. My friend went off a box jump.

ink
03-24-2008, 12:13 PM
definitely a smaller jump than I originally thought. My friend went off a box jump.

Ha. No it wasn't like that. The thing is that the run drops away below the jump so normally you get lots of air. It's more of a speed jump where you fly a long way if you take it right. That's why I ragdolled down the run.

Bramaca
03-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Oh yeah, Bramaca ... I do cross-country ski :D but I can't get enough speed on those ...

Obviously you have never done it behind a skidoo with a tow rope. Plenty of speed but a lot better with a snowboard.

Ragun
03-24-2008, 12:46 PM

another time i went skiing it was night and the snow was melting and i was going down some hill but i didnt realize there was a WET pond in the middle of the track so i accidently went through and tripped up nice (like how ink fell) and i was wet. we were racing but yeah those 2 things were terrible experiences but i like skiing its cool and im brown haha.
o yeah and the metal pole that i got stunnered by bent in half.

ink
03-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Obviously you have never done it behind a skidoo with a tow rope. Plenty of speed but a lot better with a snowboard.

lol. Never with Xcountry skis, but I've done it behind a skidoo on downhill skis. It was great. Also I tried kite skiing on the Bay of Quinte (near Belleville, Ont) once on downhill skis. It was a rush. Very fast. The wind blows up really strong there and you put up the kite (parasail) and just ski behind it. It's great going one way, but it takes a lot longer to tack back (just like in a sailboat) to get home again. I love anything to do with snow and speed. :D

gbus
03-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I have never lost consciousness (besides sleeping)- never fainted, been knocked out, concussed etc. There have been times, though, where I have been on the brink and have managed to kind of "hold it off".

I was apparantly concussed as a baby falling through my grandmother's dirty old high chair LOL. You know when people think you said something stupid and they ask if u were dropped on your head as a kid? Well i was, remember that fellas hahahah. I've haven't been concussed since though, never broken a bone, only puleld muscles, and i played alot of sports as a kid.

JermanJaysFan
03-24-2008, 02:08 PM
I was apparantly concussed as a baby falling through my grandmother's dirty old high chair LOL. You know when people think you said something stupid and they ask if u were dropped on your head as a kid? Well i was, remember that fellas hahahah. I've haven't been concussed since though, never broken a bone, only puleld muscles, and i played alot of sports as a kid.

Haha thats funny. Yeah, same here for broken bones. I have sprained ankles and pulled a hammy, but thats about it.

I feel like typing out one of the times that I was talking about in that post, where I managed to "hold off" losing consciousness, so here we go.

When I was like 14, I was out in a field with a manure spreader (for you city slickers, that is one of these (http://www.switzerauction.ca/S_Apr_26/(27C)IH580ManureSpreader03.JPG)). I was driving along spreading rotting corn husks, when the spreader plugged up at the back. So I shut the tractor off, go back there and start pulling out the jammed corn husks by hand (if you look at the pic I posted, you see that there are two rows of beaters- the jam in this case was right in the space betwen the two beaters). So as I am pulling this stuff out, I am leaning in pretty far between the two rows of beaters. When I thought I had pulled enough out, I stood straight up, forgetting that there was another row of beaters above my head. Now almost getting knocked out by hitting my head off something may seem stupid, but when you take an immovable iron claw to the back of the head, your brain's instinct is to shut stuff down.
So here I am in the middle of the field grabbing the back of my head. My vision is going black, thoughts going fuzzy etc. I was starting to lose my balance too, and I was like "Oh, ****. I am gonna pass out in the middle of this field" I had been working by myself that whole day, so no one was expecting me for a while. I guess it wouldn't have been too bad if I would have passed out out there for a while, but I was just like "This can't happen now", so I grabbed the side of the spreader and just fought to stay conscious. I did, and went back to work, no harm done.

And that is how I conquered losing consciousness, lol. I think that was the closest I have ever come to blacking out.

Bramaca
03-24-2008, 03:17 PM
^^^ So where are you originally from, if you're a farm boy you obviously didn't grow up in Toronto.

JermanJaysFan
03-24-2008, 03:26 PM
^^^ So where are you originally from, if you're a farm boy you obviously didn't grow up in Toronto.

Ya, my "Location" is a bit of a lie- I live about 45 minutes out of TO.

WaterBoy24
03-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Well how about that philedelphia beat the celtics...now were ofically in 7th spot...yikes.........

Ragun
03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Philly is starting to scare me...Andre Miller has been amazing.

KJK
03-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Just read back about your accident, ink. I've had two concussions in my life where I was unconscious and had to go to the hospital. That's definitely a scary feeling. Hope you're feeling better today.

Ragun
03-25-2008, 11:30 PM
u get headaches a lot?

KJK
03-26-2008, 11:39 AM
I hadn't up until about two years ago. Now they're becoming more common. I find that going to the chiropractor actually helps though.

Takahashi
03-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Just handed in 2 papers on Tuesday.
Physics test on Friday.
Examination period from April 2nd - April 25th (my last exam)

How's everyone?

Ragun
03-27-2008, 12:21 AM
good dude after raps game. wazup with ye?

Bob_at_york
03-27-2008, 07:20 AM
going to high school today to help administer the OSSLT. If any of you are taking it then good luck!

JermanJaysFan
03-27-2008, 09:16 AM
going to high school today to help administer the OSSLT. If any of you are taking it then good luck!

I am so happy that it is today- get the morning off!!

Ragun
03-27-2008, 09:44 AM

what high school you going too? i wrote it last year. probably the easiest test i have ever written.

Ragun
03-27-2008, 09:45 AM
I am so happy that it is today- get the morning off!!

same yo!

JermanJaysFan
03-27-2008, 09:46 AM
same yo!
:hi5:

Ragun
03-27-2008, 10:09 AM
you going back to school for the second half? i got to leave home at 1 and then come back at 3:30. i cant miss school because of Bio.

JermanJaysFan
03-27-2008, 10:20 AM
you going back to school for the second half? i got to leave home at 1 and then come back at 3:30. i cant miss school because of Bio.

I think I am becuase I have to finish a chemistry lab...I have a spare right after luch though so I only have to be there from 2:15 until 3:30 lol.

Bob_at_york
03-27-2008, 12:51 PM
what high school you going too? i wrote it last year. probably the easiest test i have ever written.

I went to a school you would love: St. Joseph's Morrow Park, an all-girls school. But I am back in the office now.

Ragun
03-27-2008, 04:18 PM
did u meet anyone bob? ;)

Takahashi
03-27-2008, 07:36 PM
I went to a school you would love: St. Joseph's Morrow Park, an all-girls school. But I am back in the office now.

MMMMMM Asian girls in that school.

My ex and other girls I flirted around with went there. Bad experiences; however, there are still a TON of hot girls.

Bob_at_york
03-27-2008, 08:11 PM
did u meet anyone bob? ;)

There was this hot teacher but I saw a ring on her finger.

Ragun
03-27-2008, 08:54 PM
dang. nice try bob. any brown girls? :D

Bob_at_york
03-27-2008, 08:56 PM
dang. nice try bob. any brown girls? :D

I didn't know I was suppose to be scouting for you. i can tell you that we had 4 girls in our class, three were brown.

Bob_at_york
03-28-2008, 01:44 PM
so ink, how you doing? How you feeling?

ink
03-28-2008, 01:50 PM
so ink, how you doing? How you feeling?

Thanks for asking. Bashed up. No broken bones, but really bad in the ribs and back area. I thought I'd feel better by now even though my doctor, who I saw yesterday, said I was doing really well considering. I sleep a lot to try to get better as fast as I can. But I'm feeling waaaaaaaaay better than I was feeling on the weekend ... and a lot clearer.

Oh yeah, the bad news ... helmet or not, my doctor advised me not to ski again this year. I could still have a second concussion. My brand new skis (http://www.voelkl.com/index.cfm/EN/98/151#1/EN/98/149) will have to sit and wait until next fall ... :(

pebloemer
03-28-2008, 02:14 PM
I just wanted to say off topic that I have been on these forums for just 3 months or so (maybe less) and I am very much enjoying the depth of discussion here. I sometimes feel annoyed watching games at home because of a lack of interest from my friends. It is always hockey discussions, the same old leafs suck stuff. As a basketball fan, the Raptors won me over about 6-7 years ago and I haven't looked back to hockey. It is nice to have other passionate people, in particular ones who know what their talking about and can bash my opinions in an equally valuable way on these forums. So this is just a testament to everyone on these forums. I went through the forums on raptors.com for a bit too, but these ones have proved better because of the people and the varying viewpoints. So anyways, thanks.

ink
03-28-2008, 04:07 PM
I just wanted to say off topic that I have been on these forums for just 3 months or so (maybe less) and I am very much enjoying the depth of discussion here. I sometimes feel annoyed watching games at home because of a lack of interest from my friends. It is always hockey discussions, the same old leafs suck stuff. As a basketball fan, the Raptors won me over about 6-7 years ago and I haven't looked back to hockey. It is nice to have other passionate people, in particular ones who know what their talking about and can bash my opinions in an equally valuable way on these forums. So this is just a testament to everyone on these forums. I went through the forums on raptors.com for a bit too, but these ones have proved better because of the people and the varying viewpoints. So anyways, thanks.

Great to see you in here, and I like the posts you've been making. A lot of good points.

----

I was thinking just now (when I mistakenly thought B2B had translated that Spanish article on Jose) that I had wondered what different languages were spoken by Raptors members. I bet there are a lot ... French and English for starters, and I bet there are some Asian and South Asian languages too.

What languages do you speak?

JermanJaysFan
03-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Great to see you in here, and I like the posts you've been making. A lot of good points.

----

What languages do you speak?

English and fairly fluent French, and I can make out a bit of Spanish.

I think Musical Tempo speaks like Croatian or something like that.

Kc17
03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Could i do the next game thread?

Ragun
04-02-2008, 08:11 AM
well leafs are out of the playoffs and jays lost season opener yesterday.

Takahashi
04-02-2008, 07:04 PM
well leafs are out of the playoffs and jays lost season opener yesterday.

Leafs blew this season away big time.

I heard that the Jays are going to be contenders this year. Is that true?

Ragun
04-02-2008, 07:42 PM
they have always been contenders, they are just in a tough division.

pebloemer
04-02-2008, 09:52 PM
they have always been contenders, they are just in a tough division.

Indeed, injuries have not helped their fortunes either.
I here Burnett has made some adjustments and I am looking for a big year from him. Last year of his contract, if he gets injured or does not perform his paycheck will go down exponentially.

Ragun
04-02-2008, 09:57 PM
i really hope he doesnt option out. he has some amazing stuff.

Bob_at_york
04-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Watch the Wizards playoff chances go down the tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_rGwT0C_s

Stop watching after the first minute after that it is just a blank screen. Jamison and Stevenson got injured during those sequences.

Bob_at_york
04-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Funny trailer I just watched which has a basketball reference at the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daFGJkKFevI

kwesro
04-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Didn't know if this was posted yet but, it's mad funny.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBkf9dxiIe8

JermanJaysFan
04-05-2008, 03:43 PM
My highschool boys hockey team is up 1-0 in the first period of the OFSAA finals!!!! :dance2:

EDIT: 2-0 in the second :dance2::dance2:

JermanJaysFan
04-05-2008, 05:10 PM
SDSS Spartans are OFSAA A/AA Boys Hockey champions 2 years running now!!! Woohoo!! 5-1 vs. Appleby.

Ragun
04-05-2008, 08:04 PM
congrats. milliken cant afford equipment and **** for another team. we might get one in the future and we dont have enough white guys. :P just playing, we have a community center like 100 metres from our school which has a hockey rink.

JermanJaysFan
04-05-2008, 08:23 PM
congrats. milliken cant afford equipment and **** for another team. we might get one in the future and we dont have enough white guys. :P just playing, we have a community center like 100 metres from our school which has a hockey rink.

Haha I actually chuckled at that. It's funny- my highschool is like the polar opposite of Miliken- ~900 kids, an I can count on my hands how many visible minorities we have. And we have won OFSAA two years in a row now... :p. Our guys won this year, and we took the double gold home in boys and girls last year. And we took home the boys rugby gold last year too. :smoking:

Ragun
04-05-2008, 08:55 PM
nice. but seriously. milliken has 1600 people and so little white people. you heard of our basketball team? they are very good.

Bob_at_york
04-06-2008, 06:52 PM
after watching the blue Jay game, I went out to play ball. I haven't played basketball in awhile but it felt good getting out there. I saw a little kid watching. I told him to take a few shots. We started giving me all sorts of little passes around the net. I kept telling him he was like Nash. It was funny I must have pumped him up too much because he then challenged me to 1-on-1. I said sure. I gave him 1st ball and he hit a jumper immediately. I suddenly wondered if I was getting hustled but then I he missed the next few shots. I took a bunch of lazy shots but I made some nice lay-ins. It was fun to play again even if it was against a 10-year old. Next, I am going to play someone over 20! :D

But in all seriousness, it was good to get some rehab in.

Honest Truth
04-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but I was watching the end of the Phoenix-Dallas game today and thought to myself how great Amare is. Then I thought to myself how I would rather have Amare than Bosh on the Raptors. Am I crazy for thinking that or is it a sane statement?

ink
04-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but I was watching the end of the Phoenix-Dallas game today and thought to myself how great Amare is. Then I thought to myself how I would rather have Amare than Bosh on the Raptors. Am I crazy for thinking that or is it a sane statement?

With the right big man, amazing happens. :D

JermanJaysFan
04-06-2008, 09:23 PM

What would be even better would be to have both on the Raps :nod: .

ink
04-06-2008, 09:57 PM
What would be even better would be to have both on the Raps :nod: .

Maybe, but they're both PF's. It took Steve Kerr to rectify that problem for Amare and now he's been averaging 29 and 10 back at his natural position. I know centers are hard to come by, so sometimes you have to make a player play out of position. That might be why Bosh is so banged up right now. But I'm still not sure Bosh and Amare would win a championship. They'd be great in the regular season though.

Honest Truth
04-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Maybe, but they're both PF's. It took Steve Kerr to rectify that problem for Amare and now he's been averaging 29 and 10 back at his natural position. I know centers are hard to come by, so sometimes you have to make a player play out of position. That might be why Bosh is so banged up right now. But I'm still not sure Bosh and Amare would win a championship. They'd be great in the regular season though.

Yes, I can see what you are saying as they are both nowhere near as effective in a half court set as they could be on the fast break. Though with a decent point guard that can push the ball up with ease...boy that makes for a winning team!

Bob_at_york
04-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I went through some old threads today, I miss Davei. :(

JermanJaysFan
04-17-2008, 11:55 PM
For anyone who cares or didnt notice- Linton Johnson is a Sun as of three days ago:
http://www.nba.com/suns/news/johnson_080416.html?rss=true

Bob_at_york
04-18-2008, 11:01 PM
I played basketball tonight at some drop-in thing in a gym. I got winded very quickly but I think I played alright defence and although my shot was off, I did hit some big shots. One play was a little bit scary. I was chasing some guy who was on the fast break alone. My pressure made him miss. I then started dribbling the other direction and the D spread out to the shooters and I tried going coast to coast. My landing was not good, I felt my knee TRY to give out. Good to see that the knee brace actually did its job.

JermanJaysFan
04-18-2008, 11:16 PM
^^^Good to hear Bob. How long has it been since the original injury?

Bob_at_york
04-18-2008, 11:21 PM
^^^Good to hear Bob. How long has it been since the original injury?

original injury - August.

Re-injurying it becaue I never saw a doctor - October

ink
04-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey guys ... I'm away but still cheering loud for the Raptors. I'm just travelling for work. Yesterday and the day before in Portland and Nike World HQ (unbelievable place) and today back in Canada in Victoria, BC. I won't be back from my trip until the beginning of May but I'm cheering loud for the Raps. It's playoff time and all I want right now is for them to win. They can rejig the lineup later ...

GO RAPTORS!! :clap:

JermanJaysFan
04-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey guys ... I'm away but still cheering loud for the Raptors. I'm just travelling for work. Yesterday and the day before in Portland and Nike World HQ (unbelievable place) and today back in Canada in Victoria, BC. I won't be back from my trip until the beginning of May but I'm cheering loud for the Raps. It's playoff time and all I want right now is for them to win. They can rejig the lineup later ...

GO RAPTORS!! :clap:

Thats awesome Ink! Good to hear you're cheering loud, even if it is away from your comp, lol.

l8tr
04-24-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm just a basketball watcher, and have no game. I'm a good spot-up shooter, but I can't dribble/drive. My games are purely one-on-ones and those that involve a racquet. So, I'm a good tennis, badminton, and table tennis player. I would beat the crap out of Humphries in table tennis. I'm a better soccer player than a basketball player. I'm a good watcher of basketball though.

JermanJaysFan
04-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Ragun- I am ashamed of your mock offseason roster. Zach Randolph? :pity:

Bob_at_york
04-25-2008, 11:28 PM
I played ball again tonight. This guy on my team. Dude thought he was Zach Randolph. He wanted the ball every time down the court and drove into a bigger guy and called little fouls over and over again. When he didn't get his way, he would stand there while I tried to defend a fast break. Rarely ran back on defence. but there were positives. There was one possession where the ball was just rotating around the perimeter with nothing happening. I decided if it came to me again I was shooting it. He ball came and I jacked it up with a quick release. It was Kapono-like. I am almost back. :D

nads83
04-26-2008, 12:32 AM
i played ball a couple days ago. wheather has been amazing in NY. started off playing a game of 21 to warm up. im only 5'7...so rebounding was an issue. finished 2nd. had 17. then we played a fullcourt game. more my style. the ball had too much air...bounced too high...no one noticed but me. i handle the ball all the time so i could tell. i was having issues with my handle to start the game.
i put it between my legs and try to pull a quick crossover but the damn ball bounced high and i turned it over. i ran the guy down and hacked his arm. hes cursing at me as hes walking up to me. a minor scuffle ensues, pushing and shoving between a few ppl. after everyone stopped being so emo we continued. we won. by 3.

it wud be sweet to play with you guys. give me a scouting report of yourselves. everyone

JermanJaysFan
04-27-2008, 09:59 AM
My scouting report
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 165
Position: Bench

Strengths: Agressive, tenacious. Willing to knock guys over for post position. When playing against girls and children under age 13, uses size to advantage both in low post offense and rebounding.

Weaknesses: Willing to knock guys over for post position. Inconsistant jumper from anywhere on the floor. Routinely misses wide open shots and layups. Needs to improve free throw shooting.

Best case scenario: A tiny, less skilled Anderson Varejao
Worst case scenario: A smaller Milt Palacio trying to play the post

JermanJaysFan
04-27-2008, 10:00 AM
I am pretty pumped- heading down to the Rock game this afternoon. Jim Veltman's last game.

Bob_at_york
04-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Strengths: Agressive, tenacious. Willing to knock guys over for post position. When playing against girls and children under age 13, uses size to advantage both in low post offense and rebounding.

Weaknesses: Willing to knock guys over for post position. Inconsistant jumper from anywhere on the floor. Routinely misses wide open shots and layups. Needs to improve free throw shooting.
I love how you have the bolded part on both sides. I will give my scouting report later when I have more time, I need to go to baseball practice. Enjoy the rock game.

nads83
04-27-2008, 10:52 AM
My scouting report
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 165
Position: Bench

Best case scenario: A tiny, less skilled Anderson Varejao
Worst case scenario: A smaller Milt Palacio trying to play the post

lol

JermanJaysFan
04-27-2008, 09:26 PM
I love how you have the bolded part on both sides. I will give my scouting report later when I have more time, I need to go to baseball practice. Enjoy the rock game.

Glad you enjoyed it :D. And I did enjoy the Rock game. Sad to see Jim play his last game :cry:.

AgentViet
04-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Just wondering if someone active would like to Assist me in PSD's Mock Offseason, I have the Orlando Magic. Having a fellow Raptor fan who has seen the Magic in action against us on board would be great, send me a PM if you're interested.

Bob_at_york
04-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Going back to the scouting report thing:

My strengths: Defence, rebounding, passing, outside shooting, unselfishness, IQ
Weaknesses: Dribbling, poor fast break player, not a fast or athletic player.
NBA comparison: Jorge Garbajosa

nads83
04-27-2008, 10:48 PM
scouting report: Nads83

Height:5'7
Weight:162
Position:PG

Strengths: passing, shooting (mid range game), ball handling, penetrating, perimeter defense, speed/quickness

weaknesses: rebounding, low post offense/defense, inconsistant long range game

nba comparison: tj ford?

nads83
04-27-2008, 10:49 PM
come on...i want to see more scouting reports

Honest Truth
04-27-2008, 11:00 PM
come on...i want to see more scouting reports

Don't really play basketball much, more of a soccer player (and dodgeball) but here is my scouting report:

Height:6'2
Weight:210
Position:A very very short Center

Strengths: Rebounding, Blocking, Fouling, Moving without the Ball (thank you soccer for that!)

weaknesses: Shooting, Free Throws, Speed

nba comparison: a very very very poor man's Araujo

Takahashi
04-28-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't play too much basketball. Never really played sports growing up... I was more of a loser playing computer games. With that put aside:

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 165? - Skinny

Strengths - Always willing to take it to the bucket, Free throws

Weaknesses - Not a great basketball IQ, selfish, inconsistent shooting, poor rebounding, not athletic

nads83
04-28-2008, 11:57 PM
I don't play too much basketball. Never really played sports growing up... I was more of a loser playing computer games. With that put aside:

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 165? - Skinny

Weaknesses - Not a great basketball IQ, selfish, inconsistent shooting, poor rebounding, not athletic

loser? i jus pulled an all nighter kicking my friends *** in naruto on gamecube

Bob_at_york
04-29-2008, 08:12 AM
you play with free throws? I play you just get ball back.

Takahashi
04-29-2008, 01:28 PM

No, I'm just saying that I'm pretty good with free throws. Hey, it said strengths, right? Well, free throws are one of them for me.

Nads:

Trust me, I spend a lot of time playing computer games. Today, I'm going to start WoW again since school is finished for me. By the way, do you read the Naruto mangas?

nads83
04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
No, I'm just saying that I'm pretty good with free throws. Hey, it said strengths, right? Well, free throws are one of them for me.

Nads:

Trust me, I spend a lot of time playing computer games. Today, I'm going to start WoW again since school is finished for me. By the way, do you read the Naruto mangas?

i try not to. i know myself. id read the entire magna and have nothing to look foward to. i did that with samurai champloo (best anime ever)...i watched all the episodes in 2 days and it was over

HoopsMachine
05-01-2008, 10:04 AM

lol they probably also call charges, back court, def/off 3 seconds, and shoot technicals too ... for those of you looking for a good laugh if you haven't seen it yet look up on youtube "11 Guys You Always Find Playing Pickup Basketball"

JermanJaysFan
05-01-2008, 11:05 AM
^^^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgZ-KQKrzZ0

I like the kid at the end lol

Bob_at_york
05-01-2008, 02:50 PM
lol they probably also call charges,
I have called charges before. It was only in extreme cases when I guy kept driving like an idiot with no regard for other people's safety and calling "foul" every time. I stood in front of him one time, called a charge and a fight almost broke out. The guy had to learn his lesson.

nads83
05-01-2008, 05:17 PM
^^^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgZ-KQKrzZ0

I like the kid at the end lol

lol "your wearing blue jeanshorts". hilarious

JWalk126
05-04-2008, 08:37 AM
just this movie called wieners, it was kind of weird

Ramon Nivar
05-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that when the fans chant "De-Fence" it sounds like "Steve Nash"?

Bob_at_york
05-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that when the fans chant "De-Fence" it sounds like "Steve Nash"?

I don't think it does.

pauljames
05-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Scouting Report: Paul James
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 205lbs
Position: SF/PF
Strengths-Low post moves, mid-range shooting, passing, shot blocking, Strength
Weaknesses-Inconsistent from 3, lacks heart, Defense, athletic ability.

JermanJaysFan
05-06-2008, 09:09 AM
I want to apologize in advance to everyone on here for wearing an Orlando Magic mock offseason sig.

Bob_at_york
05-06-2008, 09:33 AM
I had my first baseball game of the season last night. My team is a lot different than last year's team. We lost a lot of our power hitters but we still put up a good effort but came up short 21-16. But on a personal note, I was 4-4 with 3 runs scored.

P.I.
05-11-2008, 04:14 AM
Who here things to be a for Bosh to be a complete PF he needs to do two things:

1. Be explosive
2. He needs to post up more

I know Bosh can do this because with a PG like Jose with the pick and rolls he needs to be more explive to the rim. Or just play with post ups. I know his whole game was shooting and getting fouls adding the 3 point rage is a no no for him too high of a percentage shot, when we already have too much long rage shooters on the team. We need him inside all the time hes our only gut to get boards.

Either we run the score or play defense which will never happen.
Suns never played denfense last year and they killed the league in points they just got unlucky and robbed in the playoffs

KJK
05-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Hardball or softball, Bob?

Bob_at_york
05-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Hardball or softball, Bob?

softball. I play in co-ed beer leagues and such.

KJK
05-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Ya, me too. In our rules women have to pitch, is it the same for you guys there?

Bob_at_york
05-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Ya, me too. In our rules women have to pitch, is it the same for you guys there?

no, we don't have that rule although in the last year we have been trying to turn this one girl into a pitcher.

Mile High Champ
05-12-2008, 01:15 PM
I can bat cleanup.. i got a mean swing though my strike zone is quite huge!

KJK
05-12-2008, 02:27 PM
I usually bat somewhere around 6 or 7th. I'm a power hitter but I've missed a couple years due to a broken jaw and ankle so I'm just getting my timing and swing back. What positions do you guys normally play? I'm a catcher/left-fielder.

nads83
05-12-2008, 02:37 PM
i work at the gap...we have our annual softball game coming up. i pitched last game. we won 11 to 7. i bat usually 5th, i have no power, but cuz we sprinkle girls in the line up im forced to.there was a huge play at the plate...guy hit one deep...our fielders gave up on the play but the guy got greedy and try to score...i didnt think we even had a shot till our shortstop gunned it in...i lost focus cuz the guy looked like he was gonna truck me and people were coming on the field to watch the play...i bobbled the ball, he sidestepped, i recovered and it this day i wud swear on everything that i tagged the back of his foot. game was delayed like 20 mins cuz benches cleared to argue the call. it was hilarious. lots of fun. cant wait till june

Bob_at_york
05-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I usually bat somewhere around 6 or 7th. I'm a power hitter but I've missed a couple years due to a broken jaw and ankle so I'm just getting my timing and swing back. What positions do you guys normally play? I'm a catcher/left-fielder.

if you lived in the GTA I would get you out for a try-out. We need another outfielder.

Bob_at_york
05-12-2008, 04:40 PM
i work at the gap...we have our annual softball game coming up. i pitched last game. we won 11 to 7. i bat usually 5th, i have no power, but cuz we sprinkle girls in the line up im forced to.there was a huge play at the plate...guy hit one deep...our fielders gave up on the play but the guy got greedy and try to score...i didnt think we even had a shot till our shortstop gunned it in...i lost focus cuz the guy looked like he was gonna truck me and people were coming on the field to watch the play...i bobbled the ball, he sidestepped, i recovered and it this day i wud swear on everything that i tagged the back of his foot. game was delayed like 20 mins cuz benches cleared to argue the call. it was hilarious. lots of fun. cant wait till june

In the annual GAP softball game you guys are having plays at the plate and brawls? Dude, that is what safe bases are for.

Bob_at_york
05-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I can bat cleanup.. i got a mean swing though my strike zone is quite huge!

i am not a power hitter, my brother is but I am not. But I also have a huge strike zone. I can hit anything.

nads83
05-12-2008, 05:13 PM
In the annual GAP softball game you guys are having plays at the plate and brawls? Dude, that is what safe bases are for.

man...i cudnt believe it either. i hope this yrs is jus as entertaining and fun. best part was getting 4 singles...i cant hit a softball too far...kinda sad. no wait...best part was the cute girls with short shorts. i played most of the game with a semi-**** on. kinda disturbing, i know

CB4real
05-12-2008, 05:53 PM
isn't this a basketball forum not a shopping mall :P

Bob_at_york
05-12-2008, 06:16 PM
man...i cudnt believe it either. i hope this yrs is jus as entertaining and fun. best part was getting 4 singles...i cant hit a softball too far...kinda sad. no wait...best part was the cute girls with short shorts. i played most of the game with a semi-**** on. kinda disturbing, i know

the short shorts are nice.

Mile High Champ
05-13-2008, 08:02 AM
i am not a power hitter, my brother is but I am not. But I also have a huge strike zone. I can hit anything.

Yeah I pull the ball often, Power comes in waves for me. Ohh how I miss playing baseball, I want to try and get back into it. Bob how big are you if you have a a huge strike zone?

KJK
05-13-2008, 10:16 AM
I went 3 for 4 last night with 2 doubles (one off the fence) and a single. Had a nice catch out in left as well. I imagine it's easier for me though since only females pitch. Not to be sexist but they just can't pitch as hard as a guy.

Bob_at_york
05-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah I pull the ball often, Power comes in waves for me. Ohh how I miss playing baseball, I want to try and get back into it. Bob how big are you if you have a a huge strike zone?
When I said that I wasn't talking about my size, I was talking about how I can hit outside and inside pitches well. Sometimes teams pitch me away and I can still hit doubles down the 1st base line.

Mile High Champ
05-13-2008, 10:30 AM
When I said that I wasn't talking about my size, I was talking about how I can hit outside and inside pitches well. Sometimes teams pitch me away and I can still hit doubles down the 1st base line.

Ohh sorry, Usually when i have heard about the strike zone, usually depends on your size not the ability to hit pitches all around the plate. Thats a tough place to put the ball sometimes I find, are you a righty or lefty?

I can hit a lot of stuff all around the edges of the plate but I actually do have a huge strike zone for the the pitcher to pick away at.

Bob_at_york
05-13-2008, 10:43 AM
rightie batter, use to be exclusively a pull hitter but I really have worked on my game.

Mile High Champ
05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
rightie batter, use to be exclusively a pull hitter but I really have worked on my game.

Ohh I see, very nice. Where abouts is your league?

Bob_at_york
05-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Ohh I see, very nice. Where abouts is your league?

York University

Mile High Champ
05-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Hmm sounds very interesting, good competition or more so for fun?

Mile High Champ
05-13-2008, 11:40 AM
York University

Ohh i see, so is it a league for students, past alumni etc or is it open to anyone in the GTA area. Has it started already?

Bob_at_york
05-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Ohh i see, so is it a league for students, past alumni etc or is it open to anyone in the GTA area. Has it started already?

It started last week. Every team is allowed something like 5 or 6 players with no affliation to York. It is a fun league but my team is in the highest/toughest division so it is quite competitive too.

Mile High Champ
05-13-2008, 01:12 PM
It started last week. Every team is allowed something like 5 or 6 players with no affliation to York. It is a fun league but my team is in the highest/toughest division so it is quite competitive too.

Ohh I see, very interesting, sounds like a great league. I would assume there is quite the age range in players.

Bob_at_york
05-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Ohh I see, very interesting, sounds like a great league. I would assume there is quite the age range in players.

There is quite an age range. We have 19 year olds playing on the same field as 50 year olds but it is not a great league. It is actually falling apart. Right now there are three top teams and the rest have trouble competing. More and more teams leave every year and we are losing fields to the ever-changing landscape of townhouses that York is building.

Mile High Champ
05-13-2008, 02:31 PM
There is quite an age range. We have 19 year olds playing on the same field as 50 year olds but it is not a great league. It is actually falling apart. Right now there are three top teams and the rest have trouble competing. More and more teams leave every year and we are losing fields to the ever-changing landscape of townhouses that York is building.

Thats frustrating I bet. If you get out a bit farther north of toronto you actually get a few really nice parks to play in. I will have to talk to some people I know who went to york or at york about a team next year because any baseball to me is fun.

LD V2.0
05-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey Mile High Champ, nice comment to go along with your sig picture! The Bronchos look like geniuses for dealing Portis now in hindsight.

Mile High Champ
05-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Hey Mile High Champ, nice comment to go along with your sig picture! The Bronchos look like geniuses for dealing Portis now in hindsight.

Thanks, yes a star running back is great to have, but they are a dime a dozen. Getting one of the best CB's ever is just something you can never pass up.

Champ Bailey coming atcha!

Mile High Champ
05-15-2008, 01:33 PM
So get this. Im sitting today at lunch in the caf of the company im working for. Im just chatting with some of the students in the company about the raptors etc, I am also a student. Anyway i get talking and one of the girls who sits down at the table with us. So we get talking and I find out she is on the raps dance pack. Anwyay we talk about who the nice guys on the team are and what the guys ini the front office are like. She was telling me that sam mitchell is one of the nicest guys in the world. Very soft spoken, takes the time to talk to people. Also she said guys like Kris Humphries, Kapono etc are really good people and are always willing to shoot the breeze. She did mention that apparently Delfino is the biggest ladies man on the team, always hitting on women....i guess I saw that coming. Finally she told me some thngs about BC that i found interesting. She said He controls the dance pack, the routine, what they wear etc. He has told the girls to leave the raptors alone for example. He had theme wearing slutty outfits at the beggining of the season etc because he wanted to spice up the ACC atmosphere. I personally had no idea BC took such an interest in the raps in other dept's but I guess he really cares about all aspects of the raps organization even the dance pack.. hahah.. She also mentions he doesnt wear anything unless it is from Italy, a thousand dollars etc... Anyway Its off topic and not important but thought I would share none the least.

JermanJaysFan
05-15-2008, 02:41 PM
So get this. Im sitting today at lunch in the caf of the company im working for. Im just chatting with some of the students in the company about the raptors etc, I am also a student. Anyway i get talking and one of the girls who sits down at the table with us. So we get talking and I find out she is on the raps dance pack. Anwyay we talk about who the nice guys on the team are and what the guys ini the front office are like. She was telling me that sam mitchell is one of the nicest guys in the world. Very soft spoken, takes the time to talk to people. Also she said guys like Kris Humphries, Kapono etc are really good people and are always willing to shoot the breeze. She did mention that apparently Delfino is the biggest ladies man on the team, always hitting on women....i guess I saw that coming. Finally she told me some thngs about BC that i found interesting. She said He controls the dance pack, the routine, what they wear etc. He has told the girls to leave the raptors alone for example. He had theme wearing slutty outfits at the beggining of the season etc because he wanted to spice up the ACC atmosphere. I personally had no idea BC took such an interest in the raps in other dept's but I guess he really cares about all aspects of the raps organization even the dance pack.. hahah.. She also mentions he doesnt wear anything unless it is from Italy, a thousand dollars etc... Anyway Its off topic and not important but thought I would share none the least.

Thats interesting. Not too surprising, besides the fact that BC deals with the dance pak, lol. Defino the ladies man haha.

LD V2.0
05-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks, yes a star running back is great to have, but they are a dime a dozen. Getting one of the best CB's ever is just something you can never pass up.

Champ Bailey coming atcha!

Not to mention the fact that Shanahan could pull somebody's Grandma out of the stands and turn her into a 1000 yard back, he's that good. I'm a big fan. So much so that I've been using his playbook in Madden for 9 years. ;)

Mile High Champ
05-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Not to mention the fact that Shanahan could pull somebody's Grandma out of the stands and turn her into a 1000 yard back, he's that good. I'm a big fan. So much so that I've been using his playbook in Madden for 9 years. ;)

hahah very classic... Yeah he has an awesome playbook in madden. what system do you play on..

Mile High Champ
05-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Thats interesting. Not too surprising, besides the fact that BC deals with the dance pak, lol. Defino the ladies man haha.

I laughed so hard when she told me about how BC is so involved in the raps dance pack...hahahha

Mile High Champ
05-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Im so bored at work right now.. hahha

Bob_at_york
05-15-2008, 03:41 PM
which one was it?

Bob_at_york
05-15-2008, 03:43 PM
I laughed so hard when she told me about how BC is so involved in the raps dance pack...hahahha

I didn't think he would be so hands-on but really it isn't that surprising. You have to remember that BC isn't JUST the GM. he is also the president which means he has other duties.

Mile High Champ
05-15-2008, 03:54 PM
which one was it?

I wish I could say but she told me not use her name but I could talk about it. Probably to protect her job. But I just never saw BC being that involved.

JermanJaysFan
05-15-2008, 04:14 PM
I wish I could say but she told me not use her name but I could talk about it. Probably to protect her job. But I just never saw BC being that involved.

Mile High Champ: "Hey, do you mind if I go online and share this conversation with a bunch of men?"

Dance Pack Girl: "Um...yeah, I guess. Just don't use my name, k?" (Crumples up paper with her number on it)

MHC: "Sweet!"

:p I'm just playing buddy

JWalk126
05-15-2008, 04:17 PM
if Jerusalem takes the double I'm going to request a month long ban......

Mile High Champ
05-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Mile High Champ: "Hey, do you mind if I go online and share this conversation with a bunch of men?"

Dance Pack Girl: "Um...yeah, I guess. Just don't use my name, k?" (Crumples up paper with her number on it)

MHC: "Sweet!"

:p I'm just playing buddy

haha that would be very bad if it played out like that. Well its no so much that she told me not to tell people her name but more so because i think if she told me something in confidence, I dont think she wanted it coming back to her; if for what ever reason, raps management found out about some of the criticisms she had told me about the organization. Nothing really bad you know but it just seems like she would get fired from her job if she was originally told by management to be hush hush over what goes on with BC etc.

Ill work on that number though .. hahah.. will really have to step up my game..

LD V2.0
05-16-2008, 11:36 AM
hahah very classic... Yeah he has an awesome playbook in madden. what system do you play on..

360. I'm going to get the new one when it comes out in August.

Mile High Champ
05-16-2008, 11:48 AM
360. I'm going to get the new one when it comes out in August.

Do you play online? If so let me kow your gamertag and we can go head to head....

LD V2.0
05-16-2008, 11:51 AM
My friend has my old copy of Madden. I don't see myself playing it until the new one comes out in August. I'm all about GTA right now when I get a chance to play.

Mile High Champ
05-16-2008, 01:30 PM
My friend has my old copy of Madden. I don't see myself playing it until the new one comes out in August. I'm all about GTA right now when I get a chance to play.

Ohh yeah same as me. Its really addicting. Do you have x-box live and if you do we should play a game of madden when the new one comes out in aug.