PDA

View Full Version : What is your Greatest and Worst Chicago Bulls Moment?

JordansBulls
03-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Did a thread like this in the summer, but we have more posters now.

What is your Greatest and Worst Chicago Bulls Moment?

Air Gordon
03-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Worst: signing ben wallace
Best: trading ben wallace

metsfreak
03-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Best- finally getting past Detroit (the Bad Boys) in the playoffs
Worst- Jordan retiring .......both times

kingbrentg
03-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Best: Going 72-10, and capping it off with a Championship.
Worst: Going 15-67, or being extremely let down by this season.

DirtyDHester
03-13-2008, 09:47 PM
So many great moments.. for me (chronilogically)...

1. The Shot (1989) - The first great sports moment of my life since I was just too young to really appreciate the Bears in 85. I mean, even as a 12 year old, I got the significance of the shot. That was a true elimination shot. A true elimination shot happens when, if you miss it you lose a series, if you make it you win a series. They come along what? Once every ten years, maybe? The Bulls were not supposed to win that series; even the three Tribune reporters all predicted a loss. It was the first time Jordan, Pippen and Grant stood tall against a good opponent.

2. The "where is he" dunk (1991) - Jordan leaves Oakley and Starks looking for someone to guard and then comes over the top of Ewing's face for a posterizing facial. Had to love that.

3. Sweeping the Pistons (1991) - It wasn't the way the Bulls beat Detroit, it was how Pippen, Levingston, Paxson, Armstrong and Grant exceeded their normal level of performance. The Bulls didn't just beat Detroit, they beat them in a way that had the announcers yelling "They're standing all over the Pistons faces"... the Bulls suffocated Detroit. There was one time when Aguirre thought he had a gimme layup with Paxson riding his hip on a breakaway... he puts the ball up and as he does that, Pippen comes running in from behind both of them and packs the ball back 30 feet.. it was complete denial of everything defensively, and offensively in the halfcourt it was "hey, we're gonna execute to perfection".. in the full court it was "we're just gonna run you off the floor."

I'll finish later...

rand3h
03-13-2008, 11:26 PM
best: 1998 - looking like one of the top teams to ever play the game.
worst: 1999 - looking worst than an expansion team. kornel david, are you kidding me?

JordansBulls
03-14-2008, 12:21 AM
For me it has to be winning the first championship as Basketball has always been my favorite sport and I never saw anything like my team winning a basketball title. Thus the 1991 finals to me was the best moment.

The worst moment was getting crushed in game 7 in Detroit in 1990 when it was as if Pippen and Grant and the rest of the Bulls didn't show up. I felt bad for MJ.

http://motorcitybadboys.com/box90eastconffinalsgm7.html

rico
03-14-2008, 12:50 AM
kingbrent said it all.

DirtyDHester
03-14-2008, 01:40 AM
For me it has to be winning the first championship as Basketball has always been my favorite sport and I never saw anything like my team winning a basketball title. Thus the 1991 finals to me was the best moment.

The worst moment was getting crushed in game 7 in Detroit in 1990 when it was as if Pippen and Grant and the rest of the Bulls didn't show up. I felt bad for MJ.

http://motorcitybadboys.com/box90eastconffinalsgm7.html

They didn't not show up. They were in their third year, and they went up against a Detroit team who had to feel like it was making their last run with Laimbeer being 32 years old that year. They simply played a team that peaked earlier than they did. If the 92 Bulls played the 90 Pistons they win going away in 6 games...

abe_froman
03-14-2008, 03:04 AM
worst-its a tie:the motorcycle accident because we are to believe thats what kept us from moving up in the '03 draft;or signing wallace,from when i 1st saw it i had a sinking feeling and thought was stupid thing.

best-the 1st championship

WES445
03-14-2008, 04:51 AM
It began with finally bit-h slapping the bad boy Piston in 1991 and winning the first Championship( sorry boys the first time is always the best). !!!!!!THE WORST is this year!!!!! The years right after Jordan, you knew they were going to stink. They look like a crap, smell like crap so you knew it was crap. This year I got blind-sided.

WES445
03-14-2008, 05:01 AM
This is going to sound real stupid, but how do you made those nice looking paragraph spacing? Help me look professional even if I don't sound professional.

kingbrentg
03-14-2008, 06:39 AM
This is going to sound real stupid, but how do you made those nice looking paragraph spacing? Help me look professional even if I don't sound professional.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

canigetawitness
03-14-2008, 09:34 AM
BEST: The second championship; affirmed in my mind that we had something great and that '91 was not an abberation.

WORST: Losing to Horace Grant's and Shaquille's Magic in '95 and Horace whopping it up.

Fool
03-14-2008, 09:52 AM
I've only been a Bulls fan for a relatively short amount of time, so the best Bulls moment would be us sweeping the Heat, and worst is this whole season.

WES445
03-14-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking.

Notice how all mine long posting had no spacing in them no separation between one point from another point. No double spacing. This old fart grew up with manual typewriter and reel to reel tape deck. Never mind I just have to take a computer typing class.

kingbrentg
03-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Notice how all mine long posting had no spacing in them no separation between one point from another point. No double spacing. This old fart grew up with manual typewriter and reel to reel tape deck. Never mind I just have to take a computer typing class.

Oh. You just have to double space it. Once you're done with one point or paragraph hit enter twice and it'll take you down two lines. Like...

this.

Starkonian
03-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Best moment> Winning the '98 title. It looked like they might not have enough that year, barely made it by the Pacers and the Jazz had their number all year~~~~then Jordon with THE shot!!!!

Worst moment>Jordon's first retirement. Took me a loooong time to get over that one.

Derrick_Rose
08-05-2008, 01:43 AM
Best - Scottie Pippen dunking over Patrick Ewing, stepping over him, and then talking stuff to Spike Lee. Bulls finally shutting down the Pistons and seeing Isiah walk off the court.

Worst - Seeing a starting lineup that consisted of A.J Guyton, Eddie Robinson, Marcus Fizer, Dalibor Bargaric, and Tyson Chandler.

Blue Tiger
08-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Best: When the Bulls won all 6 championships.

Worst: When the Bulls picked Derrick Rose over Michael Beasley.

hdxstunts1
08-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Best: 72-10 then winning it all.
Worst: Jordan returning as a WIZARD!