PDA

View Full Version : where do i watch them now!!!?

kingkila1014
02-03-2008, 09:32 AM
TBS was a great way for me to keep up with my team. i use to watch aleast 3 games a week. now im wondering where can i watch the braves? its hard to keep up with your team when u live in ny.:(

braves790
02-03-2008, 10:37 AM
ESPN networks, FOX, and you can still catch the Braves on TBS if they are playing in the game of the week.

RandyRocks77
02-03-2008, 11:26 AM
well if you live in the south you can watch them on SportSouth.. the odd thing is they play Reds games as well

bravesrule
02-03-2008, 01:08 PM
I guess you just have to separetely purchase the different channels.

bravesrule
02-03-2008, 01:10 PM
TBS was a great way for me to keep up with my team. i use to watch aleast 3 games a week. now im wondering where can i watch the braves? its hard to keep up with your team when u live in ny.:(

Look at the bright side, at least your not a mets fan. :D

TBS just moved channels right?

bravefan4life
02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
For the last two years I have bought the cable baseball package. You get to watch just about every baseball game everyday. It cost $165.00 for the season. It's really a good deal, and you get to see all of the best games. It also really helps you get to know all of the players in the game.

BRAVE KID
02-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I am in the same situation dude, i guess i am going to have to buy one of those packages, if I can't find anything else.

RandyRocks77
02-03-2008, 06:13 PM
anybody know what they go for?

kingkila1014
02-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Look at the bright side, at least your not a mets fan. :D

TBS just moved channels right?

yeah the got it coming to them!!:) im tired of heairing about the santastic the mets gotta play 162 games, santana only pitches 30 its all good:)
anyways i dont know i just know that tbs is not showing braves game no more.

kingkila1014
02-03-2008, 07:55 PM
do you guys know the name of the channel that shows the braves so? i can buy it

jmtapia
02-03-2008, 08:09 PM
...TBS is one of the main reasons im a Braves fan. Does any one know what service you need to get the MLB Package?

runningcircles
02-04-2008, 09:02 AM
do you guys know the name of the channel that shows the braves so? i can buy it

It's not really a channel that they come on that you can buy, per say. It's the MLB Extra Innings Package, which you buy through your cable/satellite provider. It costs around $150 for the entire season (I think a poster above said it's $165 to be exact) and once you buy it, you get access to every single game, every single night. There is a block of channel's on your digital cable/satellite box labeled something like "MLB Extra Innings" or "Sports Package" and every channel broadcasts a different game every night so you just have to scroll through them and find the game you want to watch, click, and enjoy. There's also a channel that shows each game and the channel they are on for that day/night. It's especially pimp if you're into playing fantasy baseball for $$$ and have some kind of fantasy stattracker, because every time one of your players comes to bat or is pitching, you change to the channel his team is playing on and watch what he does. If you don't have digital cable, or for some reason your cable provider doesn't get the baseball package, you can order it online through mlb.com and watch on your computer. The only negative I've heard of with it is that if you live in an area that is a certain proximity from a ML team, you are blacked out from watching that team play so every time you click on the channel that particular team is playing on it will just show a black screen. This used to be a problem for some people who lived in parts of Alabama (and I'm sure other states around Georgia, with cities inside the blackout perimeter for the Braves) whose cable providers didn't carry Turner South because it started carrying so many Braves games every year. Those people weren't able to watch the Braves at all those nights because they didn't have access to Turner South and even if they had the Extra Innings package they weren't able to watch those particular games because all Braves games were blacked out in their area's. I'm sure it will be the same for many people in those same area's now that Peachtree TV will be airing 45 games this season. I doubt a whole lot of cable providers outside of the Atlanta area carry that channel and they are still living in the blackout zone. Something really should be done about this because I've also heard of a lot of people who live in the midwest (or other areas of the country with multiple cities with ML teams in close proximity) because they happen to live in a city which is inside the blackout zone for multiple (I've actually read some people complain up to 3 or 4) teams so they weren't able to watch any of those teams play on their baseball package every night. Once I lived in Atlanta it was never a problem for me because every game was televised on a station carried by Comcast and the Braves were the only team blacked out there. I used it to watch my fantasy players every night and was able to watch every other team.

As to what channel will the Braves be broadcast on this season, I just read that the 162 games played this year will be split up and televised among 3 different stations, with 3 channels getting the bulk of the games. FSN South, SportSouth (formerly TurnerSouth), and Peachtree TV (formerly the local version of TBS in the Atlanta area, took the place of TBS on channel 17 (cable channel 7 on Atlanta Comcast) when TBS's over-air broadcast was brought to an end) will broadcast the bulk of the schedule (around 150 games) while national networks such as ESPN, Fox, and TBS (it's new "Game of the Week") will televise the rest of the games this season.

D Biznus
02-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Here is a link to the AJC and it talks about where you can tune in and watch the Braves games. I hope this helps. Everyone is talking about the Mets and Phillies but I say, don't sleep on the Braves. I think we have a good team and we have a shot to win the NL East, Go Braves!

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/braves/stories/2008/02/03/bravestv_0204.html

flea
02-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Could someone help me out with more information regarding which areas get blacked out of the mlb.com package? I live in north central Florida and don't pick up TurnerSouth or other stations playing Braves games (alas, only Rays and Marlins for me) but I could see it as a possibility that I live in the blackout area (Atlanta is merely 5 hours north of me, with Georgia being 45 minutes away).

I'm not in a position to get the cable version but if I couldn't watch a significant portion of the Braves games with the mlb.com thing then I probably wouldn't shell out the $150+.

boston rocks
02-04-2008, 04:15 PM
you could always move and become the fan of a differnt team???lol

flea
02-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah or I could just become a bandwagoner and watch anything nationally televised - I'll always know who to root for.

Go Sawks!

AndruwFan
02-04-2008, 11:44 PM
anybody know what they go for?

Probably depends on the cable/dish provider. They won't start selling packages until about March so I'm not really sure.

t-wolves4ever
02-05-2008, 12:57 AM
I got the answer.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

You can watch any sports game on there for free.

BRAVE KID
02-05-2008, 01:01 AM
True however some may give you just audio, and for instance right now the audio is dead for some reason (nuggets game), but I shall check it out to see if it works during ST and the regular season.

kingkila1014
12-31-2008, 12:29 PM
you could always move and become the fan of a differnt team???lol

hahahahaha not!

Pessimistic Man
12-31-2008, 05:47 PM
You have to fork out around $130-$150 for an MLB Extra Innings package, at least with Comcast you have to. Then you get EVERY MLB game. Worth it, but only if Atlanta makes some moves in order to truly be able to compete.

Zaunnie
01-02-2009, 12:39 PM
I just get the Braves on some **** channel called "Peachtree TV"

a_roid_3333
01-02-2009, 01:00 PM
I just get the Braves on some **** channel called "Peachtree TV"

peachtree is a solid channel

Jon93405
01-02-2009, 04:01 PM
I live in California and get MLB TV from MLB.com. I love it because I have a laptop and can take it with me and watch the Braves anywhere I can get wireless internet. It's $15 per month. I know Saturday games are blacked out when FOX has exclusive coverage but you can still listen to the radio broadcast even during blackouts.

If you miss the game they are archived and you can watch them when you get a chance. Also, a few hours after the game ends they post a "condensed version", where they just cut the game down to pitches that result in plays. That's good if you can't watch the game and you hear the end score and just want to see how it happened. Also good if you're short on time because it's less than 40 minutes.

It comes out to less than $1 per game if you watch more than 15 games per month. Well worth it.

marlon641
01-05-2009, 12:35 AM
You gotta get the package, man! I moved to Denver 7 years ago and TBS has been scaling back since. It's only $150/year and you get all MLB games. It's awesome. You live in NY so I know that won't dent you hard ;) I'm sure cablevision has a comperable deal to Comcast (my provider). The only games excluded from the package are Saturday morning games bc Fox has a lock on those. You won't be sorry you did :)

jmtapia
01-05-2009, 03:30 AM
i had MLB.TV and it was great...specially when your on the go at all times...

Seamhead
01-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I had MLB.TV, but I used it to watch non-Braves games (mostly Tigers and D'Backs). I live in the greater Atlanta area, but I don't have PTV, therefore can't watch most games, and mlb.tv is no good because of blackouts.