PDA

View Full Version : Official Brett Favre Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

IRNMN
02-01-2008, 10:10 AM
A lot of the same things are being said around the forum and it is getting cluttered. All Favre info and opinions go here now.

PackerFanatic
02-01-2008, 10:36 AM
IRNMN cleaning house - loving it :)

hughest4
02-02-2008, 03:56 AM
^^^
well it has to be done because there are a few threads about him and they usually end up talking about the same stuff. And plus we are talking about BRETT FAVRE. The guy is a legend so of course he deserves his own thread.

I think he will be back next year and i would give him 2-3 weeks after the Superbowl before i start getting anxious. He is better then any other QB we have or could possibly have, so he should just keep playing!

IRNMN
02-02-2008, 10:31 AM
I don't know, but this is the only year I haven't been 100% on his return.

duncky1188
02-02-2008, 12:01 PM

I understand what you are saying. I am about a 85% his return 15% he retires. I just feel it might be the time for him to put the pads down.

hughest4
02-02-2008, 12:43 PM
I understand what you are saying. I am about a 85% his return 15% he retires. I just feel it might be the time for him to put the pads down.

Well i havent been completely sure that he was coming back since this whole retirement saga started like 13 years ago. But i just dont see why he wouldn't come back and why everyone wouldn't want him back. He is still a great player and if he hangs it up the chances are that this team will be nowhere near the team they were this year. I want to see winning football and Favre for as long as possible. With my other favorite sports teams losing, i cannot bare to see the Packers in the same situation

duncky1188
02-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Well i havent been completely sure that he was coming back since this whole retirement saga started like 13 years ago. But i just dont see why he wouldn't come back and why everyone wouldn't want him back. He is still a great player and if he hangs it up the chances are that this team will be nowhere near the team they were this year. I want to see winning football and Favre for as long as possible. With my other favorite sports teams losing, i cannot bare to see the Packers in the same situation

I want winning football also, but I am not positive that Favre can have another year like this past one.

servais77
02-02-2008, 01:31 PM
He will come back...He would be insane not to.

I look forward to quite possibly Favre's greatest season as a pro on maybe the best team he has ever played on.

GoPackGo728
02-02-2008, 02:31 PM
He will come back...He would be insane not to.

I look forward to quite possibly Favre's greatest season as a pro on maybe the best team he has ever played on.

I'm 100% sure he will be back. The only reason he's waiting until after the Pro Bowl is because he wants to talk to McCarthy about potential needs of the team or offseason moves they could make.

Plus, I saw his Yahoo Sports Superbowl interview, and when asked how the mic felt in his hands, he said "Not good." That's solid proof right there.

Ryan Diesel
02-02-2008, 02:37 PM

Time for him to put his pads down?? On a year you go to the NFC title game with the youngest team in the league?? After winning 13 games?? You just fold it up and quit?? I'm glad Brett doesn't have your attitude. Why would you quit when you love the game that much and still have plenty of gas in the tank?

wissportsfan
02-03-2008, 11:32 PM
If Brett retires this year even though I don't think he will I think we got to sign a QB not draft one. We need someone behind Rodgers for insurance incase he does get hurt. Nall I don't think is that guy. A guy like Todd Collins even though I doubt they will let him walk away. Josh McCown would be another good backup. Seneca Wallace would be an alright choice but I doubt Seattle would let him go and also I don't know if he would fit GB.

aokmaster
02-04-2008, 08:18 PM
If Brett retires this year even though I don't think he will I think we got to sign a QB not draft one. We need someone behind Rodgers for insurance incase he does get hurt. Nall I don't think is that guy. A guy like Todd Collins even though I doubt they will let him walk away. Josh McCown would be another good backup. Seneca Wallace would be an alright choice but I doubt Seattle would let him go and also I don't know if he would fit GB.

Whoa.....Seneca Wallace? No way. Josh McCown? There's got to a better crop of veteran back ups available than these two.

GoPackGo728
02-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Whoa.....Seneca Wallace? No way. Josh McCown? There's got to a better crop of veteran back ups available than these two.

I agree. What the hell are these people talking about. Are we this desperate? What happened to Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson?

Not to worry though, Favre is going to return. :eyebrow:

wissportsfan
02-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Actually there really isn't. I was hoping for a better vetern type of QB out there but I don't see any.

I agree. What the hell are these people talking about. Are we this desperate? What happened to Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson?

Not to worry though, Favre is going to return. :eyebrow:

Maybe you should read what we've been talking about then asking what we are talking about. I said if Favre did retire these are some of the guys available. Those two guys that you mentioned would come for a high price and would have to learn a lot. I'm not looking for a possible starter. I'm looking for a good solid backup incase Rodgers gets hurt.

carson005
02-04-2008, 09:42 PM
barring an offseason injury he comes back

GoPackGo728
02-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Actually there really isn't. I was hoping for a better vetern type of QB out there but I don't see any.

Maybe you should read what we've been talking about then asking what we are talking about. I said if Favre did retire these are some of the guys available. Those two guys that you mentioned would come for a high price and would have to learn a lot. I'm not looking for a possible starter. I'm looking for a good solid backup incase Rodgers gets hurt.

I don't think Seneca Wallace or any sub-par QB will lead us into the playoffs. If Rodgers gets hurt, we're going to be bad until we find another solid QB.

wissportsfan
02-05-2008, 01:36 AM
I don't think Seneca Wallace or any sub-par QB will lead us into the playoffs. If Rodgers gets hurt, we're going to be bad until we find another solid QB.

So what are you saying, we are basically screwed so just draft a rookie QB in the first round even though it will take him 3 or 4 years to learn the system? Trading for a Quinn or Anderson is basically like drafting a QB but only going to cost us more money. I'm not apposed to trading for a QB but I'm thinking more on the lines of a vet QB. Rodgers has to be our guy. If he isn't then so be it. We can't give up on the guy though.

GoPackGo728
02-05-2008, 10:01 AM
So what are you saying, we are basically screwed so just draft a rookie QB in the first round even though it will take him 3 or 4 years to learn the system? Trading for a Quinn or Anderson is basically like drafting a QB but only going to cost us more money. I'm not apposed to trading for a QB but I'm thinking more on the lines of a vet QB. Rodgers has to be our guy. If he isn't then so be it. We can't give up on the guy though.

I'm not giving up on Rodgers. I'm just saying suppose, heaven forbid, Favre retires and Rodgers is our starter. If he has a season-ending injury, we are basically screwed.

At that point, I don't see how we could make the playoffs with a Seneca Wallace as our QB.

You could probably say this about a lot of teams though. Colts without Peyton looked like the worst team ever.

duncky1188
02-05-2008, 11:34 AM
You could probably say this about a lot of teams though. Colts without Peyton looked like the worst team ever.

Man do not put Rodgers and Sorgi in the same class. Rodgers is soooo much better than Sorgi.

GoPackGo728
02-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Man do not put Rodgers and Sorgi in the same class. Rodgers is soooo much better than Sorgi.

I'm not comparing Rodgers to Sorgi, I'm saying if Rodgers gets hurt we're screwed.

wissportsfan
02-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm not giving up on Rodgers. I'm just saying suppose, heaven forbid, Favre retires and Rodgers is our starter. If he has a season-ending injury, we are basically screwed.

At that point, I don't see how we could make the playoffs with a Seneca Wallace as our QB.

Exactly that will happen with most teams. Although I would like a vet behind him so we aren't totally screwed. However there are none in free agency. Wallace I only thought of an option.

twelvePack
02-05-2008, 08:38 PM
How many teams have a solid third stringer? None, that's who. Favre will be coming back this year, and we have Rodgers behind him. I don't think we have a QB problem.

hughest4
02-08-2008, 07:55 PM
KAPOLEI, Hawaii -- Brett Favre's decision on whether to retire or return to the Green Bay Packers for an 18th season is still "probably a couple of weeks away," says coach Mike McCarthy.

McCarthy, who signed a new five-year contract with the Packers on Tuesday, says he talks with his quarterback weekly and intends to talk with him in the next few days, but that he doesn't anticipate an answer, and isn't worried about it dragging out.

"It would be a different team because you're talking about a guy that's led the football team for 17 years," said McCarthy, who's in Hawaii coaching the NFC team in the Pro Bowl. "But it's a change that's inevitable. His career will go down as one of the greatest in the history of the National Football League. It's going to change and we're prepared for that with the progress of Aaron Rodgers."
Source: NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8069483c&template=with-video&confirm=true)

I guess this is the most recent news on the Favre decision, and its pretty much the same as usually. McCarthy is expecting Favre's choice in the next few weeks and i think that is fair. Brett deserves at least that much time to make his mind up

Brunner
02-10-2008, 02:14 AM
This has been my least favorite part of the year for several seasons now. This waiting game is no fun. I agree he deserves it, but that doesn't make my head go, "DECIDE ALREADY!"

wwfd1220
02-10-2008, 11:45 AM
it seems like last year he had already made up his mind by now, am i right ?

twelvePack
02-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I think Favre is already decided, he just needs to convince the wife, haha.

IRNMN
02-10-2008, 02:49 PM
I think Favre is already decided, he just needs to convince the wife, haha.

I would not bank your money on that comment.

wwfd1220
02-10-2008, 03:01 PM
I would not bank your money on that comment.

his family wants him to play if he wants to play. this is just favre taking a nice offseason break. he has already made his decision i am sure. he is just taking his time on letting us know. getting away from the media and the game for a few weeks. when we all take vacations of our own from work. that last thing we want is other people asking us about work. at least that is the way i would see it.

Pack1997
02-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Favre made his decision the week of the Super Bowl last year. But Green Bay wasn't in the playoffs so it was about a month after the Packers season ended.

This is the beginning of the 4th week since their season ended, so it seems like he is on the same timetable.

GnGkloes512
02-14-2008, 01:02 PM

if anything, this is the year i am closest to 100 percent. to be honest, last year, with all the randy moss stuff, and the mini camp thing, kinda made me nervouse. there is almost no doubt in my mind that he's comin back. i am actually more intrigued with what the bears and vikes do in the draft than what the packers do because i think the packers are pretty set at almost ever position. they got one of the best WR corps in the league, and they are now pretty set at RB with grant being a beast, and brandon Jackson showing some signs of life. im really interested to see where they go with their first round pick, but i am more intrigued by the other NFC north teams, just so we know what we're dealing with this season.

wissportsfan
02-14-2008, 03:17 PM
if anything, this is the year i am closest to 100 percent. to be honest, last year, with all the randy moss stuff, and the mini camp thing, kinda made me nervouse. there is almost no doubt in my mind that he's comin back. i am actually more intrigued with what the bears and vikes do in the draft than what the packers do because i think the packers are pretty set at almost ever position. they got one of the best WR corps in the league, and they are now pretty set at RB with grant being a beast, and brandon Jackson showing some signs of life. im really interested to see where they go with their first round pick, but i am more intrigued by the other NFC north teams, just so we know what we're dealing with this season.

I was kind of the same way which kind of makes me nervous now. We are almost to sure that he'll come back.

beercityboards6
02-14-2008, 06:27 PM
whatever he does is his choice and you gotta respect it, he gave us so many great years if it's his time to hang em up he'll do it if not he'll be back im not going to speculate cause then you just get your hopes up for no reason.

tbizzle1984
02-19-2008, 11:42 AM
I just got off the phone with Brett's daughter and she thinks he is going to make his decision this weekend. She also said she wants to date me ... but then my alarm went off. Come on Brett, make your announcement and then lets get some free agents!!! Faneca !!!

Bfavreforever
02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
I just got off the phone with Brett's daughter and she thinks he is going to make his decision this weekend. She also said she wants to date me ... but then my alarm went off. Come on Brett, make your announcement and then lets get some free agents!!! Faneca !!!

I here you there! Come on Brett make your decision already. And tbizzle not a chance dating Bretts daughter, cuz I already am.

aokmaster
02-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Isn't she like 17? I hope for your guys' sake she's at least 18....

I'm starting to get nervous though too. There's no reason not to come back. That being the case, what in the world is taking so long? I could understand waiting for the Pro Bowl to be over, but it's done. He should have announced it last weekend or sometime last week. I don't have a feeling he's going to say anything this weekend, but who knows I've been wrong about the situation already. Dare I say, the longer he waits, the less chance he's coming back? There's nothing really to ponder anymore. He should know if he's coming back or not. The longer he waits, the more doubt there seems to be. If there's doubt....I guess maybe it's time to hang it up? Hard to say seeing he's my favorite player of all time and the last true remaining icon in the NFL.

Pitfall
02-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Favre should come back for another season, that's all I have to say on the subject.

hughest4
02-23-2008, 06:27 PM

Brittany Favre is 19 i think. I remember reading a book about Brett and she was born when they were still in college.

I agree with you though. I hate having to wait and wait and wait. The longer i wait the more nervous i become. I still think that Brett is going to come back though

robdizzle3
02-24-2008, 05:16 AM
Brittany Favre is 19 i think. I remember reading a book about Brett and she was born when they were still in college.

I agree with you though. I hate having to wait and wait and wait. The longer i wait the more nervous i become. I still think that Brett is going to come back though

i really hope favre comes back too but if he doesnt i think rodgers is ready to step up and take the reigns he has been learning from the best ever since he got into the league and you can only benefit from that but i really hope he comes back

robdizzle3
02-24-2008, 05:21 AM

I'm starting to get nervous though too. There's no reason not to come back. That being the case, what in the world is taking so long? I could understand waiting for the Pro Bowl to be over, but it's done. He should have announced it last weekend or sometime last week. I don't have a feeling he's going to say anything this weekend, but who knows I've been wrong about the situation already. Dare I say, the longer he waits, the less chance he's coming back? There's nothing really to ponder anymore. He should know if he's coming back or not. The longer he waits, the more doubt there seems to be. If there's doubt....I guess maybe it's time to hang it up? Hard to say seeing he's my favorite player of all time and the last true remaining icon in the NFL.

im pretty sure she is 19 because i know she is my age i remember seeing a packers game and they were talking about his daughter being in high school and said her age and i said maybe i have a chance

duncky1188
02-24-2008, 11:38 AM
im pretty sure she is 19 because i know she is my age i remember seeing a packers game and they were talking about his daughter being in high school and said her age and i said maybe i have a chance

Thats the exact same way I was when I heard it. I was like I could have a chance.

Smithy04
02-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah I'd say she is about 18-19 right now b/c I have seen her at Packers events and games too.

gbpack
02-27-2008, 07:03 PM
"Mark Murphy, the Green Bay Packers' new president and CEO, told a Milwaukee luncheon crowd today that he believed Packers quarterback Brett Favre will return next season.

"My guess is that he will come back," Murphy said at a lunch sponsored by the Milwaukee Press Club.

Murphy said that he had spoken with Favre a couple of times, but did not say how those conversations went."

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/02/27/murphy-thinks-favre-will-return.aspx

Ryan Diesel
02-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Mark Murphy, the new president of the Green Bay Packers, believes quarterback Brett Favre will announce later this week that he will return for at least one more season with the team.

Ryan Diesel
02-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I love how it says "at least one more season"

hughest4
02-27-2008, 07:17 PM
I really hope Mark Murphy isnt a liar, because this is great news. I think this whole process dragged out much longer last season so i am very happy that we will get an answer soon. And if Brett is going to play as good as he did last season, let him play for as long as he wants

Ryan Diesel
02-27-2008, 07:22 PM
It's only been a week or two longer than last year. Just be glad he don't sit out training camp and preseason like Strahan. He can take as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned, within reason. Still I'd like him to announce it today lol I'm sick of checking every day hoping to see it. MM and Mark Murphy(another MM?) both seem pretty confident he's going to announce it soon.

FireDoc83
03-04-2008, 06:31 PM
We will miss you Brett... Go Green Bay...

BolemanPackFan
03-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Good Bye Brett. Thanks for the memories.

Smithy04
03-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Favre to discuss retirement at Thursday news conference

ESPN.com news services
Updated: March 5, 2008, 4:57 PM ET

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Brett Favre has called a news conference for Thursday in Green Bay (SportsCenter Special, ESPN, noon ET) to discuss his retirement.

The star Packers quarterback is expected to be joined by his wife, Deanna.

Favre first told Packers coach Mike McCarthy he intends to retire Monday night. He then made it official in a discussion with general manager Ted Thompson on Tuesday.

Favre has not yet spoken publicly about his decision. He described himself as tired in a voice mail to ESPN NFL reporter Chris Mortensen.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3278467

RcrkllrH2
03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
^ this will be interesting....im curious as to what he will say

hughest4
03-05-2008, 07:12 PM
I will definitely be tuning in to see this press conference, and i have no doubt that Brett will stay classy. Even if TT not going to get players was one of his reasons for hanging it up, i think he will stick to his story about being mentally tired. I'm sure he'll be wearing Wrangler Jeans and a T-Shirt too.

Brunner
03-05-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm sure he'll be wearing Wrangler Jeans and a T-Shirt too.

COMEON!!!! atleast a polo with Wrangler jeans...maybe even a camo hat...God I'm going to miss that guy:(

bhall43
03-06-2008, 02:12 PM
no polo today? it just wasnt Brett...

hughest4
03-06-2008, 02:41 PM
no polo today? it just wasnt Brett...

Ahh i disagree, this is classic Brett. I think that he probably came to this press conference with a white t-shirt and some wranglers but Deanna forced him to wear the shirt. Look at the beard...he said he thought about shaving and wearing a suit but that just wouldnt be him

bhall43
03-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Ahh i disagree, this is classic Brett. I think that he probably came to this press conference with a white t-shirt and some wranglers but Deanna forced him to wear the shirt. Look at the beard...he said he thought about shaving and wearing a suit but that just wouldnt be him

meh...i was hopin for the polo...i guess it was a compromise...i dont even think id recognize Brett in a suit...who am i kidding? ITS BRETT FAVRE!

PA Packers Fan
03-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Brett you were the best to ever play at QB along with being the coolest and most down to earth:clap:

hughest4
03-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Brett Favre hasn't submitted his official retirement paperwork to the NFL yet.

He's got plenty of time to do it. The Packers wouldn't mind, as Favre filing the necessary forms would clear $11.4 million off the payroll. Green Bay could use that money to extend players like Greg Jennings and Ryan Pickett.
-rotoworld

I dont think any of us should feel that he is coming back, but why hasnt he submitted them yet? Its not like he is doing anything else except hunting and maybe playing a little golf. I dont think he will be back but i just found it interesting

wissportsfan
03-25-2008, 02:30 PM
-rotoworld

I dont think any of us should feel that he is coming back, but why hasnt he submitted them yet? Its not like he is doing anything else except hunting and maybe playing a little golf. I dont think he will be back but i just found it interesting

Yeah it's not that big of a deal. I don't know much at all about these retirement papers or anything on that. Although TT had to say this:

"We don't need the cap room," Thompson said of the delay.
And we really don't need the cap room so why do it right now. I guess one instance would be if the Packers don't have enough guys to give the money out to that they can just keep Favre on the books so they don't get penalized for being under the minimum. Thats the only thing I can really think of. Just TT trying to play it safe.

aokmaster
03-31-2008, 10:26 PM
That's a really good point. TT may have the papers...

Hang on to that last shred of hope, but my friends, Favre isn't coming back....it's over....

wwfd1220
04-25-2008, 12:50 PM
okay, i do not want to be a clinger. and i have accepted the fact that favre has retired. but, with all the events that have happened since he has announced his retirement, it makes me wonder if there was some kind of falling out of sorts going on up in titletown. i watched the retirement news conference. at that time i was sure he was done. but with all of these recent "activites" i am beginning to feel something is rotton with all of this. could he have been pushed out ? , was it a premature decision made out of frustration ?, does he feel he may just be able to get that last ring ?, or did tt and brett just get under each others skin that much ?, all questions that i think every packer fan is asking themselves right now. i feel brett loves the packers organization and respects the history of this team so much, he would do nothing to hurt it. and if tt did indeed kind of run him out. i do not think that favre would even hint that to the media, due to his loyalty to this franchise. all fans of football can say what they will about how favre is hurting this team. but truthfully, if this is the worst problem my team has (whether or not my h.o.f. q.b. is going to play, or is just leading me on as a fan) i can accept that. we packer fans want an answer of what the future holds. we will get that answer by the first game of the season. either way i think good things are definitely on the horizon.

wissportsfan
04-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Don't be fooled WWFD. Just listen to what Favre says and not what the fans or paper are saying. They can be a bit misleading. I'm pretty sure he's done. If there was a fact that Rodgers went down and we are screwed at the backup position I think he might consider it but I don't he would still come back but thats the only way I see him even remotely thinking about coming back. He loves the Packers and his heart is with the Packers and he wouldn't consider another team.

jlang86
04-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Looks like you guys had a decent draft this year. Congratulations on Favre making the cover of Madden '09 A lot of people are dogging that choice, but I honestly think he deserved it. Looking forward to playing you guys the first monday night game. Peace out.

Vikings Fan

hughest4
04-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Looks like you guys had a decent draft this year. Congratulations on Favre making the cover of Madden '09 A lot of people are dogging that choice, but I honestly think he deserved it. Looking forward to playing you guys the first monday night game. Peace out.

Vikings Fan

Yeah we had a pretty good draft and filled a couple of positions that needed some help. Vikings might not have had the best draft but i think getting Jared Allen for those picks is well worth it. And yeah i definitely think Favre being on the cover is great.

Cant wait for the season to start and that 1st game is going to be huge

hughest4
06-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre will not be participating in the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament July 11-13 at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course in South Lake Tahoe, Nev.

"Brett will not be attending," said Steve Griffith, a spokesman for the 54-hole tournament, which is to be televised on ESPN2 (Friday) and NBC-TV (Saturday and Sunday. "We are hopeful he can attend next year. But it turns out he will not be attending this year."

Griffith made his comments today during a conference call with reporters.

In May, Favre told NBC Sports offiicials he planned to play in the tournament, which is in its 19th year.

"We didn't get any reason for it," Griffith said, referring to Favre's unavailability. "It was a scheduling conflict that we don't have details on."

-jsonline.com

It stinks that he won't be playing in this tournament because i would like to see how he would have done..i know he is very good. I'm sure Brett has his reasons though...

Ryan Diesel
06-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah he's getting himself back into football shape :P jk

hughest4
06-29-2008, 05:46 AM
Those who think there is nothing on the NFL Network worth watching outside of football season might want to tune in Monday at 7 p.m.

That's when NFL Network will be airing the Green Bay-Cincinnati game of Sept. 20, 1992, that saw Brett Favre begin his record-setting reign as Packers quarterback.

Favre came into the game when Don Majkowski was injured and...
-madison.com

I'll just cut off the article there because i don't want to ruin it for someone who hasnt seen it before. I have only seen it once myself and it was a great game so i recommend everyone watch it. So if anyone is bored on Monday night watch the game

cubs fan
07-03-2008, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=duncky1188;4215647]I want winning football also, but I am not positive that Favre can have another year like this past one.[/Q

im not sure which side im going to take on this one because brett favre just had one of the best seasons of his career (if not the best). With the youngest team in the NFL that almost made it to the super bowl. So this off season i really didnt think about the decision on favre, on him to retire or not, because out of all the years he could have retired this one seemed like the obvious one that he would come back for sure. But on the other hand after he retired i thought he was never the guy who would come out retirement to play again, so i just forgot about it and went on to this season with aaron rodgers. After ota's and mini camp and heading into training camp i never really thought about favre and on espn everyone was saying that rodgers was the leader now. so i got the feeling that he should be the quarterback for the next decade. immediatley after this favre stuff came out i s was so happy that he might return but now as i look at it it kind of evens out an i dont know which side to take.

DieHardColtsfan
07-03-2008, 08:54 PM
remember even if he comes back, he did him self in! Can you say madden cover?:speechless:

Chitown packfan
07-04-2008, 12:10 PM
I am ready for the Aaron Rodgers era to begin, as much as I love Favre it is time to move on. If he wants back into the game I say we get what we can for him and continue rowing our ship. We can not mess up the chemistry that is being built right now with A-Rodg and the rest of the team.

Ryan Diesel
07-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Chemistry?? All the veterans are calling for Favre to come back because they see Rodgers play in practice and know he can't get us to the Super Bowl this year. What if A-Rod starts out 1-4, or gets hurt. How would you like that for team chemistry?

Ryan Diesel
07-04-2008, 02:06 PM
I know every veteran on the team's gotta be thinking, how long until TT decides to move on without me? How long until TT starts forcing me out the door.

hughest4
07-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Chemistry?? All the veterans are calling for Favre to come back because they see Rodgers play in practice and know he can't get us to the Super Bowl this year. What if A-Rod starts out 1-4, or gets hurt. How would you like that for team chemistry?

Sure maybe a lot of the veterans are calling for Favre to come back, but maybe a lot of the young guys want A-Rod as the QB. We are the youngest team in the league so it could divide the locker room if Favre returns. Even though i would love to see him play again, i feel this is a major concern.

I know every veteran on the team's gotta be thinking, how long until TT decides to move on without me? How long until TT starts forcing me out the door.

I'm sure there are veterans on every other team in the league thinking the same exact thing...Its part of the game

RcrkllrH2
07-04-2008, 08:39 PM

how sure are you that "all the veterans are calling for brett to come back"

have you spoken to them?

has anyone?

all we have to go on is what al harris said...and some little snippets of media

im getting annoyed at everyone saying things like this and making huge assumptions about the situation that they shouldnt make

and im not calling you out specifically, everyone is doing this....media, fans, casual observers are all saying "the packers dont want him....ted thompson has been wanting him gone for years....hes gonna go to the vikings...hes gonna go to the bears...." the fact of the matter is we dont know anything, no one does....cuz no one has said anything. favre never said "i am coming back" (and he never said "im not either...) the packers never said "brett come back we want you bad" (nor did they say the opposite) veterans haven't said "we need brett here and if he comes back we would welcome him" (nor have they said the opposite of that either)

so bottom line is....we can say things all we want, and we can think and give opinions, but its general statements like this that everyone assumes is fact that NEEDS TO STOP

Sams
07-07-2008, 11:04 PM
With all due respect Packer fans, I've been a Farve fan a long time. Went to see him play at Southern Miss. many times-I love to see him play.But, there's no future with him at QB.Brett needs to stay retired and on top.I hope Rodgers is the answer, good luck Packers!!!!!

tcblaska
07-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Let's get real, Favre had an awesome year last season. How many tight ballgames did he personally have a hand in winning? Denver? San Diego? C'mon, he is this team. Also, don't forget the fact that we had NO running game in the first half of the year, and the Pack was 7-1 after a tough schedule. That was all Favre's doing on offense coupled with good defense. I do like Rodgers and do think that he will make a solid pro, but this is Favre we're talking about here, not some washed up scrub. We can win, and we can win now. Without Brett, there is no telling what happens. #4 can still play at peak level, and we know this. We know he will put on the pads and compete every single week. He hasn't missed a game since 1992 for f'ing sake. I'll admit, it is fustrating that he has done this guessing game for the past few years, but if he wants to play, we know that he will play harder than anyone else on the field...and most likely better than anyone else on the field. Ted Thompson has done a great job of rebuilding the team, but he really needs to communicate with Brett and make a decision here. This team's blood is pumped through Favre's heart, not TT's or anyone else's. If Favre wants in, he's in. He can win, winning is what we want, and there is nobody more fun to watch than #4 on Sundays. I feel bad for Rodgers, but this is the NFL, not sensitivity training. I say f*&$ you morons who think the Pack is better without Brett...go cheer for the Bears or some other loser team.

socalpkrbkr
07-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Amen to the previous post.

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Let's get real, Favre had an awesome year last season. How many tight ballgames did he personally have a hand in winning? Denver? San Diego? C'mon, he is this team. Also, don't forget the fact that we had NO running game in the first half of the year, and the Pack was 7-1 after a tough schedule. That was all Favre's doing on offense coupled with good defense. I do like Rodgers and do think that he will make a solid pro, but this is Favre we're talking about here, not some washed up scrub. We can win, and we can win now. Without Brett, there is no telling what happens. #4 can still play at peak level, and we know this. We know he will put on the pads and compete every single week. He hasn't missed a game since 1992 for f'ing sake. I'll admit, it is fustrating that he has done this guessing game for the past few years, but if he wants to play, we know that he will play harder than anyone else on the field...and most likely better than anyone else on the field. Ted Thompson has done a great job of rebuilding the team, but he really needs to communicate with Brett and make a decision here. This team's blood is pumped through Favre's heart, not TT's or anyone else's. If Favre wants in, he's in. He can win, winning is what we want, and there is nobody more fun to watch than #4 on Sundays. I feel bad for Rodgers, but this is the NFL, not sensitivity training. I say f*&$ you morons who think the Pack is better without Brett...go cheer for the Bears or some other loser team.

Hallelujah

packerfan4life
07-09-2008, 12:34 AM
After listening to all this stuff for a couple weeks or however long it has been (seems like weeks, lol) I think the right decision would be to bring Favre back. There are a few reasons why:

1. He is a legend. This guy has been the heart and soul of the franchise for years, and now you want to turn your back on him? Maybe if he had a bad year and he was not performing at his "star" capability it would be different, but he is what made this team run last year.

2. He was forced to retire. I really believe he did not want to retire, but felt that the management wanted him out. They want a fresh start without the burden of him deciding whether it's time to stay or go. If you were forced to quit a great job you had because your boss felt they needed to start fresh, wouldn't you want to come back to it, especially since you love that job and all of your co-workers?

3. Most importantly, he gives us the best chance to win NOW. I don't want to sit here and wait while we see what Aaron Rodgers can do. I think he will be a good quarterback, but still believe he needs playing experience and time to get there. Even when he becomes that good quarterback, he still would be no Brett Favre. Teams everywhere talk about how winning now is the most important thing, unless you are really rebuilding. We have rebuilt for practically 3 years. We have a solid D, a good RB, great WR crew, and above average special teams. The only thing missing is the quarterback to get you over the top, and how long will it take for Rodgers to develop into that? Favre knows what it takes, has what it takes, and gives the Packers the best chance at winning NOW.

This is why I believe that if Favre wants to come back, LET HIM BACK! I'll gladly ride the retirement roller coaster in exchange for a Superbowl win.

darkhorse27
07-09-2008, 09:56 PM
I agree with everything packerfan4life just said... also i hope Farve jerks Ted Thompson around since TT deserves it for not encouraging farve to play or getting an stupid free agents...

REMEMBER we where a 4th round pick away from Randy Moss TT didn't have the balls to help farve out and i believe cost us a trip to the Super Bowl for who Allen Barbre...

sizzleraa
07-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Brett Favre asks for his unconditional release from the Packers. Even us in Chicago know you shouldn't disrespect a legend if he wants to come back. They should ride his coattails as long as they can! With Favre gone G.B. is off the map. The bears should throw the farm at him. :Pay him whatever he wants, steal all those Packer Fans. We hate the Pack with a passion but respect Brett Favre. Way to lose your livin Legend cheeseheads, he's ours now!!!!!!

iam brett favre
07-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Should probably be posted here, to avoid confusion. New news meaning like any new rumors or articles regarding Favre, and coming back or not coming back.

hughest4
07-11-2008, 11:58 PM
This thread really isnt needed. If there is new news you can post it in the Official Brett Favre thread or if its big news it probably deserves it's own thread. Something like this would get so jumbled up and it would be confusing and hectic. I'm merging it. Sorry

iam brett favre
07-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Yeah sorry, I thought that it may get merged, its ok.

the real dose
07-12-2008, 10:15 AM
How can the PACKERS say no to Favre its like the bulls sayin no to MJ being a bears fan I would have to say if Aaron Rodgers comes in and totally blows it how are the packers ever gonna come to terms that they said no to someone who is so big in Green Bay Aaron Rodgers hasnt showed bad signs but neither has showed great signs and sorry the ONE game against the Cowboys dosent mean garbage even Grossman has showed potential once

Lombardi is screamin at the PACKERS from up north!!!

Chicago welcomes you Brett Favre!!!

robdizzle3
07-13-2008, 05:53 PM
If Favre went to the Vikes or the Bears I would almost and I do say almost have to say the F you word to Favre beacuse that is the lowest you can go.If the Packhad an agreement on Favre coming back in March and he retired that is his problem and then when he wants to come back when we are set with what we are doing just makes everything so complicated.With that said I want Favre back even though I do feel bad for A-Rod but like Big Ben said Bret is Brett and you take him back no matter what but like everyone has said I dont know if Brett comes back for us

Chitown packfan
07-15-2008, 01:14 PM
What do we do now? This situation is getting very ugly and it doesn't seem to be getting a new face lift anytime soon. I, like many would love for Brett to come back. Who the hell are we to believe when we hear that Ted and Mike were ready to go to MS because Brett was ready to come back and then we hear that he suddenly called off the meeting because he didn't want to come back. Then we hear that Brett is not feeling wanted at the same time we hear how TT and MM really did (not my words just what I heard) want him to come back but wanted to know before the draft.

I would just like to see some positive news come from this ordeal but I am not holding my breath.

And to those who think he is going to the Bears/Vikings...never...

newdude
07-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Look at Pic:

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Brett-Favre/photo//080717/483/eba5c408b0014d958860c7455496c6d2//s:/ap/20080717/ap_on_fe_st/odd_favre_maze;_ylt=AsLmkJUiuzE53gB4QExgArcuQE4F

J/K but if u had a chance, would u come see it? LOL.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080717/ap_on_fe_st/odd_favre_maze;_ylt=AtaWvskqIJc1viJSkb.m38HtiBIF

ELEVA, Wis. - Carlene and Duane Schultz decided to use Brett Favre's image in their corn maze after he announced his retirement in the spring. And even though Favre's desire to be released from the Packers has created controversy, Carlene Schultz thinks people will be open to going through the maze when it opens Sept. 1.

It looks pretty impressive:D

Soop
07-17-2008, 09:56 PM
LOL...that was cool to do, but I wouldn't go see it in person. I just saw the photo and that was enough for me.

Donofat
07-17-2008, 11:43 PM
so i was at this site, i cant remember the exact name (reckless t-shirts or something) and the shirt said "Bring Back Brett". (http://www.recklessts.com/bringbackbrett.html) I thought it was pretty cool and was wondering what other cool/funny Favre or Packers T-shirt others had found.

Soop
07-18-2008, 12:05 AM
It's not a T-shirt but it's funny.

click here (http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z34/bu115fan23/?action=view&current=favrepbj.png)

Greenngld
07-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Here's an interesting video on Brett. Does Brett know his role?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/18/murphy-supports-coach-and-gm-favre-goes-silent/

XJW18
07-20-2008, 09:51 PM
He got a Standing Ovation at the ESPY's when recieving his award for best record breaking performance!

congrats Brett!

Greenngld
07-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Four months ago, the news of Brett Favre’s retirement was met with almost universal respect for the longtime Packers quarterback and future Hall of Famer.

But now that Favre is waffling about a comeback, that respect is, in some quarters, turning to ridicule.

Darren Rovell of CNBC reports that the Augusta GreenJackets, a Single-A baseball team, have become the first minor league team to make fun of Favre as a ticket promotion.

To poke fun at Favre as a flip flopper, the GreenJackets will give away a pair of flip flops to the first 100 fans at the team’s August 4 game. They will also retire Favre’s No. 4 jersey, and then un-retire it on August 5. Fan contests incorporating the Lambeau Leap as well as the “Strahan Sack” will be part of the festivities.

What does it all mean? Mostly, it’s just a goofy and kinda funny minor league baseball promotion. But it’s also a reminder that no matter what Favre ultimately decides to do, his inability to make up his mind about retirement has made him the butt of jokes across the country.

socalpkrbkr
07-21-2008, 05:44 PM
I would fall asleep before the 7th inning stretch. A minor league ballgame... no thanks.

oscark
07-21-2008, 06:01 PM
it would have to be more entertaining then watching the packers without farve.

socalpkrbkr
07-21-2008, 06:12 PM
it would have to be more entertaining then watching the packers without farve.

NEVER

twelvePack
07-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Four months ago, the news of Brett Favre’s retirement was met with almost universal respect for the longtime Packers quarterback and future Hall of Famer.

But now that Favre is waffling about a comeback, that respect is, in some quarters, turning to ridicule.

Darren Rovell of CNBC reports that the Augusta GreenJackets, a Single-A baseball team, have become the first minor league team to make fun of Favre as a ticket promotion.

To poke fun at Favre as a flip flopper, the GreenJackets will give away a pair of flip flops to the first 100 fans at the team’s August 4 game. They will also retire Favre’s No. 4 jersey, and then un-retire it on August 5. Fan contests incorporating the Lambeau Leap as well as the “Strahan Sack” will be part of the festivities.

What does it all mean? Mostly, it’s just a goofy and kinda funny minor league baseball promotion. But it’s also a reminder that no matter what Favre ultimately decides to do, his inability to make up his mind about retirement has made him the butt of jokes across the country.

Stupid, Augusta is in Georgia too, isn't it? What are they mad about, the fact that the Falcons traded him away? Funny they would poke fun at an NFL QB, especially, after what Vick did for the Falcons. I'm surprised a single A team actually draws a 100 fans anyway.

mr. burns
07-21-2008, 08:09 PM
this is all just stupid. When favre starts the first game for whatever team, this will all be forgotten. he changed his mind, big deal. In a few years this will hardly be remebered. It's not like a reitred and came back years later and tried to make another run at it. He didn't even miss an f'n game.

MaloDaw9
07-22-2008, 07:42 PM
im not a packer fan but i have had farve on my fantasy team for two yearz..i grew to like watching him play a great deal and the guy is a legend and has earned the right to play or retire or watever he wantz..if he wants to work its his decision. i think itz sick how the packers are treating him.

play him or trade him..and deal with it!

beast
07-22-2008, 08:01 PM
im not a packer fan but i have had farve on my fantasy team for two yearz..i grew to like watching him play a great deal and the guy is a legend and has earned the right to play or retire or watever he wantz..if he wants to work its his decision. i think itz sick how the packers are treating him.

play him or trade him..and deal with it!

It would be nice it you knew the facts.

Packers have, Welcome Favre back to the team, but Favre has not come.

The Packers have since try to trade him, Favre vetoed the teams.

It's not the Packers it's Favre. He can't make up his mind.

If he wanted to come back to the Packers, all he would have to do, is send a letter the the NFL office. He hasn't done that. Until he does that, the Packers can't play him. The Packers could trade him, but Favre has said no to every trade so far offed.

socalpkrbkr
07-22-2008, 08:31 PM
It would be nice it you knew the facts.

Packers have, Welcome Favre back to the team, but Favre has not come.

The Packers have since try to trade him, Favre vetoed the teams.

It's not the Packers it's Favre. He can't make up his mind.

If he wanted to come back to the Packers, all he would have to do, is send a letter the the NFL office. He hasn't done that. Until he does that, the Packers can't play him. The Packers could trade him, but Favre has said no to every trade so far offed.

Brett was welcomed back to the team but the front office (TT) wasn't sure what role that would be.

Please provide me a link to where you get your info that the Packers have tried to trade Brett and Brett vetoed the teams that the Packers tried trading him to.

and yes, Brett has made up his mind last time I heard from him. He wants to play football this season. Where, with the Packers obviously. If that’s not to be the case, which at this point it seems to be, then with another team.

PackerFan4Ever
07-24-2008, 10:10 PM
after watching the highlights from the shareholder meeting I WANT BRETT BACK

**** TT i hate him and i swear to god if i had one free shot at him id knock out a few teeth of his out...not like he will need them. MM MM2 (the prez) and TT are all pieces of ****. **** ANYONE WHO THINKS ITS NOT FAIR TO RODGERS...ill take favre one more year any day over a decent career in rodgers.. Favre is the packers face it. Favre is larger than the organization. I WANT BRETT BACK

socalpkrbkr
07-24-2008, 10:18 PM
I hate to burst your bubble but NO ONE PERSON OR PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE GREEN BAY PACKERS.

newdude
07-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Well Favre isn't bigger than the team, but he did revitalize the team and kept it afloat for so long, so I believe he should receive more respect from the team and fans.

But whatever, I want him back also :cry: and not with that backup crap.

socalpkrbkr
07-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Well Favre isn't bigger than the team, but he did revitalize the team and kept it afloat for so long, so I believe he should receive more respect from the team and fans.

But whatever, I want him back also :cry: and not with that backup crap.

You know it as well as everyone else, there's no way Brett is going to come back to our team and be the back up. If he comes back to our team he will be the starter. Like twelvepack said in another thread, the fans will freak out and burn that mother :censored: down if we have to see Brett riding pine.

Another one that I can't believe I said in the same sentence. Brett and pine............WTF!!!!!!!!! Sorry Brett

newdude
07-24-2008, 10:36 PM
You know it as well as everyone else, there's no way Brett is going to come back to our team and be the back up. If he comes back to our team he will be the starter. Like twelvepack said in another thread, the fans will freak out and burn that mother :censored: down if we have to see Brett riding pine.

Another one that I can't believe I said in the same sentence. Brett and pine............WTF!!!!!!!!! Sorry Brett

I hear ya, but as each day passes the situation seems to get worse and TT's and Favre's hatred for one another grows.

socalpkrbkr
07-24-2008, 10:44 PM
I hear ya, but as each day passes the situation seems to get worse and TT's and Favre's hatred for one another grows.

Yup and all I get is elevated blood pressure to show for it.

otownpack
07-24-2008, 10:45 PM
guys like brett favre hold teams together, you guys say he's not bigger than the team but look at it like this maybe we don't win one this year well we got driver both tackles both corners all over the age of 30 so how long will it be till we scrap them and go with there younger replacements, and also how many free agents you think will want to sign with us, that is saying that we go after any, there is goin to be a slight drop off just becasue of the difference in how brett and aaron play that is saying that aaron is as good as all the hype, the same hype he didn't really live up to in college, the same hype that had him in the top 5 and let him drop to 24th over all and what happends if we go into a tale spin and have a bad season witch is possible in the NFL what happends to this team the question is is it us moving on with brett or is this setting a trend of us not wanting to spend money?

socalpkrbkr
07-24-2008, 10:51 PM
My boy is from Oakland and he's a big Cal fan. He has seen Rodgers play every game that he played for Cal. He thinks Brett is the way to go. He says "Aaron is good but as we all know he's not 'Favre' good." This **** sucks!

newdude
07-24-2008, 11:39 PM
My boy is from Oakland and he's a big Cal fan. He has seen Rodgers play every game that he played for Cal. He thinks Brett is the way to go. He says "Aaron is good but as we all know he's not 'Favre' good." This **** sucks!

Oh, more great news for the "future".:(

iam brett favre
07-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Not to be a jerk, but Im not that concerned when your boy says he's not that good.

socalpkrbkr
07-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Not to be a jerk, but Im not that concerned when your boy says he's not that good.

I guess you could take that a couple of different ways. No one is Favre good. He wasn't saying that Rodgers isn't good either. Is that a bit clearer now?

ryanph30
07-25-2008, 12:59 AM
I guess you could take that a couple of different ways. No one is Favre good. He wasn't saying that Rodgers isn't good either. Is that a bit clearer now?

I thought that was a given....

aweburntigers
07-26-2008, 03:07 PM
In a time where glitz and glamour are more popular than hard work and ethics, Brett Favre is a welcomed relief. Brett is always popular in interviews, always popular in public forums. His longevity and success is a good model for young athletes. Brett's fought his demons, lost some battles, but came back to win the war. I live in the South, born in Ga., grew up in Mobile, Al. now reside in Ms. Football is right behind Jesus where I live, and that's on Sunday mornings not Friday night, Saturday or Sunday afternoon! Brett brings to the whole world the passion the south has for football. Matched with the storied Green Bay Packers it's a football explosian every time Brett takes the field. I woulod hate to see Brett run out in Viking purple or Bear black, but what would be worse is for this seasoned warrior to have to not run out at all when he still has the magic. When TT or MM are dead and gone, the only memory of them will be tied to Brett Favre. So mr. GM let Brett go, don't deprive the world of our modern day hero!

BrewCityBuck
07-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Brett Favre's my favorite player of all-time, no doubt about it, but to sit there and call him a hero, and a champion of ethics is borderline ridiculous. He's a football player, lets leave it at that.

4favre4
07-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Brett Favre's my favorite player of all-time, no doubt about it, but to sit there and call him a hero, and a champion of ethics is borderline ridiculous. He's a football player, lets leave it at that.

He is a hero, champ of ethics and all of that just because you think he handled one thing wrong you want to sit here and say Brett is not a man of ethics and a hero that is ridiculous.
TT made Brett do this thing the way he did.
You are not behind the sences so you don't know what is being said to Brett.
You guys on here need to relize no body is not a human in football we all do things wrong stop turning on our heros.

Warpy1981
07-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Brett Favre is no hero. I think we need to look at what a real hero is. I haven't ever heard of him taking a bullet for anybody, like a soldier. He hasn't had to stand in the face of real adversity and change something that was wrong, like Dr. King. He hasn't dedicated his life to helping the poor, sick, needy, orphaned and dieing, like Mother Theresa.

Maybe we need to check our definition of hero. Getting paid many millions of dollars to play a GAME should not be our definition of hero. In 50 years his accomplishments will be a side note whereas these other true hero's will live on.

newdude
07-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Brett Favre is no hero. I think we need to look at what a real hero is. I haven't ever heard of him taking a bullet for anybody, like a soldier. He hasn't had to stand in the face of real adversity and change something that was wrong, like Dr. King. He hasn't dedicated his life to helping the poor, sick, needy, orphaned and dieing, like Mother Theresa.

Maybe we need to check our definition of hero. Getting paid many millions of dollars to play a GAME should not be our definition of hero. In 50 years his accomplishments will be a side note whereas these other true hero's will live on.

U really don't know how something little like the game of football can affect someone. A hero don't need to risk his life to be considered one. Favre has brought millions to charities and help countless, even if it appear to be a small matter in ur eyes, it might be a life-changing event in someone else's. :)

JOE WE WANT 27
07-27-2008, 04:50 PM
anyone think thats where he will wind up

enordrum
07-27-2008, 05:03 PM
The Jets are not a contender so, no.

darwin31
07-27-2008, 05:07 PM
The Jets are not a contender so, no.

If you are Favre, dont you think that you make the Jets a contender? I think it will be the Bucs though.

Ryan Diesel
07-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Favre just said he doesn't want to play for either of those scrub teams. He wants to play for the Packers, but at least someone decent if Thompson won't allow that.

wwfd1220
07-27-2008, 07:05 PM
funny thing is, tt is worried about his job if favre comes back. i think he should worry about his job if favre doesnt come back. or if he ends up within the division. he deserves to play here, he gives us the best option to win (even tt knows he will beat out rodgers in camp) why the **** is tt screwing the green bay fans like this

kb24ap28
07-31-2008, 02:06 PM
If you are Favre, dont you think that you make the Jets a contender? I think it will be the Bucs though.

no he thinks hel make the vikes contenders which is way he reportedly wants to play there

#4=GOAT
08-01-2008, 01:06 AM
thanks to gb looks like he wont be playing for anybody...(takin the money and runnin) which is the best solution although unfortunate...cuz hes still got a couple fastballs left

Dodgerluvsgtown
08-01-2008, 02:44 AM
As A Packer fan since 1983 I hope Brett does the right thing for us and him and takes the money he is being offered and goes back to MS. and is happy for the rest of his life. Because if he comes to Lambaux As a Viking. i have to root for KGB. to knock him out.. and that won't make me feel good at all..

Martz
08-01-2008, 04:15 AM
Look, this is the one thread i could care less if people agree or people add on too. This is not for recognition or anything else but to get the word out. Brett Favre has been a baby thru this entire ordeal. A griant vagina if you ask me. If the moderator's think it's bad that i said that i'm sorry and i will corect that. I am Packer Fan before i am a Brett Favre fan.

But as far as the packers go to "Bribe" brett into staying retired is insane. IF A GUY WANT'S TO PLAY...FIND A PLACE ANYWHERE WHERE HE FITS. Favre will forever be my favorite player. Unfortunetly i will always remember what a douche he is instead of a hero he is. But if the rest is true....HOW CAN YOU TUST IS YOUR MANAGEMENT TO ENSURE THAT THE BEST TEAM IS PLAYED POWERED....when you bench Brett Favre. Get rid of this problem as fast as you can. I could car less what Packer Nation thinks of my post....and it will be the only one EVER!

musclemenace
08-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Obviously not a Packer fan, but who isn't a fan of the legendary Brett Favre?

Anyway, I was curious if anyone has heard anything regarding him showing up to practice today. Apparently, he took a flight out to Packer camp for practice yesterday (expected to show up today).

Any news? Did he show up? :confused:

BrewCityBuck
08-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Any news? Did he show up? :confused:

If Favre did show up ESPN would fly half of it's NFL reporters there for by the second reports and commentary. So no, not yet. :D

augipitcher3
08-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Ok, so the report I saw on NFL.com pretty much said if Favre can't play for the Pack he wants to play for the Vikings. So what do you think the % chance of these things happening is. (On opening day I put my thoughts in)

Start for Packers 5%
Bench for Packers 30%
Start for Vikings 25%
Stay Retired 30%
Start for Different Team 10%

wwfd1220
08-02-2008, 10:07 PM
REPORT: FAVRE TO TAKE THE MONEY
Posted by Mike Florio on August 2, 2008, 6:27 p.m. EDT
Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Packers quarterback Brett Favre currently plans to accept the Packers’ shameless bribe marketing deal and un-unretire from the NFL.

Schefter points out that the decision isn’t final, and that it could change and has changed already. As of right now, however, Favre’s inclination is to take the money and not run. Or throw.

Meanwhile, Chris Mortensen of ESPN recently reported that Commissioner Roger Goodell asked for a resolution of the situation by the end of the day on Saturday, and that the Packers are hoping that Favre doesn’t report in time for a Sunday night scrimmage at Lambeau Field. Mort says that family members are urging Favre to get on a plane for Green Bay on Sunday.

As we see it, it’s possible that Favre is putting out the word that he’s taking the money so that he can call a press conference on Sunday and declare that it’s not about the money, it’s never been about the money, and he wants to play football.

We’re told that, if Favre shows up, the team’s plan is to put him at the bottom of the depth chart, continue to try to trade him, and if they can’t they’ll cut him on the eve of the regular season opener.

well here it is. the latest news is he is maybe gonna take the money. or he might show up tomorrow for the scrimmage. if it is the later, he will be cut without any compensation and probably sign with the vikings. sounds good to me. way to go packers management you guys definitely gave it your all. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

wwfd1220
08-02-2008, 10:13 PM
well i guess if anything good comes out of this report. it is that if they cut favre and he chooses to go to minnesota. then the revolt lies on him, instead of the organization as it would if they were to trade him to the vikings. although i do hope he just opps to take the retirement package. if he wants to play, then he should play.

iam brett favre
08-03-2008, 01:14 AM
This can be moved to the Favre thread if needed.

Obvouisly, I am not happy with this at all. This is my worst nightmare. Favre wanting to come back, and TT wont let him? If he is on another team, it would pretty much ruin this season for me. Now, as much as I HATE TT, and am against this, I have been thinking about why he is not letting Favre come back.. I am not justifying if, I am just trying to look at it in a way that can make sense. If Favre comes back as the starter, Rodgers will no doubt be very unhappy. Next year, I belive Rodgers contract is up, and if he is overthrown by Favre, I believe there's no doubt he goes to the FA market, and we would be stuck with Brohm, and Flynn, 2 people with zero NFL experience. I honestly think thats the biggest thing in TT's decision, the fact that he knows Rodgers would never want to play for them again if Favre comes back as the starter.. I am not saying I agree with TT AT ALL, I WANT FAVRE BACK!, but that could be an explanation that makes some sort of sense.. sorry for this big long paragraph, and making its own thread, i just wanted to see if you guys agree with me.

newdude
08-03-2008, 01:26 AM
This can be moved to the Favre thread if needed.

Obvouisly, I am not happy with this at all. This is my worst nightmare. Favre wanting to come back, and TT wont let him? If he is on another team, it would pretty much ruin this season for me. Now, as much as I HATE TT, and am against this, I have been thinking about why he is not letting Favre come back.. I am not justifying if, I am just trying to look at it in a way that can make sense. If Favre comes back as the starter, Rodgers will no doubt be very unhappy. Next year, I belive Rodgers contract is up, and if he is overthrown by Favre, I believe there's no doubt he goes to the FA market, and we would be stuck with Brohm, and Flynn, 2 people with zero NFL experience. I honestly think thats the biggest thing in TT's decision, the fact that he knows Rodgers would never want to play for them again if Favre comes back as the starter.. I am not saying I agree with TT AT ALL, I WANT FAVRE BACK!, but that could be an explanation that makes some sort of sense.. sorry for this big long paragraph, and making its own thread, i just wanted to see if you guys agree with me.

Yes, that's the "moving on" part, but Rodgers is still stuck with us even when his contract is up. I think he's a restricted FA, so he is going nowhere unless a trade. And if he is "overthrown" by Favre, that would mean Brohm and Flynn will get a year of experience while Favre plays, and who knows, Favre might stick around for another year afer that, so they'll have 2 years of exp.
:)

iam brett favre
08-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Im not saying I agree, Im just trying to rationalize TT's thinking a little bit.. if thats possible :pity:.
I :pray: Favre starts for us.

ryanph30
08-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Did this really need it's own thread? This forum is already cluttered enough.

BTW I don't think TT cares what you want. :shrug:

meandering
08-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Whats there NOT to understand? He has been added to the roster as the BACK UP! Get over yourselves.....you make me want to puke as bad as Brett does.

**** him....period. He started this mess, and we will finish it!

Whats he going to do keep calling the commissioner.....****ing crybaby that he is. He got what he wanted, the smell of a lockerroom....the smell of grass.......watching football with Brohm and Flynn waving at Deanna?
Got your popcorn ready?

meandering
08-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I actually hope he is put on the pup list after they fail him on his hip!

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Whats there NOT to understand? He has been added to the roster as the BACK UP! Get over yourselves.....you make me want to puke as bad as Brett does.

**** him....period. He started this mess, and we will finish it !

Whats he going to do keep calling the commissioner.....****ing crybaby that he is. He got what he wanted, the smell of a lockerroom....the smell of grass.......watching football with Brohm and Flynn waving at Deanna?
Got your popcorn ready?

ted ... is that you ???????

wwfd1220
08-03-2008, 05:45 PM
i am not so sure it is a bad thing if brohm takes over, and rodgers leaves town. they are both unproven in my opinion

WickedBadMan
08-03-2008, 06:40 PM
I hate when people say "we" when they represent maybe 1-2 % of an overall opinion. Especially when it is as stupid as that one.

freaKonAleasH
08-03-2008, 11:44 PM
i think brett favre is ruining his reputation, i know he is good and can still play, but he put us in a diffulct spot...i think he should just retire and take the 20 mil

Brooke
08-04-2008, 12:43 PM
^ he wants to play that is right. Why should he take the money when that isn't what he wants, he doesnt care about the money, he just wants to play football

Badger's Badger
08-04-2008, 10:02 PM
^ he wants to play that is right. Why should he take the money when that isn't what he wants, he doesnt care about the money, he just wants to play football

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ohiobackground
08-05-2008, 01:25 PM
What I don't get is if they (Packers) are sooooo high on Rogers, why did they draft another QB ??? it comes down to winning and putting the best tema on the field. Farve is a million times better then Rogers and gives you the best chance to win this year...... MJ wanted to come back and the Bulls said C'mon in ! The Packers should have done the same because he gives the Packers the best chance to win !!!!

BrewCityBuck
08-05-2008, 02:52 PM
What I don't get is if they (Packers) are sooooo high on Rogers, why did they draft another QB ??? it comes down to winning and putting the best tema on the field. Farve is a million times better then Rogers and gives you the best chance to win this year...... MJ wanted to come back and the Bulls said C'mon in ! The Packers should have done the same because he gives the Packers the best chance to win !!!!

We drafted other QB's because behind Aaron Rodgers we literally had nothing behind him before the draft, and the FA/available QB's that were out there were to put it bluntly, just awful.

At some point you have to let the young guy have his chance.

Sounds like you'd be the fan, if Don Majkowski had stayed healthy, 'Don't play Brett Favre, Don Majkowski is the proven guy.'....

wissportsfan
08-05-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't know if this has been reported or not but in a blog on jsonline it said that Favre will not be at practice today. He already left after talking to MM.

ohiobackground
08-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Brett listened to his annoying wife and retired. He then sat around and had to listen to her "Bed, Bath and Beyond " stories for a few months and couldn't wait to get out of the house. The Packers management staff moved forward and either let him go or start him. No in between. (Let him go I mean trade) ...... It just shows that noboduy is above the team.

Havoc Wreaker
08-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Have fun trying to win with Aaron :-p

mlesnet
08-06-2008, 04:30 PM
i wouldnt after all the twist and turns that we have been getting daily...

newdude
08-06-2008, 05:04 PM
I wish :cry:

BrewCityBuck
08-06-2008, 05:06 PM
You have to be pretty dense to believe in that fantasy.

XJW18
08-06-2008, 05:33 PM
i wouldnt after all the twist and turns that we have been getting daily...

its not gonna happen man..

BG7
08-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Favre's too scared to compete for the job, so it's not going to happen.

newdude
08-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Favre's too scared to compete for the job, so it's not going to happen.

Scared? Scared? Seriously? Lol.

bball44016
08-06-2008, 05:57 PM
scared of rodgers? not a chance..rodgers is a good qb but even at 38 favre is still way better.. rodgers doesnt have an accurate arm past 15 yards.. favre doesnt want to compete ..its pointless for him to try because with tt running the show packers wont see a big free agent or bretty favre start for them ever again..My thing is ..If your that more confident that Rodgers is your better chance.. than trade Favre to the Vikings and prove it.. play him 2ce in the same year and beat him

DOCTORAPK
08-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Brett is almost assuredly out...and with him the last player from the Super Bowl Championship team.

And not just out...Kicked out.

Picture what's going to happen when defenses go right thru College and Moll. Rodgers will be running for his life. Without a quick release and a strong arm ...fans will finally see exactly what Rodgers can do. I discount the Cowboys game from last year as the Cowboys had not seen or prepared for Aaron. Next time, they will be prepared.

It's a pity. The city of Green bay owns the team..and they put their trust in the new "three stooges".

sieracki24
08-06-2008, 07:33 PM
0.001% chance he plays here in GB

mortgageman
08-06-2008, 08:03 PM
To anyone who doesn't belive in god Brett back in G.B. would be concrete proof he is real cause all of our prayers would be answered

wissportsfan
08-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I would be very surprised.

ryanph30
08-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Seriously man move on, it's over. He is never playing in a Packers uniform again. Move on.

newdude
08-07-2008, 08:52 PM
"An NFL official told me this morning that, at this pace, so many No. 4 Favre jerseys have been sold that he's expected to set the record for the most jerseys sold of a single player in a 24-hour period.

The official also told me that so many jerseys have been ordered that NFLShop.com is also expected to set a single day revenue record as well."

http://withleather.uproxx.com/post.phtml?pk=6586

I know some of u ordered it or wanting to:D

BrewCityBuck
08-07-2008, 09:58 PM
I kind of stopped wearing jerseys when I was like 13....:laugh2:

socalpkrbkr
08-07-2008, 10:14 PM
"An NFL official told me this morning that, at this pace, so many No. 4 Favre jerseys have been sold that he's expected to set the record for the most jerseys sold of a single player in a 24-hour period.

The official also told me that so many jerseys have been ordered that NFLShop.com is also expected to set a single day revenue record as well."

http://withleather.uproxx.com/post.phtml?pk=6586

I know some of u ordered it or wanting to:D

Yeah its not too hard to believe that at all. Brett is a living legend and is now on a new team which is incentive for a lot of people to buy one. As for myself I wouldn't be caught dead in one.

I kind of stopped wearing jerseys when I was like 13....:laugh2:

Not me, I've got a jersey on every game day.

iam brett favre
08-07-2008, 11:07 PM
:sigh:

JKB
08-11-2008, 04:26 PM
"Thompson wasn't willing to sign Randy Moss, hire Steve Mariucci and kiss Favre's ring all in the same motion"....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=3523451

socalpkrbkr
08-11-2008, 04:32 PM
^That's plagiarism

JKB
08-11-2008, 04:36 PM
^That's plagiarism

fixed...:o

JOE WE WANT 27
08-11-2008, 08:45 PM
thank god hes a jet thank god

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Allen Barra of the Wall Street Journal apparently has had enough of the Brett Favre matter. Taking note of Favre's arrival last week in New York, Barra had this to say:

"It would have been refreshing if at least one of the worshipful media folk at the press conference had replied, 'Well, actually, Brett, you're here because after months of vacillating on your retirement and putting the Packers through hell - and forcing them into using a valuable draft pick on an extra quarterback because they didn't know whether you'd be playing for them this season - you tried to bully them into either making you the starter or trading you to a team of your choice. Like a prima donna, you put your own desires ahead of the welfare of the organization to which you professed loyalty. Now you've been dumped on one of the NFL's most desperate franchises because no one else wanted you.'"

Well, OK. Barra goes on to say that, when you look at the statistics, the future Hall of Famer's trademark is productivity over quality.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/12/a-cranky-take-on-brett-favre.aspx
--------------------------------------------------------
Ouch!

Newest Badger
08-12-2008, 01:37 PM
That quote by Barra is probably the best Ive heard on the entire matter LOL

XJW18
08-13-2008, 01:41 AM
i tihnk its time to get rid of this thread now!

robdizzle3
08-13-2008, 02:12 AM
Yeah because I dont want to get upset all over again about the matter with dumb people making comments on Favre

hughest4
08-13-2008, 03:09 AM
Do you want to get of this thread? I was going to keep it just so we had somewhere to talk about Favre if needed but if you guys dont want it then i'll take it down. I would just rather have this then somebody make a thread if something happens with Favre

iam brett favre
08-13-2008, 03:10 AM
I think we should make an Aaron Rodgers thread :up:

socalpkrbkr
08-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Do you want to get of this thread? I was going to keep it just so we had somewhere to talk about Favre if needed but if you guys dont want it then i'll take it down. I would just rather have this then somebody make a thread if something happens with Favre

Nah keep it up here hughest4. Like you said we need a place to post about Brett. I know the Allen Barra comments may bother some people but it's good to have a place to put them rather than creating a new thread. This way we won't have a new Brett Favre thread every week.

newdude
08-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Keep it!!!!!! There are quite a few of us who would like to hear how he is doing. No harm in keeping a stickied thread of one of the greatest Packer of all time.

Brooke
08-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Please keep it

XJW18
08-13-2008, 11:19 PM
If something happened with Brett let the Jets fans make a thread in there Forum!

iam brett favre
08-14-2008, 12:48 AM
I think it shouldnt be stickied though

newdude
08-14-2008, 12:03 PM
I really don't see why u two don't want to keep the stickied thread. He's a Pack legend, maybe the best one. It has been here awhile, it doesn't bring any clutter or nothing. And one of u have his name in ur screen-name, lol.

XJW18
08-14-2008, 08:55 PM
I really don't see why u two don't want to keep the stickied thread. He's a Pack legend, maybe the best one. It has been here awhile, it doesn't bring any clutter or nothing. And one of u have his name in ur screen-name, lol.

haha thats true!
the thread can stay, im just all about A-Rod now

newdude
08-14-2008, 08:59 PM
haha thats true!
the thread can stay, im just all about A-Rod now

Yeah, everyone is supporting Rodgers right now, we want him to do well, but like I said, it's no harm having a stickied Favre thread.:D

socalpkrbkr
08-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Brett Favre dropped back, looked downfield and launched a long spiral about 5 yards past his intended receiver. A few plays later, the Jets quarterback short-hopped a toss that thumped into the grass.

“I felt 38 today,” Favre said Wednesday after New York’s morning practice. “I’m not going to lie to you.”

Favre fired a few duds in his fifth practice since joining the Jets, saying his rocket right arm is a bit tired.

“My arm’s kind of dragging a little bit today,” Favre said. “It’s not really sore, but just fatigued. To be honest with you, I’m surprised that, I don’t want to say I feel good, that I’ve been able to make it through every practice so far.”

Favre was acquired from the Green Bay Packers late last Wednesday night, and has been practicing with the Jets since Saturday. He’s set to start Saturday’s exhibition game against the Washington Redskins.

“I didn’t throw the ball that well this morning, underthrew some throws,” Favre said. “No pain, but I’m 38 years old. It’s going to be fatigued a little bit.”
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=783134

socalpkrbkr
08-15-2008, 02:46 PM
The Green Bay Packers’ proposed $20 million marketing deal for Brett Favre included a merchandise line, autographs, personal appearances and even a blog, according to a report in The Sporting News’ online newsletter Friday.

And while Favre turned down the deal in favor of returning to play and was traded to the New York Jets last week, the Packers are expected to offer him a similar agreement once he retires for good.

“We do want to have a long-term relationship with Brett,” Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy said in a news conference after Favre was traded last week. “He will always be a Packer and he’s very important to this organization.”

According to the a draft of the agreement obtained by Sporting News Today and its sister publication, The Business Journal Serving Greater Milwaukee, the Packers’ proposed 10-year deal for Favre included a line of clothing, merchandise and collectibles. The Packers Pro Shop would have become the exclusive distributor of autographed Favre memorabilia, and Favre would sign 300 items a year for the team’s use.

Favre also would have been required to make 10 personal appearances each year — including two private hunting or golfing trips — and a blog would have been created for Favre on the team’s Web site.

The Packers began putting together a marketing deal for Favre soon after he announced his retirement in March. They are expected to revisit the idea once Favre really retires.

In a chat with fans on packers.com last week, Murphy said he intends to reach out to Favre “at the appropriate time” to finalize a formal relationship. Packers coach Mike McCarthy said last week that he would consider bringing Favre back to work with the team’s quarterbacks in training camp after his playing days are over.

“He’s a Green Bay Packer,” McCarthy said. “He wants to come back here, he wants to be welcome back here.”

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080815/PKR01/80815070/1058

It's nice to hear we're still on board with the original plan.:)

darwin31
08-15-2008, 06:11 PM
It is really starting to become sickening how the packer front office continues to try and win back public favor by releasing this info regarding Favre.

I thought they were the ones trying to "move on".

newdude
08-15-2008, 06:38 PM
It's a win-win for both parties. Favre is more than set for life and the Packers are milking his name for more $$$, but I'm still glad he'll be part of the Pack, maybe hopefully more so.

iam brett favre
08-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Favre also would have been required to make 10 personal appearances each year — including two private hunting or golfing trips — and a blog would have been created for Favre on the team’s Web site.

Does that mean that he'd go hunting and fishing with someone? Can you imagine going with Brett Favre???:jumpy:
And lol Favre a blogger?

dbroncos78087
08-16-2008, 02:09 PM
They are showing the Packers/Bengals game from 1992 on NFL Network.

IowaAJ
08-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Farve completes 1st pass he throws in 1st preseason game. 2 for 2

IowaAJ
08-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Favre throws his 1st TD pass with the Jets

hughest4
08-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Brett's day is done with the Jets. His stats were 5-6 for 47 yards and 1 td. He actually looked really good out there for the Jets and their Offense looked very good overall. It was good to see him play so well but very weird and sad to see him in that Jets uniform

socalpkrbkr
08-16-2008, 08:19 PM
I know what you mean man. These are going to be some tough times emotionally until he hangs em up.

newdude
08-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Impressive but I wanna cry :cry:

wwfd1220
08-16-2008, 09:03 PM
good job #4. i am glad he is playing, and i hope he gives the jets fans as much excitement as he gave packer fans through the years. we will all be here when he retires. good luck favre !!!!! keep that streak alive

coltsfan11
08-16-2008, 09:32 PM
He just didn't look right in that shade of green. It made me cry lol. But seriously I was happy to see that he had a good game. Nice job Brett!

Brooke
08-16-2008, 09:32 PM
^^ It is going take some getting used to for me. He did look good though

wwfd1220
08-16-2008, 10:16 PM
i miss #4 with every offensive possesion so far this evening.

robdizzle3
08-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I was cheesing so much when I saw Brett throw that touchdown pass and I am happy he is getting on track with Jets

NavajoRaiderfan
08-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Won't be long before he's the life of the party in the Big Apple. "Put er in the old vise!"

bucksbeat
08-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Can anyone say mixed emotions? Haha

Rooting for the Packers...:)
Rooting for Aaron Rodgers...:)
Rooting for Brett Favre...:)
Don't really care about the Jets...:eyebrow:
Puking seeing Brett in that uniform...:speechless:

This is kinda cool... And... It kinda sucks.

socalpkrbkr
08-17-2008, 03:53 PM
“I don’t think this has been fun at all for him,” Theismann told Fox Sports Radio, referring to Favre. “I think if he went back to Green Bay he would be in a familiar environment and would have been comfortable. Even if he went to Minnesota, he would be inspired by his vindictive nature to go back and prove something against Green Bay. Going to New York was a void-filler.

“Any doubt in your mind at this level can be very detrimental, not only to your game but also to your health,” Theismann said. “I think this is a disaster for Brett Favre. I know he wants to play, but I don’t think in his heart he’s really where he wanted to be, and therefore I don’t think it’s going to be one of those situations that can be positive. . . . His arm is sore, his legs are sore. It’s going to be a limited offense. I just don’t see it as a positive for him.”

Theismann was asked how he defined disaster.

“If they go 8-8, so what?” Theismann said. “If they go 10-6, so what? I think this is simply about Brett wanting to play football. I don’t know if it’s a case that the Jets are going to get help. They’ll use the living daylights out of him to sell PSLs (personal seat licenses) and stuff. So they will use him, he’s using them to fill a void.”
JS Online

wwfd1220
08-17-2008, 03:59 PM
that is the feeling i have too. you can almost hear it in favre's voice when he talks to the media. it is almost as though he wants to play. but not for the jets. he is playing there because that was his only option. hope he keeps his wits about him and does great out there, just to prove everyone wrong

wwfd1220
08-17-2008, 04:01 PM
almost as though he has to keep convincing himself that this was the right choice.

socalpkrbkr
08-17-2008, 04:12 PM
almost as though he has to keep convincing himself that this was the right choice.

Well we know it wasnt his first choice. I truly think he's only playing for the Jets because he made such a big deal about wanting to play again. He forced himself into playing or looking like an *** if he decided not to. Just MHO.

mets_believer
08-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Favre's fine. Everybody just needs to stop. As a lifetime Brett Favre fan ( Father has been a Packer fan for 40 years) and a bigtime Jets Fan. This is a dream come true. And after throwing that TD pass and him throwing his arms up. Then after the game signing the ball and giving it to Keller. It's obvious he's happy to be here and going to make the best of it. He's seeing this Jets team really has some talent behind them and can be a big factor here in the AFC. At 38 (going on 39) he's stepping up to the challenege, and I love it.

servais77
08-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Favre will be fine. The Jets have a nice team that is very motivated. Atleast he will have a Pro Bowl guard on his side again. If he watched the Packers interior line last night he probably just breathed a sigh of relief that he doesn't have to deal with that mess anymore.

newdude
08-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Favre's fine. Everybody just needs to stop. As a lifetime Brett Favre fan ( Father has been a Packer fan for 40 years) and a bigtime Jets Fan. This is a dream come true. And after throwing that TD pass and him throwing his arms up. Then after the game signing the ball and giving it to Keller. It's obvious he's happy to be here and going to make the best of it. He's seeing this Jets team really has some talent behind them and can be a big factor here in the AFC. At 38 (going on 39) he's stepping up to the challenege, and I love it.

That was a cool thing he did.

But wouldn't anyone be sad if they were him, not being able to play in GB after 16 seasons. But I think he is slowly warming up to the Jets though.

wwfd1220
08-17-2008, 08:17 PM
alot of packer fans want him to do well in n.y. i for one wish him nothing but the best. and yes i am jealous of you jets fans.

mets_believer
08-17-2008, 11:02 PM
That was a cool thing he did.

But wouldn't anyone be sad if they were him, not being able to play in GB after 16 seasons. But I think he is slowly warming up to the Jets though.

I could NOT agree with you more that he was upset. And I'm sure deep down inside he's still hurt. But I think by not showing up to training camp just showed that Brett Favre had more respect for the Packers then the Packers did for him in this whole situation. The guys a class act and anybody that sees otherwise is just blind.

Watching the Jets introduce him in Cleveland and Favre started talking about Green Bay, I thought he was seriously going to cry. Yes, he'll ALWAYS be a Packer at heart and if you look closely I think he's wearing a gold undershirt under his Jets uniform which I think is neat. Brett's a brutally honest guy and I think if he wasn't comfortable here he'd be the first person to tell you he's out of place. Us Jets fans will take care of him here in New York and once his time's up here, he'll hop on a plane back to Green Bay where he belongs. For now he's got some business to handle over here! People never realize that the mans MORE than just a Superstar, and a Hall of Famer. More to a team than JUST a quarterback. The guys a PROVEN leader. He doesn't get enough credit for how smart he actually is on the field because of the erratic throws he makes. When in doubt his entire career, he's lived off taking chances and I'm sure it won him more than it lost him.

socalpkrbkr
08-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the kind words.

Brooke
08-18-2008, 07:15 AM
I could NOT agree with you more that he was upset. And I'm sure deep down inside he's still hurt. But I think by not showing up to training camp just showed that Brett Favre had more respect for the Packers then the Packers did for him in this whole situation. The guys a class act and anybody that sees otherwise is just blind.

Watching the Jets introduce him in Cleveland and Favre started talking about Green Bay, I thought he was seriously going to cry. Yes, he'll ALWAYS be a Packer at heart and if you look closely I think he's wearing a gold undershirt under his Jets uniform which I think is neat. Brett's a brutally honest guy and I think if he wasn't comfortable here he'd be the first person to tell you he's out of place. Us Jets fans will take care of him here in New York and once his time's up here, he'll hop on a plane back to Green Bay where he belongs. For now he's got some business to handle over here! People never realize that the mans MORE than just a Superstar, and a Hall of Famer. More to a team than JUST a quarterback. The guys a PROVEN leader. He doesn't get enough credit for how smart he actually is on the field because of the erratic throws he makes. When in doubt his entire career, he's lived off taking chances and I'm sure it won him more than it lost him.

Well said. I couldn't agree with you more :clap:

Where's KG?
08-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Wow, Favre looked good in that game. Think about the variables....1st week in camp, barely know the offense, come in and go 5-6 48 yds and a Touch....this guy wants to play...and has something to prove....well he didn't until the team he wanted to play for shunned him....but now does....should be a hell of a year. It wierd that the Brett Favre thread is higher on the list than the Aaron Rodgers thread.....Considering Rodgers is a packer currently.

XJW18
08-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Wow, Favre looked good in that game. Think about the variables....1st week in camp, barely know the offense, come in and go 5-6 48 yds and a Touch....this guy wants to play...and has something to prove....well he didn't until the team he wanted to play for shunned him....but now does....should be a hell of a year. It wierd that the Brett Favre thread is higher on the list than the Aaron Rodgers thread.....Considering Rodgers is a packer currently.

Thats because everone is still on his Jock strap!
Time to move on ppl!
i know its Brett Lorenzo Favre!
but u know what im saying!!
He's a Jet now!

socalpkrbkr
08-21-2008, 02:21 PM
The introduction took place about 11 years ago at a bar in Mississippi, of all places.

Eli Manning was only 16 when he was introduced to the quarterback who ruled the NFL at the time - Brett Favre.

"Just where I grew up (in New Orleans), I loved watching him play," Manning said of Favre, the Bayou legend who grew up a few hours away from him in Kiln, Miss. "I was a big fan. He was with the Packers, they had just won a few (NFC) championships and he was in his MVP seasons. He was at the top of his game. I was fired up to see him."

Favre also remembers the meeting that took place at his uncle's bar. Just don't ask him how the underage Manning got in.

"I can't remember if I helped him get in or what," Favre said. "But that's a different story."

When the Giants face the Jets in a preseason game Saturday night, the two quarterbacks will meet again in a completely different setting than their first encounter.

This time, it's Manning who is coming off a championship and a Super Bowl MVP performance. Manning and the Giants will face Favre for the first time since beating the former Packers quarterback in sub-zero temperatures at Lambeau Field in the NFC Championship Game.

So much has happened since the Giants' overtime victory over Green Bay. Manning led the Giants to perhaps the biggest upset in Super Bowl history over the Patriots and earned Super Bowl MVP honors while finally emerging from the shadow of big brother Peyton.

Meanwhile, Favre retired after Corey Webster picked off his final pass as a Packer in overtime. Then Favre unretired before enduring a painful divorce with Green Bay that led to his trade to the Jets.

Now Manning and Favre meet again in a preseason game that might seem like a pivotal regular-season game with the Giants' starters expecting to play extended minutes.

Manning and Favre are the reasons why New York has become the epicenter of the NFL universe. And even though it's Manning who is now in the prime of his career at 27, he might still feel like a wide-eyed teenager looking up to Favre in awe.

"I'm a big Brett Favre fan," Manning said.

Even in the twilight of Favre's career, his star power is unrivaled. His presence here has created a media frenzy in New York and overshadowed the NFL champs. Just the sight of Favre running a punishment lap around the field after fumbling a snap caused more of a stir - footage landed on YouTube within hours - than anything the Giants have done in camp.

"I'm so glad that's the case," said defensive end Justin Tuck of all the attention surrounding the Jets. "It lets us go about our business and focus on football. That is all we want to do."

Before Favre's arrival, the NFL champs had cast a Giant shadow over their AFC neighbors. Now, the Jets are big news and one longtime Giant is happy for them.

"It's good for the Jets," said wide receiver Amani Toomer, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing time with a knee injury. "They got a good quarterback and some excitement over there with him and kind of get out of the shadows so to speak."

When Manning played at Ole Miss, he not only had to deal with playing in the shadow of his father, Archie, but also Favre's legend at Southern Miss.

These days, Favre is the one trying to help the Jets find the limelight.

"I give them a tremendous amount of credit and respect," Favre said of the Giants beating him in the NFC Championship Game. "But that is over and done with and obviously it is a new year. A lot of things have changed."

Manning can attest to that.

-nydailynews.com

socalpkrbkr
08-22-2008, 12:36 PM
In the monumental trade of Brett Favre from the Packers to the Jets, there appears to be a twist in the contract that has not been previously reported.

The Jets admirably did not renegotiate Favre’s 12M salary this year to fit the contract under their Cap, resisting temptation to gain some short-term Cap relief in exchange for added Cap charges from this contract next year and the year after.

We have learned that the contract was renegotiated, however. The terms on the “back side” of the deal have been altered to the benefit of Favre.

When I negotiated this 10-year, 101M contract in 2001, it required, as all Packer contracts do, a number of appearances on behalf of the club, some worker’s compensation guidelines, and bonus recovery provisions in case of immoral behavior or retirement. Those clauses are standard boilerplate in the industry. Now in year eight of ten, that contract was assigned to the Jets in the recent trade.

The contract, however, no longer contains those terms. According to multiple sources, there is no backside to the existing contract between Favre and the Jets. Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, and the Jets have renegotiated the contract to consist of the identical financial terms from the Packers’ contract – 12M this year, 13M next and 14M in 2010 – and nothing more. The language concerning appearances for the club and recovery of bonus due to retirement is no longer part of the deal.

Favre, if willing, is free to make appearances on behalf of the Jets to promote the team as it starts to play in a new stadium next season, but he has no contractual obligation to do so. Favre can also retire from the Jets at any time and have no obligation to forfeit any of the bonus monies he has received (Tampa Bay recovered 3.5M from Jake Plummer after trading for a contract that required recovery upon retirement).

A renegotiation such as this could present a dangerous precedent for players who are traded and make certain non-economic demands, as well as for star players who want concessions outside of salary and bonus provisions.

However, it is understandable that Mike Tannenbaum and the Jets made some concessions to bring this iconic brand to their franchise. With Favre’s tepid interest in playing for the Jets an issue prior to the trade, the renegotiation of his marketing and bonus recovery rights made the trade more palatable to the Favre camp at the time.

Another nugget from the Favre-Packers-Jets biopic; more to come in weeks ahead.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008/08/favre-and-the-jets-same-money-different-contract/

newdude
08-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Interesting indeed Socal.

wwfd1220
08-22-2008, 06:01 PM
FAVRE-TO-VIKES COULD STILL HAPPEN, NEXT YEAR
Posted by Mike Florio on August 22, 2008, 4:56 p.m. EDT
We’ve previously speculated that, in order to get quaterback Brett Favre on board with the trade that sent him from Green Bay to New York, the Jets told Favre, “Give it a year. If you don’t like it, we’ll let you walk. No strings attached.”

The fact that the post-trade numbers available through the NFLPA’s web site still show Favre making $12 million in 2008, $13 million in 2009, and $14 million in 2010 suggests to us that, indeed, this is being regarded by both sides as a one-year proposition, for now. If Favre sticks around for 2009, something will need to be done about his cap number.

But there’s another wrinkle to all of this, which further supports our belief that the Jets will be prepared to let Favre walk after 2008, if he so chooses.

Inexplicably, the Jets have removed the bonus forfeiture provisions from Favre contract, along with terms requiring Favre to make appearances throughout the course of the year.

Our guess (and we’ll admit it’s just a guess), is that the Jets offered to take the language out in order to persuade Favre that they meant what they said when they told him that all they wanted was one year and nothing more.

Regardless of the motivation, it’s a horrible precedent, and other teams and the league office should be upset with the Jets for doing it. Now that the cat is out of the bag, it could be difficult for other teams to maintain bonus forfeiture clauses in contracts with their own star players.

Then again, maybe other teams and agents will regard the Favre deal as an aberration — just as the Bears and the agent for Chris Williams did with respect to the overstuffed rookie deal that the Jets gave to cornerback Darelle Revis in 2007.

Back to our point, we think that Favre still wants in his heart to stick it to the Packers by joining the Vikings. The foundation seems to be in place for Favre to give it a try in 2009.

wasnt there numerous poison pills in the jets deal ? i was under the idea that if favre ended up in minnesota we would receive 3 first round draft picks. or was that only during the 2008 season ??

socalpkrbkr
08-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Ha ha that sucks. I understood it to be the same way too. If he was traded to the North we would receive three first round draft picks. I'm not sure if that was for only one year or what. It would sure be nice to see that contract for myself. If Brett were to do that he would then become the traitor he said he was not.

wwfd1220
08-22-2008, 07:28 PM
^^^ agreed on the traitor statement ^^^ i really dont see it happening if the contract says as it was reported though. i just dont see favre playing after this season

newdude
08-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Favre's wearing yellow in the game, hmmmmm.... :D

socalpkrbkr
08-23-2008, 09:06 PM
So wwfd1220 I was talking to my buddy and he said he thought that the 3 first round pick deal was for the three years remaining on his contract. IDK for sure but I would hate to think TT would have blown that. Let me now if you find out anything.

wwfd1220
08-23-2008, 09:10 PM
So wwfd1220 I was talking to my buddy and he said he thought that the 3 first round pick deal was for the three years remaining on his contract. IDK for sure but I would hate to think TT would have blown that. Let me now if you find out anything.

tt cannot be stupid enough to let favre play in minny next year. they have to have thought about that situation right ?? :confused:

newdude
08-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Guys, the contract between Favre and the Jets is their own business, TT can't do anything except put that clause "if they trade Favre to the Vikings."

socalpkrbkr
08-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Guys, the contract between Favre and the Jets is their own business, TT can't do anything except put that clause "if they trade Favre to the Vikings."

It would still be nice to know if that "we get three first round picks deal" lasts throughout his contract.

wwfd1220
08-23-2008, 09:51 PM

yeah, that is kind of what we are talking about. there is a "clause" we just cannot find out how long the "clause" lasts.

newdude
08-23-2008, 09:53 PM
It would still be nice to know if that "we get three first round picks deal" lasts throughout his contract.

I think it does bcuz:

"Schefter also reports that the Packers took great pains to ensure Favre would not be traded to the Vikings -- or any other NFC North team -- by inserting a "poison pill" in the deal. If Favre were to be traded to any team in the Packers' division, the Jets would have to surrender three first-round picks to Green Bay. The trade also includes provisions preventing a trade to another team if that new team were to trade him to the NFC North."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809ccdb9&template=with-video&confirm=true

It may not state it in there, but the whole thing seem too planned out. So I think it does span throughout his whole contract, bcuz it'll be dumb to only include this season. So a trade is out of the question.

wwfd1220
08-23-2008, 09:56 PM
^^^ thats what i was looking for. thank you, i am not sure how analysts think that he could be in minnesota next year then. it would kill the jets to trade him to minnesota or allow any other team to trade him

newdude
08-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, and the Jets seems adamant on having Favre and let him show the young guys the essentials. So it would be pointless just to trade him away.

socalpkrbkr
08-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Brett Favre wanted more in his second start for the New York Jets.
The veteran quarterback went into the locker room at halftime Saturday night, hoping his night wasn’t over. Coach Eric Mangini told him otherwise.

“I wasn’t mad, but I just said I’d like to get a score,” Favre said after the Jets’ 10-7 win over the Giants.

Favre went 9-of-12 for 96 yards in his two quarters, and had a pretty touchdown pass negated by a penalty. Taking a crash course in learning the Jets’ playbook since being acquired from Green Bay on Aug. 6, he has been mostly solid in his limited action this preseason.

“I think I’m fitting in better today, and I think that next week I’ll feel the same way,” Favre said. “I think the guys in that room would say they’re getting a better feel for me and how I play. I felt more at ease in the huddle. I felt more at ease on the field.

“I felt more like myself.”

Rhat’s a good thing for the Jets. Favre, who said his arm “is in great shape,” is 14-of-18 for 144 yards, a touchdown — last week to Dustin Keller — and no interceptions.

“I don’t know how he feels,” wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery said, “but it looks like he’s getting more and more comfortable each and every day and every game.”

While most teams usually rest their starters for their final preseason games, Favre said he’ll talk to Mangini and lobby to play Thursday at Philadelphia.

“I’ll present my side, I’ll say that I’d love to play one series, two series,” Favre said. “He may say that it’s not worth it, and so be it.”

Favre played in preseason finales when he was in Green Bay, using the extra time to get one last tuneup before the regular season.

“That was probably just me staying in (Mike) McCarthy’s ear,” Favre said. “I say, heck, if I’m going to practice, I want to play, at least a series.”

Favre, who last faced the Giants in a loss in the NFC championship game in January, showed nice zip on most of his passes Saturday night and could’ve been in position for two scores if not for penalties.

“He did a good job,” Mangini said. “We had two long passes that I thought were really good plays. They were set up nicely. It’s just frustrating when you have those types of plays called back. It’ll kill you.”

The Jets were called for 12 penalties, 10 on offense, against the Giants.

“Really, it comes down to mentally being sound,” Favre said. “You can run all the laps you want, but when the live bullets start flying, you just have to do your thing.”

Favre received a standing ovation as he ran on the field with the first-team offense to start the Jets’ opening drive. The cheers didn’t last long as Justin Tuck beat new right tackle Damien Woody and sacked Favre on the second play for an 8-yard loss. New York was forced to punt two plays later.

On the next series, Favre’s 29-yard pass to Brad Smith on fourth-and-1 was wiped out by an illegal shift penalty. Favre didn’t see the play because he was plowed into the turf by Osi Umenyiora.

“I would prefer not to be hit, but that’s OK,” Favre said. “To sit here and say as the season gets under way that I won’t get hit, that’s crazy. I think our line is very good, but most of the teams we’ll be playing against are good.”

On the Jets’ next possession, Favre scrambled to his right on second down and gained 8 yards before being run out of bounds by Chase Blackburn.

“I don’t move like I used to,” Favre said with a grin, “but I was able to use my feet to bail myself out a little bit.”

The drive died a few plays later, but Favre got things going again on the Jets’ next possession.

With the Jets starting on their 15, he hit Smith for 17 yards and Leon Washington for 10 yards two plays later. On third-and-11 from the Giants 49, Favre threw a perfect spiral down the right sideline to Cotchery, who zipped into the end zone for what appeared to be the first score of the game.

But Bubba Franks, Favre’s former teammate in Green Bay, was called for illegal motion and the touchdown was wiped away. The Jets punted two plays later, and Favre came out one more time — to kneel the ball down before halftime.

“That’s getting your feet wet,” Favre said. “We didn’t get any points, but neither did they. I tip my hat to our defense. I think our offense, we have a lot of things to clean up and we have to get better at some things we’re trying to do. All in all, we played pretty darn good against a very good defense.”

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080824/PKR01/80824013/1058

newdude
08-25-2008, 12:09 AM
I watched it and he looked pretty good, too bad that pass to Cotchery was called back, it was a perfect pass too.

Packerbacker
08-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Favre's looked awesome this pre-season like he always has and then some. Man, sure am glad we have Arod instead of him. Good Job Ted, I hope your dog dies.

ugottabjoshinme
08-25-2008, 11:23 AM
My understanding is that the "poison pill" is only for if he gets traded to the vikings. Under the restructured contract, Brett can walk away from the Jets at the end of the year with no strings attached. This would make him a free agent and a signing with the vikings would not cost the jets 3 1st round picks because favre would not be traded. That is how I interpreted the analysit saying he could play in Minnesota.

newdude
08-25-2008, 10:05 PM
My understanding is that the "poison pill" is only for if he gets traded to the vikings. Under the restructured contract, Brett can walk away from the Jets at the end of the year with no strings attached. This would make him a free agent and a signing with the vikings would not cost the jets 3 1st round picks because favre would not be traded. That is how I interpreted the analysit saying he could play in Minnesota.

Yup, that's what we came up with too. Highly unlikely but probable.

socalpkrbkr
08-26-2008, 11:01 AM
CBS Sports confirmed to WDJT-TV (Channel 58) in Milwaukee that it will get the New York Jets’ game at Miami at noon Sept. 7.

Affiliates get game assignments about two weeks ahead of the game.

The general manager of Channel 58, Jim Hall, said the Jets-Dolphins game was to be a “constant feed” game, which means viewers should not be switched to any other games. Usually, constant feed games are for games shown in the markets of the competing teams.

At least eight Jets telecasts likely are to be televised in the Milwaukee market this season because former Packers quarterback Brett Favre was traded to the Jets. Channel 58 wants to take advantage of Favre’s followers to get a larger audience for its NFL telecasts.

-jsonline.com
I won't watch any of his games while he plays for the Jets. I've got NFL Ticket so I could watch all of them but the pain is far too great. I looked at the schedule and only 7 times this season do the Jets and Packers play at the same time.

newdude
08-27-2008, 12:32 AM
It is painful, but aren't u kinda curious to watch one or two quarters? Looking at it from a football fan, it'll be fun to see #4 still play.

hughest4
08-27-2008, 12:37 AM
I won't watch any of his games while he plays for the Jets. I've got NFL Ticket so I could watch all of them but the pain is far too great. I looked at the schedule and only 7 times this season do the Jets and Packers play at the same time.

You should try to watch him sometime. Yeah it sucks and is very odd but at the same time its still the same Brett Favre. He is out there being the gunslinger that he is and having fun. He is my favorite player and i still find it fun to watch him...even if he does have a Jets uniform on

socalpkrbkr
08-27-2008, 12:52 AM
You should try to watch him sometime. Yeah it sucks and is very odd but at the same time its still the same Brett Favre. He is out there being the gunslinger that he is and having fun. He is my favorite player and i still find it fun to watch him...even if he does have a Jets uniform on

I hear ya hughest4, I'm just such a stubborn SOB that when I get something set in my mind I've got a hard time changing it. I'm sure at some point I'll break down and tune in. I'm probably going to cry when I see him throw a touchdown to a Jet. So depressing..... I still just cant believe it.

hawkeye
08-28-2008, 04:11 PM
I hear ya hughest4, I'm just such a stubborn SOB that when I get something set in my mind I've got a hard time changing it. I'm sure at some point I'll break down and tune in. I'm probably going to cry when I see him throw a touchdown to a Jet. So depressing..... I still just cant believe it.

You are indeed one stubborn SOB. That's why I like you though!

I know exactly what you're saying. However, 16 years as the most fun player in the league to watch makes it well worth the pain just to watch his game. I too am still in disbelief.

socalpkrbkr
08-28-2008, 06:35 PM
You are indeed one stubborn SOB. That's why I like you though!

I know exactly what you're saying. However, 16 years as the most fun player in the league to watch makes it well worth the pain just to watch his game. I too am still in disbelief.

Everyone has their faults I guess.:o Thanks hawkeye, I like you too:love: LOL just kidding with the heart smiley.

The 4 in that jersey of mine was for the man himself. I'm never going to get over this and I think about it everyday.:sad2:

If I do breakdown and watch him I would probably watch him when they play the Patriots.

NavajoRaiderfan
08-30-2008, 01:18 PM

That Gunslinger is well liked by a lot of fans.

I still cannot believe you got rid of him.

wwfd1220
08-30-2008, 01:21 PM
That Gunslinger is well liked by a lot of fans.

I still cannot believe you got rid of him.

he is a great player, i wouldnt say we "got rid of him" yes he was traded, but it was more of a forced deal than anything. i will miss favre, but it is time to move ahead now and we will see him when he retires. :)

socalpkrbkr
09-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Favre’s attack on Thompson on Saturday might have been the low point when he suggested the Packers’ GM was too shy and awkward in social settings.

“Just because he’s quiet, doesn’t mean he’s good, bad or indifferent at what he does,” Favre said of Thompson, as reported by the New York Post. “But I look at (Jets GM) Mike Tannenbaum – and I’m not saying Mike’s a better GM or whatever – but you have to be socially (adaptable), in my opinion.”

It’s typical double-speak by Favre. If on one hand Favre acknowledges a quiet personality doesn’t affect a general manager’s job performance, then why bring up the topic? Clearly, Favre’s goal is to stick it to Thompson at every turn.

The best way to do that is to perform at a high level this season. Favre fails to realize his caustic remarks only serve to make himself look bad.

Source:greenbaypressgazette (http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080831/PKR07/80831033/1058/PKR01)

socalpkrbkr
09-01-2008, 12:32 AM
In an interview with the New York Post on Saturday, Favre talked about a visit Packers General Manager Ted Thompson made to his Mississippi home after the draft.

Favre said he expected them to talk about the possibility of him coming out of retirement. Instead, Thompson wanted to discuss sending Favre his locker.

“I was like, ‘What the hell are you talking about?’” recounted Favre. “I was like, ‘Um, OK, Ted, great.’

“I’m thinking, ‘Way to get my (expletive) out the door.’ That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of. What the hell am I going to do with a locker? So I just said, ‘Oh, OK, Ted, that’s great.’”

Favre told the New York Daily News he still thinks he would have been better for the Packers this season than Aaron Rodgers.

“I think Aaron Rodgers will do a real good job, barring injury,” Favre said, “but if you’re a betting man and said, ‘Who gives us the best chance to win right now?’ … This isn’t bragging, but I think I would. Aaron may play great, and they’ll look like geniuses, but to not welcome me back … I just assumed it was the fear of upsetting Aaron, not only now but in the future. To me, that’s ridiculous, totally ridiculous.”

Source:greenbaypressgazette (http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080830/PKR01/80830066/1058/PKR01)

Packerbacker
09-01-2008, 03:13 PM
God I Hate Tt!

bucksbeat
09-01-2008, 06:19 PM
That is pretty priceless...

Favre: I'm thinking of coming back.

Thompson: Well see here's the issue with that. Your locker is on it's way to your house via UPS.

Favre: Oh wow, good golly! Nevermind about the comeback thing. All I wanted was my locker.

iam brett favre
09-01-2008, 06:38 PM
come on favre, you're better than that.

newdude
09-01-2008, 10:54 PM
This made me lol :

“I’m thinking, ‘Way to get my (expletive) out the door.’ That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of. What the hell am I going to do with a locker? So I just said, ‘Oh, OK, Ted, that’s great.’”

But u can clearly see the rift between TT and Favre and it was bad right from the start probably, sigh :( .

Baz
09-02-2008, 03:33 AM
Just wish it would stop already. Mostly, I hate the rift it's created between Packer fans. Seems at times as if we're rooting against each other harder than we're rooting for the team.

Grigbay Packer
09-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Just wish it would stop already. Mostly, I hate the rift it's created between Packer fans. Seems at times as if we're rooting against each other harder than we're rooting for the team.

Your missing the point. There was never a riff between Packers Fans, there was a riff between Packer fans and Brett Favre fans. It just so happens that the past sixteen years there was no reason to draw a line in the sand...

People on the "Packers" side continue to bash Favre for his comments. Yes, to some extent, whats done is done and lets move on, however, I find it funny that so many people criticize because they are not the ones dealing with it.

In real life people hold grudges. In this situation anytime Favre speaks everyone is interested in hearing it. You cant blame him for how he feels... It is what it is...