PDA

View Full Version : Who's Better: Giants, Marlins, or Pirates?

MetsFan28
01-29-2008, 08:54 AM
?

Gunzito22
01-29-2008, 10:13 AM
I would say Giants by a c-hair, based solely on their rotation...

grkmaster
01-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Does it matter who is better ? They all stink anyways

torontocubs
01-29-2008, 11:09 AM
haha oh gawwd wait till the giants fans get to this post jksss. were never going to hear the end of how the giants are amazing. on a more serious note, the giants dont belong in this bottom three. i mean the royals, pirates, marlins, nationals, all way worse teams than sanfran. apparently some guy in another post wants the jays in the bottom three. lol. and tampa is still a long ways from cracking out of this kind of discusiion, espeically if theyr going to trade guys like delmon young. they did still have the worst record in baseball last year, and lost their most consistent player in young. consistent as in played the most not numbers wise, but he was close in that too.

mrmetohio
01-29-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure at this point which of the three will have the better record we still have more then 60 days to go. This is for certain, the Marlins are going to have a very interesting team of young very highly reguarded talent and if they begin to win, and start believing in themselves, they could make the NL east a very interesting race.

torontocubs
01-29-2008, 11:13 AM
the marlins are always a threat, as in they always have young guys that just dont know any better.like they still have hanley ramirez, and they picked up another stud pitcher in andrew miller when they traded cabrera. i mean theyr team on paper sucks, but they also looked the same two years ago, and they gave the phils, mets, and braves a good run for their money.

imtheman17
01-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Tampa will be good this year, the Giants have no offense (Molina and Rowand as your 4-5 hitters not impressive) and i seriously doubt that Lincecum and cain will carry this team, the Pirates are brutal and will pretty much always lack a rotation, the Marlins will be good in a year if they can manage to keep Uggla, Willingham, Hanley, etc....the Orioles are down right crap, and will be increasingly worse when they deal Bedard, the Astros still don't impress me that much, the Rangers are pathetic, the A's will most likely be bad this year, Chi Sox still won't pull it together and will probably never realize when it's time to rebuild

but to answer the question Pitt will probably do better than the Giants and Marlins

McJoe
01-29-2008, 11:31 AM
i think im the only one who thinks that the Pirates have a shot in the Central but they do...therefore they are easily the best of these three

Snell/Gorzy/Morris/Duke/Maholm is a solid rotation filled with above average starters just missing the ace to put them over the top...put Oswalt or Halladay or someone like that in here and its among some of the best IMO

Bay will bounce back and go back up to his 140+ OPS+ norms and be a great center to the offence

they are gonna get some kids in there with McCutcheon and maybe Walker at 3rd and then Pierce could take Laroche's job at 1st if he continues to be terrible...they are gonna have a decent batting order

Nyjer Morgan/Andrew McCutcheon
Freddy Sanchez
Jason Bay
Adam Laroche/Stephen Pierce
Xavier Nady/Ryan Doumit
Ronny Paulino/Ryan Doumit
Jose Batista/Neil Walker
Jack Wilson

if Wilson can bounce back and Sanchez can continue to produce then youve got a scary 1-2 (they will both move up)...and if those 3 kids play well then they could be scary

they have a good rotation and a good pen led by Matt Capps whos a good young closer...they could get a scratch of contention in the NL Central much like the Reds could be good...

The Marlins dont have a player over like 21 on their roster (yes its an exaggeration) and are in a division with 3 really good teams and another solid young team...and the Giants are locked in last place in that division cause pitching and defence may win championships but the bats have to get you to the playoffs...without Barry they dont have a single bat in their order

Pirates
Marlins
Giants

in that order

hoss3138
01-29-2008, 12:06 PM
I usually don't comment on people's threads because it's about sports and I'm all for them no matter what the topic. However, what is the point of this thread? This is like asking "Who would you rather go home with at 2am? The fat chick, the ugly chick, or that chick that may or may not actually be a dude." Either way you're going to be waking up with a lot of regret and bad memories for picking them.

I'm going with the Giants. They finally found a way to be the best at something...just surround yourself with two teams that are horrible.

kyubi256
01-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Marlins have the best minors amongst these teams and have a very promising rotation

i take them for the near future

For now i'd have to take the Pirates though

Giants-49ers-Ws
01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
i hate to say were worse than the marlins but we are..they have a lot of young talent..we are better than the pirates however...the nationals are also worse than us..and u'd have to throw the cardinals into this mix...top five NL worst teams:

1. Nationals- worst team in Nl...absolutely 0 pitching
2. Pirates
3. Cardinals- w/ the exception of wainwright 0 pitching..if carp healthy then there not near as bad..
4. Giants- no line-up w/ exception of rowand..are best players are young guys like (frandsen, ortmeier, schierholtz, davis, lewis) and most of them will sit the bench...
5. Marlins- tons of young talent..willingham, uggla, ramirez, hermida, maybin..plus a lot of talented, young pitchers...

MetsFan28
01-29-2008, 04:07 PM
The question is, Who is better of the three, Giants, Marlins, or Pirates. The Nationals, Cardinals, Orioles, Blue Jays, White Sox, and Royals shoudn't be included in this thread.

R to the G
01-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Marlins. Losing Bonds will hurt the Giants this year.

ctsoxfan34
01-29-2008, 04:17 PM
i think they should combine the three teams, theyd be nasty.

rotation
1-cain
2-snell
3-gorzalaney
4-lincecum
5-andrew miller/zito/olsen

C: molina
1B: laroche/jacobs
2B: uggla/sanchez
3B: bautista
SS: hanley
CF: rowand
LF: bay
RF: hermida/willingham/nady

see now thats a team that can compete

iam brett favre
01-29-2008, 05:37 PM
none of the names "giants" "marlins" or "pirates" should never be used in the same sentence as better

marlinsfan24
01-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Marlins, they have the best player on either of the 3 teams, Hanley..they have the best pitching future with all those prospects. we have Dan Uggla, Mike Jacobs, Josh Willingham, and Jeremy Hermida. If one of those guys can step up, missing Cabrera wont be as large as it seems right now.

RedsOilers7
01-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Marlins.

CiscoKid
01-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Losing Bonds will hurt the Giants this year.

Thank you Captain Obvious!

Gigantes4Life
01-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Marlins, they have the best player on either of the 3 teams, Hanley..they have the best pitching future with all those prospects. we have Dan Uggla, Mike Jacobs, Josh Willingham, and Jeremy Hermida. If one of those guys can step up, missing Cabrera wont be as large as it seems right now.

Somehow, I think missing Cabrera will be evident in their record.

x_notorious
01-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Giants. Starting rotation really doesn't get much competition from the other teams. Offsense still stinks but pitching wins games. Pirates and the Marlins don't have much of it..but for the Marlins loosing both Miggy and Willis hurts a lot. There SP might be good in a few years but not now. Giants.

Gigantes4Life
01-29-2008, 09:11 PM
If anything we should be comparing which of the teams will become competitive the soonest. Seeing who fights for the number 3 pick in the draft isn't worth talking about really.

CAIN=FUTURE
01-29-2008, 09:55 PM
the giants are bad but i dont think they should be inclued in this comparison. the nats royals and a's are all worse. but the a's and giants are just about even.

mattz1212
01-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Best team this year, for me its probably the Giants they have a decent rotation, which instantly carries them over the other two. But their pen is very thin and they have almost no offense to speak about, they should finish in the cellar of the NL West it could take on quite a few losses being in a division with 4 good teams. But with that said the future looks VERY bleak for the Giants, they don't have many quality prospects to fall back on that aren't starting pitchers. As nice as that rotation may be in the future, they have a lot of work to do on that offense before they can dream about contending again.

Best team for the future is the Florida Marlins. They always surprise me with these rebuilding projects and always happen to emerge quicker than they should. They have some very good young arms in their bullpen, the offense could be potent in time, the rotation scares me a bit but still an OK one at the very least and I don't see it being the downfall of this team in the future.

I personal think the Pirates are the 2nd and the 2nd in future talent far behind the Marlins. Sanchez is a tad overrated in my mind, he hits for a high average but that is instantly negated by the fact that he can't draw walks. The bullpen is thin outside of Capps, rotation is still waiting for that breakout season (good talent but a couple of years under their belts now and still letter performance), the offense has some parts but not nearly enough to contend. The Pirates may be the one team that could sneak up on their division though, but I personally don't see them higher than 4th no matter what happens and more than likely still a cellar finish.

Reezy
01-31-2008, 02:17 AM
haha oh gawwd wait till the giants fans get to this post jksss. were never going to hear the end of how the giants are amazing. on a more serious note, the giants dont belong in this bottom three. i mean the royals, pirates, marlins, nationals, all way worse teams than sanfran. apparently some guy in another post wants the jays in the bottom three. lol. and tampa is still a long ways from cracking out of this kind of discusiion, espeically if theyr going to trade guys like delmon young. they did still have the worst record in baseball last year, and lost their most consistent player in young. consistent as in played the most not numbers wise, but he was close in that too.

It was pretty ridiculous that Tampa got rid of Delmon Young. I would consider him very consistent. He was dependable when it came to when it really counts and I believe his RBIs were nothing to mock either.

dylanvw
01-31-2008, 02:34 AM
giants are better of the 3. only because of the rotation, offense sucks with exceptions of rowand. somehwat molina and winn, and possbily if we get crede. but we still suck no matter what. and our 7-8-9 bullpen guys are decent. wilson our closer did great for what he had last season

dylanvw
01-31-2008, 02:36 AM
the giants are bad but i dont think they should be inclued in this comparison. the nats royals and a's are all worse. but the a's and giants are just about even.

not anymore, theere decent now. they can flirt with .500

rattyb
01-31-2008, 02:54 AM
Tampa will be good this year, the Giants have no offense (Molina and Rowand as your 4-5 hitters not impressive) and i seriously doubt that Lincecum and cain will carry this team, the Pirates are brutal and will pretty much always lack a rotation, the Marlins will be good in a year if they can manage to keep Uggla, Willingham, Hanley, etc....the Orioles are down right crap, and will be increasingly worse when they deal Bedard, the Astros still don't impress me that much, the Rangers are pathetic, the A's will most likely be bad this year, Chi Sox still won't pull it together and will probably never realize when it's time to rebuild

but to answer the question Pitt will probably do better than the Giants and Marlins

With the loss of Feliz...I would imagine Rowand batting third now

The Giants are definitely the better of the 3 by the way. Come on now, they arent THAT bad. theyre bad but dude...the pirates and Marlins are in a whole different category of bad.

dylanvw
01-31-2008, 02:55 AM
no, rowand is batting 5th. and if we get crede itll be this

winn-crede-rowand-molina

rattyb
01-31-2008, 03:17 AM
interesting

toovey107
01-31-2008, 03:21 AM
no, rowand is batting 5th. and if we get crede itll be this

winn-crede-rowand-molina
yeah its pretty weak either way

dylanvw
01-31-2008, 03:24 AM
im not saying its strong. no **** its weak, but thats what itll probably be. thats all im saying

psurulesyou
01-31-2008, 03:28 AM
Neither.

REGular
01-31-2008, 10:47 AM
none of the names "giants" "marlins" or "pirates" should never be used in the same sentence as better

What if I was saying the following sentence:

In 2003, the Marlins were better than the Yankees.

REGular
01-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Last season the Marlins were:

6th in the NL in runs scored.
4th in total HR.
3rd in Slugging %.

They really won't miss Miggy as much as everybody outside of south Fl. thinks they will.
With Hanley, Uggla, Willingham, Hermida, & Jacobs, they have a much better offense than many of the bottom-tier teams, and certainly better than the Giants or the Pirates.
After nearly missing the playoffs in 2006 the Marlins lost 3 of those starting pitchers for last season (Johnson, Sanchez, Nolasco). They're in a much better position for 2008 and beyond, than any of those other teams.

rattyb
01-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Miggy was their offense. The other guys are decent but Miggy set a tempo that will be void this year. I just have a feeling. That and their rotation is probably the worst in the majors at this point. That team is awful

marlinsfan24
01-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Miggy was their offense. The other guys are decent but Miggy set a tempo that will be void this year. I just have a feeling. That and their rotation is probably the worst in the majors at this point. That team is awful

when u say awful, u make it sound like they have no talent whatso ever on the team

but, we have HANLEY, he not Miggy set the temp for the lineup. our rotation only sucked last year cuz of injuries and a crappy *** pitching coach

and for all those who think olsen sucks, i guaruntee he gets 15 wins this season

RedsOilers7
01-31-2008, 09:16 PM
The Marlins also brought back their old pitching coach, who was with Girardi.

I wouldnt count them out yet. When the Marlins were "suppose to lose 100 games," they were contenders for the wild card. They COULD be sneaky this season.

xander
01-31-2008, 09:29 PM
This is a depressing *** thread for any Giant fan.

CAIN=FUTURE
01-31-2008, 10:09 PM
This is a depressing *** thread for any Giant fan.

yea, the giants should never be included in a list with the marlins or pirates, o well every great team goes through a depresion.

Buckwheat
01-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Pirates
Giants
Marlins

Epic89
01-31-2008, 11:43 PM
All 3 are absolutely awful- but the Giants are the best of the three (the rotation gives them the edge).

REGular
02-01-2008, 12:09 AM
yea, the giants should never be included in a list with the marlins or pirates, o well every great team goes through a depresion.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, the Giants haven't won anything important since 1954 . . . 1954 . . . that's 50 + years of not being champions.

Talk about your depressions.

CAIN=FUTURE
02-01-2008, 12:11 AM
atleast we still win alot alot alot of games, that enough for me.

REGular
02-01-2008, 02:15 AM
atleast we still win alot alot alot of games

Firstly, last season the Marlins won more games than the Giants.
Second, the year before that (2006), the Marlins won more games than the Giants.
Thirdly, the year before that (2005), the Marlins won more games than the Giants.

that enough for me.

That's enough for you? Good thing you're a Giants fan then.
Usually people like to see their team win championships you just want to see them win alot, alot, alot of games. . . . . OooooooK :shrug:. . . .

The Marlins have won 2 of the last 11 World Series, I have to go back 75 years to find 2 Giants championships (and 50+ to find the last one).

C1Bman88
02-01-2008, 02:32 AM
CAIN=FUTURE was merely saying that every great team goes through a depression.

It sounds like you're implying that the Marlins are a greater franchise than the Giants are.

dylanvw
02-01-2008, 02:33 AM
regular, we can all do the same thing by pointing out bad in a team. so it wont work

belliard is god
02-01-2008, 02:39 AM
id take the pirates, then giants, then marlins

rattyb
02-01-2008, 04:29 AM
Godd'amn its so hard because they are all bad in different areas, nationals have the better lineup/bench, The giants have the better rotation, and the pirates have a decent pen with a mediocre lineup compared to these two with a better rotation than the Nats. Anything goes between these three. What a race!!!! lol

WayneBrady
02-01-2008, 06:41 AM
In order:

Giants (LA fan btw)
Pirates - They at least have some good players (Bay, Xavier, Sanchez, LaRoche)
Marlins - They are just sad right now.

REGular
02-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Pirates - They at least have some good players (Bay, Xavier, Sanchez, LaRoche)

You West-Coasters are driving me nuts. I know the Marlins play in a small market but surely you've heard of guys like Hanley Ramirez and Dan Uggla. And you're telling me Xavier Nady will have a better season than eitehr of them?
Y'all are crazy. The Marlins will no doubt end up with a better record than either of these teams, just as they have each of the past 3 seasons.

CAIN=FUTURE was merely saying that every great team goes through a depression.

I know, and I was merely pointing out this is quite the "depression". The Giants haven't been relevant in years.

sox04rR
02-01-2008, 11:06 AM

wow u gota be kidding me. the sox and stros are gonna b great

rattyb
02-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Why would the stros be great? They have one of the worst rotations in baseball, with a reasonably decent offense. They also have a crappy pen, giving the entire thing away for wigginton, bourne, and valverde( who is completely overrated). This team probably wont even be .500

RedsOilers7
02-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Houston can only rely on Oswalt. Rest of their rotation blows.

cuttygiantsfan
02-01-2008, 10:43 PM
I know, and I was merely pointing out this is quite the "depression". The Giants haven't been relevant in years.

years? really cuz last i checked we were in the 2002 world series.....

cuttygiantsfan
02-01-2008, 10:43 PM
if the giants havent neither have the marlins....

marlinsfan24
02-02-2008, 12:58 AM
2002-Florida 79 83 .488
2003-Florida 91 71 .562
2004-Florida 83 79 .512
2005-Florida 83 79 .512
2006-Florida 78 84 .481
2007-Florida 71 91 .438

marlinsfan24
02-02-2008, 01:01 AM
2002-San Francisco 95 66 .590
2003-San Francisco 100 61 .621
2004-San Francisco 91 71 .562
2005-San Francisco 75 87 .463
2006-San Francisco 76 85 .472
2007-San Francisco 71 91 .438

marlinsfan24
02-02-2008, 01:01 AM
if the giants havent neither have the marlins....

marlins, last winning season=2005
giants, last winning season=2004

Marlins play in a tougher division, remember in 2006 when almost every NL West team finished under .500?

yea, so the marlins have been more relevant then the giants

also remember, 03, when u guys won 100 game...yea we beat u in the playoffs. when it counts!!

dylanvw
02-02-2008, 01:29 AM
also check everything else like team ba, field percentage. track record of everything. and u guys barely beat us on the suppose to be sac fly. we had that game.

marlinsfan24
02-02-2008, 01:34 AM
also check everything else like team ba, field percentage. track record of everything. and u guys barely beat us on the suppose to be sac fly. we had that game.

is barley win go in the win column or the loss column, o yea, thats right the win column

and idk if u no, but marlins had one of the best fielding percentages in the mlb till 2006. and we've been a good hitting team ever since miggy hit the mlb. we will be without him next year, but we have hanley, who do u guys have? yep, thats right...NO ONE!!

cain=future2
02-02-2008, 02:12 AM
You West-Coasters are driving me nuts. I know the Marlins play in a small market but surely you've heard of guys like Hanley Ramirez and Dan Uggla. And you're telling me Xavier Nady will have a better season than eitehr of them?
Y'all are crazy. The Marlins will no doubt end up with a better record than either of these teams, just as they have each of the past 3 seasons.

i mean if you call one year of being really bad irrelevan then yes the giants have been "irrelevent for years", but a normal person would call it a down year.

dylanvw
02-02-2008, 03:36 AM
we have no one? we have cain lincecum zito lowry correia sanchez and misch who will shut down your marlins.

dylanvw
02-02-2008, 03:37 AM
oh and just a thot, remember the walk offs giants had in 07 agaisnt marlins???
wasnt it two out of 3 games were walk offs. hmmmmm

Humongo
02-02-2008, 03:55 AM
Gorzelanny and Snell are a pretty good, young 1-2 punch. Along with Cain and Lincecum, I'd say that they're one of the best young duos in baseball.

dylanvw
02-02-2008, 04:41 PM
yea, but im hoping snell goes mariners

fishfan79
02-02-2008, 06:03 PM

who has won a WS more recently yanks or Marlins? :)

That said The Marlins always surprise folks last year was the sophmore slump year for their team and they were injured more then any team in baseball, I expect them to be alot better in pitching, specially with a wonderful potential bullpen too.

I wouldnt count out Maybin as potentially RoY too

fishfan79
02-02-2008, 06:07 PM
we have no one? we have cain lincecum zito lowry correia sanchez and misch who will shut down your marlins.

I wouldnt say that the fish last 2 years in a row were one of the top offenses in baseball, to be fair even with the loss of Hanley they are still up there and if you take into effect their rotation the year before (assuming health returns for some of those very talented pitchers) also with the potential of miller (just as high potential as lincecum), you then see a team chalk full of talent

Hermida is going to be an all star RF that is a 5 tool talent
Hanley is the best SS in baseball
Willingham and uggla can easily get the ball out as well

Numbers wise our offense and bullpen are better then yours. Your top 2 isbetter then ours but overall you can easily argue the fish could easily be better this year by the second half and for 3-4 years in the future.

But really it doesnt matter this is the my "c...." is bigger then yours arguement.

At least the fish didnt waste cash onthat zito contract :)

marlinsfan24
02-02-2008, 07:13 PM
thank u fishfan for putting it best, Marlins are better than the other 2 teams. close thread

lincecum=future
02-02-2008, 07:36 PM
thank u fishfan for putting it best, Marlins are better than the other 2 teams. close thread

:rolleyes: I'd say the Giants are the best out of those 3 teams now. Followed by the Pirates and then the Marlins. But trust me if the Marlins hold on to their core players they have now they will be dominant in the near future.

iam brett favre
02-02-2008, 07:37 PM
marlins are better

GHGHCP
02-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Out of the 3 teams the Giants are better because of their solid pitching but imo will have the worst record of the bunch. My reasoning behind that is the Giants are in the Nl West and won't realy have another team at their level to trade wins with while on the other hand the Marlins and Pirates do.

REGular
02-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Dude you really need to work on your reading comprehension.

In the very portion of my post that you quoted I stated:

The Marlins will no doubt end up with a better record than either of these teams, just as they have each of the past 3 seasons.

You respond:

i mean if you call one year of being really bad . . .

Anyhoo, I didn't call the Giants irrelevant because they've been a bad team in recent years, I called the Giants irrelevant because they haven't won the World Series in over 50 years!

DLee25
02-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Marlins

Kyle man
02-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I'd say the Bucs

dylanvw
02-04-2008, 12:36 AM
hanley best ss in baseball????!?!? now nobody can take you seriously. except other marlin fans

Shieldsz
02-04-2008, 12:37 AM
{o:o} Pirates!

REGular
02-04-2008, 12:59 AM
hanley best ss in baseball????!?!? now nobody can take you seriously. except other marlin fans

I know it's right there between him & Omar Visquel, right?

Anyhoo, what names would you put in the discussion?
There's Rollins, Reyes, Jeter, Tulo, who else?

R RBI HR SB Avg Slg
Hanley: 125 81 29 51 .332 .562
Rollins: 139 94 30 39 .296 .442
Reyes: 119 57 12 78 .280 .421
Jeter: 102 73 12 15 .322 .452
Tulo: 104 99 24 7 .291 .479

So for you to imply that it's ludicrous to put Hanley in the discussion of best SS in the game is ridiculous. His defense may not be good as the others, but there are certainly "experts" out there who would choose Han-Ram for their team over the other guys in this small sample size.
And the fact that you aren't aware of that might say that you should be the one who isn't "taken seriously".

D.P. Master
02-04-2008, 01:05 AM

The irony of your post is that no one will take you seriously now after you said this.

dylanvw
02-04-2008, 01:29 AM
if he was best SS in baseball then why wasnt he mvp. why isnt his defense good,, common now. jeter and rollins are both better

D.P. Master
02-04-2008, 01:37 AM
if he was best SS in baseball then why wasnt he mvp. why isnt his defense good,, common now. jeter and rollins are both better

His offense is good enough to overcome his defensive liabilities. Since when does the MVP in baseball ever go to the best offensive player in the league? It goes to the best player on the best teams more often than not. And by the fact that you knock Hanley's defense while mentioning Jeter as being better makes your rationale all the more ridiculous.

dylanvw
02-04-2008, 01:44 AM
look wat jeter has done. over the years and all making all those clutch defensive plays to make his team win. ( i cant belive im sticking up for a yankee). all those diving into the stands and "the flip" allowing his team to accomplish the greatest goal.

nate_1346
02-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Is this for real the Giants.

Jimmy3702
02-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Giants are better

D.P. Master
02-04-2008, 01:59 AM
look wat jeter has done. over the years and all making all those clutch defensive plays to make his team win. ( i cant belive im sticking up for a yankee). all those diving into the stands and "the flip" allowing his team to accomplish the greatest goal.

Stop watching ESPN's highlights for a second and look at his defensive stats (and I don't mean errors).

MooseWithFleas
02-04-2008, 02:06 AM
lol best thread ever!!! they are all so bad! the better question will any win 60 games?

rattyb
02-04-2008, 02:14 AM
^^^^^ combined lol

dylanvw
02-04-2008, 02:24 AM
yea theyll all prob win 70

REGular
07-21-2008, 10:44 AM
lol best thread ever!!! they are all so bad! the better question will any win 60 games?

Update:

Marlins - 8 wins to go (0.5 game behind division leader)
Pirates - 16 wins to go (14 games behind division leader)
Giants - 20 wins to go (8 games behind division leader)

This was one of my favorite threads pre-season, and it's really quite the laugher to go through again now.

And since any thread dealing with the Marlins will be locked and/or deleted, let's see how this one turns out.