PDA

View Full Version : Are there studs in the O's farm

sleewizard
01-18-2008, 11:57 PM
I know that Matt Weiters is an excellent and highly talented prospect, and Billy Rowell has high upside but could be a bust. They have a log jam of pitching.
WHAT do u guys think about their farm system........give me a grade of A,B,C, etc. and then highlight some prospects you think are impressive for the O's.

Seiya
01-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Wieters is legit..and Rowell is another promising guy.
IM a big fan of Penn..just think he deserves more of a chance to play on the team.
Liz should do nothing but benefit moving to the bullpen, not a overall strong system but 2-3 HIGH quality guys..
Overall rank from me C+

evasiveanswers
01-19-2008, 01:45 AM
I'd give it a C. Topheavy, and a bit on the raw side. I don't see anyone who's an absoloute can't miss type, but there are a lot of very promising young players.

Humongo
02-07-2008, 11:11 PM
C-, A+ once Jones and Tillman hit town :)

Driven
02-08-2008, 12:20 AM
I'd go B-. They have some solid guys like Reimold (who I think is better than Markakis) in there too.

nickymintz
02-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Troy Patton

Varick
03-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Well along with the obvious Rowell, Liz and Wieters the O's have a guy named Nolan Reimold. He plays RF and should handle the stick nicely in the bigs though me is about a year away. Also Troy Patton (acquired in the Tejada deal) is a great prospect but is now out for the year with TJ surgery.

*ALL SEATTLE*
04-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Nobody ever talked about Adam Jones, Chris Tillman, Kam Mickolio, or Tony Butler when they were with the Mariners. Now everyone thinks the O's have the best Farm. Jones wont get that far, Tillman hasn't really even thrown against pro players, nobody knows who Butler is, and Mickolio is like 7feet tall. I'd give it a C+

C1Bman88
04-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Nobody ever talked about Adam Jones, Chris Tillman, Kam Mickolio, or Tony Butler when they were with the Mariners. Now everyone thinks the O's have the best Farm. Jones wont get that far, Tillman hasn't really even thrown against pro players, nobody knows who Butler is, and Mickolio is like 7feet tall. I'd give it a C+

I'm really surprised that you have no confidence in Jones. Kid's only what, 21, 22? Give him some time to develop first.

You're actually the first person I've heard that isn't too excited about those two kids in particular.

Gigantes4Life
04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
He's probably just sad to see them leave Seattle and wants them to fail now :shrug:

x the game x
03-06-2009, 03:33 PM
^agreed

PhillyLuver
03-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Massive bump.

They have a really good farm imo.