PDA

View Full Version : Third base prospects

xander
01-14-2008, 01:17 AM
List your top two or three third base prospects that will begin 2008 in the minors.

Humongo
01-14-2008, 03:01 AM
Mariners are Matt Mangini and Matt Tuiasosopo.

xander
01-14-2008, 09:21 PM
I meant, in general. Not just for your team, but it's always nice to know up-and-comers

yaowowrocket11
01-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Headley for San Diego is one of the best in my knowledge.

Seiya
01-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Top of the list is definitely Longoria..and then Headley..:)

aroy025
01-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Evan Longoria
Andy Laroche
Brandon Wood
Chase Headley

Spider Pig
01-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Andy LaRoche and Evan Longoria are the best to my knowledge. Brandon Wood is also very good but I thought he was a SS... :shrug:

xander
01-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Evan Longoria
Andy Laroche
Brandon Wood
Chase Headley

I'm pretty sure Wood will start in the majors.

BaRRySandAmaN
01-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Longoria is definatly #1 IMO. I also would like to throw a up and coming guy look out for the bat and hopefully this year he brings his glove with him, Mat Gamel, Brewers Organization.

Cubsrule
01-21-2008, 04:14 AM
Longoria is definatly #1 IMO. I also would like to throw a up and coming guy look out for the bat and hopefully this year he brings his glove with him, Mat Gamel, Brewers Organization.

No, he would not break the top 10 third basemen in the minors on any list. The top five are

1. Longoria
2. Wood
3. Headly
4. Vitters
5. Laroche

Gamel has spent the last three years in A ball and will be 23 this year.

fishfan79
01-21-2008, 02:15 PM
It is longoria then the rest pretty much for most ready and highest potential after that there is a long drop though.

WiscoSports
01-28-2008, 04:00 PM
No, he would not break the top 10 third basemen in the minors on any list. The top five are

1. Longoria
2. Wood
3. Headly
4. Vitters
5. Laroche

Gamel has spent the last three years in A ball and will be 23 this year.

Gamel got promoted to AA late last year and will probably do the same if he keeps raking the way he did last year. His glove is questionable and if he somehow figures it out then he will have a future with the Big ball club in Milwaukee but if not and we have to move him out to the OF then his future is somewhat cloudy and possibly not with the Brewers. I hope that he figures his defensive woes out so he can stick with the Brewers org. because I think he will be a very good Major Leaguer. Btw where does it say that being 23 in AA is a bad thing? Did you ever have trouble learning things?

Cubsrule
01-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Gamel got promoted to AA late last year and will probably do the same if he keeps raking the way he did last year. His glove is questionable and if he somehow figures it out then he will have a future with the Big ball club in Milwaukee but if not and we have to move him out to the OF then his future is somewhat cloudy and possibly not with the Brewers. I hope that he figures his defensive woes out so he can stick with the Brewers org. because I think he will be a very good Major Leaguer. Btw where does it say that being 23 in AA is a bad thing? Did you ever have trouble learning things?

It'd not just age, its the fact he had to stay in A ball for three years before he got promoted. Age is a factor when talking prospects.

BaRRySandAmaN
01-28-2008, 04:54 PM

Exactly.... :mad:I wasnt saying he was a top 5 guy read the post I was saying a up and coming guy for his BAT..... and hopefully he brings his glove.

Longoria blows everyone away, that kid is a stud.:clap:

papipapsmanny
01-28-2008, 05:27 PM
cant wait to see what will middlebrooks can do

WiscoSports
01-28-2008, 09:52 PM
It'd not just age, its the fact he had to stay in A ball for three years before he got promoted. Age is a factor when talking prospects.

And hes only 22and in AA. I really dont see a problem, he wont be 23 till July which is about half way through a Minor League season. And if the promotions keep going he will be in Milwaukee in September in 09 when he is only 24 which is about the age players come up. You act like he is a 27 that just got to AA, he is still young and will be a good major league IMO but the question is if he is gonna be able to stick at 3rd or not ( if not then he is a trade piece for the Brewers). BTW Gamel hit very well in the Winter league in Hawaii: .333 avg, 8 HR, 25 RBI, 17 BB, 30 SO, .410 OBP, .608 SLG, 1.018 OPS with 3 SB in 33 games and 120 AB. To me thats pretty darn good.

Cubsrule
01-29-2008, 04:08 PM
And hes only 22and in AA. I really dont see a problem, he wont be 23 till July which is about half way through a Minor League season. And if the promotions keep going he will be in Milwaukee in September in 09 when he is only 24 which is about the age players come up. You act like he is a 27 that just got to AA, he is still young and will be a good major league IMO but the question is if he is gonna be able to stick at 3rd or not ( if not then he is a trade piece for the Brewers). BTW Gamel hit very well in the Winter league in Hawaii: .333 avg, 8 HR, 25 RBI, 17 BB, 30 SO, .410 OBP, .608 SLG, 1.018 OPS with 3 SB in 33 games and 120 AB. To me thats pretty darn good.

So did Kyler Burke, that does not tell me much when a guy is playing lower level talent. The problem is he got into A ball when he was 19 and did not get promoted to high A ball until he was 21. Spending almost three years at one level. His highest OPS was .850 there as well, pretty low for a 21 year old. Gamel also ranks in the 5-8 range in the Brewers top ten prospects list. Which is not very good considering the state of their system after all the promotions. All in all, he maybe cracks the top 30 best third basemen in the minors. Nothing more.

WiscoSports
01-29-2008, 06:19 PM
So did Kyler Burke, that does not tell me much when a guy is playing lower level talent. The problem is he got into A ball when he was 19 and did not get promoted to high A ball until he was 21. Spending almost three years at one level. His highest OPS was .850 there as well, pretty low for a 21 year old. Gamel also ranks in the 5-8 range in the Brewers top ten prospects list. Which is not very good considering the state of their system after all the promotions. All in all, he maybe cracks the top 30 best third basemen in the minors. Nothing more.

I cant explain it any other way because its not getting into your head, it doesnt matter that he spent 3 or whatever years in A ball he struggled so what now he is doing well and in AA at 22, and he wont be 23 till July and will likely be moved to AAA near the end of the year so being in AAA at 23 is considered bad? You seem to be stuck on someone repeating levels, newsflash it happens, kids struggle they learn and move up. Now if you cant get over that he repeated levels lets talk about your very own Rich Hill, didnt he come up at 26 I mean you keep knocking Gamel for his troubles what about Hill? Is he good or because he repeated levels he must suck or not be in the discussion of the prospects in his category because he repeated levels. Game is in top 20 imo of 3b prospects. Also if you didnt know there are two levels to A ball so he was in West Virginia for 2 years then moved to Brevard County A+ ball last year and later moved to AA.

Cubsrule
01-29-2008, 07:31 PM
I cant explain it any other way because its not getting into your head, it doesnt matter that he spent 3 or whatever years in A ball he struggled so what now he is doing well and in AA at 22, and he wont be 23 till July and will likely be moved to AAA near the end of the year so being in AAA at 23 is considered bad? You seem to be stuck on someone repeating levels, newsflash it happens, kids struggle they learn and move up. Now if you cant get over that he repeated levels lets talk about your very own Rich Hill, didnt he come up at 26 I mean you keep knocking Gamel for his troubles what about Hill? Is he good or because he repeated levels he must suck or not be in the discussion of the prospects in his category because he repeated levels. Game is in top 20 imo of 3b prospects. Also if you didnt know there are two levels to A ball so he was in West Virginia for 2 years then moved to Brevard County A+ ball last year and later moved to AA.

Yeah it happens, but the guys that it happens too are usually not highly touted prospects. Get it thru your head, a guy that can handle promotions is more sought after than a guy who cannot. Hill usually needed to repeat levels a second time, thus why he was never a highly touted prospect. I can't find anywhere that he got any ay-bats at AA.

WiscoSports
01-30-2008, 12:52 AM
Yeah it happens, but the guys that it happens too are usually not highly touted prospects. Get it thru your head, a guy that can handle promotions is more sought after than a guy who cannot. Hill usually needed to repeat levels a second time, thus why he was never a highly touted prospect. I can't find anywhere that he got any ay-bats at AA.

Ok the only stats i found was the link reports that we had on Brewerfan.net

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2007_09_16_monaax_hunaax_1

and this shows hes on AA team http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=559

Also I never said he was a top prospect and no one ever did. The other guy said look out for Gamel cause he is on the rise. He is imo in the top 20 of 3b Prospects which all of them arnt highly touted. He was a 4th round pick for the Brewers in 05 of course he isnt going to be highly touted. Just look at Corey Hart he was a 11th round pick and he is very good. You dont have to be highly touted to be good or because you wernt highly touted you cant become one. Fact is he is still a very nice prospect and will be a trade piece or if he can figure out his glove at 3b then he will be a good prospect for the major league team of the Brewers.

FriarFanatic
01-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Deefinitely Evan Longoria and then Andy LaRoche or Headley

Cubsrule
01-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Ok the only stats i found was the link reports that we had on Brewerfan.net

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2007_09_16_monaax_hunaax_1

and this shows hes on AA team http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=559

Also I never said he was a top prospect and no one ever did. The other guy said look out for Gamel cause he is on the rise. He is imo in the top 20 of 3b Prospects which all of them arnt highly touted. He was a 4th round pick for the Brewers in 05 of course he isnt going to be highly touted. Just look at Corey Hart he was a 11th round pick and he is very good. You dont have to be highly touted to be good or because you wernt highly touted you cant become one. Fact is he is still a very nice prospect and will be a trade piece or if he can figure out his glove at 3b then he will be a good prospect for the major league team of the Brewers.

Well that was my point, guys who repeat levels are not as sought after or given as great of reports. But that does not mean he can't contribute. He probably has very little value though in a trade.

laxtonto
01-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Longoria, Headly, LaRoach, and dont forget about the Davis kid in Texas unless they move him the 1st

Cubsrule
01-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Longoria, Headly, LaRoach, and dont forget about the Davis kid in Texas unless they move him the 1st

Na, Longoria and Wood are the best. Followed by Headly, Vitters, and Laroche. Davis would not make the top 10.

WiscoSports
01-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Well that was my point, guys who repeat levels are not as sought after or given as great of reports. But that does not mean he can't contribute. He probably has very little value though in a trade.

He repeated a level once at the age of 19. I still dont get what you have against the guy, maybe its your Cub bias. Hes becoming a prospect and 4th or 5th in the Brewers System ( Parra, LaPorta, Jeffress, Escobar, Gamel). You dont think he's good and I do maybe we should just agree to disagree. Also where do you get that he has very little trade value? He was mentioned in trades to the Cards and the Twins. He has value you just dont see it yet.

Cubsrule
01-30-2008, 05:32 PM
He repeated a level once at the age of 19. I still dont get what you have against the guy, maybe its your Cub bias. Hes becoming a prospect and 4th or 5th in the Brewers System ( Parra, LaPorta, Jeffress, Escobar, Gamel). You dont think he's good and I do maybe we should just agree to disagree. Also where do you get that he has very little trade value? He was mentioned in trades to the Cards and the Twins. He has value you just dont see it yet.

It's not that I am bias by any stretch, if he was as good as you say he is, then why has he not been traded. He's a decent prospect, nothing more. You don't think your being bias making him a bigger trading chip than he is?

zzConflict
01-30-2008, 05:50 PM
I'd take Villalona over most guys mentioned in here.

Cubsrule
01-30-2008, 05:54 PM
I'd take Villalona over most guys mentioned in here.

You would take Villalona over Longoria or Headly? Wow.

zzConflict
01-30-2008, 06:07 PM
You would take Villalona over Longoria or Headly? Wow.

I said most, over most, not all. Although I would definately take him over Headly just not Longoria.

WiscoSports
01-30-2008, 07:48 PM
It's not that I am bias by any stretch, if he was as good as you say he is, then why has he not been traded. He's a decent prospect, nothing more. You don't think your being bias making him a bigger trading chip than he is?

Maybe Im a little biased but he still is a nice add on piece to a trade. But why would the Brewers trade him if they dont need to? That doesnt make any sense, you dont trade someone just to trade them. If it helps the Current Brewers team then I say trade him but if it doesnt why not wait to see if he can figure out his glove at 3b.

Cubsrule
01-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Maybe Im a little biased but he still is a nice add on piece to a trade. But why would the Brewers trade him if they dont need to? That doesnt make any sense, you dont trade someone just to trade them. If it helps the Current Brewers team then I say trade him but if it doesnt why not wait to see if he can figure out his glove at 3b.

Wasn't it you that said.

He was mentioned in trades to the Cards and the Twins. He has value you just dont see it yet.

If he was mentioned and he has as much value as you say, wouldn't one of those trades been completed.

WiscoSports
01-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Wasn't it you that said.

If he was mentioned and he has as much value as you say, wouldn't one of those trades been completed.

Umm Ive said hes a nice throw in piece and you said he doesnt have much value at all, also those trades arnt centered around Gamel they where around Capuano and Bill Hall respectively. Its pointless debating about something we are never gonna agree on, my view on Gamel is he is a nice prospect and is rising in the ranks and IMO is top 20 in 3B prospects. Your view is well because he repeated West Virginia twice when he was only 19 he cant be that good and up there in rankings.

Cubsrule
01-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Umm Ive said hes a nice throw in piece and you said he doesnt have much value at all, also those trades arnt centered around Gamel they where around Capuano and Bill Hall respectively. Its pointless debating about something we are never gonna agree on, my view on Gamel is he is a nice prospect and is rising in the ranks and IMO is top 20 in 3B prospects. Your view is well because he repeated West Virginia twice when he was only 19 he cant be that good and up there in rankings.

My view is based on age, repeating levels, his highest OPS of .850, which came in high A as a 21 year old, and career high of 17 homeruns. He's obviously not a legit prospect, and likely won't make or break a deal. He would be a decent throw in, I can agree with that.

WiscoSports
01-31-2008, 12:52 AM
My view is based on age, repeating levels, his highest OPS of .850, which came in high A as a 21 year old, and career high of 17 homeruns. He's obviously not a legit prospect, and likely won't make or break a deal. He would be a decent throw in, I can agree with that.

Gamel Played 8 games in WV in 05 then played a whole season there in 06 then moved to Brevard County A+ affiliate for the Brewers in 07 and got moved I believe just before the playoffs in Huntsville (Brewers AA affiliate) . So how is he repeating a level? Haha and hes only 22 in AA, he is so old. You are making him out to be some 26 year old going into AA ball. Still a good prospect.

Cubsrule
01-31-2008, 12:58 AM
Gamel Played 8 games in WV in 05 then played a whole season there in 06 then moved to Brevard County A+ affiliate for the Brewers in 07 and got moved I believe just before the playoffs in Huntsville (Brewers AA affiliate) . So how is he repeating a level? Haha and hes only 22 in AA, he is so old. You are making him out to be some 26 year old going into AA ball. Still a good prospect.

Age is a factor, thats what you don't get. I am making him out what he is, sure he is not as far as behind as others. But most legit players can make it to AA full time after three years in the minors. Gamel didn't.

cuttygiantsfan
01-31-2008, 01:05 AM
villalona.....in 3-4 years

WiscoSports
01-31-2008, 02:30 AM
Age is a factor, thats what you don't get. I am making him out what he is, sure he is not as far as behind as others. But most legit players can make it to AA full time after three years in the minors. Gamel didn't.

So you discredit him as a prospect cause it took him 3 1/2 years for him to get to AA? Man I have been telling you he is ONLY 22 going on 23 in July, thats still young and still a good age to be in AA. We are definetely not getting anywhere with this stupid argument. I think this boils down to is I think hes a good prospect and you think hes ok but wont turn into anything. How about we just leave it at that?

Cubsrule
01-31-2008, 02:33 AM
So you discredit him as a prospect cause it took him 3 1/2 years for him to get to AA? Man I have been telling you he is ONLY 22 going on 23 in July, thats still young and still a good age to be in AA. We are definetely not getting anywhere with this stupid argument. I think this boils down to is I think hes a good prospect and you think hes ok but wont turn into anything. How about we just leave it at that?

Sure, but if the trend continues he is not gonna make it to the bigs till he is 26. I think he is an ok prospect, but he'll be lucky to make it to the bigs. We can leave it at that.

WiscoSports
01-31-2008, 02:35 AM
Sure, but if the trend continues he is not gonna make it to the bigs till he is 26. I think he is an ok prospect, but he'll be lucky to make it to the bigs. We can leave it at that.

Sounds good.

Cubsrule
01-31-2008, 02:43 AM
Sounds good.

Ok, good debate:D

WiscoSports
01-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Ok, good debate:D

Lol yea it was. Good luck to the Cubs cause they are gonna need it this year against the Brewers ;)

good spliff
02-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Angel Villalona 3B San Francisco Giants

hands down.

Humongo
02-11-2008, 12:24 AM
If by hands down, you mean the 4th or 5th best 3B prospect then I agree.

Longoria, Headley, Wood are all better.

zzConflict
02-11-2008, 03:58 AM
Why is Headley so overrated on here? His tools aren't even that good he just has great makep, Villalona's ceiling is much higher, I'd take him over Headley any day.

brewersfan729
02-11-2008, 04:35 AM
The problem is he got into A ball when he was 19 and did not get promoted to high A ball until he was 21.

Wow a whole 23 at bats in A ball at age 19. Whoop de ****ing do.

Spending almost three years at one level.

Are you high or just incredibly stupid? How do he spend almost three years at one level? He went from Helena in 2005, got a promotion at the very end of the 2005 season to West Virginia, stayed at West Virginia in 2006 and went to Brevard County in 2007. Unless they keep moving the same minor league team around year after year he didn't stay at one level.

Oh yeah just an FYI the Brewers move ALL of their prospects up one level at a time. Ryan Braun was at every single level for the Brewers but he got moved up faster since he was an advanced college hitter.

His highest OPS was .850 there as well, pretty low for a 21 year old.

Yet he out hit Ryan Braun at the exact same level and Ryan Braun was 22 years old at the time he was there.

As for the 5-8 prospect ranking that's a joke. He should be no worse than 4th on any list. Honestly, Baseball America has Cole Gillespie ranked ahead of him?

All of this being said Gamel shouldn't be on a top 10 3B prospect list. His defense is putrid, worse than Braun's was.

Humongo
02-11-2008, 04:40 AM
Why is Headley so overrated on here? His tools aren't even that good he just has great makep, Villalona's ceiling is much higher, I'd take him over Headley any day.

OK, well Longoria is still better than Villalona.

zzConflict
02-11-2008, 11:24 AM
OK, well Longoria is still better than Villalona.

Yeah, absolutely.

xander
02-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Now he is. We dunno in two years from now (maybe 3)

Humongo
02-11-2008, 09:44 PM
...Says the Giant fan lol.

xander
02-11-2008, 11:06 PM
...Says the Giant fan lol.

There's are reason that he was signed for over 2 mil when he was just 16. I mean, he's probably just starting to shave.

Humongo
02-11-2008, 11:41 PM
No one is denying that he is good. But Longoria is a ****ing beast.

Joba Rules!!
02-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Have to go with Longoria, Vilanola isn't going to stay at third. Even if he stayed at third, he's too far away to be considered an elite prospect. Not even top 50 on milb.com.

9ersownnfl
02-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Have to go with Longoria, Vilanola isn't going to stay at third. Even if he stayed at third, he's too far away to be considered an elite prospect. Not even top 50 on milb.com.

he was #20 on keith law's list and #29 on bp's list

laxtonto
02-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Take Chrs Davis off of the Sleepers list at 3B... Texas just offically moved him to 1B.

L-MiLLZ44
02-19-2008, 07:21 PM
i like Vitters, but Longoria is going to be nasty

Humongo
03-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Keith Law has Matt Tuiasosopo as a big sleeper prospect that could creep into the top 100. He's got great plate discipline for someone his age and level.

WiscoSports
04-09-2008, 03:10 PM
This is to CUBSRULE, I have asked Jim Calis and John Manuel, both are with BA, and Both have said Gamel is a top 10 prospect at 3b.

I asked them on the ESPN chats this past week. Last week I asked Jim and today I asked John.

Just information you would like.

CarniifeX
04-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Evan Longoria (TB), Chase Headley (SD), and Brandon Wood (LAA)

CarniifeX
04-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Woohoo! That was my 100th post, now my 101st post. Now I can put up the Sig I made!

C1Bman88
04-10-2008, 12:58 AM
This is to CUBSRULE, I have asked Jim Calis and John Manuel, both are with BA, and Both have said Gamel is a top 10 prospect at 3b.

I asked them on the ESPN chats this past week. Last week I asked Jim and today I asked John.

Just information you would like.

Good luck keeping Gamel at 3B, though.

b-intellect
04-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Good luck keeping Gamel at 3B, though.

The Hardball Times had a breakdown on Mat Gamel (http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/hitting-prospects-to-watch-in-2008/) today (among others)...doesn't really go into his defense much, but have you heard anything about his defense so far this year?

C1Bman88
04-11-2008, 01:28 AM
The Hardball Times had a breakdown on Mat Gamel (http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/hitting-prospects-to-watch-in-2008/) today (among others)...doesn't really go into his defense much, but have you heard anything about his defense so far this year?

Gamel made 53 errors last year, from what I remember, and then an additional 10 in 30 games while in Winter Ball.

I've yet to hear anything about his defense this year, but considering how poor of a defender he was a little while back, I can't imagine he'd vastly improve in such a short span of time.

*ALL SEATTLE*
04-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Mariners are Matt Mangini and Matt Tuiasosopo.

yep he's right. but don't expect Tui to make it to MLB. He's just not that great.

*ALL SEATTLE*
04-11-2008, 04:21 PM
who is mat gamel anyway?

C1Bman88
04-11-2008, 04:54 PM
who is mat gamel anyway?

Brewers 3B prospect. Excellent line drive hitter; terrible, terrible glove.

marlinsfan2
04-12-2008, 10:05 AM
matt dominguez.
dallas mcpherson is crushing the ball but he wont come up.

CarniifeX
04-12-2008, 02:19 PM
matt dominguez.
dallas mcpherson is crushing the ball but he wont come up.

Ya, McPherson was beasting for us too, but then he had major back problems.

marlinsfan2
04-12-2008, 04:59 PM
he seems to be healthy though. he has no major league future with us

CarniifeX
04-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Brewers 3B prospect. Excellent line drive hitter; terrible, terrible glove.

Kind of like Ryan Braun.

C1Bman88
04-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Kind of like Ryan Braun.

Yeah, that's a good comparison.

Except Braun has more HR power and Gamel's more disciplined at the plate, and is also more of a gap hitter. Aside from that, yeah, I think they're relatively similar.

WiscoSports
04-16-2008, 03:35 PM
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Gamel%20%203B&pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=451143

Gamel's Stats this year not off to a great start but should be better later on. 53 errors last year in 128 games. This year he is working with a couple of great defenders Don Money and someone else I cant remember right now and has 4 errors in 13 games this year. Which (him playing in 130 games) turns out to be 40 errors which is an improvement and I expect him to improve through the season as well.

brewersfan729
07-15-2008, 04:37 AM
So how about Gamel now? Leads the Southern League in BA (.375), 2nd in OBP (.433), 1st in SLG% (.612), 1st in OPS (1.045), 3rd in homers (15), 1st in doubles (33) and 1st in total bases (233).

fishfan79
07-15-2008, 11:25 AM
may I point out best defensive 3rd base prospect in the minors, Matt dominguez

kid is amazing wit hthe glove

C1Bman88
07-15-2008, 12:43 PM
So how about Gamel now? Leads the Southern League in BA (.375), 2nd in OBP (.433), 1st in SLG% (.612), 1st in OPS (1.045), 3rd in homers (15), 1st in doubles (33) and 1st in total bases (233).

I don't think anybody questions Gamel's bat.

brewersfan729
07-15-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't think anybody questions Gamel's bat.

You obviously haven't read this whole thread. Here's what Cubsrule had to say about Gamel on page 3.

C1Bman88
07-16-2008, 01:55 AM
You obviously haven't read this whole thread. Here's what Cubsrule had to say about Gamel on page 3.

Sorry. Nobody that understands Baseball and prospects questions Gamel's bat. That was also written in January . . .I'm pretty sure his opinion has changed by now.

WiscoSports
07-17-2008, 09:05 PM

Yeah he must have some a lot of egg on his face, I even discredited him a little bit. cubsrule hasnt been on here for quite awhile too. Oh well Gamel is most likely going to the outfield or firstbase.