PDA

View Full Version : Astros Fans Check In

tripleplay2007
12-31-2007, 01:58 AM
Wow, spring training is just around the corner! Just a few months away, I am very excited about our Astros 2008 season. Baseball is amazing. There is no better feeling in the world then stepping inside of the ball park, all the noise, the sound of bats popping, kids yelling for autographs and of course the beautiful field. :D With Wade making all of these changes you can't help but be excited to see all of the new faces. Even our new steroid pumping friend *Miguel Tejada*. This is gonna be a fun season, win or lose. Hopfully we can get a little more pitching before the season, but i realy dont think that -->

1 Roy Oswalt
2 Brandon Backe
3 Wandy Rodriguez
4 Chris Sampson
5 Woody Williams

--> Is as bad as a rotation as some people think. As long as our pitching staff stays healthy we will be in the fight for first place in the divison.

Well any ways, about the fan check in. I added in some stuff to mix things up a little and so we can get to know eachother alot better.

-Location-
-Favorite current Astro-
-Favorite former Astro-
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]-
-Favorite teams besides the Astros-
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade-
-Best moment at a MLB game-
-Most historic MLB record-
-Favorite movie-
-Hobbies-
-Anything else you would care to share-

tripleplay2007
12-31-2007, 02:06 AM
-Location- Nacogdoches, Texas
-Favorite current Astro- Roy O and Carlos Lee
-Favorite former Astro- Craig Biggio
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- I'm playing Varsity highschool ball, this is my sophmore year.
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- None
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- sign Jennings for cheap one year deal and see what he can do.
-Best moment at a MLB game- I got David Wrights autograph after a game, and I got Randy Johnson's as well. lol. all that with a stros hat on. :D
-Most historic MLB record- triple crown...
-Favorite movie- Sling Blade. lol
-Hobbies- Baseball, I love the game.
-Anything else you would care to share- My uncle hit a homerun on Andy Pettite in highschool. lol

Sportznut
12-31-2007, 02:16 AM
Whats up Triple, Im new on here but been reading in on these forums for awhile now.. Cant believe i waited..lol. anyhow..

-Location- Galleria Area, but about to move to spring
-Favorite current Astro- Backe, (former teammate of mine)
-Favorite former Astro- Terry Puhl
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- Played little league, played baseball at Spring Woods High ranked #1 in the Nation, Played colege for two years and then minor league ball for 5 years. Im now 27 and retired.. for now....
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- RED SOX !!!
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- I would have traded lidge and Lee to the Red Sox for Manny.. honestly, if you can play the "Monsta" you can play MMP left field fence...
-Best moment at a MLB game-First game.. Nolan Ryans no hitter with the Astos
-Most historic MLB record- Cal Ripkins
-Favorite movie- Eight men out, and Bull Durham
-Hobbies- sports, from baseball, hockey, beach volleyball and beer softball.. and i take care of my beautiful girlfriend is 4months pregnant with both of our first child..
-Anything else you would care to share- Already got my tixs for the Boston series and plan on being at opening day..

Thats about it. love going out and watching games and drinking lots of beer.. more now then ever with my woman being 4 months prego....lol

tripleplay2007
12-31-2007, 02:35 AM
wow, how much did those tickets cost you for the sox game? my grandma lives a block away from spring h.s. that is pretty awesome. what is your name? what college did u play at and what major league afflicate did you play for? thats pretty awesome, i knew that someone in here had some kinda experience. lol. im happy i posted the baseball experience. lol

Sportznut
12-31-2007, 02:53 AM
Well first of all the tixs were free... and Spring Woods is not Spring.. Beckett and I had many battles.. I played ball at Galveston JUCO before moving to San Diego, Ca. The JUCO schools in Cali need and love Texas Pitchers.. (remember that)... and i was with Tampa Bay for a year, thats how i know backe, i was a 3rd baseman, and he was an outfielder.. I played in st. louis in 2003, and in Corpus in 2005 before going to Arizona in 2006. I have since retired, due to (2) hernias, and knee,ankle,elbow, and shoulder operations.. I still play, but playing here in town is easier on the body then all of the traveling..lol...

nickymintz
12-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Location- Houston
Favorite current astro- Lance Berkman
favorite former astros- Craig Biggio
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- Little League and High School
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Mets
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- Sign Livan Hernandez
-Best moment at a MLB game- Chris Burke 18inning home run
-Most historic MLB record- Joe Dimmagio 56 game hitting streak
-Favorite movie- Billy Madison

nschneid
12-31-2007, 01:47 PM
-Favorite current Astro: TIE Berkman/Pence
-Favorite former Astro: Mike Scott
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]: NONE, i'm just a fan of the game
-Favorite teams besides the Astros: Athletics, Red Sox...i've gotten the weekend off where the Sox are in Houston, but not the tickets yet...Sportznut how did you get yours? they're not on sale yet
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade: Sign Matt Clement, Jeremy Affeldt. Livan would be nice but a last resort b/c he is a Type A free agent
-Best moment at a MLB game: well the scariest is that i was at the game where Larry Dierker had his stroke in the dugout...the best was watching Andy Pettitte & Lance Berkman & Brad Lidge hold off the Phillies on Labor Day 2005 w/ a bunch of friends who are Phillie fans at Citizens Bank Park
-Most historic MLB record: Ripken
-Favorite movie: too many to count...Shawshank, Usual Suspects, Layer Cake, Godfather, Monty Python & the Holy Grail...just to name a few
-Hobbies: Fantasy Sports, Photography, Video Games
-Anything else you would care to share: while he was with the Astros, i always liked Geoff Blum, i don't know why. i was at the very first World Series game played in the state of Texas...i have a weird love/hate feeling toward that guy now because of that

strozers
12-31-2007, 05:10 PM
-Favorite current Astro: Brandon Backe
-Favorite former Astro: Craig Biggio
-Baseball experience: Played for Rio Grande Valley Independent League.
-Favorite teams besides the Astros: Only astros ..but I will follow the teams that picked up astros in the offseason (Twins, Baltimore, Arizona, Philli)

-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade:- I think our offseason trading was very disorganized. We traded soo much and should have made more accomidating packages ..Here is what we could have done.........Traded for Dan Haren and Carlos Gomez signed Alexei Ramirez(ss), and kept Everette, Lamb, and Sarfate ..........that is a young fast team that does not need a healthy farm and very low salary ...we would be able to compete this year and sign someone like Sheets, Garland or Penny and a bat next year...Everrete and Ausmus would serve as mentors for Towels and Ramirez and Sarfate would be an established Closer for 09...

-Most historic MLB record: Craig 3000
-Favorite movie: Back to the Future 2
-Anything else you would care to share: I think we will be good, but pitching wins playoffs...I see a fire sale in the near future....

Sportznut
12-31-2007, 06:39 PM
well i got the tickets through a connection.. I was there at Fenway for the 2004 World Series.. im part of the red sox nation.. but also am a homer and love the stros.. ALWAYS WILL !!

joel
01-01-2008, 01:55 AM
Location- Spring, TX
-Favorite current Astro- Oswalt, but Pence is trying to push his way up
-Favorite former Astro- Bagwell
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- Little League
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- None
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- I think he has done as good a job as anyone could have. Jennings on a one year would be good.
-Best moment at a MLB game- Biggio's 3000 game. Going to game 3 of the WS. Followed by watching Clemens warm up.
-Most historic MLB record- Home Run Title
-Favorite movie- lots...
-Hobbies- poker, we play every monday if anyone is interested
-Anything else you would care to share- Jose Cruz used to be a customer at our families restaurant. Beckett graduated 2 years before me at my high school; he used to eat at our restaurant too. His family still does but I haven't seen him come in a couple years. Recently I got to meet Jesus Ortiz. He also came to our restaurant to have fans help him with his HOF ballot. Cool guy.

tripleplay2007
01-01-2008, 02:01 AM
wow, that must have been a awesome experience getting to meet all of these people related to the astros. Whats your families resteraunts name? my grandma lives realy close to spring hs

joel
01-01-2008, 04:25 AM
carlos mexican restaurant. well Jose Cruz was a customer in the 80's (im 25) so i never meet him, my dad did. I've never "meet" Josh Beckett. The times he came in after the WS with the marlins I was away at college. I did meet his grandfather, hehe.

But it is cool that they've all been to our place.

TheRedMarauder
01-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Were the hell did the original check in thread go? :confused:

tripleplay2007
01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
idk. lol. i couldnt find it

native_astro
01-02-2008, 09:07 PM
-Location: San Francisco, CA(native texan though...born and raised around Austin)
-Favorite current Astro- Hunter Pence.
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- High School
-Favorite teams besides the Astros-I go to alot of Giants games, but I just love the game of Baseball.
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- Sign Livan Hernandez to a multi year deal and sign Jason Jennings to a 1yr inective type deal.
-Best moment at a MLB game- I got to see Bonds hit 756...regardless on how you feel about the guy it was still a crazy moment.
-Most historic MLB record- Pete Rose all time hits of 4,256 or Cy Youngs's 511 wins.
-Favorite movie-Count of Monte Cristo
-Hobbies-Collect Sports Memrobilia
-Anything else you would care to share-Go Stros!

izzy
01-04-2008, 03:32 AM
-Location-9.4 miles SE of Minute maid park
-Favorite current Astro- berkman
-Favorite former Astro- bagwell
-Baseball experience[Little League][High school][College][Minors][MLB]- high school
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Yankees
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- sign Jennings
-Best moment at a MLB game- B-G-O's 3000th hit!
-Most historic MLB record- Nolan Ryan: 5714 k's
-Favorite movie- red line
-Hobbies- think about the astros
-Anything else you would care to share-whats up with all the dam signature's??

Benaforce
01-14-2008, 10:05 AM
-Location- Rheinland-Pfalz Germany
-Favorite current Astro- Berkman
-Favorite former Astro- Biggio
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool]
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- He seems to be doing fine so far.
-Best moment at a MLB game- Meeting Craig Biggio and Kevin Bass in 1988
-Favorite movie- Tombstone/Braveheart/Gladiator
-Hobbies- Sports

c0wb0y
01-14-2008, 03:17 PM
-Location- Houston
-Favorite current Astro- Pence & Oswalt
-Favorite former Astro- Bagwell & Biggio
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- Little League, Spring Woods High, Northbrook High & Im currently play now in a small league.
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Red sox
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- Sign 2 vet. pitchers at a low cost.
-Best moment at a MLB game- Caught a Homerun ball from H. Pence
-Favorite movie-Gone in 60 seconds/Troy
-Hobbies-Playing Baseball, Basketball & Football.

astrofan1
04-05-2008, 03:04 PM
-Location- Houston, Texas
-Favorite current Astro- Oswalt, Berkman, Lee
-Favorite former Astro- Biggio, Beltran
-Baseball experience- Been a fan sicne i was born.
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- He seems to be doing fine so far. Maybe add another pitcher.
-Best moment at a MLB game- I met Berkman, nice guy.
-Favorite movie- The Sandlot
-Hobbies- Sports

TheRedMarauder
04-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the Astros Forum.

rhino17
05-16-2008, 02:13 AM
Im not new but i never filled this out

-Location- Houston
-Favorite current Astro- Lance Berkman
-Favorite former Astro- Jose Lima
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- West U little League all star :D
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Giants/As

Astros BLT
05-16-2008, 01:17 PM
-Location- H Town
-Favorite former Astro- Jeff Bagwell
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- Little League, I play more basketball.
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Yankees, but right now its the D Rays shocker
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- Try to solidify the starting rotation, and bullpen if possible.
-Best moment at a MLB game- Seeing Chris Burke finally end the 18 inning marathon that I sat through against the Braves by hitting a homer.
-Favorite movie- The Departed love Scorsese's movies
-Hobbies- I watch a lot of my favorite sport, basketball(Rockets).. but I enjoy watching the Astros and going to games when the Rockets season comes to an end, year round sports!

TheRedMarauder
05-16-2008, 10:36 PM

TheTexan
06-07-2008, 05:06 PM
-Location- H Town
-Baseball experience- Was never able to play due to heart condition
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- IF I had to choose one, I would go Boston
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- We need pitching, spend the money on the pitching, it SUCKS
-Best moment at a MLB game- Just going to the games in the summer with my old man. Kind of a father son deal
-Favorite movie- Anything John Wayne.
-Hobbies- Read. I love to read historical fiction. Patrick O'Brien, Bernard Cromwell, and C.F. Forrester. All write damn good books.

Jahari Kavi
06-14-2008, 10:59 AM
-Location- Houston
-Favorite former Astro- Bags/Biggio
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- I love baseball, but I always sucked at playing it, lol
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- The Yankees...the cardinals and sox screwed up my dream World Series in '04, I wish evil things on both squads for eternity for doing that.
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- Fire myself and bring back Jerry Hunsicker
-Best moment at a MLB game- last year seeing Biggio hit his grand slam on the night he announced his retirement
-Most historic MLB record- Hank's HR record......he didn't need the juice
-Favorite movie- Silence of the Lambs
-Hobbies- Watching sports, reading, hanging with friends...the simple stuff
-Anything else you would care to share- Go Astros!!!

TheRedMarauder
06-14-2008, 11:51 AM

urth
07-07-2008, 10:12 PM
-Location- Mesa, AZ
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- Little League
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Don't really have one, but I watch the D'backs quite often since they're on a lot out here
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- find more pitching.
-Best moment at a MLB game- too many great ones to pick a best. the last game played in the dome will always be a fond memory though...
-Favorite movie- Big Lebowski
-Hobbies- sports... movies...

TheRedMarauder
07-07-2008, 10:30 PM

astro4life
07-19-2008, 12:53 AM
-Location- Spring, Texas
-Favorite current Astro- Big Puma
-Favorite former Astro- Billy Wagner, Nolan Ryan, Craig Biggio, Jeff Bagwell, Mike Scott, can't choose just one of them
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- High School
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Maybe the Rays or D-Backs because I like their uniforms
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- Sign Ben Sheets in the offseason, and hire a group of bodyguards just in case there is another Chacon incident
-Best moment at a MLB game- Biggio's 3000th hit, Kent's walk-off in 2004, Burke's walk-off in 2005, The 2005 World Series. I was there for all of them
-Most historic MLB record- The Ryan Express' 5714 Ks
-Favorite movie- The Dark Knight, Con Air, Die Hard, and Major League
-Hobbies- baseball and guitar
-Anything else you would care to share- Steve Bartman is my idol

lilboytwister99
07-19-2008, 10:57 AM
-Location- Houston, TX (Heights Area, 10 min from MMP)
-Favorite current Astro- Roy Oswalt
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- None on that level, just playing ball in the neighborhood.
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Boston Red Sox
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- I would resign as GM lol, I might consider signing Barry Bonds as a bench player. I mean why not he always gets on base.
-Best moment at a MLB game- I recall seeing Roger Clemens pitch against the Pirates and Brewers..... both games he was lights out.... it was truly amazing
-Most historic MLB record- Clemens / Johnson / Wood 20 strikeouts in a game, even though Johnson didnt do his in 9 innings
-Favorite movie- The Dark Knight (saw it last night it was AWESOME)
-Hobbies- Baseball, wrestling, playin with the dogs
-Anything else you would care to share- Yes I wish the Astros had better management and a better owner, young guy like Theo Epstein, we could definitely turn this team around.

Ya know, I guess theres no pitching help left at all for the Astros. Thats too bad I'd like them to try and snag one quality pitcher just to see what it would do for the team. I dont know bout Oswalt. I have faith in Wandy. Backe.... ehhhhh, Moehler, not too shabby, and whomever will take Chacon's place... good luck. Id like to see Sampson as a starter again. Or at least bring up a couple of minor league kids who knows what you may get.

TheRedMarauder
07-19-2008, 08:43 PM

DreamShaker
09-04-2008, 02:18 AM
-Location- Just moved from Needville, TX (near Sugarland) to Wichita Falls...
-Favorite former Astro- Nolan Ryan
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- Sucktitude.
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Red Sox...
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- More pitching...less Tejada
-Best moment at a MLB game- Went to a game when I was young and Biggio hit a walk-Off homer....
-Most historic MLB record- Hitting streak....
-Favorite movie- Anchorman or Happy Gilmore
-Hobbies- Basketball, singing/song-writing/music...

Robbw241
10-13-2008, 03:46 PM
-Location- NJ
-Favorite current Astro- Berkmayne
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- Babe Ruth *****es
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Yankees are #1
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- Trade the Yankees Berkman and Oswalt and Lee for Igawa
-Best moment at a MLB game- July 31st, 2007; the day I found out about PSD forums and the day before I joined. I went to a Yankees White Sox game. A Rod needed 1 more homer to have 500. 9 Homers were hit by the yankes, non of them by A Rod. I also got to boo farnsworth for the final time. It was also my last trip to Yankee Stadium:cry:
-Most historic MLB record- Boki Nacbars "greatest non MLB player" award
-Favorite movie- Harold and Kumar(The Original)
-Hobbies- Oh wouldnt you like to know TP so you could lead me into your rape cave
-Anything else you would care to share-Boki Nachbar is a beast.

jimbobjarree
10-13-2008, 03:52 PM
-Location- Hi, I'm from England
-Favorite current Astro- I have no idea who plays for th Astros...Berkman?
-Favorite former Astro- erm, wait I'l ask TP....saggy bags
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- I played once I think
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- not any baseball teams, maybe the Orioles cus Ripken is a effing Beast...I'm a huge Jazz fan of the NBA, I know how much you Houston guys love us.
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade-dunno, sign some baseball guys
-Best moment at a MLB game- never ever been
-Most historic MLB record- dont know
-Favorite movie- Anchorman, Team America, Step brothers....Semi Pro!
-Hobbies- basketball, soccer, doing nothing and being sim league commish
-Anything else you would care to share- my name is Mark, how are you doing?

Blackcar09
12-17-2008, 01:08 AM

-Favorite current Astro- prolly ozzie or pence

-Favorite former Astro- ensberg...seemed like such a great guy off the field

-Baseball experience- ps2 lol

-Favorite teams besides the Astros- the rays and red sox

-Least favorite team- the yankees...they buy talent

-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- good Q lol

-Best moment at a MLB game- i always go to opening day with my dad and some of his buddies from work, so thats always real neat to see the Astros play the first regular season game

-Anything else you would care to share- my fav jersey for the Astros is the white jersey with the red Astros lettering ;)

LAastro5
01-22-2009, 09:21 PM
-Favorite current Astro- Jack Cassel.
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Why cheer for any other team?
-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- Sign Andy Pettite. He is better than every pitcher besides Oswalt
-Best moment at a MLB game- 08 Red Sox series. I went with my fiancee and best friend and loved every second of that road trip
-Most historic MLB record- I dont care about records only world series wins
-Favorite movie- The Godfather
-Hobbies- Hanging out with friends and watching sports
-Anything else you would care to share- Go Astros win the division this year

matt21donkey
03-01-2009, 12:45 AM

-Favorite current Astro- Fat Elvis and Roy O

-Favorite former Astro- Baggy, Biggio

-Baseball experience- all through little league and varsity hs jr. and sr. yr.

-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Whoever is playing against the Yanks

-Least favorite team- the yankees- they represent everything that is wrong in baseball

-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- sign pudge for two years team option on second - so towels can get some more exp from a pro

-Best moment at a MLB game- Larry Walker hit two foul balls in a row that landed right in my lap this was a few years ago

-Anything else you would care to share- I am guilty of hating the astros just as much as i love em' when they go on their 2-10 streaks in the middle of the season then fall short at the end of the year

astros1981
07-31-2009, 06:29 PM
-Location- Corpus Christi, TX
-Favorite current Astro- Hunter Pence
-Favorite former Astro- Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio and Glenn Davis

-Favorite teams besides the Astros- In baseball, none. Cowboys and Spurs

What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- I would package Lee to any team that would eat up some salary.

-Best moment at a MLB game- April 9th 2005. My first Astro game I ever attended. I promised myself upon return from Iraq I would go see my team play. That night Roger was honored for his Cy Young award and his mom threw the first pitch. I saw Bagwell hit a HR over the Crawford boxes. He only hit 3 that year due to his injury. We were down most of the game. We had a runner on first in a 3-3 tie. Vizcaino sends one all the way to the right field fence and the winning run scores from first. Til this day that game gives me chills
-Favorite movie- Major League 2 "They'll blow it in the 9th, they will".

croce_99
04-29-2010, 04:25 PM
-Location- Iowa
-Favorite current Astro- Roy Oswalt
-Favorite former Astro- -
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- Watching Houston destroy the Cubs
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Used to be the Cubs, now I'm switching.
-Favorite movie- Tommy Boy :nod:
-Anything else you would care to share- I'm a bandwagon Astros fan for a few weeks.

EDUTEXANS
02-07-2011, 08:55 PM

-Favorite current Astro- Lee and Pence

-Favorite former Astro- Glenn Davis

-Baseball experience- ESPN

-Favorite teams besides the Astros- A little fan of red sox

-Least favorite team- Cardinals

-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- Kill myself, just kidding

-Best moment at a MLB game- 05 NL game

-Anything else you would care to share- I miss so much 2005

ShaneO
02-15-2011, 03:13 PM

-Favorite current Astro- Pence and Johnson

-Favorite former Astro- 1st Nolan Ryan, 2nd Bagwell, 3rd Caminiti, 4th Biggio 5th Shane Reynolds

-Baseball experience- Little league, Jr travel, High school

-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Memphis Grizz and Tennessee Vols

-Least favorite team- CUBS!!!!!!!!!

-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- Unlike alot of fans I don't think Wade has done so bad, heck Minors are better, cleared payrole, hell he can only do what the owner lets him do. I guess I would like impossible, trade Lee for Young? I think Young would be a good clubhouse guy and some veteran help to mold some of these young guys. We really only have on glue guy on this team and he is really young to be our only real glue and face of the club in Pence

-Best moment at a MLB game- Nolan Ryan's No hitter, Bagwell's 300th Hrs, I guess on what game I thought he would do it and went from Memphis and was there for it. and of coarce the HR in the 18th

-Anything else you would care to share- I want this team to compete, our fans are great fans and we don't get the respect was deserve, and I would love to go undefeted against the CUBS this year!!!!

LonghornBob
08-14-2011, 09:46 PM
-Location- Est Texas and not happy about it. Wanna get back to Houston.

-Favorite current Astro- who the hell do we even have now? I guess if I had to pick one now it'd be Parades.

-Favorite former Astro- Jose Cruz

-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- tried out for UT and got cut, but I took Mark Petkovsek deep

-Favorite teams besides the Astros- I went to school for just a bit in Boston so I can tolerate the Red Sox

-What moves would you make if you were Ed Wade- probably commit suicide

-Best moment at a MLB game- was at Mike Scott's no-hitter against the Giants.

-Most historic MLB record- two grand slams in one inning. Nobody will ever do that again.

-Favorite movie- hmmmm... I guess The Usual Suspects

-Anything else you would care to share- I caught a Terry Puhl foul ball off Atlee Hammaker when I was 20 and took it back the next night and Puhl signed it. Years later we worked for the same company and I met him and told him and he said he remembered it because I was the only person who told him he was their hero when they were 10 years old.

MJ-BULLS
01-20-2012, 05:32 AM
man this place is a ghost town. needs some activity.

datboyb
01-23-2012, 11:31 PM
That's what happens when our team blows, plus nothing worth posting about

koreancabbage
09-04-2012, 12:02 AM
hello all! I know the Astros aren't doing well this year but I have a business trip coming up to Houston and I'm planning to get in a Astros Phillies game on the 16th of September.

Recommendations on where to sit, eat before the game, eat after the game- restaurants that are good?

things to do in Houston?

datboyb
09-04-2012, 07:46 PM
How long are you going to be here? Houston has an extremely vast amount of things today

navysoxfan
09-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Are you all serious this thread started December 30 2007 ! This thread has 46 replies in almost 5 years and still open ? Is this the twilight zone maybe even a St. Louis Browns or Seattle Pilots thread ? Are you all using smoke signals , two Dixie Cup with string or using old Atari Comodore Dial up computers ? Does the Astros even have any Fans following them on this site ?

astrosfanatic
06-08-2017, 06:56 PM
-Location- Richmond, TX
-Favorite current Astro- George Springer
-Favorite former Astro- Jose Cruz/Jeff Bagwell
-Baseball experience[Little League][Highschool][College][Minors][MLB]- I watch a lot of it
-Favorite teams besides the Astros- Alabama Crimson Tide
-What moves would you make if you were Jeff Luhnow- add a SP
-Best moment at a MLB game- Saw Craig Biggio's 3,000th hit
-Most historic MLB record- Cal Ripken's streak will never be broken
-Favorite movie- Hunt for the Red October
-Hobbies- Soccer, Softball, Family
-Anything else you would care to share - Nope

ThomasTomasz
06-13-2017, 11:53 PM
Welcome to PSD astrosfanatic.......I think I've posted on other forums with you before.