PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Tigers -Minor News-

SportFan4Life
11-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Here will be where we can posts those small news about the Tigers. Injuries, who went up, who goes down, small signings, etc.. Feel free to comment on any of the news.

SportFan4Life
11-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Tigers sent LHP Danny Christensen outright to Triple-A Toledo.

Christensen was removed from the 40-man roster immediately after being acquired from the Royals last week to complete the Roman Colon trade. He'll likely be in the rotation at Double-A Erie.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
11-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Tigers re-signed catcher Dane Sardinha to a minor league contract.

Sardinha is a fine defender, but he hit just .202/.255/.325 as Triple-A Toledo's primary catcher after Mike Rabelo was called up last season. He'll likely be a Triple-A backup next year.

Rotoworld

tunemixer
11-24-2007, 10:22 AM
As a long time Tiger fan and first time poster I would like to see the Tigers go after Santana. Yes they gave up solid young pitchers to get Renteria but Santana? He's the lefty they need and the best you can get. He's still young to extend a 5 year deal. I think Rogers would be a nice backup plan but giving him 10-11 million for 1 year at 43-44 yrs old and now injuries should be a concern is not the right way to go. What he would do to that rotation in that ball park? WOW!! The offense will give him more than 1-2 runs to work with and he could be a 23-25 game winner in Detroit.Come on DD spend some money. Hell we would still be paying Juan Gonzalezs contract if he had said yes. Sanatana is the best and not a head case.

SportFan4Life
11-24-2007, 01:36 PM
As a long time Tiger fan and first time poster I would like to see the Tigers go after Santana. Yes they gave up solid young pitchers to get Renteria but Santana? He's the lefty they need and the best you can get. He's still young to extend a 5 year deal. I think Rogers would be a nice backup plan but giving him 10-11 million for 1 year at 43-44 yrs old and now injuries should be a concern is not the right way to go. What he would do to that rotation in that ball park? WOW!! The offense will give him more than 1-2 runs to work with and he could be a 23-25 game winner in Detroit.Come on DD spend some money. Hell we would still be paying Juan Gonzalezs contract if he had said yes. Sanatana is the best and not a head case.

I understand you completely, but the problem I have with Santana is, can the Tigers afford him? Yes, he's one of the best in the game and most of us would rather have him than Rogers of course. However, we also have to think about the payroll and the price it would cost to get Santana. Sofar, I don't see him coming here just because of that reason.

Btw, Welcome Tigers Fan! It's always great to have more of you aboard. Hope you stay active and keep this forum alive!

Sheffies Chef
11-24-2007, 08:50 PM
illitch is one of the top 3 richest owners in the league, we could have afforded to pay a-rod his 350 mil over 10 years, but unlike some owners (steinbreener), illitch is smart with his money. so when it comes to payroll, we could afford santana, but i don't see us making a serious play for him.

SportFan4Life
11-24-2007, 11:01 PM
illitch is one of the top 3 richest owners in the league, we could have afforded to pay a-rod his 350 mil over 10 years, but unlike some owners (steinbreener), illitch is smart with his money. so when it comes to payroll, we could afford santana, but i don't see us making a serious play for him.

Ahh. I'm not exactly familia with the Tigers payroll.

Just like you said, I don't see the Tigers making a play for him. First, they surely wouldn't want to trade him within their divison. Second, it's up to Santana where he wants to go because of his no trade clause.

tunemixer
11-25-2007, 11:04 AM
I forgot about Santanas no trade clause. But they way the Tigers have improved would help him realize they are a bonafided contender this year and for years to come.Resigning Rogers is only a bandaid for 2008. Santana would be the future . Imagine the rotation? Oh well Tiger fan can only dream.

Sheffies Chef
11-25-2007, 05:57 PM
oh man. the rotation would be sweet, but while you are imagining santana wearing the olde english d, think of all the future pieces you would have to give up. i'm just about ready to bet anything that it would involve giving up both maybin and miller. i don't want to do that, i would give up one of them possibly, not both.

tunemixer
11-26-2007, 08:24 AM
I agree Maybin and Miller could be huge in the next couple of years. But Santana is now and the next several years.And nothing says Maybin and Miller will ever live up to the hype.
I think it was Bear Bryant that said. Potential just means you haven't done anything yet. There will always be guys like Miller and Maybin.Pitchers like Santana don't come along as often. Good pitching stops good hitting.

Sheffies Chef
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
alright, so maybe give up maybin and pieces for santana, keep miller, if he develops, than you have to great pitchers.

SportFan4Life
11-27-2007, 08:10 PM
2007 fifth-round pick Casey Crosby was scheduled for Tommy John surgery on his left elbow Tuesday.

The 19-year-old Crosby will miss all of 2008. "There is no doubt in my mind, or in anybody else's mind, that he'll be able to rebound from this," said Dan Lunetta, the Tigers' director of minor league operations. "Unfortunately, this happened very early in his career, but we know the success rate of pitchers who have had Tommy John surgery.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
11-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Gary Sheffield has begun a rehab program following October shoulder surgery.

Sheffield's attorney said Wednesday that his client is on track to be ready for spring training, but may not be able to play the outfield initially.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
11-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Tigers designated first baseman Chris Shelton for assignment.

Shelton got off to a blistering start in 2006, but then slumped badly and was demoted to Triple-A, where he stayed for all of 2007 while hitting .269/.381/.420 in 139 games. A career .281/.348/.477 hitter in 249 MLB games who's batted .311/.410/.500 in the minors, Shelton could have helped the Tigers and should latch on somewhere as a platoon starter or bench bat.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
11-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Tigers designated outfielder Timo Perez for assignment.

Perez batted .389 in 29 games with the Tigers in 2007 after being called up from Triple-A in late August, but the 32-year-old veteran is a career .269/.308/.382 who offers little pop in an outfield corner. He may have to settle for another Triple-A gig.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
11-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Jeremy Bonderman, who missed most of the final month, has started a conditioning program designed to strengthen the forearm and triceps muscles that flank his right elbow.

"I think it will, I feel stronger, I feel good right now when I start throwing," Bonderman said. "I actually felt good toward the end of the year, playing catch. If I can strengthen it (his elbow area) during the offseason, I should be good for the year." That remains to be seen. Bonderman was a valuable pitcher in 2006, but he still fell off in the second half. He hasn't put together six strong months in any of his five big-league season.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
12-01-2007, 04:23 AM
Kenny Rogers will earn $8 million next year under the terms of his deal with the Tigers.

Rogers probably could have done a little better elsewhere, but at least by negotiating the deal himself, he gets the five percent he would have paid to Scott Boras. The $8 million matches what Rogers earned each season of his previous two-year deal.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Tigers declined to offer arbitration to 1B Sean Casey and SS Neifi Perez.

Neither was ranked as a free agent. Casey is reportedly the subject of interest from the Rangers.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
An official of one National League club said the Tigers have continued to indicate that Cameron Maybin is "completely untouchable" and Andrew Miller is "pretty much untouchable" in trade talks.

The Tigers aren't in on Miguel Cabrera or Johan Santana after already trading two of their top prospects for Edgar Renteria. It doesn't look like they'll make any particularly big moves over the rest of the winter.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski GM Dave Dombrowski said his team's fifth starter will likely be a young pitcher who is already part of the organization.

The Tigers should have the money left to bring in a veteran to compete for the job. As is, Andrew Miller and Yorman Bazardo could be the favorites, with last year's primary fifth starter, Chad Durbin, also in the mix. Dallas Trahern will likely be an option by midseason.

Rotoworld

Sheffies Chef
12-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Rotoworld

this article said that cam was untouchable, and we weren't in on cabrera. god i love how we just swooped in and grabbed not only miggy c. but also the d-train. wow :speechless:

Sheffies Chef
12-05-2007, 07:55 AM
oops! my quote was supposed to be for post #19 on this thread. sorry, didn't know that it wouldn't really work.

SportFan4Life
12-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Tigers sent outfielder Timo Perez outright to Triple-A Toledo.

Perez was designated for assignment on Nov. 30. He'll likely become a free agent.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
12-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Brandon Inge is requesting a trade out of Detroit following the team's acquisition of Miguel Cabrera.

The Tigers were already working on getting out from under his contract. "He's loved his time here," president and general manager Dave Dombrowski told the Detroit Free Press on Friday. "He loves the city. He loves the organization. But at this point in his career, he would like to continue playing third base on an everyday basis." The Phillies, Dodgers, Twins and Giants all need third basemen.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
12-10-2007, 07:40 PM
The Tigers considered but dismissed the idea of using Miguel Cabrera as a left fielder and keeping Brandon Inge at third base.

Cabrera wants to stay at third base for now, and the Tigers are smart to want to keep him happy as they attempt to lock him up in a long-term deal. Besides, he does seem to get the fact that he needs to lose weight and improve his defense if he wants to stay at the position. He's supposedly dropped about 15 pounds since the end of the season.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
12-17-2007, 07:52 PM
The Detroit Free Press expects Mike Hessman to make the team as a bench player if the Tigers trade Brandon Inge and Marcus Thames.

A 29-year-old veteran of a dozen minor league seasons, Hessman would serve as the backup corner infielder after playing third base at Triple-A in 2007. Previously a free swinger with power, Hessman has added enough plate discipline over the past few seasons to potentially be a worthwhile role player.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
12-22-2007, 09:36 PM
After buying out one season of Dontrelle Willis' free agency with a three-year contract extension, general manager Dave Dombrowski said Thursday that the Tigers hope to do a similar deal with Miguel Cabrera.

"That doesn't mean it's going to happen, but we hope," Dombrowski said. Willis was immediately ecstatic about the trade to Detroit and had plenty of reason to seek long-term security coming off a poor season, but Cabrera figures to be much more difficult to talk into a long-term commitment given that he's just a couple years away from a massive contract.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
01-05-2008, 05:44 PM
The Tigers are struggling to find a taker for Brandon Inge, who is owed #19.1 million over the next three years.

Inge has requested a trade, and the Tigers would prefer to dump his salary rather than keep him as an unhappy utilityman. "There is no need to trade Brandon before spring training starts," said GM Dave Dombrowski. "However, if it makes sense to do so, we will. We will try and honor his request to play every day at third base." Unfortunately for them, the Giants, Phillies and Dodgers have all made it pretty clear that they're not interested.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
01-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Brandon Inge will not necessarily be traded by the Detroit Tigers before the start of spring training, and could remain in Detroit for at least the 2008 season according to a report in the Detroit News.

Dave Dombrowski, the Tigers president and general manager, said in an e-mail that the team will wait until an appropriate trade can be made for their former starting third baseman, who was displaced when last month's blockbuster trade with the Marlins brought third baseman Miguel Cabrera to town.

Inge has requested a trade and it was believed the Tigers would act briskly to move him to a team that would deploy him as its regular third baseman...

Continued... (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080105/SPORTS0104/801050322/1129/SPORTS0104)

TheRedMarauder
01-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Tigers signed RHP Francis Beltran, RHP Jeremy Johnson, RHP Anastacio Martinez, RHP Marcelo Perez, LHP Jon Connolly, LHP Ian Ostlund, C Dane Sardinha, C Max St. Pierre, INF Caonabo Cosme, INF Henry Mateo and OF Jackson Melian to minor keague contracts.

Most of these guys were in the Tigers system last season. One exception is Beltran, a former Cubs relief prospect who last pitched in the majors in 2004. Ostlund and Sardinha are the best bets of the group to log major league time next season. Ostlund could be an adequate lefty out of the pen if given the chance. Sardinha could be needed as a backup if Vance Wilson isn't back from Tommy John surgery.

rotoworld

SportFan4Life
01-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Tigers president Dave Dombrowski said Monday that he expects Vance Wilson to be ready to go on Opening Day.

Wilson underwent Tommy John surgery in June. The Tigers showed interest in Miguel Olivo after he was cut by the Marlins, but it looks like they're planning to go with Wilson as the backup to Ivan Rodriguez if he proves healthy.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
01-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Free agent Matt Mantei will throw for the Tigers on Friday and is hoping to be offered a minor league contract.

This has been lined up for about 2 1/2 months now. "So far, so good," Mantei said. "Iíve been going four or five days a week. I feel great. Iím at about 85-90%, which is what Dave (Dombrowski) wanted." Mantei last pitched in the majors with the Red Sox in 2005.

Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
01-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Tigers manager Jim Leyland said that Ivan Rodriguez would open the season batting ninth behind Jacque Jones.

It's the best spot for the future Hall of Famer, though we were still guessing it'd be Jacque Jones there. The only problem with that is that leadoff man Curtis Granderson is a fellow left-handed hitter. It appears as though the only think left for Leyland to decide is whether Gary Sheffield or Miguel Cabrera hits third. The other will bat fifth behind Magglio Ordonez. Placido Polanco will take his usual No. 2 spot, and Carlos Guillen and Edgar Renteria will hit ahead of Jones.

Source: Rotoworld

SportFan4Life
01-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Matt Mantei took a minor league deal from the Tigers after throwing a bullpen session for the club Friday.

Mantei will earn the major league minimum if he makes the team. "He shook [GM Dave Dombrowski's] hand and said, ĎPay me what you want to. The minimumís fine with me,í" said Bob Garber, Manteiís agent. "He just wanted the opportunity. Heís not out to get rich this year." The deal will include an out clause, allowing Mantei to leave the organization at the end of April if he hasn't been promoted to the majors.

SportFan4Life
01-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Manager Jim Leyland said Sunday that he's "very concerned" that Vance Wilson still isn't ready to play after missing all of last season following Tommy John surgery.

"I would predict it's very unlikely he'd be usable very early on [in spring training]," Leyland said. "I'm hoping after the first couple of weeks, he'd be ready to go, but I'm not sure of that. He's done a lot to keep himself in great shape, but I'm concerned." Wilson's uncertain status has no doubt played a part in talk of Brandon Inge potentially logging some time behind the plate again. Ivan Rodriguez's backup last season, Mike Rabelo, was dealt to the Marlins in the trade for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis.

SportFan4Life
01-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Joel Zumaya said he's progressing well following November surgery to reconstruct his AC joint.

"Iím actually doing real well," Zumaya said. "Therapy is going great, and I got 95 percent of my range of motion back. By the end of this month Iíll start throwing the baseball." Zumaya was originally expected to resume throwing in early March, so it appears he's well ahead of schedule. He didn't speak about a potential return date. A May or June return would seem to be the best-case scenario.

Sheffies Chef
01-21-2008, 12:44 AM
what's range of motion?

SportFan4Life
01-21-2008, 12:56 AM
what's range of motion?

His joint flexibility. Better now?

Sheffies Chef
01-24-2008, 09:06 PM
yes. and was that a hostile "better now" or a friendly "better now"?

SportFan4Life
01-24-2008, 10:00 PM
yes. and was that a hostile "better now" or a friendly "better now"?

Friendly of couse. Haha. Why would it be hostile? :)

SportFan4Life
01-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Tony Giarratano re-injured his surgically repaired right shoulder last week and is not expected to be ready to play when spring training begins next month.

Giarratano missed much of 2006 because of a knee injury and missed all of last season following surgery to repair a torn labrum. The Detroit Free Press reports that another surgery could be an option, putting his future in serious doubt.

Boston-Born
02-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to know what you guys thought of Charlie Furbush, I played with him since we're good friends and I played with him since we were 7. What do you think his career holds for him in the Tigers organization?

SportFan4Life
04-04-2008, 09:18 PM
April 4th

Manager Jim Leyland said Thursday that Fernando Rodney (shoulder) "is feeling much better."

Rodney was scheduled to throw a bullpen session Thursday, but the Detroit News reports "that doesn't mean he'll be rejoining the Tigers anytime soon" because he'll likely head out on a minor league rehab assignment first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In his pro debut, Rick Porcello allowed one hit over five scoreless innings Thursday for Single-A Lakeland.

Porcello struck out three and walked two. He's already displayed a great deal of polish for a 19-year-old. It'd be too much to ask to expect him to make his major league debut this year, but he should reach Double-A anyway, putting him in position to contribute in 2009

Source: Rotoworold

SportFan4Life
04-05-2008, 04:47 PM
April 5th

Double-A Erie's Jeff Frazier went 4-for-6 with a homer and five RBI on Friday.

Frazier was all the Tigers had to give up for Yorman Bazardo in Feb. 2007, and now they even have the outfielder back in the organization after he hit .276/.327/.400 in the Seattle system last year. The 25-year-old hasn't looked like a legitimate prospect in at least three years now, but that doesn't necessarily mean Bill Bavasi won't give up something decent for him again this summer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott Sizemore went 3-for-3 with a homer Friday for Single-A Lakeland.

Sizemore was one of the least experienced players in the Arizona Fall League last year, but he hit .356/.416/.578 in 90 at-bats anyway. If he gets off to a fast start this year, the Tigers shouldn't waste much time before moving him up to Double-A.

SportFan4Life
04-06-2008, 06:06 PM
April 5th

Brandon Inge drove in all three Tigers runs with a homer and a double in Saturday's loss.
Not only have the 0-5 Tigers scored just 13 runs, but their two best players so far, Inge and Clete Thomas, weren't even supposed to be in the lineup. Inge is hitting .375 with two homers and three walks in 16 at-bats. His homer total matches that of the rest of the team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Triple-A Toledo's Jeff Larish went 3-for-4 with two homers on Saturday.
The Tigers would probably try Mike Hessman if they lost Gary Sheffield or Carlos Guillen to the DL this early in the season, but Larish could enter the picture later on. He has three homers and seven RBI after three games for Toledo, putting him up to 31 and 108, respectively, in 135 games since the beginning of last year.

TheRedMarauder
04-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Tigers LHP Macay McBride has been diagnosed with a stretched ligament.

McBride will likely wind up on the Triple-A disabled list, although he hasn't decided how to treat the injury, so it's not clear how much time he'll miss. He had been working on transitioning from relief pitcher to starter.

Fernando Rodney (shoulder tendinitis) is expected to once again try to pitch off a mound this week.

Rodney attempted a bullpen session on Friday, but stopped after five minutes due to discomfort in his shoulder. He's felt shoulder discomfort often while pitching off a mound this spring, and isn't expected to rejoin the Tigers "anytime soon."

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
04-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Tigers recalled LHP Clay Rapada from Triple-A Toledo.

Rapada benefits from what could be considered the first panic move of the season. The 27-year-old lefty pitched 2 1/3 innings for the Tigers at the end of last season, giving up three runs. He'll probably lose his spot to Aaron Fultz or Francisco Cruceta at some point in the next few weeks.

rotoworld

bigcat24
04-15-2008, 07:58 AM
DETROIT -- Tigers reliever Fernando Rodney will visit noted orthopedic specialist Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday to have his ailing right shoulder examined.

Rodney was scheduled for another bullpen session on Monday after throwing a successful one late last week, but his shoulder soreness quickly resurfaced.

TheRedMarauder
04-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Gary Sheffield received a cortisone shot in both shoulders Tuesday and is expected to be sidelined for several more days.

"Whatever they do, I can't look at it," Sheffield said. "I always have to hold someone's hand. I'm going to be a little more cautious. I'm told a wait of three days is realistic."

rotoworld

kingbrentg
04-23-2008, 04:37 PM
The Detroit News reports that the Tigers have activated Curtis Granderson (hand) from the 15-day disabled list.
The paper says Granderson is in the starting lineup on Wednesday night, and that Clete Thomas will be optioned to Triple-A.

rotoworld.com

TheRedMarauder
06-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Tigers activated outfielder Clete Thomas from the 15-day disabled list.

Thomas missed the minimum 15 days with his sprained right ankle. He's not going to see much action in the outfield with Marcus Thames playing so well.

Tigers optioned outfielder Brent Clevlen to Triple-A Toledo.

Clevlen was 5-for-24 during his 13 days with the Tigers. The team figures that Clete Thomas makes more sense in a bench role, while Clevlen is likely better off playing regularly in Triple-A.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
06-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Gary Sheffield could be activated from the disabled list as soon as Tuesday.

He's flying to Detroit for a meeting with Tigers officials on Tuesday and apparently the team could activate him immediately. Sheffield went 2-for-13 with two homers in five games at Class-A Lakeland.

rotoworld

Redsoxin09
07-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Wow, the Tiger forum is dead

TheRedMarauder
07-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Tigers recalled RHP Aquilino Lopez from Triple-A Toledo.

Lopez was very effective to start the season, posting a 2.67 ERA over 33 2/3 innings. The Tigers sent him to the minors to stretch him into a starter, and he posted a 2.45 ERA over 11 innings in three appearances. He'll pitch in middle relief and make spot starts for the Tigers.

Tigers optioned RHP Zach Miner to Triple-A Toledo.

Miner has been strugging with his control of late: he walked four batters in two innings on Tuesday, and had walked an additional three batters in the 3 1/3 innings before that.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
07-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Tigers optioned INF Michael Hollimon to Triple-A Toledo.

Hollimon hit .261 with a homer in 12 at-bats over 11 games for the Tigers. The Tigers haven't activated Ramon Santiago yet, but he's ready to return and Detroit likely wants Hollimon active for Toledo's game on Monday night.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
07-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Brandon Inge (oblique) began a minor league rehab assignment Monday at Triple-A.

Inge homered in his first rehab game and is hoping to return shortly after the All-Star break.

Tigers activated infielder Ramon Santiago from the 15-day disabled list.

Santiago missed a month with a separated shoulder and now replaces Michael Hollimon as the Tigers' utility infielder.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
07-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Tigers recalled first baseman Jeff Larish from Triple-A Toledo.

Larish went 8-for-40 (.200) with one homer while subbing for Gary Sheffield earlier this season, but has batted .265/.368/.547 with 17 homers and 53 RBI in 67 games at Triple-A. He has always shown good power, but will struggle to post a decent batting average in the majors.

Tigers designated catcher Dane Sardinha from assignment.

Sardinha got a look as Ivan Rodriguez's backup while Brandon Inge was out, but the former second-round pick is a .222/.263/.337 career hitter in the minors who has no business as a big leaguer.

Tigers optioned RHP Eddie Bonine to Double-A Erie.

Bonine, a 27-year-old career minor leaguer, went 2-1 with a 5.40 ERA and 9/5 K/BB ratio in five starts. He could be called back up when the Tigers need a fifth starter next on July 21.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
07-14-2008, 01:56 PM
According to the Detroit News, Magglio Ordonez (oblique) could return from the disabled list as soon as Thursday.

He's slated for a one-game minor league rehab assignment Monday at Single-A and would then have two days of rest during the All-Star break before rejoining the Tigers' lineup.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
07-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Tigers optioned outfielder Clete Thomas to Triple-A Toledo.

Thomas smacked his first career homer in his latest stint with the Tigers and heads back to the minors with a .284/.366/.405 line in 133 plate appearances, so he figures to be back before long.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
07-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Tigers optioned infielder Jeff Larish to Triple-A Toledo.

Larish went 4-for-9 with a homer and two walks during his second stint in the majors, but the Tigers aren't ready to have him replace Gary Sheffield. He still might have a significant role in September if the team is out of contention.

rotoworld

PhillyLuver
07-27-2008, 01:48 PM
In Detroit, Joel Zumaya has not been the answer to Todd Jones' struggles of late. As John Paul Morosi puts it, "Fernando Rodney has been the Tigers' most consistent reliever lately. But that could be good news or bad news, depending on your perspective." The Tigers have been busy at the deadline for the past two years, trading Craig Monroe to the Cubs last year and acquiring Sean Casey the year before.

mlbtr

TheRedMarauder
07-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Tigers recalled LHP Clay Rapada from Triple-A Toledo.

Rapada was demoted in mid-June despite going 2-0 with a 3.46 ERA and 10/5 K/BB ratio in 13 innings. He'll resume his role as a left-handed specialist after posting a 2.45 ERA and 30/11 K/BB ratio in 22 innings at Triple-A.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
08-12-2008, 01:50 PM
An MRI exam on Marcus Thames' injured shoulder showed inflammation and he's expected to return by the end of the week.

Thames received a cortisone shot Monday after injuring his shoulder diving for a ball last week.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
08-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Tigers optioned RHP Freddy Dolsi to Triple-A Toledo.

Called up in early May, Dolsi went 1-4 with a 3.96 ERA in 33 appearances, but his awful 17/23 K/BB ratio in 38 2/3 innings shows that he struggled quite a bit. The Tigers' bullpen is expected to get Todd Jones back from the disabled list Friday.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
08-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Nate Robertson has been pitching with tendinitis in his left knee.

Manager Jim Leyland said the injury was not a concern, but it might explain why his ERA has ballooned to 5.87. Robertson put more of a blame on his mechanics, which he called "a little left-to-right."

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
08-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Tigers designated RHP Francis Beltran for assignment.

Beltran has already been DFA'd once this season, clearing waivers back in mid-April. Assuming that the 28-year-old reliever clears waivers again this time, he can choose whether to accept an assignment back to Triple-A or become a free agent.

Tigers purchased the contract of RHP Chris Lambert from Triple-A Toledo.

Lambert will replace Nate Robertson in the rotation and make his MLB debut Tuesday night against the Indians. Acquired in last season's Mike Maroth trade, the 25-year-old went 12-8 with a 3.50 ERA and 124/48 K/BB ratio in 149 1/3 innings spread over 26 starts at Triple-A.

rotoworld

Nikolishin
09-03-2008, 07:50 PM
minor news our tigers suck

redwings1
09-04-2008, 05:20 PM
minor news, that is being nice about.

radcli17
02-28-2009, 01:11 PM
willis is lookin promising

cdubbs
03-30-2009, 10:47 AM
who is closing for you guys? rodney?

mark1125
03-30-2009, 02:04 PM
who is closing for you guys? rodney?

As of right now, Brandon Lyon.

theDETROITfan
04-26-2009, 12:18 AM
rodney is looking good as closer. zumaya is back. willis is on track to mlb soon. bonderman is getting along just fine with his rehab

MSU Spartans313
05-01-2009, 05:59 PM
As of right now, Brandon Lyon.

Its always been Rodney since the start of the year :confused:

JMDTM
05-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Jeremy Bonderman (shoulder) allowed two earned runs over seven innings Saturday in a rehab start for Single-A West Michigan.

Bonderman struck out four batters and walked just one. Better yet, his pitch count climbed into the 90s and he showed good velocity on his fastball. He's expected to make one or two more rehab starts.

roto world. so he is possibly 2 starts away from breaking our rotation.

JMDTM
06-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Brent Dlugach plated four runs, Jeff Larish went 5-for-6 with three RBIs and three runs scored and Clete Thomas crossed the plate four times as the Toledo Mud Hens topped the Durham Bulls, 11-10, in 13 innings Tuesday night. Ryan Perry only allowed a walk over two frames for his first win.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_06_23_dubaaa_tolaaa_1

sounds like our AAA came together when we sent our good guys down

klane079
09-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Tigers' system has promising talent, especially at Double A (http://www.detnews.com/article/20090907/SPORTS0104/909070345/Tigers--system-has-promising-talent--especially-at-Double-A/?imw=Y)

JMDTM
12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
is it just me, or is our farm system starting to look packed with talent. by 2011, this team should be loaded with young talent. I feel like the tigs will be making another run in the next few years

Starters: Max Scherzer, Casey Crosby, Rick Porcello, Jacob Turner

Relievers: Daniel Schlereth, Jay Sborz, Casey Fien, Cody Satterwhite, Zach Simmons, Ryan Perry, Robbie Weinhardt, Scott Green, Fu-Te Ni

SP or RP?: Andy Oliver, Brandon Hamilton, Alfredo Figaro, Luis Marte, Freddy Dolsi, Chris Lambert, Eddie Bonine

Infielders

1B: Ryan Strieby

2B: Scott Sizemore, William Rhymes

SS: Audy Ciriaco, Cale Iorg, Brent Dlugach

3B: NOONE!!!!! Except a young, raw Wade Gaynor

C: Alex Avila

Outfielders: Casper Wells, Wilkin Ramirez, Austin Jackson, Brennan Boesch, Clete Thomas

Utility: Don Kelly, Ryan Raburn, and Jeff Larish(1B and 3B)

Obviously we have seen some of these guys already. Also, some are just guys with talent who may never amount to anything. I just thought I’d do a run through on our top talent through the farm.

MooseWithFleas
01-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Baseball America is running a chat with Tigers prospect Casey Crosby at 3:30 PM EST for those interested.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/prospect-q-and-a/2010/269440.html

JayTheShoCkeR
01-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Baseball America is running a chat with Tigers prospect Casey Crosby at 3:30 PM EST for those interested.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/prospect-q-and-a/2010/269440.html

It'll be great to watch this kid pitch in the bigs here in the next few years.

jeebus82
03-02-2010, 10:44 PM
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100302&content_id=8648786&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

Suprised nobody has said a thing about today. I know its not a big deal, though.

jeebus82
03-03-2010, 11:26 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=Arx1QUzb4OAZvbiPVBpcEoARvLYF?gid=300303 114&prov=ap

Bondo looked good from what I hear.......

Looked at the box score and made a few observations:

Bondo pitched well, Roberston and Schlereth did not.

Wilken Ramirez had a very nice day. Rayburn did not.

Sizemore and Jackson are starting off ok.

I know this is all WAY too early to even talk about, but, I love baseball. LOL

EdGein812
03-04-2010, 12:48 AM
It's a little early but did anyone hear how Bonderman's velocity was? Jeremy is one of our wild cards this year. He seems to get overlooked and gets clumped together at this point with the Robertsons, Miners, and Galarragas but has a chance to be clumped together with the Verlanders, Porcellos, and Scherzers. I really liked Bonderman. I sure am pulling for him.

EdGein812
03-04-2010, 12:50 AM
I work nights so unfortunately I was sleeping through the day - but to wake up and read a box score was awfully exciting, ha ha. I think it was a big deal jeebus. Sure makes it feel like spring's approaching fast, huh? What a feeling!

jeebus82
03-04-2010, 12:08 PM
I work nights so unfortunately I was sleeping through the day - but to wake up and read a box score was awfully exciting, ha ha. I think it was a big deal jeebus. Sure makes it feel like spring's approaching fast, huh? What a feeling!

Bondo, from all reports, looked great. I did not hear anything about his velocity, but, I think in this case no news is good news.

And yes, any baseball at this point is awesome. I watched the Pirates and Yankees yesterday for flippin sakes.

jeebus82
03-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Box Score from Saturday:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore;_ylt=AqIwQg7Dbb9qRhUOXvBbttq4u7YF?gid=300 306106

Great to see big piles of runs early in the game from the starters. And rocking Millwood is nice too. Good day from the pen as well, with the exeption of Sborz anyway.

jeebus82
03-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Was looking over the team stats from ST so far.....

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable_player_stats.jsp?teamPosCode=DET&statType=1&timeFrame=1&Submit=Submit&c_id=mlb&subScope=teamCode&sitSplit=&venueID=&baseballScope=mlb&timeSubFrame=23&&sortByStat=AVG

I really think Diaz has earned a spot as backup to Laird, who has had a suprising offensive Spring.

Guillen and Everett have been horrid thus far.

I know its only Spring Training, but Ajax is looking really good. I think he makes alot of people forget about Grandy this year.

jeebus82
03-31-2010, 11:01 AM
This makes me happy......

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Miguel-Cabrera-in-regular-season-form-hits-two-;_ylt=AqrfQbBEB7Les5wovW24.scRvLYF?urn=mlb,231234

emu_steve
05-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Daniel Fields is playing at HiA Lakeland according the USA Today Sports Weekly note.

That seems pretty high for a kid his first year out of high school.

JMDTM
05-12-2010, 10:29 PM
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=517034
gem maybe.. that would be sweet

also like what schlereth is doing so far
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=489242

and Will Rhymes.. hmm
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=489242

also looking good is Jamie Johnson(CF), Wade Gaynor(3B), Brayan Villarreal(RP), and that Matt Hoffman guy.
check it out guys, has everything you need --- http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/minorleagues/affiliates/index.jsp?c_id=det

MooseWithFleas
08-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Only 14 posts in the last calender year in this thread. I'm going to unstick this. Just make a new thread if there is a minor move you want to discuss.