PDA

View Full Version : Should the Lakers build around Kobe, or build around Bynum?

lakerboy
10-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Should the Lakers build around Kobe, or build around Bynum?

I've heard all the talks and discussions in the Laker forum. I'm just really curious what other fans think.

Check the poll, and then vote!:)

ink
10-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Neither option seems too likely to succeed. IMO a new option has to be developed or the Lakers will just keep spinning their wheels.

Sixerlover
10-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Bynum. The West is too deep this year and probably next as well, where as 4-5 years from now they can be in contention with teams like Portland and Seattle. Meaning that they could be just as good if not better than those teams. Something like Kobe for Gordon, TT, Nocioni and a 09 + 11 picks then a Odom + Farmar for Yi Jianlian + Bobby Simmons could put them right in contention for a title in the next 3-4 years

Critt
Gordon
Jianlian
Thomas
Bynum

with people like Noc, Simmons, Yue, and all of the upcoming 1sts off the bench.

(Just something I pulled out of my ***)

rhino17
10-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Niether will get a championship, but Bynum is never gonna be the cornerstone of a franchise. He simply is not that good. he could be a legitimate nba center in the future, but he is nothing special

Highlight
10-27-2007, 07:41 PM
The fact of the matter is, with the way LA looks right now, not any one player in the league could take LA any farther than Kobe. If you switch Kobe with an player, you will get the same result or an even worse one.

The West is too deep and the smart decision for LA would be to keep Kobe, but he doens't want to be there due to what the front office has done for him (Nothing).

Building around Bynum is the saddest thing I have ever seen. This kid hasn't shown ANYTHING to anyone, yet LA/Jim Buss wants to build around him. I feel sorry for Bynum. The pressure must be ridiculously high at this point. 20 years old and he has to go through all this crap.... :(

Fool
10-27-2007, 08:00 PM
As A Bulls fan AND a Lakers fan...I want the Lakers to start to rebuild..around Bynum, and Kobe goes to Chicago.

Jimmy3702
10-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Bynum has yet to prove anything hes way overrated

jrice9
10-27-2007, 10:50 PM
love your sig

bogdanrom
10-27-2007, 10:56 PM
The problem is that Bynum has not proved that he can be the guy top built around with.

camador22
10-27-2007, 11:13 PM
It's best to build around Bynum. There isn't any one individual that the Lakers could bring in that will help Kobe bring a championship. Even if you add J.O to the current line up and keep Odom they won't be a top 4 team in the West. Once Bynum becomes that all star franchise player I think the West will no longer be as strong as it is now. It's better to build around a good big man any way unless your MJ, Wade or LeBron. For those of you that don't think Bynum will become a great player then I suggest you watch the kid closer. Kobe as the franchise player has brought the Lakers nothing more then drama. A package of Gordon, Noah, TT and 2 first rounders will give Bynum all the support he needs to help the Lakers be successful within the next 3 years.

AllTheWay
10-27-2007, 11:15 PM
neither. acquire a bunch of young talent by trading kobe and keeping bynum and build the team as a whole

LakerFan4L1fe24
10-28-2007, 12:06 AM
It's best to build around Bynum. There isn't any one individual that the Lakers could bring in that will help Kobe bring a championship. Even if you add J.O to the current line up and keep Odom they won't be a top 4 team in the West. Once Bynum becomes that all star franchise player I think the West will no longer be as strong as it is now. It's better to build around a good big man any way unless your MJ, Wade or LeBron. For those of you that don't think Bynum will become a great player then I suggest you watch the kid closer. Kobe as the franchise player has brought the Lakers nothing more then drama. A package of Gordon, Noah, TT and 2 first rounders will give Bynum all the support he needs to help the Lakers be successful within the next 3 years.

You are one funny dude...

LakersRule24
10-28-2007, 12:18 AM
It's simple as this. 48 of the last 50 championship teams have included a HOF, and the teams that didn't include one won with the defense. Would you rather build around a proven HOF that can do it the best on both ends of the court, or would you rather build around an unproven youngster, who has been proven to be lazy and have bad defense?

Lakergirl24
10-28-2007, 12:19 AM
Kobe is great, but we should build around bynum because its clear that we cant win with what we have now. Kobe deserves to be in a better situation if the lakers arent going to build a contender now

rhino17
10-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Kobe is great, but we should build around bynum because its clear that we cant win with what we have now. Kobe deserves to be in a better situation if the lakers arent going to build a contender now
Exccept if Bynum if the #1 option on the lakers, they will be a perennial 20-30 win team. He simply isnt that good. He can be a decent nba center, but never great. I have seen nothing out of him that would make me think different.

Lost Art
10-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Can't we build around both? Kobe still has like 6 years or so of elite basketball left.........a lot of you are talking about it like he has a 1-2 year window :confused:

JordansBulls
10-28-2007, 01:22 AM
Bynum. The West is too deep this year and probably next as well, where as 4-5 years from now they can be in contention with teams like Portland and Seattle. Meaning that they could be just as good if not better than those teams. Something like Kobe for Gordon, TT, Nocioni and a 09 + 11 picks then a Odom + Farmar for Yi Jianlian + Bobby Simmons could put them right in contention for a title in the next 3-4 years

Critt
Gordon
Jianlian
Thomas
Bynum

with people like Noc, Simmons, Yue, and all of the upcoming 1sts off the bench.

(Just something I pulled out of my ***)

I totally agree with this post. Even had the Lakers gotten Garnett, they would still have to worry about beating Phx, SA, Dallas, Houston, Denver and Utah in the playoffs.

KBfrom8to24
10-28-2007, 03:00 AM

That is an idiotic response. You are downgrading KB's talent but overrating your boy Wade and Lebroom as if they are near in the caliber of MJ. Building around an unproven talent is a suicide. Yes it's true that Kobe has done nothing 4 d Lakers since Shaq was traded. But it's not his fault, it's d FO's fault because they are reluctant to give Kobe the right pieces he needed to contend 4 d title. BTW, you are a CERTIFIED KOBE HATER!!!:mad::mad::mad:

t-mac1nukka
10-28-2007, 09:57 PM
people are gunna be waiting on bynum to be this "all-star" forever huh? that dude has showed little signs of any talent. hes sorry. basically the lakers have no one to build around. theyve tried for the last three years to build around kobe. look where they are now.

and you never build around a sorry player so why build around bynum? trying to build around him theyd prolly end up finding someone who takes that dudes spot in the lineup.

now im sure all the laker fans are gunna call me a troll or whatever but hey im giving my opinion and observations on the team just as you guys are. only im being real with it.

Lost Art
10-28-2007, 09:59 PM
people are gunna be waiting on bynum to be this "all-star" forever huh? that dude has showed little signs of any talent. hes sorry. basically the lakers have no one to build around. theyve tried for the last three years to build around kobe. look where they are now.

and you never build around a sorry player so why build around bynum? trying to build around him theyd prolly end up finding someone who takes that dudes spot in the lineup.

now im sure all the laker fans are gunna call me a troll or whatever but hey im giving my opinion and observations on the team just as you guys are. only im being real with it.

I'm not going to call you a troll.........I'm just going to say that you're flat out wrong. Bynum has shown TONS of talent and I think he'll be showing you a whole lot more once the season gets underway. Get ready, because I think you're going to be hearing a lot more about this kid. And you're right, the Lakers have done a god awful job of building around Kobe.

t-mac1nukka
10-28-2007, 10:04 PM
ive watched him tons and havent noticed anything but glimpses of being very bad. id love to see him succeed, but i just dont see it.

ImmortalD24
10-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Bynum is a stud.

Joshtd1
10-28-2007, 10:09 PM
They better get some good players, and make Kobe happy if they want to build around him..

t-mac1nukka
10-28-2007, 10:13 PM
what kobe needs is one of the greatest centers of all-time......oh wait he had that.

ink
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM
If that's not bait I don't know what is. lol.

Redbull
10-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Build around Bynum because the West is just to strong for them to win a championship so trade Kobe and start to rebuild.

Trade Kobe for Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, Joakim Noah and the Bulls 08 first round draft pick.

PG- Critt
SG- Gordon
SF- Nocioni
PF- Noah
C- Bynum

This would be your future team besides Nocioni at the SF spot, Use the 08 draft picks to get a future SF or just trade some players like Luke Walton and Kwame Brown to get you one.

t-mac1nukka
10-28-2007, 10:17 PM
this thread was bait if you ask me.

ink
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
this thread was bait if you ask me.

Not at all. It was started by a Lakers fan who wanted to hear fair comments about two options for the team.

t-mac1nukka
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Build around Bynum because the West is just to strong for them to win a championship so trade Kobe and start to rebuild.

Trade Kobe for Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, Joakim Noah and the Bulls 08 first round draft pick.

PG- Critt
SG- Gordon
SF- Nocioni
PF- Noah
C- Bynum

This would be your future team besides Nocioni at the SF spot, Use the 08 draft picks to get a future SF or just trade some players like Luke Walton and Kwame Brown to get you one.

its too hard to make up trades for kobe with the whole no trade clause he has. you have obviously read the article...kobe most likely wouldnt want to play on a gutted bulls team.

t-mac1nukka
10-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Not at all. It was started by a Lakers fan who wanted to hear fair comments about two options for the team.

how many threads involving kobe have stayed in good graces on this site???

Musashi
10-28-2007, 10:19 PM
How about Kobe wins it all this year... with Bynum! I know I'm optimistic, but hey I'm a fan and that's the only way I can keep my happyness with a team having Cook as the main backup PF and Sasha Vujacic as the main backp SG.

ink
10-28-2007, 10:20 PM
how many threads involving kobe have stayed in good graces on this site???

Things have been a lot better for weeks. Can we move the thread along and talk about the topic?

Musashi
10-28-2007, 10:24 PM
That was totally unnecessarry...

t-mac1nukka
10-28-2007, 10:27 PM
how? you said some crazy stuff just as i did and mine was prolly more likely to happen than yours.

Musashi
10-28-2007, 10:29 PM
how? you said some crazy stuff just as i did and mine was prolly more likely to happen than yours.

Mine was clearly sarcastic.

Redbull
10-28-2007, 10:31 PM
its too hard to make up trades for kobe with the whole no trade clause he has. you have obviously read the article...kobe most likely wouldnt want to play on a gutted bulls team.

Hinrich/Duhon
Kobe/Thabo
Deng/Khryapa
Smith/Thomas
Wallace/Gray

How is that a gutted Bulls team, With that team we should be the best team in the East and also a top 5 team in the league. Kobe would easily accept that trade.

ImmortalD24
10-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Hinrich/Duhon
Kobe/Thabo
Deng/Khryapa
Smith/Thomas
Wallace/Gray

How is that a gutted Bulls team, With that team we should be the best team in the East and also a top 5 team in the league. Kobe would easily accept that trade.Thats definitely a championship team.

JordansBulls
10-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Hinrich/Duhon
Kobe/Thabo
Deng/Khryapa
Smith/Thomas
Wallace/Gray

How is that a gutted Bulls team, With that team we should be the best team in the East and also a top 5 team in the league. Kobe would easily accept that trade.

Thats definitely a championship team.

I concur

CELTICS4LYFE
10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
They Already Tried To Build Around Kobe An We Can C How Thats Goin....an I Dont Think Bynum Is A Player To Build Around, I Say Trade Kobe An Rebuild Period

ImmortalD24
10-29-2007, 12:33 PM
When did they try to build this team around Kobe? all they did was trade Shaq and trade Caron Bulter for Kwame Brown and stayed put..

They put absolutely no effort in building around Kobe.

Bob_at_york
10-29-2007, 12:42 PM
When did they try to build this team around Kobe? all they did was trade Shaq and trade Caron Bulter for Kwame Brown and stayed put..

They put absolutely no effort in building around Kobe.
You seem to have forgotten that they also got Odom. They thought Odom and Brown were the answers at PF/C. They were wrong, it happens. You can't say they didn't try.

Lost Art
10-29-2007, 01:42 PM
You seem to have forgotten that they also got Odom. They thought Odom and Brown were the answers at PF/C. They were wrong, it happens. You can't say they didn't try.

I think what he was trying to say was that all they have done is make one bad trade after another. When both the Shaq and Butler trades went down, everybody was saying "what the hell are you doing? You're getting ripped off!"............and they turned out to be right. We could've done much better with the Shaq trade (ex. Steve Nash, Josh Howard, Michael Finley) and the fact that Kwame is an absolute bum was just as obvious then as it is now. Bad moves all around by the Lakers :(

Although I will give them props for drafting Bynum, Turiaf, Farmar, and Crittenton..........all excellent selections

lakerboy
10-29-2007, 04:06 PM
They Already Tried To Build Around Kobe An We Can C How Thats Goin....an I Dont Think Bynum Is A Player To Build Around, I Say Trade Kobe An Rebuild Period

They have never tried to built around Kobe. Even with the given opportunity, they refuse to trade young prospects for proven stars (Artest, Boozer, Baron Davis, J Kidd, list goes on..)

Chronz
10-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Niether will get a championship, but Bynum is never gonna be the cornerstone of a franchise. He simply is not that good. he could be a legitimate nba center in the future, but he is nothing special

How can you be so sure at such a young age? But your right he could just be another Eddy Curry but I see a star in the making after what I saw last season.

Tom81
10-29-2007, 04:22 PM
neither

futureman
10-29-2007, 08:46 PM
I say dont build around any of them. But since theres no way in Hell the Lakers get equal value for kobe during the season especially, I say Build around that sorry excuse for a team player.

By the way, I think the bulls would be stupid if they give more than Gordon and their first round draft pick to the Lakers for Kobe.

YaoMinggg
08-17-2008, 02:14 AM
Bynum

heyman321
08-17-2008, 02:37 AM
Obviously Kobe. Bynum is an over rated player who had half a good season and everyone thinks he's the heir to Shaq, Wilt, and Kareem. Kobe is still in his prime and guards last longer than fowards and centers so the Lakers still have many good seasons to come.

Hellcrooner
08-17-2008, 02:55 AM
see what happens this year and the next.

If a ring is won, put more pieces around kobe.

if the team fails, try to trade Kobe and Gasol for expirings , lottery picks and or young players, and be a Factor in 2011 free agency ( Deron, C paul, Howard...) anyway, the central peice in this case woudl be the Big name Fa in 2011 not Bynum.

vladdy#27
08-17-2008, 03:10 AM
Both

SouljahPhil...
08-17-2008, 03:35 AM
i dont understand this...build arond both of them...for now with kobe...sign and trade for veterans who can help win a championship and continue improving bynum..his still young and many things could still happen...

SouljahPhil...
08-17-2008, 03:38 AM
I say dont build around any of them. But since theres no way in Hell the Lakers get equal value for kobe during the season especially, I say Build around that sorry excuse for a team player.

By the way, I think the bulls would be stupid if they give more than Gordon and their first round draft pick to the Lakers for Kobe.

and the lakers will be more stupid to trade kobe to any bulls player..no one can replace kobe...No way in hell we trade kobe to the bulls..maybe odom...:mad:

lakerfan4life1
08-17-2008, 04:18 AM

yo really what are u b****** about the Lakers won't be a top 4 team in the west ok what were u drinkin when u thought of that and how long did it really take u 2 write some dumb statement like that. Ok i see you dont have cable but lakers won the west last year without a healthy Ariza and without bynum. No player who u can bring in 2 win a championship with Kobe ahhh i think Kobe has 3 already thats that gold thing he was raisin over his head when they won it. Kobe is a great player the next best thing 2 Jordan we will ever see 4 a while and bynum is jus a good role player so no lakers wont buiild around bynum maybe when Kobe leaves. By u sayin Gordon, Noah, TT and 2 first rounders for Kobe let me jus speak 4 everybody who is a laker fan and say were glad u aint a GM lol. but really all jokin a side we know u dont like lakers but hate it or love we goin b on top so keep hatin

SeoulBeatz
08-17-2008, 04:23 AM
Bynum is very talented.

BUT....

he is yet to prove that he's a player to build around.

that is borderline insane.

he is a good 15-10 threat.... but he aint no Dwight, nor Amare, and he never will be... because he lacks that explosiveness. he will be a very good C for years to come though, but certainly not a franchise player.

Lakersfan2483
08-17-2008, 04:35 AM
Can't we build around both? Kobe still has like 6 years or so of elite basketball left.........a lot of you are talking about it like he has a 1-2 year window :confused:

Good post, I agree completely, our core group is still young. Kobe is barely 30, Bynum is 21 and Gasol is 28, LA is poised to make title runs for the next 4 to 5 yrs. barring any major injuries or trades.

Lakersfan2483
08-17-2008, 04:45 AM

Kobe led us to the NBA Finals without a healthy Bynum, why would we trade him to the Bulls for average players, makes no sense. Kobe is still in his prime yrs and won the MVP last year, the comment you made is absurd. When LA finally gave Kobe some good talent, he went to the finals, let's see what we do next year before we make any major trades, and trading Kobe would be a terrible move.

G-Funk
08-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Some Of You Fool's Are So ****ing Stupid! How The **** Are We Gonna Trade Kobe When They Just Put A Team Around Him With A Broken Finger And Bynum And Gasol Haven't Played A Single Game With Each Other????

Now That Kobe Won The Western Conforence We Should Build Around Bynum????? In That Case Every Team In The Nba Should Rebuild Cause They Didn;t Get Shyt Done....

G-Funk
08-17-2008, 05:13 AM
theyve tried for the last three years to build around kobe. look where they are now.

now im sure all the laker fans are gunna call me a troll .

WHO EVER AGREE'S WITH THIS IDIOT IS A DUMB****, KOBE JUST GOT A REAL TEAM BUILD AROUND HIM, TOOK THE LAKERS(THIRD YOUNGEST TEAM) TO THE FINALS WITH NO BYNUM, NO ODOM AND SF AND A BROKEN FINGER AT HIS PRIME???

HOW LONG HAS YAO,T-MAC, AND OTHERS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE IT TO THE FINALS FOR??? SO WHY CAN'T ROCKETS BUILD AROUND SOMEONE ELSE??

****ING TROLL

DayZ
08-17-2008, 05:21 AM
you cant really build a franchise around kobe because it has already happend

why cant you build around both?

AKA TheMamba
08-17-2008, 05:42 AM
:mad:Anything above yaomingg's quote is outdated and nearly a year old!!!! This was is high discussion during last off season but nothing to worry about this year. So quotin some1 who posted 1 year ago? just stop already making the rest of us look bad man... pay attention to post dates:mad:

lakerboy
08-17-2008, 07:03 AM
Wow, I was surprised to see this old thread I made about a year ago.

IT'S A YEAR OLD.

A year ago, I wanted to discuss which player the Lakers should keep.

Now everything is solid, and we're rolling!

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-17-2008, 11:50 AM
ok

HouRealCoach
08-17-2008, 11:55 AM
They have a chance to win it all and they are also building for the future with Bynum, Farmar, Vujacic, and Ariza

Mr. 3 Stacks
08-17-2008, 12:02 PM
niether, you alll should start drafting some talent.... and you guys already have a team built for kobe bryant, so that first option really makes no sense to me. Ill just put a huge ? by bynum cause he really hasnt done anything.

Z-ray21
08-17-2008, 12:12 PM

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU MAN. HES NOT THAT GOOD OF A CENTER YET BUT HE WILL BE HE AINT UNTIL HE PROVES TO BE A 20/12 GUY

Derick713
08-17-2008, 12:20 PM
As good as Kobe was last year I think we have to remember that his team had the most talent on it. Next season the Lakers will be the favorites because they will be getting back a healthy Bynum, Mihm, and Ariza. The Lakers also have the best bench in the NBA as of right now. If Kobe can't win with this group then I don't see why you'd build around Kobe.

Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar/Sue Yue/Coby Karl
Kobe Bryant/Sasha Vujacic/Dwayne Mitchell
Lamar Odom/Trevor Ariza/Luke Walton
Pau Gasol/Vladimir Radmanovic/Josh Powell
Andrew Bynum/Chris Mihm/

Derek Fisher- Championship Clutch Point guard
Lamar Odom-Franchise Type Forward
Pau Gasol-Best Big Man in Spain-Franchise Power Forward
Andrew Bynum-Franchise Caliber Big Man/Center

THE LAKERS HAVE THREE FRANSCHISE CALIBUR FRONT COURT PLAYERS AND THE BEST BENCH IN THE NBA. OH and Kobe Bryant

This season will be Kobe's best shot at a title. After this season the Lakers will have to consider letting Odom go in order to resign Bynum and their other young talent.

BleedPurple
08-17-2008, 02:16 PM

WTF???Did you honestly just write and submit that!!!!???? How is it clear that we cant win with what we have now?????And,how are you determing that the LAKERS who just made it to the NBA finals minus their starting center,and just happens to be the other man in this thread that people want to "build around" are not contenders right now!!!!????? Get ready for another Laker 3peat!!!!! We are currently building around Kobe and in about 5 years we will build around Bynum.

Jay22Redd
08-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Build around Kobe, theres never going to be a player like him again that will go to the Lakers

#24 Lakerland
08-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Haha, I read Sixerlover's post in the 1st page and said wtf? but found out it was posted a year ago.:D

Hawkeye15
08-17-2008, 02:31 PM
what is the point of this thread? The Lakers are already a top 4 team right now. Maybe bring this up in a few years. They are already built.

Cavs_Fan24
08-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Andrew Bynum is overrated. I'm not saying he isnt good, he is, but he's not gonna be the franchise player for the Lakers the next 5-10 years.
But, that's what the Lakers may do.

Hawkeye15
08-17-2008, 02:40 PM
As good as Kobe was last year I think we have to remember that his team had the most talent on it. Next season the Lakers will be the favorites because they will be getting back a healthy Bynum, Mihm, and Ariza. The Lakers also have the best bench in the NBA as of right now. If Kobe can't win with this group then I don't see why you'd build around Kobe.

Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar/Sue Yue/Coby Karl
Kobe Bryant/Sasha Vujacic/Dwayne Mitchell
Lamar Odom/Trevor Ariza/Luke Walton
Pau Gasol/Vladimir Radmanovic/Josh Powell
Andrew Bynum/Chris Mihm/

Derek Fisher- Championship Clutch Point guard
Lamar Odom-Franchise Type Forward
Pau Gasol-Best Big Man in Spain-Franchise Power Forward
Andrew Bynum-Franchise Caliber Big Man/Center

THE LAKERS HAVE THREE FRANSCHISE CALIBUR FRONT COURT PLAYERS AND THE BEST BENCH IN THE NBA. OH and Kobe Bryant

This season will be Kobe's best shot at a title. After this season the Lakers will have to consider letting Odom go in order to resign Bynum and their other young talent.

Their bench is highly overrated. And maybe Bynum should prove he is a good player before everyone mentions building anything around him

#24 Lakerland
08-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Andrew Bynum is overrated. I'm not saying he isnt good, he is, but he's not gonna be the franchise player for the Lakers the next 5-10 years.
But, that's what the Lakers may do.
Meh, he does get overrated by fans but this guy has a bright future. If the Lakers make him the 2nd or 3rd option as of right now and he matures up, the sky is the limit for the dude.

NYMetros
08-17-2008, 02:54 PM
I'd keep the team the Lakers have right now. Remember, Bynum missed the playoffs with an injury. If he had been healthy, who knows if the Lakers would have lost the Finals or not. So to answer the question, win now.

fredv
08-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Just trade Kobe for the whole Trailblazers lineup :D

showtym24
08-17-2008, 03:57 PM
God damn there's tons of hater's in here on bynum. Deal with it he's the next great center and yall ar jealous. So keep lying to your selfs just to make yourself feel better while were winning ships.

MetsAllTheWay
08-17-2008, 04:43 PM
build around kobe still don't know what bynum's max potential is

Jibonnie125
08-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Its probably not smart to build around someone who is recovering from knee surgery. But regardless they have a really good nucleus so dont gamble on it with bynum and just keep building around kobe.

Bound To Lose
08-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Should the Lakers build around Kobe, or build around Bynum?

How about both?

still1ballin
08-17-2008, 05:46 PM
We have a chance to win now and in the future. Once kobe retires, then we can build around Bynum.

daleja424
08-17-2008, 05:54 PM
kobe...last time they had a choice like this they traded away the older guy and kept the younger guy and havent won the big one since... while the older guy went on to win elsewhere...

crew158
08-17-2008, 05:55 PM
This thread is an excuse for people to spew their hate on kobe and/or Bynum, including mostly Houston fans who know deep down that they will NEVER get past the first round as currently constituted. Bynum was going to the All Star game before he got hurt. He absolutely dominated some plus centers in Duncan and Chandler to name a few. Only chance the west has is if Bynum shows any lingering effects from the injury.

lakers4sho
08-17-2008, 06:01 PM
:laugh2:

Let's see first if the Lakers can win with BOTH Bynum and Kobe on the floor...

It's too early to talk about rebuilding.

LA_Raiders
08-17-2008, 07:28 PM
lol...no question...mamba is the man...

SAVAGE CLAW
08-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Kobe Now, Bynum later if he proves worthy of it.

PRETTY BIRD
08-17-2008, 08:43 PM
can't believe this thread lasted a year!

lahoreda
08-17-2008, 08:55 PM
How about both?

Seriously...what's wrong with this option...this is what makes the current Lakers good...

stevefrancis
08-17-2008, 09:40 PM
build around d.j. mebenga

fairandbalanced
08-17-2008, 09:47 PM
ha, hem, ha, hem...........and who is Bynum?:confused:

lakers4sho
08-17-2008, 10:07 PM
ha, hem, ha, hem...........and who is Bynum?:confused:

Juanita Bynum, the next Oprah

http://www.juanitabynum.com/

King of NY 2010
08-17-2008, 10:32 PM
WTF is everyone talking about this man just lead the league in scoring 2 of the last 3 years and took HIS yeam to the finals. 3-time NBA champion and only 30. Is it me or is he not the best GUARD since MJ. Not to mention last seasons MVP and the fact that he SCORED MORE POINTS LAST SEASON THAN BYNUM HAS IN HIS CAREER TO THIS POINT. How many double doubles does this kid have?

Cubs Win
08-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Bynum will be a good center, but not a franchise's cornerstone. Especially with how close the Lakers were this past season, they could try to add one more key piece. I know some of the Lakers fans won't like this, but maybe even dangle Bynum as trade bait to see what you could get for him. Kobe, Odom, and Gasol would still be a great core. Maybe see what type of PG or SF(or PF if you wanna put Odom at SF)you could get. Bynum's potential could definetely bring in a good to great player to help catapult you back into the finals for 2-3 more years. I think that would allow for the Lakers to win a title now where as Bynum couldn't be the main piece of a future title run. If Bynum were to stay as a second option, then its totally different.