PDA

View Full Version : Old Trade Rumors/Ideas Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sports Illustrator
10-26-2007, 09:46 PM
We can use this thread to discuss trade rumors that has been going on with this team from now until February's trade deadline is over. Everyone reading this thread can feel free to post any trade news, trade rumors, signing rumors and/or any trade ideas concerning this team.

We can also use this thread to look back into it later on in the season to see what kind of trade ideas or rumors were presented at this time, just to recall memories and simply compare the rosters from now and the rosters later on.

t-wolves4ever
11-12-2007, 06:58 PM
this thread is commited to trade ideas or trade rumors that you might have. If you have a rumor or something offical, please try to provide a link.

Hopefully this thread continues for a long time

kambion
11-14-2007, 02:04 PM
walker for anybody, a second round pick even

WSU Tony
11-14-2007, 02:19 PM

If were not going to play him and he's "confused' about it, trade him away for anything....

horst_04
11-14-2007, 03:50 PM
How about Walker for a box of gym towels. I'm just afraid that would be too lopsided.... for the other team involved.

WSU Tony
11-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Looks like Walker had quite the game last night...... But i'd rather have him sit the bench and let a kid play than for him to get 15 pts and 5 reb a night..... The experience were gaining though the kids is going to pay high dividends in years to come, besides, were not really going to win this year anyway. Would you rather have 28 wins playing Walker..... or 25 wins while playing a kid the whole season instead of him..... I'll take the 25 thanks.

thesparky33
11-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Looks like Walker had quite the game last night...... But i'd rather have him sit the bench and let a kid play than for him to get 15 pts and 5 reb a night..... The experience were gaining though the kids is going to pay high dividends in years to come, besides, were not really going to win this year anyway. Would you rather have 28 wins playing Walker..... or 25 wins while playing a kid the whole season instead of him..... I'll take the 25 thanks.

Why? I think having an experienced veteran like Walker on the floor with the young guys actually will help them more than if they are all on the floor by themselves. It seems like a lot of people just dont like Antoine, but to me, I could care less who he is, I think he can help our team out alot, and I really like what I saw from him last night. I think another great veteran presence is Theo Ratliff. He has been a beast this year, wow! He definitely is still a top defensive big man, and we are going to miss him next year, unless he wants to sign for cheap, who knows?

bblbig
11-16-2007, 01:42 PM
How about we trade Kevin Mchale and Walker for a box of Crispy Creams and some Ky Jelly...that way we can still get f'd up the ***, but have some delicous doughnuts to tide us over whilst we rebuild

WSU Tony
11-16-2007, 01:56 PM
I think a full year's playing time for someone like brewer or green would be more beneficial to the team than having them watch for a full year. In the NFL a qb watching is a good thing, I just feel the nba is more hands on learning I guess. I see your point, however, sparky.

bblbig
11-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Certainly...a 5 man game depends far more hand on experience then a 24 man game

thesparky33
11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
This is getting off-topic, as this is a trade ideas and rumors thread, not a thread about development.

Maybe someone can start a player development thread.

boeknows
11-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Certainly...a 5 man game depends far more hand on experience then a 24 man game

What the hell does this even mean. It doesnt make sense at all.

WSU Tony
11-17-2007, 02:03 PM
What the hell does this even mean. It doesnt make sense at all.

I think what he was trying to say was that developing 1-2 players thoroughly is more important than simply letting 8-10 players develope slowly. In a game w/ only 5 spots on the floor, 2 impact players will help you more than 8-10 "ok" players....

boeknows
11-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Ahhhhhhhh I C

bblbig
11-20-2007, 04:03 PM
I think what he was trying to say was that developing 1-2 players thoroughly is more important than simply letting 8-10 players develope slowly. In a game w/ only 5 spots on the floor, 2 impact players will help you more than 8-10 "ok" players....

Thanks for the translation sorry for the choppy writing

LayZbone
11-20-2007, 10:10 PM

How about Walker for a box of gym towels. I'm just afraid that would be too lopsided.... for the other team involved.

How about we trade Kevin Mchale and Walker for a box of Crispy Creams and some Ky Jelly...that way we can still get f'd up the ***, but have some delicous doughnuts to tide us over whilst we rebuild

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

mikebs20
12-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Does anyone know how long Ratliff and Walker's go through? Are they up this year? We won't even need to trade. Those two contracts alone add up to about $20 million. Draft Hibbert with our first pick (or trade one or both of the picks for a center). Then we sign a veteran to help lead the team for a year or two and I really think the T-Wolves will be contenders again. Thank you KG.

boeknows
12-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Ratliff's contract is done this year. Walker we have this year and the next. And after that we have a contract option for 1 or 2 more years. Can't remember exactly if its 1 or 2.

thesparky33
12-01-2007, 01:39 PM
I believe after the 08-09 season, we have a 2 year contract option on Walker, which will more than likely NOT be exercised, even though he is playing well for us. I see him being used as an expiring contract next year.

Rockets Fanatic
12-06-2007, 07:43 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~16&te=&ca sh

Here's the final four-team trade: Los Angeles gets Kidd, Augustine and Madsen; Orlando gets Radmanovic; New Jersey gets Kwame, Telfair, Crittendon and a lottery-protected No. 1 from the Lakers in 2008; Minnesota gets Garrity, Vujacic and $600,000 from the Lakers.

Here's why each team makes the deal:

Minnesota: They dump the last two years of Madsen's contract without altering their nucleus or their payroll in any conceivable way.

Orlando: They acquire another killer 3-point shooter at a semi-reasonable price without touching anyone in their top eight.

New Jersey: They unload an unhappy star making nearly $41 million this year and next; save $6 million and pick up a No. 1 pick; take a four-month flier on a "talented" young power forward (I used quotes because I'm not a Kwame fan); weaken themselves sufficiently for a lottery run this season and set themselves up for a 2008 summer spending spree. Considering they had no other viable options for Kidd, that's a pretty good haul, no?

Los Angeles: First and foremost, they don't have to trade Kobe now because this would make him happy. Second, they landed Kidd without giving up Farmar (a huge victory since Farmar is going to be good). Third, they're a legitimate contender with a nucleus of Kobe, Kidd, Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum (playing extremely well) and solid supporting guys like Derek Fisher, Farmar, Luke Walton, Rony Turiaf and Trevor Ariza. Fourth, they improved their team chemistry exponentially with Happy Kobe, Happy Kidd and Always-Happy Mark Madsen. Fifth, the playoff money and general goodwill in L.A. from a Kidd trade offsets the significant financial undertaking (an extra $7 million added to the 2008 payroll that's doubled by the dollar-for-dollar luxury tax). And sixth, factoring in Kobe's player option for the summer of 2009, their top three guys (Kobe, Kidd and Odom) would all be coming off their cap after 2009, giving them a two-year run to contend for a title and tons of flexibility afterward.

Now that's a great trade.

thesparky33
12-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Okay, first of all, you took this from Bill Simmons, word for word. I see you posted a link, but it doesnt work for me, so I'm not sure if you tried to link to his article or not, but try to put quotation marks around the copied text (in this case, all of it) next time though.

Second of all, there is already an official trade idea thread, and its actually at the top of this forum, so there is no need to make another one.

Third of all, I'm glad you are in the T-Wolves forum, though. Welcome.

And as to this trade idea: I am not a fan of it. I like Madsen and what he brings to our team. There is a reason he has stayed on this team for 4 years now. And I really like what I've seen from Telfair. There is no reason why we'd do this trade, IMO.

boeknows
12-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah im not for this trade either.

Pat Thetic
12-16-2007, 12:40 AM
I love Bill, but he (rightfully so) doesn't have much respect for bassy. When he brought this trade up I wasn't down with trading away talent to just ditch Madsen's contract. I'm not crazy; I understand that Mark isn't over-flowing with basketball talent, but damn is he lovable.

SP3
12-25-2007, 10:38 PM
you may think this is big...but it could work out...
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2757~496~687~3031~2417~1979~30 49~2759~2433~557~620~356~406~601~3030&teams=28~5~5~28~5~5~20~16~16~16~16~28~20~16~28&te=&cash=

in addition..
Philadelphia receive 1st and 2nd round pick from Cleveland
Minnesota receive 1st round pick from Cleveland

Toronto does this becuase they need rebounding nd Hughes can be a steady backcourt player when in the right system

Cleveland does this becuase they finally get that PG they want, and a big expiring contract to boot

Philadelphia does this because they can finally let Louis Williams run the Point, Garbojosa is a pretty good defender (will be ready for next year) and pick up a 1st rounder

Minnesota does this because they get a steady PG in Miller, a hustle man in Humphries, Newble and Ollie's expiring contract

any thoughts?

boeknows
12-25-2007, 10:42 PM
that link didnt work

SP3
12-25-2007, 11:06 PM
that link didnt work

my bad...i fixed it up

thesparky33
12-27-2007, 04:15 AM
No. No way I'd trade Craig Smith for those players. And I wouldnt really want to part with Telfair, either. I like the team we have, to be honest.

t-wolves4ever
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM
We need a consistant PG right now. Rashadd is off and on.

Preuss-is-right
01-04-2008, 04:55 AM
I heard Mike Max say that McCants isnt in the Wolves future plans. If he's not then who is? Brewer would be good if he could score. Telfair and Smith would be good if they were 2-4 inches taller. Green would be good if he could be consistant. Gomes is a great utility player. Jefferson is way better than Garnett at his age. I'm all for the youth movement thats going on.
Trade = Jaric, Walker, Madsen, Doleac, Ratliff and decide on if McCants fits.
Get these guys outta here and get some REAL veteran leadership and swagger. We usually play well until that one quarter when we score 12 points. I say we go out and get someone that can get assists and someone who will block shots and rebound. Here is what I would do:
Jaric and/or McCants for Damon Stoudamire or Andre Miller.
Doleac, Madsen/Ratliff for Pryzbilla or Reggie Evans.
Walker for Wilkins and 2nd rounder.
Hopefully Foye wont pull a Michael Williams or Terrell Brandon type injury and be back full strength soon to the starting line up otherwise trading Roy will be yet another stupid move for the T-Wolves brain trust.

phxsuns13
01-19-2008, 04:58 PM
How about these options before the start of the 08-09 season.

1. KEEP- Al Jeff, Foye, Gomes, Brewer, Green, Smith, Walker, McCants(??)

2. Trade or Released- Jaric, Buckner, Ratliff, Doleac, Madsen, Telfair

3. We need to get a good back up PG for Foye. I just dont like Telfair. Way too inconsistent of a player.

4. Another big man PF/C to start along side of Big Al.

phxsuns13
01-19-2008, 04:59 PM
08-09 Projected Starters

PG Foye

SG ??

SF Gomes

PF/C Jefferson

PF/C ??

Preuss-is-right
01-20-2008, 09:10 PM
08-09 Projected Starters

PG Foye

SG ??

SF Gomes

PF/C Jefferson

PF/C ??

I think foye will be SG and they will try to find a pure PG. My hope for McCants is fading fast for sticking around here past next year....if he makes it that long. We need a 7 footer. We dont have anyone over 6'11". I'm not saying that matters much but I think if we can get a legitmate 7ft center it would make up for not having a pure point guard or a small backcourt. Telfair is getting to be pretty good these days so maybe theres still hope but a starting backcourt of Foye and Telfair is small to say the least. I like Ratlif when hes healthy but he never is. He is a great shot blocker and a defensive presence under the basket. I think Brewer is better off the bench. I think his best hope is trying to be like Bruce Bowen. He does have hope of becomming a sane Ron Artest though.

Preuss-is-right
01-22-2008, 02:40 AM
Nevermind I found it. Theres some ah-hem decent centers out there
Diop, Magloire, Ely, Nesterovic, Wright. No one special but better than what we have now and would probably be affordable but probably not worth the effort. It would be nice if we could get Jamison, O'Neal, Iverson, Okafor, Deng, or Josh Smith. We will probably lay low though.

Preuss-is-right
01-22-2008, 02:42 AM
Nevermind I found it. Theres some ah-hem decent centers out there
Diop, Magloire, Ely, Nesterovic, Wright. No one special but better than what we have now and would probably be affordable but probably not worth the effort. It would be nice if we could get Jamison, O'Neal, Iverson, Okafor, Deng, or Josh Smith. We will probably lay low though.

Sorry wrong thread :o

P money1
01-26-2008, 08:39 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3019~2173~207~2761~1051&teams=16~16~10~10~9&te=&cash=

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=207~2761~2834~3018~2445&teams=10~10~16~16~16&te=&cash=

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2761~2763&teams=10~16&te=&cash=

t-wolves4ever
01-26-2008, 09:26 PM
sounds like you want Gerald Green alot

na not me

Preuss-is-right
01-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Maybe the Pietrus one but probably not.
How about Green for Troy Hudson? :injury: HA HA HA

boeknows
01-27-2008, 12:14 AM
I wouldnt mind the first one. But not the other 2. With OBryant we would have a home state guy and a center who we could maybe develope into a good player for us. That one might not be a bad trade for us.

thesparky33
01-27-2008, 12:04 PM
First one looks good for us, but no way G-State gives away Pietrus and O'Bryant for Mike James, LOL.

eric1501
01-27-2008, 03:14 PM
First one looks good for us, but no way G-State gives away Pietrus and O'Bryant for Mike James, LOL.

Exactly!! LOL!

But I wouldn't do any of those trades. We played Green 15 mins on Friday night and had 9 points. He really can turn into somebody I still think. We just need to play him. Either way if we deal him he needs to get minutes to show other teams what he can do so we can get more. But we do need to keep him.

eric1501
01-27-2008, 03:17 PM
By the way guys...Anyone know somebody that can make me a Noel Devine/Derrick Rose sig? I am coming close to 100 posts and will need a sig. It would be much appreciated.

boeknows
01-28-2008, 01:46 AM
Exactly!! LOL!

But I wouldn't do any of those trades. We played Green 15 mins on Friday night and had 9 points. He really can turn into somebody I still think. We just need to play him. Either way if we deal him he needs to get minutes to show other teams what he can do so we can get more. But we do need to keep him.

How can we play him more when he doesnt know the plays and doesnt play defense?

mistahilliard
01-28-2008, 07:59 AM
I'd do the 2nd one in a heartbeat...................

boeknows
01-29-2008, 12:39 AM
I'd do the 2nd one in a heartbeat...................

I bet u would.

Preuss-is-right
01-29-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm starting to think we should just keep everyone. We need help at the point and center positions. Center not so much as point because it seems like everyone these days is going small.

JBoog35
01-29-2008, 01:22 AM
The second one is awful. The first one is too good to be true.

I don't think GS would do that unless Houston sweetened deal, maybe a 1st, and the Woofs could buck a high 2nd rounder Houston's way. It would actually serve Houston well to deal one of their PG's. They are a little overstocked right now, and I am sure that Luther Head and/or Steve Francis could handle back up point.

The straight swap with Luther Head for GG...if we weren't so loaded at G, I would do it in a heartbeat. But, I can't say we would want to swing that right now.

jjh_01_01
01-29-2008, 11:17 AM
What do you guys think of a trade like this i know they are not looking to trade him but maybe they can be convinced with some expiring contracts.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=207~2761~387~991&teams=20~20~20~16&te=&cash=20:16

thesparky33
01-29-2008, 11:45 AM
The second one is awful. The first one is too good to be true.

I don't think GS would do that unless Houston sweetened deal, maybe a 1st, and the Woofs could buck a high 2nd rounder Houston's way. It would actually serve Houston well to deal one of their PG's. They are a little overstocked right now, and I am sure that Luther Head and/or Steve Francis could handle back up point.

The straight swap with Luther Head for GG...if we weren't so loaded at G, I would do it in a heartbeat. But, I can't say we would want to swing that right now.

I pretty much agree with you on your whole post. Well said.

thesparky33
01-29-2008, 12:20 PM
What do you guys think of a trade like this i know they are not looking to trade him but maybe they can be convinced with some expiring contracts.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=207~2761~387~991&teams=20~20~20~16&te=&cash=20:16

I wouldnt want Dalembert, especially with his salary, which is about the same as Al Jefferson. Sure, he is a good player, and is great on D, but I just dont think he's worth the money he's getting paid, especially for $10.5 million.

YcBrAwLeR
01-29-2008, 01:23 PM
i am hearing from the espn message board that we are trying to get a trade done before the deadline to get us another pretty hih 1st round pick. has anyone else heard about this, or know what the trade is potentially.

JBoog35
01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
i am hearing from the espn message board that we are trying to get a trade done before the deadline to get us another pretty hih 1st round pick. has anyone else heard about this, or know what the trade is potentially.

What the heck could we give up for a high first. Unless we package future picks with someone like Shad and another...Craig Smith or Gomes. That still to me isn't enough. Unless they mean something like 8-13ish. Which would make sense to me since McHale would probably drool over Hibbert and Thabeet being that they are East Coast 7 footers.

P.S. I think Thabeet and Hibbert could be equal to Dalembert in their Soph NBA seasons, and will probably both pass him by their 3rd year. That being said, any trade for Dalembert doesn't entice me when he will soon be a poor man's Hibbert or Thabeet.

boeknows
01-29-2008, 07:29 PM
If we could get a pick in that range that would be awesome we would have a chance at a couple different players. Like Jboog said maybe Hibert or Thabeet. Another couple guys we could maybe get is Darren Collison or DJ Augustine for PG's, maybe a Kevin Love or maybe a couple of those SF's from Europe. I also could see us maybe trying to get on of the big centers from overseas also.

YcBrAwLeR
01-30-2008, 01:29 PM
ya when i said PRETTY high somewhere in the mid to late lottery is what i meant, sorry if you thought i meant like a top 3-5 pick. what would everyone think about trading mccants?? i personally think he has progressed alot especially considering he just had that surgery last year.

phxsuns13
01-31-2008, 04:37 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=111~387~2777~3031~2429~2381~30 28&teams=4~4~4~4~16~16~16&te=&cash=

I really like this one! Dont think the Bulls would do it though!

t-wolves4ever
01-31-2008, 09:06 PM
^^^^They wouldnt do it

phxsuns13
02-02-2008, 02:31 AM
I think it may be hard for the Wolves to even do too.. I really have liked the play from McCants Smith and Jaric..

JBoog35
02-02-2008, 10:32 PM
I think we have to keep McCants. I know he has tradability, but if he can turn those flashes of brilliance into 82 games a year, then I see him being the perfect 2 gaurd to Al Jefferson. Think about it, the guy hits 3's at a great clip. The opposing teams need to fear the 3 ball. If there is one player we should keep, I think it's him.

tcman2007
02-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Here's an interesting trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2761~387~687~3031~3197~2171~55 8&teams=29~29~29~29~16~16~16&te=&cash=

Preuss-is-right
02-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Here's an interesting trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2761~387~687~3031~3197~2171~55 8&teams=29~29~29~29~16~16~16&te=&cash=

I'd do it in a heartbeat if we could take out Smith and add Doleac

tcman2007
02-08-2008, 12:08 AM
I'd do it in a heartbeat if we could take out Smith and add Doleac

Yeah, well, I would too, but the idea is to make a trade that BOTH teams would like. I'm not 100% sold on this trade neither; just thought it was interesting.

Preuss-is-right
02-08-2008, 01:13 AM
Yeah, well, I would too, but the idea is to make a trade that BOTH teams would like. I'm not 100% sold on this trade neither; just thought it was interesting.

It would be nice to get Miller. I still think Milic can be decent, not superstar quality but a 10 and 8 kinda guy. I think Memphis should take your advice about the whole point of trading. Gasol for Kwame and Crititton?!? Thats worse than what phoenix gave up for Shaq! Well may not worse but those 2 big trades are far from equal. I think the circumstances in Phoenix come into consideration when comparing the 2 so thats why I give the edge to Memphis for worse trade.

Preuss-is-right
02-08-2008, 01:13 AM

It would be nice to get Miller. I still think Milic can be decent, not superstar quality but a 10 and 8 kinda guy. I think Memphis should take your advice about the whole point of trading. Gasol for Kwame and Crititton?!? Thats worse than what phoenix gave up for Shaq! Well may not worse but those 2 big trades are far from equal. I think the circumstances in Phoenix come into consideration when comparing the 2 so thats why I give the edge to Memphis for worst trade.

tcman2007
02-08-2008, 01:27 AM
It would be nice to get Miller. I still think Milic can be decent, not superstar quality but a 10 and 8 kinda guy. I think Memphis should take your advice about the whole point of trading. Gasol for Kwame and Crititton?!? Thats worse than what phoenix gave up for Shaq! Well may not worse but those 2 big trades are far from equal. I think the circumstances in Phoenix come into consideration when comparing the 2 so thats why I give the edge to Memphis for worst trade.

Yeah, that Memphis trade was atrocious. Memphis did get 2 first-round draft picks, though, but how high will those picks be if the Lakers ascend to the top of the WC? That was a BAD trade. They're obviously tryin' to clear up salary-cap space.

Miller is a very underrated player, I think. He's a stat-stuffer. He gets points, rebounds and assists--kind of a jack-of-all-trades. Miller is the player that Mike Dunleavy Jr. wishes he could be. He shoots for a nice pct. and can hit 3's a good clip as well. He grew up a Wolves fan, too, from what I understand. He grew up playing BB at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD, so, that'd be cool.

Milicic is a reliable guy. I think he could be a double-double guy...possibly. We're weak at C, so getting him would be an upgrade. Crittenton, well, I don't know much about him, but I'd take him over Jaric.

I'd like that trade to happen...then if we were to pick up either Derrick Rose or Jarryd Bayless, we'd be set

C: Darko
PF: Big Al
SF: Mike Miller
SG: Randy Foye
PG: Derrick Rose/Jerryd Bayless
Sixth man: Corey Brewer

that's a fantastic nucleus, I believe

Preuss-is-right
02-08-2008, 01:43 AM
No Telfair in your plans?

boeknows
02-08-2008, 02:07 AM
The only thing i dont like in the trade is that we got Ratliff for his expiring contract. And now we would be trading that away and having a high salary cap again.

tcman2007
02-08-2008, 03:35 AM
The only thing i dont like in the trade is that we got Ratliff for his expiring contract. And now we would be trading that away and having a high salary cap again.

Well, that's true, but the whole idea is that if you're spending $$, you might as well spend it on good players. We'd lose that expiring contract, but then the Grizzlies would take Jaric's bloated deal (around 24 mil. left). So, Memphis would have Ratliff's expiring deal of 11 mil., but they'd have to pay 24 million over the next 4 years for a player who isn't worth that kind of $$. The Wolves, on the other hand, would have Mike Miller under contract for 2 1/2 years at a cost of about 23 million (worth the cost because Miller is an excellent player), Darko Milicic for 2 1/2 years for a cost of around 17 million (Milicic still has upside), and Crittenton for a measley 3 million for the next two years (upside, also). So, even though we are losing Ratliff's expiring contract, we don't have to pay Jaric's awful contract. Instead, we pay players who we actually want and who are going to contribute to the T'Wolves future.

tcman2007
02-08-2008, 03:41 AM
No Telfair in your plans?

No, not really. I could see him being a backup on this team. Maybe we could sign him for a couple of million per year, but nothing more.

adrian_watcher
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
why dont we play walker more??

adrian_watcher
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
McCants a bust?

Luv Da New Pack
02-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind moving McCants? He is a "what exactly do you do" guy to me. I think he's ok but I've seen plenty of times when we have the ball moving and as soon as it hits his hands you know it's going up. His contract is light but I would really like a consistent, "knock-down" perimeter presence with Al's inside game. I'm not saying I want him back, but a guy like Szczerbiak. For the most part, if he was open, it was a done deal. Personally, I think Bassy has been playing a lot better and I'd like to keep him. I don't know if has interest in staying though. I like his speed and he's been doing exceptionally well in his Assist-to-Turnover ratio recently. I think we have a good group of guys and, if I had to search for who I'd move, it'd be Ratliff, Green (due to his request), Walker, and maybe McCants.

How do you guys feel about:
Joakim Noah
Jim Jackson
Corey Maggette
Patrick 'O Bryant

boeknows
02-09-2008, 01:14 AM
Well, that's true, but the whole idea is that if you're spending $$, you might as well spend it on good players. We'd lose that expiring contract, but then the Grizzlies would take Jaric's bloated deal (around 24 mil. left). So, Memphis would have Ratliff's expiring deal of 11 mil., but they'd have to pay 24 million over the next 4 years for a player who isn't worth that kind of $$. The Wolves, on the other hand, would have Mike Miller under contract for 2 1/2 years at a cost of about 23 million (worth the cost because Miller is an excellent player), Darko Milicic for 2 1/2 years for a cost of around 17 million (Milicic still has upside), and Crittenton for a measley 3 million for the next two years (upside, also). So, even though we are losing Ratliff's expiring contract, we don't have to pay Jaric's awful contract. Instead, we pay players who we actually want and who are going to contribute to the T'Wolves future.

True but what would u rather have. Jaric or Darko for more than 6 mil a season. If we stay with what we have now we would be able to resign some of our players and still have some money to sign a decent SG or SF. But if we trade those guys away and get Darko, Miller and Critt back we would be paying a lot for Darko who still hasnt lived up to anything yet. I love Miller but he makes a good chunk of change also and then Critt who kindof seems to me a little like Telfair. So i guess i wouldnt do it just because the contracts would hurt us in the long run.

Preuss-is-right
02-09-2008, 01:43 AM
We should trade McCants or Green. Not both unless Green has the same attitude McCants has then we should trade them both.

Does anyone know whos names are being mentioned in trade rumors that would be a good fit or play a position we need?

Preuss-is-right
02-09-2008, 04:18 AM
Hows this for a trade:
Wolves Out$10,080,866 In$7,137,750
Send - Buckner, McCants, Doleac, Green
Receive - Diaw, W. Chandler, D. Lee, E. Piatkowski

Knicks Out$21,094,740 In$13,500,000
Send - Marbury, W. Chandler, D. Lee
Receive - Bibby, G. Green, B. Skinner

Suns Out$10,990,200 In$7,400,000
Send - Diaw, B. Skinner, E. Piatkowski
Receive - Artest, Buckner, Doleac

Kings Out$20,900,00 In$20,781,660
Send - Bibby, Artest
Receive - Marbury, McCants

tcman2007
02-09-2008, 04:28 AM
True but what would u rather have. Jaric or Darko for more than 6 mil a season. If we stay with what we have now we would be able to resign some of our players and still have some money to sign a decent SG or SF. But if we trade those guys away and get Darko, Miller and Critt back we would be paying a lot for Darko who still hasnt lived up to anything yet. I love Miller but he makes a good chunk of change also and then Critt who kindof seems to me a little like Telfair. So i guess i wouldnt do it just because the contracts would hurt us in the long run.

Darko for 6 mil. a season.

boeknows
02-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Darko for 6 mil. a season.

Id rather take Jaric and a chance to sign other guys and our free agents than to have Darko, Miller and Critt and not have a chance to sign free agents or our own players.

boeknows
02-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Hows this for a trade:

Send - Bibby, Artest

Would this even work. I dont think it would since the salaries arent matched.

Preuss-is-right
02-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Would this even work. I dont think it would since the salaries arent matched.

Yes it does work. I did it in the espn trade machine but couldnt copy the link so I typed it in.

Oefarmy2005
02-10-2008, 05:59 PM
There is a big difference between your outgoin salary and incoming salary, 63 mill vs 48 mill. Unless ofcourse your kings salary is correct, and it indeed is 2 mil and not twenty which i will never believe for bibby and artest. check that trade again, but the math doesn't work.

Preuss-is-right
02-10-2008, 07:52 PM
There is a big difference between your outgoin salary and incoming salary, 63 mill vs 48 mill. Unless ofcourse your kings salary is correct, and it indeed is 2 mil and not twenty which i will never believe for bibby and artest. check that trade again, but the math doesn't work.

I dont really feel like checking the trade again. The math works because of all the trade exemptions the teams have. The math is correct, if you dont believe me check it yourself. I just thought it would be a trade every team benefits from. Well almost every team...maybe not so much the Kings.

The point for me putting it up there wasnt for everyone to question the numbers but to see if you would think it would be a good trade for the Wolves. I personally think Diaw and Lee would be a great fit.

boeknows
02-11-2008, 02:10 AM
If we are giving up trade exceptions also and probably cash i dont think i would do it. And there is no way the Kings do it.

Preuss-is-right
02-11-2008, 05:09 AM
How long do trade exemption last? Anyone know? I would think that it would only last a season. When I entered the information in the Suns had one from Kurt Thomas still but I think they traded him in the off season. I could be wrong though.

Bob_at_york
02-11-2008, 11:13 AM
After watching the game yesterday I started to wonder how much value Gerald Green has to your franchise. I have always heard about how your team is interested in Kris Humphries so I thought I would suggest this idea:

Gerald Green

FOR

Joey Graham
Kris Humphries

What do you guys think of this deal? Not enough?

thesparky33
02-11-2008, 12:40 PM
After watching the game yesterday I started to wonder how much value Gerald Green has to your franchise. I have always heard about how your team is interested in Kris Humphries so I thought I would suggest this idea:

Gerald Green

FOR

Joey Graham
Kris Humphries

What do you guys think of this deal? Not enough?

I dont know. I'm so undecided on Green so far, that I still dont know if I think we should keep him or trade him. One side of me thinks that he has so much potential left, and that he's a great young player, but the other side of me says that we already have so many "project" players with potential, and we just dont have the room to give him the minutes he needs to develop.

And I dont know if the Wolves are really interested in getting Humphries, although I am sure he would get a warm welcoming since he grew up and went to High School and College here...

IowaAJ
02-11-2008, 09:52 PM
how about this trade.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2381~885~2761~387~2777~881&teams=16~16~4~4~4~4&te=&cash=

IowaAJ
02-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't know if the bulls would do it but they want to get rid of Wallace, and Gordon is going to be a free agent plus we get rid of Walker and Jaric's contract

IowaAJ
02-11-2008, 09:56 PM
and they get Green who is going to be a good player plus Mccants who is a good scorer. Wallace would come over and play center for us move Jefferson to power Forward. Ben Gordon Shooting guard I think we could compete in the west with this lineup. Again I don't think the bulls would do it but you never know. Walker helps them for a run in the playoffs plus we would take Ben Wallace money off there books so it seems like a fair trade.

IowaAJ
02-11-2008, 10:02 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2761~387~165&teams=18~18~16&te=&cash=What about this trade.

boeknows
02-12-2008, 12:32 AM
I dont know. I'm so undecided on Green so far, that I still dont know if I think we should keep him or trade him. One side of me thinks that he has so much potential left, and that he's a great young player, but the other side of me says that we already have so many "project" players with potential, and we just dont have the room to give him the minutes he needs to develop.

And I dont know if the Wolves are really interested in getting Humphries, although I am sure he would get a warm welcoming since he grew up and went to High School and College here...

I dont know how much of a warm welcome it would be. Remember he left the Gophers early and pretty much left us with nobody.

boeknows
02-12-2008, 12:35 AM
I don't know if the bulls would do it but they want to get rid of Wallace, and Gordon is going to be a free agent plus we get rid of Walker and Jaric's contract

Id do this one but i dont think there is a chance in hell that the Bulls would want to.

boeknows
02-12-2008, 12:36 AM
As far as ur second one i wouldnt want Crawford.

tcman2007
02-12-2008, 01:56 AM
how about this trade.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2381~885~2761~387~2777~881&teams=16~16~4~4~4~4&te=&cash=

Um...I like this trade. Don't think that the Bulls would like it that much. We're giving up dead-weight, really. Jaric is a bum. Walker is washed-up. Rashad McCants is a solid prospect, but, let's face it, I don't think anyone really believes that he could be an all-star in this league. Green is the x factor. Green still needs to learn how to play. Maybe if they feel as if that Wallace is too expensive, and that they can't re-sign Gordon, they might do it. Very unlikely. If they were to do this, the rebuilding process in Chicago would officially begin. I really doubt that they're ready to start that. It wasn't a long time ago (like, just a few months ago) when they were looked upon as one of the best teams in the east. There is that rumor that Larry Brown could be the next head coach...

tcman2007
02-13-2008, 03:55 AM
What about this trade?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2377~3224~3032~2757~2761~387~3 031&teams=16~16~16~4~4~4~4&te=&cash=

Minnesota trades:

SF--Gerald Green
PF--Craig Smith
SG--Marko Jaric
F--Ryan Gomes

to Chicago for

F--Tyrus Thomas
PG--Chris Duhon
FC--Joakim Noah

adrian_watcher
02-13-2008, 01:43 PM
IN A HEARTBEAT

Hows this for a trade:

Send - Bibby, Artest

Preuss-is-right
02-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Doesnt it seem like this year is crazy for trades? Its as if this was the last year of the NBA and every contending team is trading their young talent for veterans in order to win the championship. All these teams are going to be downhill then it will be T-Wolves time. 2010 = Championship...or at least western conference finals vs. Blazers. I'm calling it right now. McHale better not mess this up by following the trend of unolading young talent.

boeknows
02-14-2008, 01:29 AM
What about this trade?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2377~3224~3032~2757~2761~387~3 031&teams=16~16~16~4~4~4~4&te=&cash=

Minnesota trades:

SF--Gerald Green
PF--Craig Smith
SG--Marko Jaric
F--Ryan Gomes

to Chicago for

F--Tyrus Thomas
PG--Chris Duhon
FC--Joakim Noah

The only person i like in that trade that we get is TT. He would be a nice player for us. Noah wouldn't be too bad either for us but i ike Smith and Gomes better. As far as Duhon goes ive never really been impressed by him. I guess i would rather have Smith and Gomes than TT and Noah so i wouldnt do it.

tcman2007
02-14-2008, 11:12 PM
The only person i like in that trade that we get is TT. He would be a nice player for us. Noah wouldn't be too bad either for us but i ike Smith and Gomes better. As far as Duhon goes ive never really been impressed by him. I guess i would rather have Smith and Gomes than TT and Noah so i wouldnt do it.

Oh, I'd have to disagree with ya there, Boe. This would be a fantastic trade for the Wolves to make because Thomas and Noah would fit perfectly into our youth movement. It would actually make sense Iin a way) for the Bulls too, 'cos I think they'd get an immediate boost considering that Smith and Gomes are better players right now. I really doubt that Chicago would trade Tyrus Thomas--they're still high on him. Noah would fit in nicely with this T'Wolves team. He's an energy player who could blossom coming off the bench. Duhon is average, yes, but let's face it: he has an expiring deal this year and Jaric doesn't. The X factor would be Gerald Green. Maybe if the Bulls wanted to improve at the F position right now and also get a player who they feel could turn into a future star (Green) they would pull the trigger, but I don't think so.

The Bulls would NEVER make this trade, though, not unless they really thought they could re-sign Smith, Green and Gomes.

IowaAJ
02-15-2008, 12:38 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2761~387~165&teams=18~18~16&te=&cash=What about this trade.

I think the Jamal Crawford would be a perfect fit for this team because he can create his own shot and he draws a lot of fouls plus we get rid of Jaric who has played well this year but we lose his contract. I think Isaih would be tempted by Gerald Green and he would make that move. he is averaging per PTS: 20.3 REB: 2.8 AST: 4.8. this would be a good move for us because Crawford is a consistent scorer that will score every night this is the one thing this team is missing. we have Big AL down low who is pretty consistent.
Gomes is up and down. Telfair has been pretty good at the point. Foye is coming off a 18 pt performance. MCcants can shoot but he can be inconsistant. Crawford can get to the basket at will and he can shoot from the outside this would be a great trade for us.

Preuss-is-right
02-15-2008, 02:41 AM
How about this.

Wolves
Mark Madsen
$2,420,00 3 years
For
Pistons
Primoz Brezec
$2,750,000 1 year

Nice suttle trade that helps both teams.

Preuss-is-right
02-15-2008, 02:53 AM
Wolves
Gerald Green $1,440,960
Marko Jaric $6,050,000
For
Grizzlies
Kyle Lowry $1,087,860
Mike Miller $8,376,194

We'd have to use our trade exception but I would rather have Miller over Jaric any day. I

tcman2007
02-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Here are some free-agents the Wolves should have some interest in in the off-season: (in no particular order)

1. Emeka Okafor
2. Luol Deng
3. Ben Gordon
4. Andris Biedrins
5. Monta Ellis
6. Andre Iguodala
7. Beno Udrih...WAIT aren't the Wolves already paying his salary?

Now...if you were McFail, which of these guys would you want the most and why?

Preuss-is-right
02-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Here are some free-agents the Wolves should have some interest in in the off-season: (in no particular order)

1. Emeka Okafor
2. Luol Deng
3. Ben Gordon
4. Andris Biedrins
5. Monta Ellis
6. Andre Iguodala
7. Beno Udrih...WAIT aren't the Wolves already paying his salary?

Now...if you were McFail, which of these guys would you want the most and why?

I wouldnt mind having any one of those guys on my team. Good one! Too bad we let him go:(

boeknows
02-16-2008, 01:10 AM
I think the Jamal Crawford would be a perfect fit for this team because he can create his own shot and he draws a lot of fouls plus we get rid of Jaric who has played well this year but we lose his contract. I think Isaih would be tempted by Gerald Green and he would make that move. he is averaging per PTS: 20.3 REB: 2.8 AST: 4.8. this would be a good move for us because Crawford is a consistent scorer that will score every night this is the one thing this team is missing. we have Big AL down low who is pretty consistent.
Gomes is up and down. Telfair has been pretty good at the point. Foye is coming off a 18 pt performance. MCcants can shoot but he can be inconsistant. Crawford can get to the basket at will and he can shoot from the outside this would be a great trade for us.

Crawford isnt a very consistant shooter though either. He scores a lot but he shoots a lot too.

boeknows
02-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Oh, I'd have to disagree with ya there, Boe. This would be a fantastic trade for the Wolves to make because Thomas and Noah would fit perfectly into our youth movement. It would actually make sense Iin a way) for the Bulls too, 'cos I think they'd get an immediate boost considering that Smith and Gomes are better players right now. I really doubt that Chicago would trade Tyrus Thomas--they're still high on him. Noah would fit in nicely with this T'Wolves team. He's an energy player who could blossom coming off the bench. Duhon is average, yes, but let's face it: he has an expiring deal this year and Jaric doesn't. The X factor would be Gerald Green. Maybe if the Bulls wanted to improve at the F position right now and also get a player who they feel could turn into a future star (Green) they would pull the trigger, but I don't think so.

The Bulls would NEVER make this trade, though, not unless they really thought they could re-sign Smith, Green and Gomes.

And Green Smith and Gomes dont fit into the youth movement?

Pat Thetic
02-16-2008, 05:01 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=881~598&teams=28~16&te=&cash=28:16

How about this trade? If I have to watch Walker throw up unwanted threes for another year... I would also be willing to send one of our first round draft picks. Whatever it takes.

specialiststeve
02-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Minnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players
Mike Miller
Salary: $8,376,194 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 16.9 REB: 6.6 AST: 3.6 PER: 16.04

Rudy Gay
Salary: $2,411,160 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 19.9 REB: 6.2 AST: 1.8 PER: 17.83

Darko Milicic
Salary: $6,500,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 6.8 REB: 5.9 AST: 1.0 PER: 9.60

Outgoing Players
Gerald Green
Salary: $1,440,960 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 5.1 REB: 2.1 AST: 1.0 PER: 8.27

Theo Ratliff
Salary: $11,666,666 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 8.2 REB: 4.5 AST: 0.8 PER: 13.57

Ryan Gomes
Salary: $770,610 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 11.6 REB: 5.5 AST: 1.4 PER: 14.91

Memphis is trying to dump salary to sell the team. Now would be the time to pounce. Would give us the center, and SF, SG for now and future. Would give them players to build on Gomes - Green and salary dump.

boeknows
02-16-2008, 08:26 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=881~598&teams=28~16&te=&cash=28:16

How about this trade? If I have to watch Walker throw up unwanted threes for another year... I would also be willing to send one of our first round draft picks. Whatever it takes.

You would send a 1st round pick and Walker for Rasho. What the hell are u smoking. That would be dumb for us to do that.

boeknows
02-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Minnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players
Mike Miller
Salary: $8,376,194 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 16.9 REB: 6.6 AST: 3.6 PER: 16.04

Rudy Gay
Salary: $2,411,160 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 19.9 REB: 6.2 AST: 1.8 PER: 17.83

Darko Milicic
Salary: $6,500,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 6.8 REB: 5.9 AST: 1.0 PER: 9.60

Outgoing Players
Gerald Green
Salary: $1,440,960 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 5.1 REB: 2.1 AST: 1.0 PER: 8.27

Theo Ratliff
Salary: $11,666,666 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 8.2 REB: 4.5 AST: 0.8 PER: 13.57

Ryan Gomes
Salary: $770,610 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 11.6 REB: 5.5 AST: 1.4 PER: 14.91

Memphis is trying to dump salary to sell the team. Now would be the time to pounce. Would give us the center, and SF, SG for now and future. Would give them players to build on Gomes - Green and salary dump.

There is no way in hell Memphis would do that.

specialiststeve
02-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Remember they did send an all star center Gasol for Q. Brown, Crittenton, picks. Talent wise it doesn't make sense but they would be saving about 45 million in salary.

boeknows
02-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Remember they did send an all star center Gasol for Q. Brown, Crittenton, picks. Talent wise it doesn't make sense but they would be saving about 45 million in salary.

But why would they want to give away all their talent?

specialiststeve
02-17-2008, 01:44 AM
Might not be able to pry Gay away but they are trying to sell the team and with a smaller debted payroll the price goes down. Get rid of large long term contracts and can sell. Talent is not an issue if you are trying to get rid of team.

Preuss-is-right
02-17-2008, 02:28 AM
The Pioneer Press is indicating that we might not make any moves with the exception of Walker. I know anything can happen but it looks like it may be a boring trade deadline for the Wolves. The indication is Walker would go to a playoff contender. Which one do you see him going to and for whom?

from twincities.com
WILL THE WOLVES MAKE ANY TRADES?
It's always possible, but don't expect any major moves before Thursday's NBA trading deadline. A veteran such as Antoine Walker, who isn't happy with his lack of playing time, might see an increase in his value as another piece for a playoff contender, though his 36.6 percent shooting won't help his chances of leaving town.
"I think those might probably be the deals that people look at here as we close in on the 21st, somebody that could boost the bench or give you added shooting or added defense or whatever it is you're looking for," Wittman said.

tcman2007
02-17-2008, 02:59 AM
And Green Smith and Gomes dont fit into the youth movement?

The idea is that the Wolves would be right in trading for young players rather than for older players. I think that would be a mistake. I'm not saying that the players we're trading aren't young, too. I'm just saying that it is a good idea to keep going with young talent because this team still has a lot of growing to do.

But, for the record, Green and Gomes are both in their third year. Smith is in his second. Tyrus Thomas is a second year player, and Noah is obviously a rookie. Duhon is a veteran, but he has an expiring deal...so, actually, we would get "younger" players--not necessarily by means of age, but by means of NBA experience.

jwin2005
02-17-2008, 01:12 PM
PG - Randy Foye PG - Sebastian Telfair
SG - Marko Jaric SG - Rashad McCants
SF - Corey Brewer SF - Ryan Gomes
PF - Michael Beasley PF - Craig Smith
C - Al Jefferson

Lets keep losing games and get the 1st pick!!!
Possible to get a 7'7 guy playing for UNC-Charlotte look him up!!

Free Agency might be a possibility to get a superstar, but I doubt it

Preuss-is-right
02-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Are you talking about Kenny George?
It would be nice to get some shot blocking but it sounds like he has knee problems. Hopefully we dont waste a 1st round pick on him if thats the case.

boeknows
02-18-2008, 12:32 AM
George wont be a 1st round pick. He has only started one game this year and is only playing 19 min a game. He wouldnt be very good at the next level. He is too big and too slow.

boeknows
02-18-2008, 12:33 AM
PG - Randy Foye PG - Sebastian Telfair
SG - Marko Jaric SG - Rashad McCants
SF - Corey Brewer SF - Ryan Gomes
PF - Michael Beasley PF - Craig Smith
C - Al Jefferson

Lets keep losing games and get the 1st pick!!!
Possible to get a 7'7 guy playing for UNC-Charlotte look him up!!
Free Agency might be a possibility to get a superstar, but I doubt it

he plays for unc-asheville

Preuss-is-right
02-18-2008, 12:35 AM
George wont be a 1st round pick. He has only started one game this year and is only playing 19 min a game. He wouldnt be very good at the next level. He is too big and too slow.

Do you think he's worth a 2nd round pick?
This is the 1st I've heard of him but I dont really follow college basketball except the Gophers. I just read that he had dislocated his knee in HS and that he cant play big minutes because his knees swell up too much.

boeknows
02-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Do you think he's worth a 2nd round pick?
This is the 1st I've heard of him but I dont really follow college basketball except the Gophers. I just read that he had dislocated his knee in HS and that he cant play big minutes because his knees swell up too much.

I honestly dont think he will amount to anything in the NBA. He is too big and the pace will be too fast for him. I mean he is 7'7 and 360 pounds. He is going to have some major problems with his knees and his back in the next couple of years if not before. He really isnt that great of a player either. He is just so big that he can score, grab some boards and block some shots. He doesnt do anything extremely well is really slow. I wouldnt waste a pick on him. But if he stays his full time in college and improves in the next year on his conditioning i would take a chance on him then.

Preuss-is-right
02-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Well he's got a year to get it together. I bet some team would draft him just because of his size. Maybe someone with the "irrevelant pick"

Preuss-is-right
02-18-2008, 01:33 AM
Man I was watching Kenny George dunks on youtube. Dude doesnt even jump! He looks like me playing against my 2 year old on his little tikes hoop! HA HA

IowaAJ
02-20-2008, 04:33 PM
maybe not get Kenny George but we could always get Hasheem Thabeet who is 7 ft 3 and an excellent shot blocker.

Preuss-is-right
02-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Mark Madsen for Zaza Pachilia

jwin2005
02-21-2008, 01:17 AM
Kenny George is like a person you make on NBA Live

He isnt even able to run down the floor so that eliminates him

I am excited for the Wolves this coming off season

We have a chance at Beasley

We have the Heat 2nd round pick
We have our 2nd round pick

Looking up available players late in the 1st round and early in the 2nd it looks like the Wolves can pick up a nice center to go along with Jefferson and Beasley

I'm sick of hearing about Rose and Mayo (they are not even in the same league as Beasley)

Beasley is the smoothest player I have seen at the college level... he can knock down 40 and not even break a sweat

If we don't get him and someone else does... we will regret it and McHale and Taylor will lose even more sales and have their team sent to college D-3 basketball

Preuss-is-right
02-21-2008, 02:43 AM
Kenny George is like a person you make on NBA Live

He isnt even able to run down the floor so that eliminates him

Yeah a really crappy one. At least we'd have KG!

hyp21
02-22-2008, 01:07 PM
If I were in charge of this shipwreck I think a step in the right direction would be to make a serious play for AK47. Paired up with Al Jeff, he and AK would be pretty nice. There are a LOT of players that could help this team that are currently and will be available in the offseason. Michael Pietrus is another young guy who wants out of oakland and I believe he'd do nice here at the 2 to help McCants. If your sights are on something a bit bigger than 15ppg, then Milwaukee has been pushing the idea of blowing that team up and making everyone outside bogut/Yi available (Micheal Redd anyone?). New York also could be willing to part with Quentin Richardson, Zach Randolph(good player but character issues probably will prevent him from having too many takers), and Jamaal Crawford.....welcome ideas.

thesparky33
02-22-2008, 01:51 PM
If I were in charge of this shipwreck I think a step in the right direction would be to make a serious play for AK47. Paired up with Al Jeff, he and AK would be pretty nice. There are a LOT of players that could help this team that are currently and will be available in the offseason. Michael Pietrus is another young guy who wants out of oakland and I believe he'd do nice here at the 2 to help McCants. If your sights are on something a bit bigger than 15ppg, then Milwaukee has been pushing the idea of blowing that team up and making everyone outside bogut/Yi available (Micheal Redd anyone?). New York also could be willing to part with Quentin Richardson, Zach Randolph(good player but character issues probably will prevent him from having too many takers), and Jamaal Crawford.....welcome ideas.
Shipwreck? What team are you talking about? This isnt last year anymore. We made a huge overhaul this summer, and we've got a very promising young squad. And not to mention that we dont really have much cap space to sign anymore for more than the mid-level exception, so I'd doubt we'd go for any big free agents this year.

boeknows
02-22-2008, 05:16 PM
All of those ideas are horrible. Everyone of the guys that u talked about make way to much money. We wouldnt be able to afford any of them and would just end up hurting out salary cap. Why would we want to do that?

Preuss-is-right
03-22-2008, 02:15 AM
We have Madsen, Buckner, Walker, and 2 2nd round picks to get rid of. Does anyone think these are valuable enough to get a 1st round pick or a decent starting center?

boeknows
03-22-2008, 04:46 AM
We have Madsen, Buckner, Walker, and 2 2nd round picks to get rid of. Does anyone think these are valuable enough to get a 1st round pick or a decent starting center?

IMO no. I dont know why a team would pass up on a chance of drafting someone like Love, Hibbert or Thabeet and take one of those 3 and the 2 2nd round picks which they wont get the same value. IMO it would be stupid for a team to do that. Now if we had someone better that we could trade with the 2 2nd round picks then i think some teams would take a look at that.

Preuss-is-right
03-23-2008, 04:19 PM
I think Walker has some value since his contract is up after next season. As far as Madsen and Buckner go we could probably get someone whos as good as Chucky Atkins for either one.

Preuss-is-right
03-29-2008, 03:23 AM
I just read the Raptors will probably trade Rasho and Ford. I say we make a play at them as it would full some of our needs at center and point.

LuCCi
03-29-2008, 03:18 PM
beasley is no way better than curry and rose you got to be outside your mind

MrMatteo
04-19-2008, 08:38 AM
my idea: sign free-agent Kris Humphries, ex Minnesota collage and C Rasho Nesterovic potential free-agent.

silverson
04-24-2008, 07:20 PM
I've just read that Larry Brown has stopped being vice-president for the sixers and wants to coach again. Some of you here said that we should go for a "big-name" coach. What do you think? Could this ever happen?

thesparky33
04-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I can see Larry Brown coaching the Sixers...

And I dont see us changing our coach any time soon. I think Wittman's done a good job so far, and the players are used to him now. A coaching change would be a step back for this team IMO.

silverson
04-24-2008, 08:51 PM
I can see Larry Brown coaching the Sixers...

And I dont see us changing our coach any time soon. I think Wittman's done a good job so far, and the players are used to him now. A coaching change would be a step back for this team IMO.

I don't like judging something that I don't know very well so that is why I never judged Wittman. I agree that changing coach now would be bad although I'd preffer if we started this re-building campaign with a more experienced coach.
Anyway I posted this because some guys were talking about that subject (a big name coach). That's why I didn't even create a new topic about it.

silverson
04-24-2008, 08:59 PM
By the way Sparky could you tell me somehow about this fantasy basket you're playing? Where do you play it? Has it started again?

boeknows
04-24-2008, 11:53 PM
McHale already said Wittman would be our coach next year.

Preuss-is-right
04-25-2008, 02:59 AM
Its not like Wolves were expected to do anything this year anyways. That would be pretty harsh and make us look foolish if we were to fire him.

thesparky33
04-25-2008, 01:44 PM
By the way Sparky could you tell me somehow about this fantasy basket you're playing? Where do you play it? Has it started again?

It's the mock offseason game here on PSD. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=117

It's pretty much where posters become GMs of teams (I got the Wolves) and they get to control them for a "made up offseason" which includes the draft and everything like it would in real life. It's basically to see how much you can improve your team. It's really fun, although it's addicting :).

t-wolves4ever
04-27-2008, 02:22 PM
im back guys :clap:

Preuss-is-right
04-28-2008, 01:57 AM
im back guys :clap:

Do you come back bearing gifts?

I thought it seemed kinda dead around here, where'd ya go? Banned for being to badass? :smoking:

t-wolves4ever
04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Do you come back bearing gifts?

I thought it seemed kinda dead around here, where'd ya go? Banned for being to badass? :smoking:

it was a :bs: ban. 6 days :mad:

Preuss-is-right
05-23-2008, 02:17 AM
I'm thinking that theres going to be a deal done on and/or after draft day. It will involve McCants, Walker, and maybe Madsen. Any ideas?

boeknows
05-27-2008, 01:17 AM
What do u guys think about trying to get either Hinrich or Nocioni from the Bulls. They already have a surplus of guards and forwards on their team. Maybe trade McCants to them for one of those 2. Nocioni would be a nice SF for us and Hinrich could run the point. The one thing about this is that if we draft Mayo or Bayless then one of those guys and Foye would be starting so we wouldnt have room for Hinrich unless we drafted a big guy. So what would u guys think about getting either Hinrich or Nocioni? I think getting Noc would be a great idea for us since the Bulls dont use him a lot anyways.

thesparky33
05-27-2008, 02:32 AM
I dont know if McCants would be enough to get either of those players. I also dont know if Chicago would want him, as they already have Ben Gordon, who does pretty much the same thing McCants does...

JBoog35
05-27-2008, 02:38 AM
Gordon and Sefalosha

Oefarmy2005
05-27-2008, 03:12 AM
Actually, I was thinking something like Mccants, Foye, the heat's 1 next year, heats 2nd this year and maybe the Celts' next year for the #2 pick this year. That we we can get either beasley or rose plus Mayo with the third and big guy in the second and spend the next couple of years developing our guys and maybe have a team with 3 allstars come 2010.

IowaAJ
05-27-2008, 11:12 AM
That is true but Gordon is going to be a free agent as well as Deng because they turned down the big contracts they were offered before the season.

WSU Tony
05-27-2008, 11:18 AM
That is true but Gordon is going to be a free agent as well as Deng because they turned down the big contracts they were offered before the season.

Maybe they'll change their mind and sign now that they have the #1 overall pick and a new coach? I know that would affect my decision at this point.

thesparky33
05-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Actually, I was thinking something like Mccants, Foye, the heat's 1 next year, heats 2nd this year and maybe the Celts' next year for the #2 pick this year. That we we can get either beasley or rose plus Mayo with the third and big guy in the second and spend the next couple of years developing our guys and maybe have a team with 3 allstars come 2010.
So it would be:

- Rashad McCants
- Randy Foye
- 2009 1st round pick (Miami's)
- 2009 1st round pick (Boston's)
- 2008 31st overall pick (Miami's)

All that for the #2 pick??? You have got to be out of your mind...:rolleyes:

Oefarmy2005
05-27-2008, 01:31 PM
I agree, it seems like a lot, but that's prabably what it's going to take to get either the 1 or the 2 in this draft. The question is, would you say give that for C. Anthony? I know I would. Mccant's is a great scorer, but nothing else. Foye could turnout really good, but so far he hasn't show a whole lot. Boston's pick next year isn't worth jack, since it's probably going to be in the bottom three in the first round, so roughly a second round pick. Miami's pick is nice, but they maybe be keeping it next year plus it's not a very deep draft thus far. Griffing is slotted to go #2 next year, and he would have been in teens probably this year. So I don't think it's giving up that much for Beasley or Rose. It would be if they turn out to be busts, but it's not going to happen. Maybe sub say Jaric for Foye.

Preuss-is-right
05-27-2008, 01:54 PM
I agree, it seems like a lot, but that's prabably what it's going to take to get either the 1 or the 2 in this draft. The question is, would you say give that for C. Anthony? I know I would. Mccant's is a great scorer, but nothing else. Foye could turnout really good, but so far he hasn't show a whole lot. Boston's pick next year isn't worth jack, since it's probably going to be in the bottom three in the first round, so roughly a second round pick. Miami's pick is nice, but they maybe be keeping it next year plus it's not a very deep draft thus far. Griffing is slotted to go #2 next year, and he would have been in teens probably this year. So I don't think it's giving up that much for Beasley or Rose. It would be if they turn out to be busts, but it's not going to happen. Maybe sub say Jaric for Foye.

What else does Carmelo do besides score?

No way I would give up Foye and Miami's pick. I'm betting that we trade McCants later in the year. I do see us trading Walker and our pick to New York for Lee and their pick.

Noconi would be a great addition to our team but I would rather have Gomes starting. I've never been a fan of Hinrich. I'd rather have Telfair.

silverson
05-27-2008, 03:19 PM
I've already said on a different thread that bulls are looking to trade Hinrich. But I read this in a greek newspaper so if anyone has a link that says more about this please send it.
I agree that both Nocioni and Hinrich are great additions and Nocioni can help us in the SF position cause he is more experienced than Brewer. But as Sparky said I find it kind of difficult to create an offer to get them.
As for those of you that say that we should make a big transfer move to get the second pick or trade our pick, my opinion is that because we are rebuilding we should make moves that minimize risk and create around our current core of players. Not demolishing everything we've during each period. That will get us nowhere. We have the third pick. Let's take Mayo who is clearly the most talented player after the top-2(or let Miami pick him and get Beasley if this is possible). Add him to your already young and talented core of players (Al J, Foye, Brewer, Telfair, McCants) and see only if you can trade some of your bad contracts (Jaric, Walker, Buckner). The team will be better no matter what. Then next year when you have bigger cap space you can do big moves. That's my opinion at least.

eric1501
05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
So it would be:

- Rashad McCants
- Randy Foye
- 2009 1st round pick (Miami's)
- 2009 1st round pick (Boston's)
- 2008 31st overall pick (Miami's)

All that for the #2 pick??? You have got to be out of your mind...:rolleyes:

lol..you got to be kidding me..btw sparky beautiful sig...I love it...

The absolute most I would give Miami is #3, #31 and Miami or Bostons 1st rounder next year for #2. Not both 1st rounders.

It almost seems fitting if the Bulls take Rose #1 that if the Heat really want Mayo next that they will ONLY trade to us because we have there 2nd rounder and there 1st rounder next year and they might want them back. Plus they won't want to slip too far down because we might just take Mayo before them and the Heat would be SOL.

eric1501
05-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow whats funny is I didn't even see Foye and McCants were added to the deal. Thats ridiculous.

Miami 1st rd next year

for

Mauersota
05-27-2008, 10:06 PM
A trade that could benefit us most would be to trade with Memphis. If they take Mayo we could get Lopez, if they take Lopez we could still get Mayo because Seattle sounds like there locked on to Bayless.

Oefarmy2005
05-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Just to clear up:
What I want to happen is for us to keep our 3rd pick this year, and also trade for Miami's 2nd so we can draft both Mayo and Beasley/Rose. In no way was I implying that just to trade up to the 2nd pick, I just want a trade for it straight up. We could have:

C: Jefferson
PF: Beasley
SF: Gomes
SG: Mayo
PG: Telfair or Foye if it's possible to sub someone for him in the trade.

Either way, it was just an idea, so you guys don't have to bash me for it.

ryguy2k7
05-28-2008, 02:00 AM
Just to clear up:
What I want to happen is for us to keep our 3rd pick this year, and also trade for Miami's 2nd so we can draft both Mayo and Beasley/Rose. In no way was I implying that just to trade up to the 2nd pick, I just want a trade for it straight up. We could have:

That's a dream lineup.

Preuss-is-right
05-28-2008, 02:10 AM

Sorry man. I didnt know it was straigh up with out swapping. I'd do that trade then.

boeknows
05-28-2008, 02:43 AM
Noconi would be a great addition to our team but I would rather have Gomes starting. I've never been a fan of Hinrich. I'd rather have Telfair.

If we did get Noc i think he would start at the 3 and Gomes would start at the 4.

silverson
05-28-2008, 10:35 AM
If we did get Noc i think he would start at the 3 and Gomes would start at the 4.

I agree. In a small line up Nocioni would start at 3, Gomes at 4 and Al at 5. Boe what would you give up to take Nocioni?

twissst89
05-28-2008, 11:11 AM
How bout this?

T Wolves trade
# 3 pick
Corey Brewer
Their next years first round pick(Not Ours)
Miami's 2nd rounder

T Wolves recieve
Beasley

Miami Trades
Beasley

Miami Recieves
OJ Mayo
DeAndre Jordan
Minnesota's next years 1 round pick
Their 2nd rounder back

Clippers Trade
1st Round Pick (DeAndre)

Clippers Recieve
Corey Brewer

brandonwarne52
05-28-2008, 11:17 AM
I don't understand why people post these?

IowaAJ
05-28-2008, 11:34 AM
If we have to give up all that I would rather just pick Mayo with the number 3 pick.

brandonwarne52
05-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Agreed.

thesparky33
05-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Just to clear up:

I hear ya, and understand, but including Foye, Rashad, AND 2 future 1st round picks is insane IMO. That would be enough to grab an established superstar player...

Preuss-is-right
05-28-2008, 12:27 PM
This should be in the trade rumors/ideas thread. Or maybe sparky can make an offseason ideas/trades thread and merge all of them.

WSU Tony
05-28-2008, 12:39 PM
How about we title it, "longshot thread."

iangallagher29
05-28-2008, 01:59 PM
As a nets fan would u be interested in RJ our 10 and 21st pick for Al Jefferson

Mauersota
05-28-2008, 02:02 PM

I suggest you don't post in the wolves forum anymore.

WSU Tony
05-28-2008, 02:38 PM

lol, I suppose the Lakers will trade Kobe for our 3rd overall pick?

Preuss-is-right
05-28-2008, 09:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfXCkoCudEY&feature=related
My thoughts on that proposal.

boeknows
05-29-2008, 02:08 AM
I agree. In a small line up Nocioni would start at 3, Gomes at 4 and Al at 5. Boe what would you give up to take Nocioni?

Id give up McCants and one of our second rounders. They might not want that though. But i would love to get Noc i think he would be a really good player for us.

jhaggs
05-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Just to clear up:

I like your idea and I definitely don't think that would be giving up too much. In fact, I don't think the Heat would take that deal. Foye and McCants haven't proven anything in the league. Boston's pick will be weak and Miami could move up in a weak Eastern Conference making their pick weak as well. I don't think the other people realized that you meant we would get 2 and 3. To team Beasley and Mayo with Jefferson would be sick. The Twolves would have their own, much younger, Big 3.

jhaggs
05-29-2008, 02:31 PM
I hear ya, and understand, but including Foye, Rashad, AND 2 future 1st round picks is insane IMO. That would be enough to grab an established superstar player...

How is that giving up too much? Why would the Heat want to trade for 2 undersized SG in Foye and McCants and 2 1st round picks which are likely to be late and mid-round picks? (I am assuming the Celtics will be very good again next year and that Miami will be much improved in the weak Eastern Conference).

I would do that deal in a heartbeat. I don't like McCants or Foye as players. Neither of them is good defensively. They can't play PG and aren't exceptional scorers. Kevin McHale should have been fired just for trading Roy for Foye. I realize neither Beasley or Mayo has proven anything in the league but I would much rather have those 2 together just on their potential than have just Mayo with all 4 of the players that the Twolves would be giving up.

Anyways, it's never going to happen.

Oefarmy2005
05-29-2008, 03:51 PM
I know that it's unlikely, but miami needs a lot of help. I think that Foye could be realy good playing with Wade, and in my opinion he can both run the point and defend pretty well. Mccants I kind of a throw-in, and has little value, but may have for some team that is desparate for a scorer. I think that if we throw in Brewer instead of Mccants they would do it. Miami could use a forward like Brewer, because their best defender - Marion, can concentrate on the offensive end more.

thesparky33
05-29-2008, 03:55 PM
How is that giving up too much? Why would the Heat want to trade for 2 undersized SG in Foye and McCants and 2 1st round picks which are likely to be late and mid-round picks? (I am assuming the Celtics will be very good again next year and that Miami will be much improved in the weak Eastern Conference).

I would do that deal in a heartbeat. I don't like McCants or Foye as players. Neither of them is good defensively. They can't play PG and aren't exceptional scorers. Kevin McHale should have been fired just for trading Roy for Foye. I realize neither Beasley or Mayo has proven anything in the league but I would much rather have those 2 together just on their potential than have just Mayo with all 4 of the players that the Twolves would be giving up.

Anyways, it's never going to happen.
That's about the same package the Sixers were asking of us for Iverson a couple years ago, and we turned them down... and we didnt have the 1st rounders then as well. As I said before, that package of players and picks is enough to land a superstar player that is getting shopped. Granted, Garnett got a lot more, considering we landed a complete STUD in Al Jeff, but we got more out of KG than any superstar player ever IMO, even more than LA got out of Shaq...

WSU Tony
05-29-2008, 04:01 PM
If we draft Mayo #3, is anyone opposed to trading both our 2nd rounders to denver to move up to the #20 spot? They only have 1 pick in this year's draft and might want 2 high ranking 2nd picks over 1 pretty low 1st round pick. We might be able to get Koufos for our center and Mayo for our PG in one off season.

Al Jefferson
Mayo
Brewer
Foye
Koufos
McCants
Gomes

That would be a very tallented young group of players to grow and compete with each other in the future. Please let me know if this isn't practical but from what I've read it sounds like the Wolves only want to come away with 2 guys this draft and don't want or are able to sign 3 guys. We could come away with a future star point guard, a promissing center, and only have 2 guys to sign after the draft....

Is this probable? (I'm a MLB guy so please let me know if this isn't realistic, if that's the case I apologize).

Preuss-is-right
05-29-2008, 05:48 PM
If we draft Mayo #3, is anyone opposed to trading both our 2nd rounders to denver to move up to the #20 spot? They only have 1 pick in this year's draft and might want 2 high ranking 2nd picks over 1 pretty low 1st round pick. We might be able to get Koufos for our center and Mayo for our PG in one off season.

Al Jefferson
Mayo
Brewer
Foye
Koufos
McCants
Gomes

That would be a very tallented young group of players to grow and compete with each other in the future. Please let me know if this isn't practical but from what I've read it sounds like the Wolves only want to come away with 2 guys this draft and don't want or are able to sign 3 guys. We could come away with a future star point guard, a promissing center, and only have 2 guys to sign after the draft....

Is this probable? (I'm a MLB guy so please let me know if this isn't realistic, if that's the case I apologize).

I just had the same exact idea since word is that Lopez is falling to the 10-20 range.

thesparky33
05-29-2008, 06:08 PM
It's not too impossible. Because both of our 2nd rounders are very high, we might, I repeat might be able to persuade a team with a low 1st to trade for both. I dont think it's very likely, but at the same time, our 31st overall pick is possibly more valuable than the 27-30th picks, cuz 2nd rounders arent guaranteed contracts like 1st rounders are...

Wolves5
05-29-2008, 07:16 PM
I think we should trade Gomes and a 2nd round pick to move up in draft to get a Center, or trade for one. That way Al plays PF where he is better. Then we could develop Brewer to play the SF, and be our defense specialist, cause he cant score. Or if we get Beasely let him play the three. Either way we gotta get a C. I think a good Center will help us more than Gomes, and we gotta get Brewer some playing time.

C- ????
PF- Jefferson
SF-Brewer
SG-Mayo
PG- Foye

C-????
PF- Jefferson
SF- Beasley
SG- Foye/McCants
PG- Telfair/Foye

jwin2005
05-29-2008, 07:21 PM
that is an awesome perspective

I say Beasley would make us a playoff team in 1 year whereas if we take Mayo it will take about 2-3 years BUT that is still good if we have to settle with Mayo

thesparky33
05-29-2008, 08:03 PM
that is an awesome perspective

I say Beasley would make us a playoff team in 1 year whereas if we take Mayo it will take about 2-3 years BUT that is still good if we have to settle with Mayo
I think Mayo and Beasley would both make about the same impact on our team in terms of how long it takes us to implement them into our system.

jhaggs
05-29-2008, 11:31 PM
I think we should trade Gomes and a 2nd round pick to move up in draft to get a Center, or trade for one. That way Al plays PF where he is better. Then we could develop Brewer to play the SF, and be our defense specialist, cause he cant score. Or if we get Beasely let him play the three. Either way we gotta get a C. I think a good Center will help us more than Gomes, and we gotta get Brewer some playing time.

C- ????
PF- Jefferson
SF-Brewer
SG-Mayo
PG- Foye

C-????
PF- Jefferson
SF- Beasley
SG- Foye/McCants
PG- Telfair/Foye

What is Gomes and a 2nd round pick going to get us? Certainly not a 1st round pick.

jhaggs
05-29-2008, 11:33 PM

Al Jefferson
Mayo
Brewer
Foye
Koufos
McCants
Gomes

You're right. I remember reading that the Wolves only wanted 2 players out of the draft. It was either about roster space or money.

Those 2 2nd rounders won't get us that high in the 1st though. I was thinking somewhere between 26-28.

Preuss-is-right
05-30-2008, 12:03 AM
I dont know why we would ever get rid of Gomes unless its for someone similar like Boris Diaw.

Whats everyones thoughts about possible trades for these players?
Chris Wilcox, Hakim Warrick, Kyle Lowery, Earl Watson, Damein Wilkins, David Lee, Chris Kamen, Charlie Villanueva, Nenad Kristic? Other teams without top 10 picks that you can think of that might have something good to give up?
I know Kamen is a long shot but you never know with the Clippers.

Preuss-is-right
05-30-2008, 04:21 AM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/19374834.html?page=2&c=y

Taylor said if Wolves trade draft pick it will include a player and a future draft pick.

silverson
05-30-2008, 10:27 AM
First of all let me say again my opinion that the wolves should make baby steps this year and try to minimize the risk (as much as this is possible) in their moves.
IMO drafting Lopez because he is a center instead of Mayo is a huge-risk and most probably a mistake. Just remember what happened in the '03 draft. It's not sure that Mayo will turn out to be as effective as Carmelo, Bosh or Wade in the NBA but IMO Lopez may not even have the contribution of Milicic. And we are talking about a 3rd pick. Not a 6th...
Trading our pick would also be a risky move for me. What the wolves need right now is a fresh star. A breath of fresh air as Moloko would say. I find Jim Souhan's article ( http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/19226069.html?location_refer=Timberwolves ) both eristic and nonsensical. If he thinks he is doing good to the wolves with his exagerating critisism I have no words for him.
As for the second round picks, we know that we probably have two ways to go. Either trade both of them for late 1st rounder or pick 1 for now and another to leave in Europe for a year or 2. Either way would be good if we find the right choices. R. Lopez as a late 1st rounder is a good choice. Hibbert is just too slow for me. Jawai is a player I haven't seen much so I'd rather not say anything. My compatriot Koufos may develop in a good player. But again he needs a lot of work. Playing for the national team can only do him good if he is selected. I'd rather he stayed in college a bit longer and he is a bet I am afraid to put my money on. I like much more the possibility of taking DJ White and Pekovic. DJ White may be more of a PF but I think he will compliment AL J good. Pekovic is a known talent in Europe and has already signed for next year with Panathinaikos in Greece where he will work with one of the best (if not the best) coaches in Europe (Obradovic). In 2 years he can come to the league and contribute straight away. It will be the perfect timing as we all want the wolves to challenge in 2010.
All of the above are strictly my opinions. I hope nobody gets offended by them and I am open to discuss each one of them.

Links:
1) An article saying we might be interested in taking Love (God no...) and if you read further down you'll find some interesting stuff about Mayo:
http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=570008427
2) An interesting article about the choices we have at the 3rd pick. Unfortunately they don't have Beasley there :p :
http://www.twincities.com/timberwolves/ci_9327982?nclick_check=1

thesparky33
05-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Great insight, silverson, I always like your posts for some reason.

This Pekovic guy... where is he projected to go in the draft?

millertime21
05-30-2008, 12:02 PM
forgive me- i'm not a huge college basketball guy. but the talk last year was if hibbert went out, he would have been a top 10, maybe top 5 pick. what happened in the last year to make him plummet? the one thing the wolves have never had was a true, legit center. my impression would be if we could get mayo at #3 and trade our two #2's for a spot in the first to grab hibbert or another comparable center, we would have a great, young nucleus.

thoughts???

timberwolvesfan
05-30-2008, 01:07 PM
What is Gomes and a 2nd round pick going to get us? Certainly not a 1st round pick.

Sure it could, especially if the Wolves trade to a team in the late first-round who will be playoff bound next year. Ryan Gomes, with his skill-set, could help a team right away. That and the 31st would be enough to convince a team to send a 22-30 pick. I think that's pretty realistic.

IowaAJ
05-30-2008, 01:10 PM
I would love to pick a up a center with a trade into the 1st round. Roy Hibbert stock fell because he didn't really dominate and with his 7ft 2 height NBA scouts figured he would score like 20 points a game and he isn't the best rebounder either so that is why his stock has fell so much. Late in the 1st round would be a good value pick for Hibbert, or Hardin

IowaAJ
05-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I don't want to trade Gomes the guy was great for us last year. He was our 2nd best player I don't understand why we would want to trade him.

timberwolvesfan
05-30-2008, 01:16 PM
First of all let me say again my opinion that the wolves should make baby steps this year and try to minimize the risk (as much as this is possible) in their moves.
IMO drafting Lopez because he is a center instead of Mayo is a huge-risk and most probably a mistake. Just remember what happened in the '03 draft. It's not sure that Mayo will turn out to be as effective as Carmelo, Bosh or Wade in the NBA but IMO Lopez may not even have the contribution of Milicic. And we are talking about a 3rd pick. Not a 6th...
Trading our pick would also be a risky move for me. What the wolves need right now is a fresh star. A breath of fresh air as Moloko would say. I find Jim Souhan's article ( http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/19226069.html?location_refer=Timberwolves ) both eristic and nonsensical. If he thinks he is doing good to the wolves with his exagerating critisism I have no words for him.
As for the second round picks, we know that we probably have two ways to go. Either trade both of them for late 1st rounder or pick 1 for now and another to leave in Europe for a year or 2. Either way would be good if we find the right choices. R. Lopez as a late 1st rounder is a good choice. Hibbert is just too slow for me. Jawai is a player I haven't seen much so I'd rather not say anything. My compatriot Koufos may develop in a good player. But again he needs a lot of work. Playing for the national team can only do him good if he is selected. I'd rather he stayed in college a bit longer and he is a bet I am afraid to put my money on. I like much more the possibility of taking DJ White and Pekovic. DJ White may be more of a PF but I think he will compliment AL J good. Pekovic is a known talent in Europe and has already signed for next year with Panathinaikos in Greece where he will work with one of the best (if not the best) coaches in Europe (Obradovic). In 2 years he can come to the league and contribute straight away. It will be the perfect timing as we all want the wolves to challenge in 2010.
All of the above are strictly my opinions. I hope nobody gets offended by them and I am open to discuss each one of them.

Links:
1) An article saying we might be interested in taking Love (God no...) and if you read further down you'll find some interesting stuff about Mayo:
http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=570008427
2) An interesting article about the choices we have at the 3rd pick. Unfortunately they don't have Beasley there :p :
http://www.twincities.com/timberwolves/ci_9327982?nclick_check=1

Just to let you know, Silverson, NBAdraft.net predicts that we will pick Pekovic at #31.

timberwolvesfan
05-30-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't want to trade Gomes the guy was great for us last year. He was our 2nd best player I don't understand why we would want to trade him.

To fill a team need. The prospect of being able to keep Big Al at the PF position is worth a lot to the Wolves.

thesparky33
05-30-2008, 01:41 PM
forgive me- i'm not a huge college basketball guy. but the talk last year was if hibbert went out, he would have been a top 10, maybe top 5 pick. what happened in the last year to make him plummet? the one thing the wolves have never had was a true, legit center. my impression would be if we could get mayo at #3 and trade our two #2's for a spot in the first to grab hibbert or another comparable center, we would have a great, young nucleus.

thoughts???
IowaAJ already answered this I see, but I think Hibbert was considered so high because of his potential and because he was a 7'2. But in his senior year, he didnt really improve much from his other years, so that really just showed NBA scouts that he is pretty much at his peak, and it really hurt his draft stock. A team that's in the lottery most likely will need a player with star potential or at least to be a solid starter for years to come, and I dont think they view Hibbert as either. I think he'd be a career 2nd string center, who would be very valuable to even a contending team, but not enough to play tons of minutes or rely on heavily.

If we could trade up into the late 1st round and grab him, I'd be satisfied with that. I think he'd maybe even be the starting center on opening night, given that we really dont have many options there besides Al Jeff and Madsen.

Sure it could, especially if the Wolves trade to a team in the late first-round who will be playoff bound next year. Ryan Gomes, with his skill-set, could help a team right away. That and the 31st would be enough to convince a team to send a 22-30 pick. I think that's pretty realistic.I think you're right in that Gomes would no doubt give any playoff teams high interest, but you wouldnt even need to trade our 31st pick. Gomes would be enough, and too much IMO, for just a late 1st rounder straight up.

Ryan has played exceptionally well for us, and did so in Boston beforehand. I dont see him being anywhere but our starting SF or PF (depending on if we start the season with Big Al at PF or C).

silverson
05-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Great insight, silverson, I always like your posts for some reason.

This Pekovic guy... where is he projected to go in the draft?

nbadraftnet.com has him at 31: http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/nikolapekovic.html

draftexpress.com has him at 34 (and compare him with Al J:eyebrow:) :
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nikola-Pekovic-1047/

I think he will be late first or early second. I did some more reading on him. I am not worried about negatives such as fundamental and basketball IQ that some say because I've seen how Obradovic (his new coach) works with players. What does worry me is that he has said he doesn't like the NBA. If I find something else I'll post it.

Oh! And thank you for your kind words ;)

jhaggs
05-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Sure it could, especially if the Wolves trade to a team in the late first-round who will be playoff bound next year. Ryan Gomes, with his skill-set, could help a team right away. That and the 31st would be enough to convince a team to send a 22-30 pick. I think that's pretty realistic.

I disagree. Gomes was basically a throw away for Boston. He is a decent player but it is dangerous to overestimate the value of a guy who puts up great statistics on a terrible team. Mike James anyone? He has very little value on the trade market with only one decent season under his belt on a team that was among the worst in the league.

jhaggs
05-30-2008, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=thesparky33;5332336]IowaAJ already answered this I see, but I think Hibbert was considered so high because of his potential and because he was a 7'2. But in his senior year, he didnt really improve much from his other years, so that really just showed NBA scouts that he is pretty much at his peak, and it really hurt his draft stock. A team that's in the lottery most likely will need a player with star potential or at least to be a solid starter for years to come, and I dont think they view Hibbert as either. I think he'd be a career 2nd string center, who would be very valuable to even a contending team, but not enough to play tons of minutes or rely on heavily.[QUOTE]

And because he is probably the most unathletic player in the NCAA. I see him being a far worse Michael Olowokandi which doesn't bode well for him.

thesparky33
05-30-2008, 03:47 PM
I disagree. Gomes was basically a throw away for Boston. He is a decent player but it is dangerous to overestimate the value of a guy who puts up great statistics on a terrible team. Mike James anyone? He has very little value on the trade market with only one decent season under his belt on a team that was among the worst in the league.

Gomes was not a throw away for Boston. Not at all. Ask any Boston fan that, and they'll all tell you that they were sad to see him go. He'd be a valuable part of any team.

Mauersota
05-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Weren't they trying to give us an extra pick or something to be able to keep Gomes?

boeknows
05-31-2008, 05:03 AM

Would that be the same Miami Heat that were supposed to be in the playoffs and contending this year?

boeknows
05-31-2008, 05:09 AM

I agree

boeknows
05-31-2008, 05:22 AM
A couple of u guys have been talking about Hibbert and i just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. People have said he is too slow for the NBA but they also said that about Yao. There arent a lot of big men who are really fast. Amare and Howard are and some of the other really athletic big men are but Hibbert isnt one of those guys. He is more of a back to the basket big man who is going to bump with u. Also people keep saying that his stats wernt that great in college. IMO this was because a lot of teams started playing zone against them because Georgetown wasnt that great at the outside shot. His rebounding numbers werent huge because they had 4 guys who averaged over 4 reb per game. They were a good rebounding team as a whole and he was just a part of it. You cant fault him for not being able to get every rebound if he was being blocked out by a couple guys due to a zone. Beasley had great rebounding numbers because no one else on the team could rebound. Walker averaged 6 for them but no one else averaged more than 4. I wouldnt mind taking Hibbert if we could get him somehow. I dont think he will be a great player or anything but i think he would be a solid starter for us at the 5.

freddylegrande
06-01-2008, 08:33 AM
when i look at the wolves roster i see: jaric, doleac, buckner, madsen, walker all of them need to go everyone else should stay. so we should draft mayo then trade all the players above for a good young C and a few younger role players to build with. we dont need a lot of veteran help imo i think its better to let the young guys grow together. we should keep:
pg- foye, telfair
sg- draft mayo, mccants
sf- brewer, snyder
pf- big al, gomes, smith
c- trade for or draft a starter, richard

and a few other role players needed but to me that is a gret young core of players and nect year with our first round picks we will get another star who can help us and a few other role players and in 3 years we can be competing at the top level again.

WSU Tony
06-01-2008, 12:19 PM
when i look at the wolves roster i see: jaric, doleac, buckner, madsen, walker all of them need to go everyone else should stay. so we should draft mayo then trade all the players above for a good young C and a few younger role players to build with.

If only it were that easy.

Wolves5
06-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Would that be the same Miami Heat that were supposed to be in the playoffs and contending this year?

Um, yeah except with either rose beasley or mayo, plus a healthy d wade and marion.

Wolves5
06-01-2008, 02:17 PM
But for real Marko has to go. I dont mind walker as much, maybe he can teach them a couple things like how not to get fat. But Doleac and Mad Dog and that whole crew needs to go. Some how the wolves always seem to be stuck with players that no one wants that we traded for, and now cant get rid of. Thanks McHale.

Look at the spurs and lakers benches. There is not one player that is expandable. We have like 5 players that wouldnt make their practice squad.

freddylegrande
06-01-2008, 02:36 PM
^^ why does mcfail keep them? madsen has been with us for ages he wouldnt make anyone elses bench in the league!

WSU Tony
06-01-2008, 02:56 PM
You can't just "cut" guys, you have contracts to fulfil.

The fact that a team who has D-Wade & Marion is getting the 2nd pick in the draft is pathetic. No doubt tanking and convenient timing for surgery plays into the mix.

WSU Tony
06-01-2008, 05:21 PM
:cricket:

I guess the warm weather and the weekend means no T-Wolves draft chat...

timberwolvesfan
06-01-2008, 07:31 PM
You can't just "cut" guys, you have contracts to fulfil.

The fact that a team who has D-Wade & Marion is getting the 2nd pick in the draft is pathetic. No doubt tanking and convenient timing for surgery plays into the mix.

Yup. Classless. And David Stern gets up in front of the camera and ensures that the current system works because the team with the most losses usually doesn't get the # 1 pick...

He needs to look at reality. The Heat tanked it. Ask Jeff Van Gundy if the Heat tanked it--he'll tell ya. And even if they didn't get the # 1, they blocked a few other less talented teams from getting the # 2.

I tell ya what, Tony, if the Heat had sent an UNPROTECTED pick to the Wolves instead of a lottery-protected pick, they would've played MUCH harder this season--I guarantee it.

WSU Tony
06-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Yup
I tell ya what, Tony, if the Heat had sent an UNPROTECTED pick to the Wolves instead of a lottery-protected pick, they would've played MUCH harder this season--I guarantee it.

No kidding. I can't agree more with that last statement of yours. You just know D-Wade would have waited till the end of the season before surgery and Pat Riley wouldn't have gone on his little scouting vacation for the last month of the season. You want to talk about giving up on a season, that's how you do it.

timberwolvesfan
06-01-2008, 07:54 PM
No kidding. I can't agree more with that last statement of yours. You just know D-Wade would have waited till the end of the season before surgery and Pat Riley wouldn't have gone on his little scouting vacation for the last month of the season. You want to talk about giving up on a season, that's how you do it.

It's hilarious...I had this "discussion" in the Heat forum, and they praised the "bravery" it took to send a bunch of scrubs out there to play 'cos all of their main players were hurt. I understand that you have to defend your team, but c'mon.

But anyways...here's a trade for everyone on here to "discuss":

T'Wolves trade:

Randy Foye
Rashad McCants
Marko Jaric
# 34 pick

for

Adam Morrison
Nazr Mohammed
Raymond Felton
# 9 pick

The Wolves would then use the # 9 to take either Danilo Gallinari or Joe Alexander

Wolves roster:

C: Mohammed/Richard/Madsen
PF: Big Al/Craig Smith
SF: Gallinari or Alexander/Morrison
SG: OJ Mayo/Brewer
PG: Felton/Telfair

Preuss-is-right
06-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Thats an interesting trade. I still cant decide yes or no. I guess it depends on if Morrison is healthy and can compete at the same level again. I like Mohammed but if Sean May can actually stay healthy I'd sub him in.

Oefarmy2005
06-02-2008, 12:38 AM
I personally think that there is no way in hell Charlotte would do it. I don't know about the rest of the people here, but I would take Felton over Mccants and Foye any day. Not saying in actual value, but of what he would bring to our team. Not a big fan of Morrison, but he is a descent shooter and we could definetely use him if Foye and Shady are gone.

boeknows
06-02-2008, 01:08 AM
Um, yeah except with either rose beasley or mayo, plus a healthy d wade and marion.

Thats going to be hard to afford. Three high priced guys. And how do u know they are going to resign Marion? Because he is a free agent now.

boeknows
06-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Look at the spurs and lakers benches. There is not one player that is expandable. We have like 5 players that wouldnt make their practice squad.

You dont think any of these players are someone they couldnt live without?

Trevor Azira
Coby Karl
DJ Mbenga
Chris Mihm
Ira Newble
Matt Bonner
DerMarr Johnson
Ian Mahinmi
Damon Stoudamire
Jacque Vaughn

Are u telling me that everyone of these guys are good players? Because these are players on their bench.

boeknows
06-02-2008, 01:20 AM
I personally think that there is no way in hell Charlotte would do it. I don't know about the rest of the people here, but I would take Felton over Mccants and Foye any day. Not saying in actual value, but of what he would bring to our team. Not a big fan of Morrison, but he is a descent shooter and we could definetely use him if Foye and Shady are gone.

I agree. Charlotte would be getting screwed in that deal.

Wolves5
06-02-2008, 12:12 PM
You dont think any of these players are someone they couldnt live without?

Trevor Azira
Coby Karl
DJ Mbenga
Chris Mihm
Ira Newble
Matt Bonner
DerMarr Johnson
Ian Mahinmi
Damon Stoudamire
Jacque Vaughn

Are u telling me that everyone of these guys are good players? Because these are players on their bench.

Alright I might have taken it a little too far by saying none of them are expandable, but still while those players arent the best, its called team chemistry. Mihm has been hurt, Stoudemire was hurt but is a solid veteran (I'd take him on my team for little money), Ariza is a good rising player. The other ones are bad yes, but I'd still take Dermarr and Vaughn and Newble over Doleac Madsen and Jaric.

Anyways the wolves have at least 5 players we need to CUT ( if we could), and i was just trying to point out how many horrible players we have on our bench compared to elite teams.

Wolves5
06-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Thats going to be hard to afford. Three high priced guys. And how do u know they are going to resign Marion? Because he is a free agent now.

Yeah I think they will re-sign Marion, and if they dont they are going to go out and get another player after clearing all that cap room. Odom, Turkoglu, and Rasheed are going to be FA's.

And adding whoever they get in draft is going to help tremendously, all three of those guys are going to step in and help a team.

Not to mention they are playing in the EASTERN CONFERENCE where a team with a losing record makes the playoffs.

There is no doubt that the Heat are going to be A LOT better next year, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see them back in the playoffs at all.

thesparky33
06-02-2008, 01:17 PM

Marion isnt a free agent. He has a player option for next season, and he can decide to opt out and become a free agent. However, since no other team has the cap space to sign him to a bigger salary than he currently has, it's very unlikely that he'll opt out... especially if the Heat offer him a very nice contract extension...

specialiststeve
06-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Right now it seems unlikely that the Blazers actually keep this pick. They are loaded with young players and have a history of being very active on the trade market. GM Kevin Pritchard is already burning up the phone lines. I think he either packages some of his young players with this pick and moves up, or he trades for a veteran.

From Chad Fords latest mock draft.

Since we have a trade history with Portland - what do you think of possibly sending next years 1st round from Miami and one of this years second rounders for Portlands 13th pick? We should be able to get a decent pick - possibly a center at that spot. My guess is that DeAndre Jordan, Marreese Speights, JaVale McGee, or Kosta Koufos would possibly be available at that spot.

WSU Tony
06-03-2008, 12:25 AM
From Chad Fords latest mock draft.

Since we have a trade history with Portland - what do you think of possibly sending next years 1st round from Miami and one of this years second rounders for Portlands 13th pick? We should be able to get a decent pick - possibly a center at that spot. My guess is that DeAndre Jordan, Marreese Speights, JaVale McGee, or Kosta Koufos would possibly be available at that spot.

If we trade down, I expect a future 1st rounder (unprotected hopefully) for the trade. We would be giving up OJ frickin Mayo to move down, we better get something great in return, especially since his stock has gone up so much the past month.

I'm all for giving up Miami's next years 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder this year to move up. If that means we keep Mayo at #3 and add a center (believe it or not Love might still be available at that spot) We'd get Mayo and our GM would get his infatuation with Love. (that sounds funny)

Mayo
Jefferson
Love
Foye
Gomes

That would be sweet and we'd have Telfair (hopefully) with Brewer on the bench....:cool:

What I don't want to see is us move down in the draft and get a future 2nd round pick or something stupid like that. If we move down it better be because we're getting either a heck of a future pick, a PG, or both.

Mayo + Jordan/McGee/Koufos this year by only giving up a future asset (not our future 1st rounder but Miami's instead) would be a heck of a draft for us.

boeknows
06-03-2008, 01:40 AM
Marion isnt a free agent. He has a player option for next season, and he can decide to opt out and become a free agent. However, since no other team has the cap space to sign him to a bigger salary than he currently has, it's very unlikely that he'll opt out... especially if the Heat offer him a very nice contract extension...

O i didnt realize that. I guess they had always talked that he would probably opt out after the season that i guess it just stuck in my mind that he was a free agent.

WSU Tony
06-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Any new updates as for what our GM is thinking? I'm about ready to praise him for sticking with the 3rd pick and taking Mayo, then again I don't think it's very likely that'll happen. I hope he's just positioning himself with these talks and he's not serious about them.

IowaAJ
06-03-2008, 11:52 AM
I would try and trade Telfair before Gomes because we already have Foye, and McCants. What do you guys think we could get for Telfair and one of our 2nd round picks or both of them.

badkins1121
06-03-2008, 12:00 PM
But for real Marko has to go. I dont mind walker as much, maybe he can teach them a couple things like how not to get fat. But Doleac and Mad Dog and that whole crew needs to go.

Doleac won't be back anyway. He is an unrestricted free agent. We won't resign him.

badkins1121
06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
I would try and trade Telfair before Gomes because we already have Foye, and McCants. What do you guys think we could get for Telfair and one of our 2nd round picks or both of them.

I wouldn't mind trading that to Indiana for the 11th pick or to PHX for the 15th pick.

silverson
06-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Any new updates as for what our GM is thinking? I'm about ready to praise him for sticking with the 3rd pick and taking Mayo, then again I don't think it's very likely that'll happen. I hope he's just positioning himself with these talks and he's not serious about them.

You mean to tell me that this man doesn't learn from his mistakes and he'll try to trade down the pick?

TMAC94
06-04-2008, 08:37 AM
what would you guys want for mccants from houston?

IndiansFan337
06-04-2008, 11:52 AM

I don't think Houston has very many tradeable assets that are available, especially what Minnesota would want to trade away a former 1st round pick.

They'd start by asking for Scola, which would get shot down. Then they'd ask for Battier, which would also get shot down.

So basically they'd need to manufacture a 3 team trade scenario for this to work out.

thesparky33
06-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Yep, what IndiansFan said...

boeknows
06-04-2008, 07:27 PM

How bout the 25th overall pick.

Then we can use that and one of our 2nd rounders to move up to the low teens or very high 20's to pick up our center or someone else.

TMAC94
06-04-2008, 08:38 PM
how about head and 2 round pick :D

thesparky33
06-04-2008, 08:51 PM
How bout the 25th overall pick.

Then we can use that and one of our 2nd rounders to move up to the low teens or very high 20's to pick up our center or someone else.

I wouldnt be against that, but I would only move McCants if we drafted Mayo, and intended to use the resulting other 1st rounder to take a center...

TMAC94
06-04-2008, 08:53 PM
how about head and 1st round pick for mccants and 2nd round pick?

boeknows
06-05-2008, 10:27 AM
how about head and 1st round pick for mccants and 2nd round pick?

No thanks we are getting the worse end of that deal.

WSU Tony
06-05-2008, 10:40 AM
No thanks we are getting the worse end of that deal.

Why? If we can get Mayo this year and have a possible 3 first round picks next year I'd say we are set to build the team however we want. For a re-building team, that's what your looking for more than anything.

timberwolvesfan
06-05-2008, 11:57 AM
I've read a lot of rumors about this year's draft, and I've come up with some interesting ideas. If the Wolves DO take either Mayo or Bayless in the draft, would that mean that Randy Foye would become expendible?

Word is, Miami wants a talented PG to run in the backcourt with Dwyane Wade. I don't think they'll be able to pry Derrick Rose away from Chicago (unless they trade Wade). They could draft Beasley and send him to Minny for Mayo and another player (or some more picks), or, our beloved T'Wolves could draft Mayo (or Bayless) and dangle Randy Foye (and maybe another player) in front of the Heat in exchange the # 2 pick. The T'Wolves would probably use that # 2 on Michael Beasley. This idea begs a few questions:

1. Who is better, Foye Or Mayo?
2. If Mayo is better, he is also younger and less-experienced. Are the Heat impatient enough to make the deal even though they feel Mayo has a larger upside than Foye? Would Randy's 1 1/2 experience in the league be the clincher?
3. Who would the Wolves send in addition to Foye in a deal?

I'm not necessarily saying this would be good/bad for either teams. It's an idea to "stir the pot".

freddylegrande
06-05-2008, 01:25 PM
hmmm interesting. i would like that actually if we could get beasley and mayo for foye and maybe someone like gomes or snyder. it could work out.

stockjj
06-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Mayo is better than Foye. He may be less experienced but Foye really has not gained all that much game experience with being hurt and fighting those demons the whole time.

Miami could take foye but we would probably have to give them the 1st round pick back to them for next year and possibly a second round pick also.

Preuss-is-right
06-05-2008, 03:34 PM
I think everyone is forgetting that the NBA is a far different place than college. To say Mayo is better than Foye is purely speculation.

As far as the draft goes I really dont see why everyone thinks its such a big deal like its do or die time. We have the pieces to win right now. We were almost a 500 team after the break and we were only getting better. I think the Wolves are on the way up regardless of who we draft. I can see positives out of every senerio even if it means ending up with another Felton Spencer or Luc Longley. Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt both of those centers start on their respective teams?

timberwolvesfan
06-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Mayo is better than Foye. He may be less experienced but Foye really has not gained all that much game experience with being hurt and fighting those demons the whole time.

Miami could take foye but we would probably have to give them the 1st round pick back to them for next year and possibly a second round pick also.

I'd have to stop and assess the trade as it is much less give them their pick back. There's no way that Beasley is worth Randy Foye and a first-round draft pick. Isn't that what Philadelphia was asking for Allen Iverson? They wanted Foye and some draft picks...Beasley's got a long way to go until he's as good as Allen Iverson.

Preuss-is-right
06-05-2008, 08:31 PM
I'd have to stop and assess the trade as it is much less give them their pick back. There's no way that Beasley is worth Randy Foye and a first-round draft pick. Isn't that what Philadelphia was asking for Allen Iverson? They wanted Foye and some draft picks...Beasley's got a long way to go until he's as good as Allen Iverson.

How about McCants, Madsen and 2 2nd round picks?

Our 1st round pick and 2 million cash?

boeknows
06-06-2008, 12:19 AM
Why? If we can get Mayo this year and have a possible 3 first round picks next year I'd say we are set to build the team however we want. For a re-building team, that's what your looking for more than anything.

Well if we are trading our 31st overall pick and McCants and only getting Head who wont play for us and only moving up 6 picks i think we would be giving up too much. In essence we would be giving up our 6th man right now and the highest pick in the 2nd round for a low 1st rounder and a guy that wont see time on our team. IMO that we be a bad trade for us.

Where's Ebi?
06-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Robin Lopez, Hibbert, McGee, Spreights and Koufas will all be gone by Houston's 25th pick. Here's a couple of interesting, if not improbable, trade scenarios.

We go after Denver's pick at 20. I read somewhere they want Ty Lawson with that pick.(Don't ask me where). Maybe give them Telfair and a 2nd this year or Boston's 1st next year for the pick.

or

Deal with Golden State. Baron Davis can opt out. I think Monte Ellis, Biedrins, Pietrus and Matt Barnes are all either FA's or RFA's and they have the 14th pick. There's a lot of scenarios with this one. A Foye/M.Ellis or a A.Jefferson/Biedrins combo could look good. The 14th could get us our choice of mid first round centers.

What do you guys think?

freddylegrande
06-06-2008, 11:46 AM
would love ellis or biedrins but dont think we could get them. but we need to try and trade maybe a bench player and our second round picks plus also maybe bostons first rounder next year for a mid teens pick to get a C to go along with jefferson.

Oefarmy2005
06-06-2008, 12:01 PM
I've read a lot of rumors about this year's draft, and I've come up with some interesting ideas. If the Wolves DO take either Mayo or Bayless in the draft, would that mean that Randy Foye would become expendible?

Word is, Miami wants a talented PG to run in the backcourt with Dwyane Wade. I don't think they'll be able to pry Derrick Rose away from Chicago (unless they trade Wade). They could draft Beasley and send him to Minny for Mayo and another player (or some more picks), or, our beloved T'Wolves could draft Mayo (or Bayless) and dangle Randy Foye (and maybe another player) in front of the Heat in exchange the # 2 pick. The T'Wolves would probably use that # 2 on Michael Beasley. This idea begs a few questions:

1. Who is better, Foye Or Mayo?
2. If Mayo is better, he is also younger and less-experienced. Are the Heat impatient enough to make the deal even though they feel Mayo has a larger upside than Foye? Would Randy's 1 1/2 experience in the league be the clincher?
3. Who would the Wolves send in addition to Foye in a deal?

I'm not necessarily saying this would be good/bad for either teams. It's an idea to "stir the pot".

I have already proposed the idea of getting both Mayo and Beasley in this draft. I suggested Foye, Mccants, Heats 1st rounder and their second rounder for the #2 spot, and I said that I personally don't think it's that much if Beasley turnout into the next Melo.