PDA

View Full Version : How many Titles will Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson win together?

dwade3ai3
10-20-2007, 12:50 PM
How many Titles will Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson win together?

TheFuture6
10-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Probably 5 or 6.

DreamShaker
10-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Probably 5 or 6.

I'dd say a bakers dozen...

JordansBulls
10-20-2007, 02:01 PM
They have a great shot at 1 title.

Let's think about it this way.

Houston
San Antonio
Dallas
Phoenix
Boston
Chicago
Denver

If each of those teams stay the same for the next 3-4 years, I think you have a new champion every year. I don't see any superstar player from now and the next 6 years winning more than 2 titles.

So I will be generous and say the Nuggets get 1 title possible. As long as they avoid the Spurs they can come out of the West.

Phoenix and Denver need to avoid San Antonio.
San Antonio needs to avoid Dallas and Houston

Houston needs to avoid Phoenix.

It is a chain of events.

Beno7500
10-20-2007, 02:04 PM
0. they lose in 1st round

Musashi
10-20-2007, 02:15 PM

Boozerguy47
10-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Zero.

Afridi786
10-20-2007, 02:30 PM
They got a pretty solid team all the way around...they are an underachieving bunch.

SATX_2K7
10-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Ambiguiously gay duo FTW! (no homo)

ImmortalD24
10-20-2007, 02:51 PM
They'll have to go through the Spurs, Suns, Houston, Dallas, Utah, and Warriors first.. yes Warriors.

Carmelo won't win a championship as long as Iverson is in his team imo.

lakerboy
10-20-2007, 02:55 PM
They'll have to go through the Spurs, Suns, Houston, Dallas, and Warriors first.. yes Warriors.

Carmelo won't win a championship as long as Iverson is in his team imo.

I disagree. He can win it all with Iverson,.. but not with Kenyon Martin's massive contract. Now they added Nene. If Nene is constantly injured, Nuggets are screwed.

lovingTO
10-20-2007, 02:55 PM

frankgore21
10-20-2007, 03:01 PM
none.

Catfish1314
10-20-2007, 03:03 PM
2 at the most but probably 1 or 0. Chemistry and some better perimeter defense is all that team is missing. They are well coached and loaded with talent.

josh81589
10-20-2007, 03:06 PM
I'dd say a bakers dozen...

I say you and TheFuture6 dont know anything about basketball. no way they win that many. i dont even say they win 1. and there very lucky if they even make it to the WCF

Catfish1314
10-20-2007, 03:11 PM
I say you and TheFuture6 dont know anything about basketball. no way they win that many. i dont even say they win 1. and there very lucky if the even make it to the WCF

I'd say....sense of humor?

josh81589
10-20-2007, 03:15 PM
I'd say....sense of humor?

id say i feel stupid now lol. but i think future was serious

Sixerlover
10-21-2007, 03:23 PM
I say you and TheFuture6 dont know anything about basketball. no way they win that many. i dont even say they win 1. and there very lucky if they even make it to the WCF

id say i feel stupid now lol. but i think future was serious

neither one of them were serious

LAKERMANIA
10-21-2007, 03:27 PM
zero

thesparky33
10-21-2007, 03:44 PM
I think a third player needs to be added IMO to really put them over the top. A big man that can defend and rebound. And I mean someone who can actually play a full season...

Sixerlover
10-21-2007, 03:46 PM
I think a third player needs to be added IMO to really put them over the top. A big man that can defend and rebound. And I mean someone who can actually play a full season...

So that means if Nene and Camby are both healthy all season they'll win the title? Because they are two big men that defend and rebound

Tom81
10-21-2007, 04:05 PM

G-Funk
10-21-2007, 04:09 PM
zero

JayW_1023
10-21-2007, 04:43 PM
If Nene can be a legitimate post threat and if Iverson can be more of a playmaker they have the talent to win it all.

Problem is that George Karl is an emotional coach who can stop fueding with his players or find a cohesive locker room. Smith is the latest in his doghouse.

thesparky33
10-21-2007, 05:35 PM
So that means if Nene and Camby are both healthy all season they'll win the title? Because they are two big men that defend and rebound

I was referring to having Camby be healthy all season, and be as effective as he has when he has been at full strength. If he is, I think they have a shot. Not saying they would be favored at all, just saying that they could do it.

DenButsu
10-21-2007, 09:16 PM
2 at the most but probably 1 or 0. Chemistry and some better perimeter defense is all that team is missing. They are well coached and loaded with talent.

I really don't understand why people are still trying to make the "bad chemistry between AI and Melo" argument. They had good enough chemistry to go 10-1 in April, how much more proof is necessary before people realize that all the "failed chemistry" talk was based on speculation about what would happen after the AI trade, not observations of what actually did happen. Yes, it took some time for things to come together but they did in fact come together.

But I'll give you perimeter defense. :smoking: ... :cry:

Problem is that George Karl is an emotional coach who can stop fueding with his players or find a cohesive locker room. Smith is the latest in his doghouse.

George Karl cannot be blamed for J.R.'s downward spiral. I still feel it was wrong to call him out publicly during the playoffs, but that did not make him crash his car (resulting in his friend's death) or allegedly go on a rampage in a bar the other night, disturbing the peace and apparently assaulting somebody.

But besides Smith acting like a total douchebag, can you find me a single example of ANY problems Denver is having with "finding a cohesive locker room"?

Let me just answer that for you... The answer is "NO" because there aren't any. Except maybe for K-Mart thinking Nene's a bit of a wuss, perhaps.

Oh, and TheFuture6 is always dead serious in all his posts.

Joshtd1
10-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Except maybe for K-Mart thinking Nene's a bit of a wuss, perhaps.

When did he say that?

DenButsu
10-21-2007, 09:28 PM
When did he say that?

I actually don't even know if that's true or not. I think I remember seeing a rumor someplace, though that here Kenyon was coming back off microfracture in both knees and running drills in practice, while Nene was sidelined with a calf strain, not even practicing, and he thought it was kind of wimpy of him or something... I'm not even sure if that's true, and if it is, I'm not sure if he was serious or just kidding around. Because in reality, the Nugs have every reason to be extremely cautious with bringing all their bigs back from injury, given the history.

Basically, my real point was just that, with the possible exception of J.R., everyone's cool with each other in the locker room. There's no drama happening there now, and hasn't been for a long time. But I won't deny that with this particular crew, the potential will always be there. Winning will translate into happiness, though, and so hopefully everyone will be really, really happy. :smoking:

BTW, I voted 1. If they get 1 together, I'll be happy. I think Melo has every possibility to get more than one in his career, but together, before Iverson's window has closed, and given the toughness of the West right now, one is the most realistic hope.

Catfish1314
10-21-2007, 09:29 PM
I really don't understand why people are still trying to make the "bad chemistry between AI and Melo" argument. They had good enough chemistry to go 10-1 in April, how much more proof is necessary before people realize that all the "failed chemistry" talk was based on speculation about what would happen after the AI trade, not observations of what actually did happen. Yes, it took some time for things to come together but they did in fact come together.

But I'll give you perimeter defense. :smoking: ... :cry:

I wasn't talking about bad chemistry between those two. Not even "bad" chemistry with the rest of the team as a whole. But it could be better. In Game 1 against the Spurs, I saw great chemistry. They were defending well and executing perfectly on offense. I didn't see that chemistry in the rest of the nationally televised games I saw. If they can do that for a full 82 game season and carry it into the postseason, they are a very dangerous team.

Joshtd1
10-21-2007, 09:36 PM
I actually don't even know if that's true or not. I think I remember seeing a rumor someplace, though that here Kenyon was coming back off microfracture in both knees and running drills in practice, while Nene was sidelined with a calf strain, not even practicing, and he thought it was kind of wimpy of him or something... I'm not even sure if that's true, and if it is, I'm not sure if he was serious or just kidding around. Because in reality, the Nugs have every reason to be extremely cautious with bringing all their bigs back from injury, given the history.

Basically, my real point was just that, with the possible exception of J.R., everyone's cool with each other in the locker room. There's no drama happening there now, and hasn't been for a long time. But I won't deny that with this particular crew, the potential will always be there. Winning will translate into happiness, though, and so hopefully everyone will be really, really happy. :smoking:

BTW, I voted 1. If they get 1 together, I'll be happy. I think Melo has every possibility to get more than one in his career, but together, before Iverson's window has closed, and given the toughness of the West right now, one is the most realistic hope.

Better hope yall don't run into us in the first round again:p

Oh Den, btw..remember how we were going to have a sig bet for the season series? How about instead of the season series, we do it game by game..the loser has to wear the sig of the winner, for 2 weeks.

DenButsu
10-21-2007, 09:37 PM
I wasn't talking about bad chemistry between those two. Not even "bad" chemistry with the rest of the team as a whole. But it could be better. In Game 1 against the Spurs, I saw great chemistry. They were defending well and executing perfectly on offense. I didn't see that chemistry in the rest of the nationally televised games I saw. If they can do that for a full 82 game season and carry it into the postseason, they are a very dangerous team.

True about the playoffs. I think the main two things that happened there were the total failure of what little bench we had, resulting in zero perimeter shooting threat, and Bruce Bowen doing an excellent defensive job on AI, just smothering him the whole time. Hard to establish something that looks like good chemistry when one of the two most important pieces of the team has effectively been taken out of the equation.

I'm just happy that we're so close now to seeing what will actually happen after all the talk and speculation... Just about a week off now from the regular season :clap:

tranman
10-21-2007, 09:39 PM
They realistically only have 3-4 years to win a title, and the West is so strong. I don't think they can or will win one together. Anthony might one day, but I'm afraid AI will probably end his career without one.

Joshtd1
10-21-2007, 09:52 PM
^^Unless AI wants to go to a contending team for cheap like alot of other players do

Joshtd1
10-21-2007, 09:52 PM
^^^Assuming he doesnt win a ring with the Nuggets that is

Weezy
10-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Im being nice. 0.

DenButsu
10-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Better hope yall don't run into us in the first round again:p

Oh Den, btw..remember how we were going to have a sig bet for the season series? How about instead of the season series, we do it game by game..the loser has to wear the sig of the winner, for 2 weeks.

How about we split it into two "mini season series":

1) Dec 15, Jan 3
2) Mar 7, Mar 10

And if either series is split, total points breaks the tie.

Catfish1314
10-21-2007, 10:29 PM
I wanna make a sig bet... :sad2:

Joshtd1
10-22-2007, 08:23 AM
I wanna make a sig bet... :sad2:

Im down!

Joshtd1
10-22-2007, 08:23 AM
How about we split it into two "mini season series":

1) Dec 15, Jan 3
2) Mar 7, Mar 10

And if either series is split, total points breaks the tie.

Sounds good

stawka
10-22-2007, 08:33 AM
1... IF THAT! Having 2 great players on a team just isn't enough anymore. I would love to see AI win a ring, but i don't know if it's gonna happen. 1 will make me happy - for Iverson's sake

DenButsu
10-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Sounds good

All right, it's official then. :nod:

Fool
10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Zero to one is my guess.

thesparky33
10-22-2007, 04:48 PM
1... IF THAT! Having 2 great players on a team just isn't enough anymore. I would love to see AI win a ring, but i don't know if it's gonna happen. 1 will make me happy - for Iverson's sake

Yeah, I am in favor of having an all no-ring team vs. an all-ring team of the best players of each group. Like during the all-star game or something. It would be interesting. Maybe. Actually, not really... :p

Catfish1314
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Im down!

Yippee. The Kings come close to beating SA every year but we always get screwed. :pity:

Joshtd1
10-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Yippee. The Kings come close to beating SA every year but we always get screwed. :pity:

:nod:

Catfish1314
10-22-2007, 05:07 PM
:nod:

I'm pretty sure all the scores were close last year. One was like 100-98. I can't understand how since we have absolutely no answer for Tim Duncan.

Joshtd1
10-22-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty sure all the scores were close last year. One was like 100-98. I can't understand how since we have absolutely no answer for Tim Duncan.

Some teams just play good against us..take Milwaukee for example as well..they have our number, even though our team is better then them.

JordansBulls
10-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Some teams just play good against us..take Milwaukee for example as well..they have our number, even though our team is better then them.

I'm sure if you guys played them in the finals it would be a blowout. I mean Cleveland won both games in the season against you guys last year and the results in the playoffs were totally different.

T-mac(#1)
10-23-2007, 10:11 PM
sad to say but 0..they just dont have enough piieces to take them all the way..
btw, denbutsu is gonna hate the poll results..but we speak the truth:)

DenButsu
10-23-2007, 11:21 PM
sad to say but 0..they just dont have enough piieces to take them all the way..
btw, denbutsu is gonna hate the poll results..but we speak the truth:)

:laugh2:

I know what you're getting at, but first of all, I actually would have expected the poll results to be even more lopsided towards "NEVER!!!", so 33-13 ain't all that bad.

Besides, what you speak isn't "the truth". It's what you believe the truth to be.

But the truth is that nobody can predict what will happen over the next couple of seasons. Sure, the Nuggets have a lower probability of winning a championship than other teams in the West, I'll give you that, but it's still far greater than zero. Under the right circumstances, I think any of the top 6 teams in the West could conceivably end up in the Finals, and if they get that far then they certainly have a chance to win it all. All it would really take is the right combination of good luck in terms of injuries and matchups, perhaps a bit of bad luck in the way of early round exits and loss of momentum by one or two competing teams, and getting hot at the right moment.

Denver has the potential to be a giant killer if we catch fire at the right time, with all the talent that's on our roster. And we are well overdue for some good fortune.

Bottom line: Anything can happen. I won't be surprised if the Nugs, Jazz or Rockets end up in the WCF, and if they do, from there, who knows?

Joshtd1
10-23-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm sure if you guys played them in the finals it would be a blowout. I mean Cleveland won both games in the season against you guys last year and the results in the playoffs were totally different.

True..but in the reg. season they always play us tough

TheFuture6
10-23-2007, 11:49 PM
I want to known why 7-8 is not a poll option.

DenButsu
10-23-2007, 11:52 PM

Yes. AI will still be able to dunk when he's 40.

Joshtd1
10-23-2007, 11:55 PM

Actually, 7-8 should be the minimum option of titles.

TheFuture6
10-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Yes. AI will still be able to dunk when he's 40.

Plus by then V-Dub will be averaging at least 40 ppg.

TheFuture6
10-23-2007, 11:58 PM
Actually, 7-8 should have the minimum option of titles.

Thats what I was thinking.

Joshtd1
10-24-2007, 12:00 AM
I post in the Nuggets forum and yall dont post in the Spurs forum:pity:

Dont make me go bait in there:D

DenButsu
10-24-2007, 12:08 AM

Go for it dude... I've got my finger on the infraction trigger... :guns:

Nah, I'll drop by sometime.

A little busy right now, though, so I'll do it when I have more time to read through what's there.

TheFuture6
10-24-2007, 12:09 AM

I posted that Tim Duncan article. :shrug:

Joshtd1
10-24-2007, 12:14 AM
I posted that Tim Duncan article. :shrug:

Just one:pity:

Ive made several great contributions to the Nuggets forum:D

Joshtd1
10-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Go for it dude... I've got my finger on the infraction trigger... :guns:

Nah, I'll drop by sometime.

A little busy right now, though, so I'll do it when I have more time to read through what's there.

I think I will make a special thread just for you and TF6:)

DenButsu
10-24-2007, 12:17 AM
I think I will make a special thread just for you and TF6:)

I just made a new - and very interesting - thread for you. :cool:

Seriously, I'll be interested to see the answers.

DenButsu
10-24-2007, 12:19 AM
And future, I'm surprised you haven't chimed in about V-dub's 4-4 3-point (and overall) shooting in the game tonight.

Summer league conventional wisdom was asking, "Yeah, but can he shoot like that against real NBA teams?"

Pre-season CW is answering, "Well, yep, it looks like he pretty much can." :nod:

JayW_1023
10-24-2007, 09:06 AM
The most worrisome issue for Denver is finding a shooter...they had Steve Blake but he went to Portland. And JR Smith continuing to flounder off the court doesn't help matters.

I like how Iverson had deferred to the most polished scorer outside of Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony. The talent is there, the chemistry is what this team should adress.

sunsalltheway03
10-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Zero. It seems like they're missing something. I don't know what it is.

zambo4president
12-05-2007, 01:46 AM
i love carmello but he aint winnin with ai unless they play as a team
allen`s not gettin any younger and has alot of turnovers but is still a great player not the iverson of a few years ago but still great
they need 2 play as a team look at say the warriors last year they have only 1 star and pulled it off cuz they were a team

ink
12-05-2007, 01:53 AM
i love carmello but he aint winnin with ai unless they play as a team
allen`s not gettin any younger and has alot of turnovers but is still a great player not the iverson of a few years ago but still great
they need 2 play as a team look at say the warriors last year they have only 1 star and pulled it off cuz they were a team

Don't bump the old threads OK? This one's from October ...

dnnug
12-05-2007, 03:04 AM
actually i think that Jr has been pretty impressive this season thus far. I can just see his determination in his play this season. he's really made an effort on the defensive end to help the team out more.

the other issue poster have brought up his K-marts health. if you can use the nuggets last game vs the heat as any indication i say he's progressing nicely this season.

now with that being said we are still not at full strength yet and won't be for a while. so it is hard for me to say exactly what the nuggets have this season.now i believe that this may be the most talented team to wear a nuggets jersey and could be the best chance for us to advance past the first round.

so I am going to say that Melo and AI will win one ring together.

kgceltics
12-05-2007, 11:05 AM
I say 0 because they have to deal with Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio and Utah. I am not sure they could beat Houston.

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Injuries, No defense, Chemistry, and Karl hold this team from achieving their goals.

PS: Wow, I just revived an old thread.

My bad :D

infamous
07-08-2008, 10:33 AM
0, sorry.:D

MiamiHeat
07-08-2008, 10:45 AM

marques724
07-08-2008, 10:46 AM

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 10:49 AM

Hater. I can tell you dislike AI just for what I said about Dwyane "Jesus Christ" Wade.

That's messed up.

:D

Ragun
07-08-2008, 10:50 AM
1 or 0. Iverson is getting up there in age.

lakers4sho
07-08-2008, 10:55 AM

I think he was just kidding.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 11:16 AM
0. They have no chemistry and the Western Conference is too good.

chicagowhitesox
07-08-2008, 12:40 PM
None.

sanfranfan1210
07-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Maybe one if lucky

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 12:50 PM
I say they will win atleast one, but that's it.

QuaLiThADoN
07-08-2008, 12:59 PM
they won't win one

superkegger
07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I got scared there for a second, i thought dwade3ai3 was actually back, and not under his other account of gasolis#1option

kbrill21
07-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Lets see...... Zero...Zip...Zilch...None.

bartlett2266
07-08-2008, 01:23 PM

Goon.Weezy
07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
NONE....NADA........ZERO
Carmello is ****ttttttt
iverson is past his prime

kbrill21
07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Iverson may walk next season, and Melo was almost traded this year so if they don't win it this season then they never will.

Dirty Dirk41
07-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Melo/A.I winning a title isnt even about them....Its getting PLAYERS around them, its getting the WHOLE team to play some defensive..even mediocre defense...i dont think these 2 will have any championships while there teammates in denver

8kobe24
07-08-2008, 04:10 PM
AI/Melo and Co. needs to learn how to play defense before they even start thinking about championships.

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Wow if they get lucky or start playing D.

DenButsu
07-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Iverson may walk next season, and Melo was almost traded this year so if they don't win it this season then they never will.

If by "almost traded" you mean that Detroit called Denver pitching Billups and Prince for Melo, and Denver said NO (countering w/ AI instead), and then gave Melo a verbal promise that he won't be traded this offseason, then uh, yeah, Melo was "almost traded"........... :rolleyes:

THE_FLASH_21
07-08-2008, 07:15 PM
0 .. and that sucks.. Cuz A.I deserves at least one

LakerzDQ
07-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Nuggets might improve next year, maybe, maybe not.

dre1990
07-08-2008, 11:34 PM
they have potential so ill say one...... but if they dont improve they will eat ****

crew158
07-08-2008, 11:40 PM
I guess we have 18 die hard Nuggets fans in here.

crew158
07-08-2008, 11:42 PM
The only way Nugets ever get close to a WCFs is to trade one or the other

DenButsu
07-08-2008, 11:48 PM
I guess we have 18 die hard Nuggets fans in here.

There are 6 names of "1" voters who I'm absolutely sure are not dyed-in-the-wool Nuggets fans, and at least 3-4 more who I don't recognize at all as having ever posted in the Nuggets forum, so I'm pretty sure that half or more than half of the people who voted for "1" did so objectively.

And anyways, just because people think it's possible, doesn't make them Nuggets fans.

It just means that, unlike you, they're not haters.

lebron:i suck
07-09-2008, 12:09 AM
uhh u guys forgetting the lakers too
west champions?

pimpunleashed
07-09-2008, 12:13 AM
0 iverson is out after this season...

SHONIE
07-09-2008, 12:59 AM
None together.

SwaggaIke
07-09-2008, 07:56 AM
None. A.I is coming back to the East next year when his contract is up. He's gonna come back at a bargain price, to a legit contender. I bet it.

theimortalone
07-09-2008, 08:08 AM
None; 0; Zilch!!! Will never happen especially since they cant even beat the Lakers in one game in the playoffs!