PDA

View Full Version : Brewers Retro Logo

Fat_Lenny
03-27-2005, 12:13 PM
To All Baseball Fan's:

Hi:) I made a website dedicated to bringing back one of the best logo's in all of sports. The Milwaukee Brewers Glove and Ball Logo. This is definatly one of the most creative logo's ever.

Imagine if the Green Bay Packers changed their logo from the "G" to a "P" or if the New York Yankee's put a Yankee on their hats instead of the classic NY... Wouldn't be a good idea would it?? This is exactly how thousands of Milwaukee Brewers fans feel about the Old Brewers Glove & Ball logo.

The Glove & Ball logo has to be one of the most creative logo's in all of sports, if you look at this logo close you will see that the Glove & Ball form the "m" and "b" of the Milwauke Brewers.

My question is, would you please take a minute of your time to sign my petition to bring back the Milwauke Brewers Glove & Ball logo?? and maybe help spread the word:) thanks!

www.brewcrew.biz.ly

On the players' caps.

"I'm with you," said Brewers manager Ned Yost, who proudly wore the hat as a member of Harvey's Wallbangers. "I like the logo. It wouldn't bother me if they changed back to it. I'm like everybody else. I'd love the hats."

www.brewcrew.biz.ly

Baseball is built on tradition and we need to bring some of baseball's tradition back.

www.brewcrew.biz.ly

dragonslayer598
03-27-2005, 01:49 PM
ehh sorry but I think that the 1 they have now is a little bit better

rohan
03-27-2005, 02:01 PM
The old bat and glove logo was tight. But I doubt they'd bring it back just because of a petition.

YanksFan4Life
03-27-2005, 04:29 PM
The old bat and glove logo was tight. But I doubt they'd bring it back just because of a petition.

True, but I have always been a fan of the Retro Logos. Personally, I still love the ol' Mariner's M logo, the Astros Orange Thingy etc, the Brewer's Glove and Ball, etc. While I don't know if I agree about your sentiment that "its bringing back some of baseball's tradition", I agree that I would like to see the old logos back. Perhaps by the Brewers changing, others would as well...

ari1013
03-27-2005, 05:50 PM
I never noticed the m and b in there. Good eye.

YanksFan4Life
03-27-2005, 09:03 PM
I never noticed the m and b in there. Good eye.

Holy God, neither did I.

bleedpinstripes
03-27-2005, 11:18 PM
LOL; I never noticed that either...when I was first reading this thread
i was thinking to myself "Is he talking about that stupid glove?" But now that I look at it and notice the "M" and the "B" it is a pretty sweet logo.

Sandman
03-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Are you guys that bored up in Milwaukee?

Cripes, they need to start winning games before the fans start going senile.

chicagocard
03-27-2005, 11:28 PM
the old brewers logo is classic. the expos logo was similar in that the tri-colored 'm' could be broken down. does anyone remember what the letters stood for? there is definitely an red e at the front for expos and a blue b for baseball, but I forgot what the white letter stood for...maybe french or something.

YanksFan4Life
03-28-2005, 03:25 AM
the old brewers logo is classic. the expos logo was similar in that the tri-colored 'm' could be broken down. does anyone remember what the letters stood for? there is definitely an red e at the front for expos and a blue b for baseball, but I forgot what the white letter stood for...maybe french or something.

A common misconception is to think of those letters as ELB. I can see how someone would do that, but its just supposed to be e at the beging for expos, b at the end for baseball, and the whole thing is an M for Montreal.

Get it?

Montreal Expos Baseball

AARONDISNEY
03-28-2005, 09:26 PM
I made a website dedicated to bringing back one of the best logo's in all of sports. The Milwaukee Brewers Glove and Ball Logo. This is definatly one of the most creative logo's ever.

www.brewcrew.biz.ly

I liked the old logo but they should keep the new darker blue color. that weird blue and yellow wasn't too cool.

the_Fett
03-29-2005, 02:44 PM
I am so with you man. I am not a BRewers fan, but I have a throwback hat. It's my softball hat, I love that stinkin logo. I signed, and I'm with you.

ManUnited
03-29-2005, 04:09 PM
M and B. nice logo. and like everyone else i thought it was just a glove and a baseball.

YanksFan4Life
03-30-2005, 02:25 AM
I liked the old logo but they should keep the new darker blue color. that weird blue and yellow wasn't too cool.

Yeah, those colors made some pretty nasty looking uniforms, and not in the good way.

Neely
07-19-2008, 09:07 PM
I never noticed how the ball and glove formed the "M" and "B" either. Good eye indeed.

PhillyLuver
07-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Holy crap... 3 years old?

JHG722
07-19-2008, 09:22 PM
I never noticed how the ball and glove formed the "M" and "B" either. Good eye indeed.

Are you serious dude?

brewersfan729
07-19-2008, 09:23 PM
The Brewers already live in the past enough. The last thing they need to do is bring back that stupid logo fulltime.

Neely
07-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Are you serious dude?

Dude, I'm like serious. I have a hard time finding my light switch to get up to pee in the night let alone finding Waldo.

JHG722
07-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Dude, I'm like serious. I have a hard time finding my light switch to get up to pee in the night let alone finding Waldo.

I meant the fact that you bumped a three year old thread...

Neely
07-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Ahh, sorry. I was just searching other "uniform" threads and had to comment on this one because of the "M" and "B" that I had never noticed before. I will try to un-bump it if I can figure out how to do so.