PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Grant

XJW18
09-28-2007, 02:56 AM
ok so ryan grant got the ball 3 times last week and ran for 10 yards he also caught a pass against the giants and ran for 21 yards.
do any of you think that he could bump his way up in the roster anytime soon
because i thnk his size is great 6'1, 218 pounds.
and he looks like he could be good being like the number 2 guy or maybe even the starter. i would like to see him get more reps.
he might be what we want in the back field.
tell me what you guys think.

nun nun nunnunnunun
GO PACK GO!!!

SDPackFan23
09-28-2007, 02:58 AM
I think he will see more action as he gets used to the offense and learns more plays. I do not see him as a feature back but he could be effective in a situational role.

ValuePick
09-28-2007, 09:03 AM
I don't know a lot about him, but I could see him being a Tony Fisher type guy at best.

SDteacher
09-28-2007, 09:10 AM
I disagree, I think he has much more upside than Fisher. Grant has good hands and is much faster than Fisher was. I thought he looked really good in the SD game. He appears to be quite explosive and is a one cut type runner, what we need in zone blocking. I know his first run was for something like 6 yards, then 3, then 1. All are not bad runs. I think he has a lot of potential, I think he has more talent (from what I've seen) then Jackson. To me Morency has proved himself to me, I liked him a lot last year and thought he did a good job when he was given a chance. I really hope MO gets a few carries and Grant gets a chance. I really think he has earned his chance as Wynn did last week.

PackerFanatic
09-28-2007, 10:38 AM
I don't know a lot about him, but I could see him being a Tony Fisher type guy at best.

That is kind of how I thought of him too. Let him get some more time in the offense and get used to things, that running back situation is so screwy anyways, who knows what will happen - especially when V-Mo gets back.

socalpkrbkr
09-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Who really knows about this guy. We cant have any clue really based on three carries. Hopefully he can get the rock a little bit more this week. Only time will tell.

meandering
09-28-2007, 03:49 PM
My feeling is that the Packers, as an orginization, did their homework on this. After all, he was tradeed for a draft pick - after making the Giants roster. I understand it wasn't a high draft pick but, we know how TT likes his picks!

It is a matter of him picking things up and being in the right situation......clearly playing against Minnesota will not ensure him a lot of carries. He may be involved in the passing game again.
My understanding is he played college ball with CarlisleHoliday, as the coaching staff approached Holiday prior to the trade.

XJW18
08-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Wow!!!!!
What A Call I Made Huh Guys!!!!

Right On The Money!!!!

Shwing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap:

robdizzle3
08-26-2008, 05:12 AM
If this was Around The Horn you would be deducted a few points for bragging lol.But you did call it

hughest4
08-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Honestly, good for you. But seriously was there a need to bump a year old thread just to say this. At that point of the season last year our running game was giving us no production so when you saw a flash from Grant like we did its going to get you thinking. I was thinking the same thing as i saw him catch and run for those 21 yards while sitting 50-60 feet away from him at Giants Stadium.

If you would have supported him from the beginning i would give you more respect but....

wali lundy would be such a great pickup
i mean he is better than herron and could challenge for the 2nd spot on th RB roster.
but they get some uknown guy
I HATE TT

XJW18
08-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Honestly, good for you. But seriously was there a need to bump a year old thread just to say this. At that point of the season last year our running game was giving us no production so when you saw a flash from Grant like we did its going to get you thinking. I was thinking the same thing as i saw him catch and run for those 21 yards while sitting 50-60 feet away from him at Giants Stadium.

If you would have supported him from the beginning i would give you more respect but....

What do u mean from the Beginning??
at that point it was the beginning!!

socalpkrbkr
08-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Lock it up:cool:
I would give you props if you said he was going to light it up and he should be the starter. Not like you predicted the future or anything.

XJW18
08-26-2008, 05:43 PM
lol
ok i got what u guys are sayiing..

i was just saying JEEZ
dont get all assholian on me!!

ya u could lock it up.

hughest4
08-26-2008, 07:25 PM
When i say from the beginning i mean when we initially traded from him. You said you would have rather had Wali Lundy. Anyway sorry for the "assholian" post. I was pissed off this morning because there were guys cutting down tree limbs outside of my house and dropped one on my car

socalpkrbkr
08-26-2008, 07:31 PM
When i say from the beginning i mean when we initially traded from him. You said you would have rather had Wali Lundy. Anyway sorry for the "assholian" post. I was pissed off this morning because there were guys cutting down tree limbs outside of my house and dropped one on my car

:mad:WTF! You got their info? That sucks man. The "cutting down tree limbs outside of my house" is enough. The car part sends it to a new level.

hughest4
08-26-2008, 07:35 PM
:mad:WTF! You got their info? That sucks man. The "cutting down tree limbs outside of my house" is enough. The car part sends it to a new level.

Luckily there was no real damage to the car because the branch wasn't really that big. The realized to wake us up before anything worse happened. It was people that were working for my town and they needed to cut it down because it was to close to the wires or something. Just more of an annoyance to be woken up at 7 am

WSUJJ
08-26-2008, 08:45 PM
is this Ryan grant our starting RB?