PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Islanders Forum

BoyGenius
08-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Guests Sign up HERE (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/register.php)

Welcome, to the new NHL Forums on PSD, please introduce yourself to the rest of us and enjoy your stay on PSD.

1. Location-

2. Favorite Current Islander-

3. Favorite Former Islander-

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for?

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?

6. Anything else you care to share?

MetsFan19
08-20-2007, 12:08 AM
1. Location- Long Island, New York

2. Favorite Current Islander- Guerin or DiPi

3. Favorite Former Islander- Palfy back in the 90's

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for?- none

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?- Baseball Mets, Football Jets

6. Anything else you care to share?- well ive lived on LI my whole life..i have a myspace...message me if you wana check that out...umm the collisuem sucks...and LETS GO ISLANDERS !!!!

MJIDieHard
10-05-2007, 01:53 AM
1. Location- Orlando, Florida

2. Favorite Current Islander- Shawn Bates, (was blake)

3. Favorite Former Islander- Jason Blake or Bob Nystrom (wasnt alive but he represents what I dream for)

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? Anyone playing the Rangers, for the most part.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Baseball (Mets Diehard) Football (Jets Diehard)

6. Anything else you care to share? Im 18, lived in Long Island until i was 13, and im a Freshman at the University of Central Florida. Go Knights!

BayRidgeHodges
02-20-2008, 12:14 AM
Location- Brooklyn, NY
Favorite Current Isle- DiPi
Favorite Former Isle- Billy Smith
Other NHL teams- Bruins, and I kinda get into the Flames-Oilers rivalry, but I don't take a side
Other Sports/Teams- All 4 major US sports- Mets and Red Sox, Giants and Pats, Celtics and Nets if and when they move to Brooklyn. I got a lot of family from Boston, so I root for those teams, but my primary loyalty is to my NY teams.

vipers621
02-26-2008, 12:09 AM
1. Location- Westchester, New York

2. Favorite Current Islander- Rick DiPietro

3. Favorite Former Islander- Ziggy Palffy

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? None! Lets go Isles!

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? NY Jets, NY Yankees, NY Knicks?

marco193
06-23-2008, 12:55 PM
1. North Carolina via New Jersey
2.Richard Park
3.Billy Smith
4.Why bother?
5.Also:Vikings-Dodgers-Knicks-Nebraska FB-Duke Hoops

ChrisAnchors
06-23-2008, 01:07 PM
1. Location- New Jersey

2. Favorite Current Islander- DP and Bergenheim

3. Favorite Former Islander- Gary Howatt

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? I pull for the LA Kings as my west coast team.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Jets, Yanks, Knicks

NDMets57
06-26-2008, 05:01 PM
1. Location- CT

2. Favorite Current Islander- DiPietro

3. Favorite Former Islander- Peca

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? Anyone playing the Rangers?

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Mets Rams ND football Uconn Basketball

6. Anything else you care to share? nope

tsunami
03-01-2009, 10:53 PM
1. Location- Texas

2. Favorite Current Islander- dipietro, okposo

3. Favorite Former Islander- brent sutter

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? vancouver

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? MLB (mets), NFL (jets)

kmo429
09-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Never did this...

1. Location- Long Island

2. Favorite Current Islanders- Okposo, DiPietro...

3. Favorite Former islanders- Chris Osgood and Jason Blake

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? None

5. Other sports you enjoy? Mets, Jets, and Knicks

kmo429
11-03-2009, 09:49 PM
if you havent signed up yet do it!!!!!

Titan_Fan
11-04-2009, 12:55 AM
1. Location- Florida

2. Favorite Current Islander-Moulson

3. Favorite Former Islander-Dennis Potvin

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? MLB -Mets; NFL - Jets

6. Anything else you care to share? Born, bred and raised in New York area... work forced me to leave

kmo429
11-04-2009, 12:57 AM
1. Location- Florida

2. Favorite Current Islander-Moulson

3. Favorite Former Islander-Dennis Potvin

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? MLB -Mets; NFL - Jets

6. Anything else you care to share? Born, bred and raised in New York area... work forced me to leave

Welcome to the Islanders forum!

Endy10
11-25-2009, 10:58 AM
1. Location-Austin, TX (from LI going to school there)

2. Favorite Current Islander- Streit maybe Bailey or JT, no real favorite

3. Favorite Former Islander-Marc-Andre Bergeron

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Football (Giants) Baseball (Mets) Texas Longhorns

6. Anything else you care to share? Colt McCoy for Heisman

glorydays22
12-31-2009, 11:32 PM
1. Location- Pleasantville, New York

2. Favorite Current Islander- Okposo

3. Favorite Former Islander- wow, a lot..but Bossy, Trotts, Webb

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for?- none

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?- Baseball Mets, Football Jets

6. Anything else you care to share?- Diehard Islander fan, just praying the team does not move.

kmo429
12-31-2009, 11:42 PM
Welcome to the forum of the greatest franchise in professional sports!

Hutch2323
06-26-2010, 03:11 PM
1. Location- Newfoundland, Canada

2. Favorite Current Islander- John Tavares

3. Favorite Former Islander- Mike Bossy

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? None really.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Basketball (Raptors), Baseball (Blue Jays), and Football (Giants)

6. Anything else you care to share? The future is bright on Long Island (hopefully we stay there)

kmo429
10-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Now that the NHL season is underway, it's a great opportunity for all our beloved gusts to sign up and contribute to the up and coming Isles forum! Join the discussion!

BrianWestKins
01-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Hey, long time Islander fan here, been shadowing this forum for a little while and finally decided to make my presence felt. I plan on checking in and posting here relatively frequently, so the 2 other guys that post here can have someone to talk to :)

tsunami
01-02-2011, 01:26 AM
hey kmo... i think he might be talking about us.

welcome brian and feel free to join in.

kmo429
01-02-2011, 01:31 AM
hey kmo... i think he might be talking about us.

welcome brian and feel free to join in.

:cheers:

Dont forget bout Titan nd Beltran and the other "once in a blue moon" posters!

Welcome Brian, hopefully you can become a key contributor to the Isles forum!

TRUTH-TELLER
02-06-2011, 10:04 AM
1. Location- ozone park queens

2. Favorite Current Islander-none

3. Favorite Former Islander-bossy

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? none but i follow the devils,oilers, and used to love the whalers.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? raiders/yankees/knicks

6. Anything else you care to share? not a big hockey fan but like to follow the isles

kmo429
02-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Welcome man, if you stick around here I'm sure you'll become a big hockey fan! :D lol

tsunami
02-06-2011, 12:30 PM
...and maybe we can find you a current favorite islander.

BrianWestKins
02-06-2011, 06:32 PM
1. Location- ozone park queens

2. Favorite Current Islander-none

3. Favorite Former Islander-bossy

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? none but i follow the devils,oilers, and used to love the whalers.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? raiders/yankees/knicks

6. Anything else you care to share? not a big hockey fan but like to follow the isles

:laugh2:

DannyFormo
07-30-2011, 03:37 PM
hey. just though i'd fill this out since i will most likely joining in on the convo on the islanders forum from now on:)

1. Location- Ridge New York (Suffolk County)

2. Favorite Current Islander- McDonald and Poulin

3. Favorite Former Islander- Bossy

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? Ducks

5. Other sports you enjoy? Lacrosse and Soccer, occasionally football
What other sporting teams do you root for? New York Giants, Syracuse Lacrosse, Team Usa

17 years old (birthday 8/2/93)

played lacrosse in high school and soccer until i realized i didnt care much for it.

attending dowling next year and then transfering to either oneonta stony brook or manhanntan college

Hockey Opinions
Best player : crosby
best goalie: Miller
Best Defensemen: Chara
Favorite Player: Rob Sceduri of the Kings

Least Favorite Team : although im an islander fan i cant say the rangers because if they were to leave the league id miss them, its a love hate thing with a rival always ya know? so my least favorite is the Canucks
Least Favorite Players: Sedin twins

looking foward to talking to you guys haha

beltran15mets
07-30-2011, 04:26 PM
^welcome to the isles forum!!! Too bad you were born 8/2 because 1 day earlier you could have voted yes!

DannyFormo
07-30-2011, 04:36 PM
im from suffolk haha

GGGGG-Men
11-23-2011, 10:59 PM
1. Location- Los Angeles, formerly San Diego, formerly Queens, formerly Albany for school and born and raised in Seaford, Long Island

2. Favorite Current Islander- Tavares/Grabner

3. Favorite Former Islander- Always liked watching Ziggy and Peca, but Bates is my favorite for 1 reason (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EnQ262BIWk)

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for?

This is gonna sound lame, but I have 2 favorite teams, Isles and Wings. When I was a kid I was more into baseball (can't stand it now) and the reason I got into watching hockey was seeing Yzerman play one night. After that started watching more Red Wing games. Since I was 20 min from the Coliseum (and the Isles sucked so tickets were cheap) I'd go to Isles games A LOT and they've always been my hometown favorite team. I have gear for both teams, I root for both, I stream their games simultaneously....whatever, love 'em both.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?

NY Giants all day every day (not a Jets hater, root for them too, just not the same). Love the Mets and follow them, but tired of baseball.

:censored: Mike Milbury
I honestly don't think there's an individual in professional sports that I hate more than that guy.

NYMetropolitans
05-26-2012, 08:15 PM
1. Location- East Lansing, MI but home is Long Island

2. Favorite Current Islander- Don't know yet!

3. Favorite Former Islander- Don't know yet!

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? None. Considered rooting for the Devils because I really don't like the Rangers but I can't leave my hometown team hanging! Have always said if I started to follow hockey I'd almost definitely be an Isles fan.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Mets, Jets, Knicks, and MSU Spartans

6. Anything else you care to share? A new hockey fan with a lot to learn got into it a little bit this postseason and even went to a Rangers-Capitals game (free ticket) I liked the atmosphere for sure but it didn't feel quite right...I bleed orange and blue and green and white...why on earth would I want to throw red in there to mess it up?!? Go Islanders and hope to learn a lot this upcoming season and attend my first Islanders game (the Ranger game was my first NHL game ever)

kmo429
05-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Welcome! If you stick around Im sure youll learne verythign you need to know abotu hockey in nto too much time. Were all pretty active in the isles forum, and theres always stuff to talk about. Glad youre remaining true to the orange and blue!

tsunami
05-26-2012, 09:52 PM
welcome NYMetropolitans!
glad you're here and hope you post often. this might be the perfect time to start watching this young team rise.

NYMetropolitans
05-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Thanks for welcome guys! Looking forward to next season.

DannyFormo
05-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Welcome sir hope you stay active

beltran15mets
05-27-2012, 07:59 PM
great time to start following the islanders.. compare us to the nationals, clippers or lions.. lots of young talent and were about to break out!!

KingsnQueens7
06-04-2012, 04:05 PM
1. Location- Aurora, Colorado - orginally from Queens, NY

2. Favorite Current Islander- Michael Grabner

3. Favorite Former Islander- Darius Kasparaitis (sad when he went to the pengs :cry:

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? The Avalanche I guess... Don't watch them that much, only really pay attention to the Isles.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? New York Mets, Jets, and Knicks.

6. Anything else you care to share? Nope.

kmo429
06-04-2012, 05:12 PM
^Welcome (officially) lol. ┴ouve been around here but we look forward to havign you in the discussion during the offseason and season. :cheers:

Daaaarryyl
08-02-2013, 09:32 PM
My story:

Always a huge Mets, Knicks, Jets fan. Also a St. John's Red Storm fan.

Summer of '94 me and two of my best friends from HS had been working at the same place. After work we'd either go to one of our houses and drink beer or go to the school yard and drink beer LOL. All three of us where big Knick fans and their playoff run was great. But they were also big hockey fans, one a Rangers fan and the other a Devils fan while I couldn't care less about the sport.

I enjoyed watching the two of them fight/argue all through the ECF that year and the games really where great. Obviously NY beat NJ and went on to win cup. After both the NBA and NHL seasons where over I admitted to the both of them that I enjoyed the game more than I thought I would and would be interested in watching more Big question was which team would I root for....

I've always been someone who despised the bandwagon jumper. At the time many of my Mets fan friends switched over to the Yankees and far too many people where on Jordan's d***. So there was NO CHANCE I was gonna all of a sudden become a Rangers fan. I would be a huge hypocrite if I did. Otherwise I most likely was gonna be a Rangers fan one way or another if I ended up enjoying the NHL.

Devils? Not happening. No offense to NJ but I'm a New Yorker born and raised and besides it would sort of be a bandwagon move since they where a top team. All of a sudden I thought of the Islanders. I thought: Hold it, I lived on LI with my girl for a little while and hell my grandparents lived on the Island. I'm not a Long Islander but I could see this. Yeah, I can root for them. OK, I'm an Islanders fan!

First few years I followed them the big narrative was 4 young defenseman with big time potential (forget the names) and a stud goal scorer in ziggy Palfy.

The next few years I think I followed the ownership and coliseum situation more than anything and I'll never forget the unbelievable story of John Spano, the guy who practically tried to buy the team with monopoly money, ugh...

Probably the only time I really got into the team (prior to this season) was the year they brought in Yashin and Peca although I remember being PO'd that they traded Luongo (who sounded like he had a higher upside than Depietro and certainly had a higher floor). The 1st round series against Toronto was EPIC. Everyone around me knew I was a huge sports fan but they never saw me yelling and banging on my table over a hockey game. That was a first.

By the time Peca returned from the injury and Yashin was having a fall out with everyone and they gave Dipietro like a 90 year extension I started to watch less and less hoping the entire situation would eventually improve either with or without Wang and with them getting out of that HORRID situation with SMG (what was the name of the company that held the colisium rights, SMG right? )

Last year's playoff series was incredible and can't wait for the begining of the '13-'14 season. Oh, and Brooklyn sounds enormous for the franchise!! As someone who used to travel from Bayshore to Brooklyn many years ago I know it isn't that bad of a trek. And if you're closer to the city than say, that Bayshore/Amityville/Babylon area it's not a long trek at all.

Sorry for the long post.

LGI!!

tsunami
08-03-2013, 01:16 AM
First few years I followed them the big narrative was 4 young defenseman with big time potential (forget the names) and a stud goal scorer in ziggy palfy

Last year's playoff series was incredible and can't wait for the begining of the '13-'14 season.

McCabe, Redden, Chara, Brewer.

October can't get here fast enough.

KingsnQueens7
08-03-2013, 05:12 AM
Welcome Daryl and we are all chill guys here who love the Islanders. I enjoyed the little read, and yeah things have been rough over the years but we finally got a team again centered around Tavares.

kmo429
08-06-2013, 02:26 AM
Awesome to have you aboard Daryl. LETS GO ISLES

GGGGG-Men
04-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Don't get on PSD much these days, except for the Giants forum......what the hell happened in here? DEAD.

jgthegame1982
04-08-2015, 04:01 PM
Don't get on PSD much these days, except for the Giants forum......what the hell happened in here? DEAD.

Agreed.. It's embarrassing.. Almost as bad as the game last night..
Let's go!!

puckhead54
04-09-2015, 11:07 AM
welcome! If you stick around im sure youll learne verythign you need to know abotu hockey in nto too much time. Were all pretty active in the isles forum, and theres always stuff to talk about. Glad youre remaining true to the orange and blue!

huh? Active?:laugh:

xxplayerxx23
04-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Yeah it's sad. We need more activity here esp since we are a playoff team

KingsnQueens7
04-14-2015, 06:09 PM
I am done posting in here until Capuano gets fired

puckhead54
04-28-2015, 09:51 AM
BYE BYE:sad2:

KingsnQueens7
06-01-2015, 06:28 PM