PDA

View Full Version : Mvp

metsfreak
03-12-2004, 04:29 AM
Is it safe to say that Kevin Garnett is the run away winner this year?

IndiansFan337
03-14-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm going to break it down & eliminate the candidates on your list.
- Yao Ming just hasn't done enough & he's been inconsitent all season.
- Iverson has missed way too many games & his team has played better without him than with him, which is never a good thing. They're not even on pace to make the playoffs in the East, that knocks him out.
- T-Mac won't win it because his team has 1 of the 3 worst records in the NBA & it just seems to me that he has gotten lazy & doesn't wanna work to take the ball inside. He has been settling for way too many 3 pointers & it's killing his shooting %. He is a great all around player & he complains that he has no support, but if you look at their team they should have definitely been in the playoff race. T-Mac, Drew Gooden, & Juwan Howard are all great players whose egos have continued to make it impossible for them to play together. Bogans isn't a bad option at SF either. T-Mac is the reason this team did not succeed this year.
- Carmelo's team is falling apart & he isn't much of a leader on their team. Andre Miller & Marcus Camby are the biggest reason for this team's turnaround.
- There's no way Kobe or Shaq can get it because they have the most talented team in the league but they just can not play together. They should never lose, but they care more about themselves than winning & that is why GP is starting to complain now. Both of these players are good enough to be an MVP, but they hurt each others chances by being on the same team & by underachieving.
- LeBron won't be MVP because he's a rookie & his team started horribly. They've won 9 of 11 & just beat the team with the best record in the NBA, Indiana. But he has support with Boozer top 4 in the league in rebounding & Z has been tearing it up recently. Many people that don't follow the Cavs think Lebron is the whole team, but that's absolutely not true. To tell you the truth I think Carlos Boozer is their team MVP.
- It's down to Tim Duncan, KG & Peja who almost certainly will be the top 3 candidates.
- Whoever made this pole made a HUGE mistake. How in the world is the best player on the team with the best record in the NBA, Jermaine O'Neal, not on this list??? He's a top 5 candidate in my book.
- Anyways, Peja has a much better supporting cast than KG & Duncan which hurts him. His stats are also not as eye popping, but his scoring average & leading the Kings to the best record in the West is the reason he's here. But since the MVP usually goes to a player with great overall numbers, not the best player on the best team, Peja's out.
- Duncan is much more important to his team, but his stats are nowhere near KG's. Duncan also has missed a few games & I don't think KG has missed any yet. So if you consider MVP the most valuable player to his team then I'd give it to Duncan because his supporting cast is much worse than KG's. If you think the MVP should be the player with the best all-around stats then KG should get it.

- I think Duncan should get it again, but I'm 90% sure that KG already has it won. It really doesn't matter, but I definitely can see the Spurs upsetting the Wolves if they face off in the palyoffs((if Duncan is healthy).

metsfreak
03-18-2004, 02:50 AM
me forgetting O'neal was a HUGE mistake, my bad. I'm so used to the usuals suspects I guess and take it easy on Melo he is the reason the Denver Nuggets are even in contentio out west

Musiq
03-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Where's jermaine O'neal?

It's probably unlikely that shaq,kobe, stojakovic or any other player thats on a team with lot of talent to win the MVP. That being said should Garnett still win MVP? If T-Dunc can play out these last few games, who knows? C'mon Lebron & Carmello? They shouldn't be MVP canidates...

metsfreak
03-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Lebron and Carmelo shouldn't be candidates? Why? they've made both of their teams from pretenders into contenders, even if they are rookies they have to be considered.

Musiq
03-26-2004, 11:17 AM
In the offseason Denver did add quality players and Cleveland already had Boozer & illgauskas.

steelcityroller
03-28-2004, 03:16 AM
Lebron and Melo did lead their teams to turnarounds but they shouldn't be considered for the MVP yet. I think that if KG doesn't win the MVP someone should be slapped. He deserves this not just for this year but for his career.

Musiq
03-28-2004, 10:43 AM
If not KG, i would pick J''Oneal, even though the Pacer's are still winning without him. The other guys on this poll aren't legit MVP's, T-Mac is just a scorer, same thing for peja, and A.I. Yao Ming is an MVP canidate, but his numbers aren't as good as K.G, JOneal or Tim Duncan

Raps08-09 Champ
01-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Lol Imma bump the 1st ever thread started

lakers4sho
01-31-2009, 02:36 PM
dude what's wrong with you?? :laugh2:

Raps08-09 Champ
01-31-2009, 02:38 PM
dude what's wrong with you?? :laugh2:

iunno just for fun

lakers4sho
01-31-2009, 02:38 PM
I voted for Kobe. Poor guy didn't have any votes.

Missing56&33
01-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Lebron

Raps08-09 Champ
01-31-2009, 02:41 PM
lol you people are actually voting

cambovenzi
01-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Lol Imma bump the 1st ever thread started

seriously, stop bumping old threads for no reason.

dre1990
01-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Chauncey Billups

JordansBulls
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Stop bumping these old threads.