PDA

View Full Version : Who's your teams best prospects?

Cadaverdoggs
07-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Give me your favorite club and tell me who your best pitching and fielding prospects are, and when your team projects them being called up full time.

For example i'm obviously a Red Sox fan, our 2 top prospects are Pitcher Clay Buckholz who was recently promoted to the AAA Pawtuckett Red Sox from AA Portland Sea Dogs, he's pitched fantasticly throughout his AA career and has only had one start at the AAA level. He's projected to be ready maybe by mid next season or if things continue to prgress maybe a 4th or 5th starter at the start of 08'.

Our best fielding prospect is Jacoby Ellsbury, OF. Jacoby has played in Boston already this year for approx. 1 week in early July and showed signs of already being ready to be an everyday big leaguer. For those who aren't familiar with him, he's been compaired to Grady Sizemore and Johnny Damon, phenomainal speed, good OBP and his defense is very solid, his arm is average, but he makes up for it by catching balls that most would have to pick up and throw. Many Red Sox fans are calling for him to be brought back up to the Sox now, but the organization is making sure he gets plenty of playing time before he is very likely called back up by the end of August.

Both Buckholz and Ellsbury are being heavily sought after by nearly every club that's trying to obtain prospects. Let's hear about your prospects.....Thanks everyone!

McJoe
07-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Blue Jays

lind litsch r mlb ready...wen u look at lind hes prolly a 20-25 homer and 80-90 rbis (or more depending on the lineup spot) and hits over 300...litsch is a control pitcher who throws alot of sinkers and relys heavily on his defence

we also have ricky romero who for some reason has a blog on milb.com and projects to be a 3 starter or worse...hes a lefty

other than that we have some B prospects and this year we drafted Brett Cecil who i think will be in our pen in 2 years minimum and 3 SSs who all project to play in other positions and are all better than solid...and a catcher who should be a good hitter and has a strong arm

Alias
07-21-2007, 03:11 AM
Diamondbacks
Hitters:
Justin Upton
Carlos Gonzalez
Gerardo Parra
Aaron Cunningham

Pitchers:
Max Scherzer
Brett Anderson
Esmerling Vazquez
Greg Smith
Jarrod Parker (when he signs)
Brooks Brown

JermanJaysFan
07-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Blue Jays

lind litsch r mlb ready...wen u look at lind hes prolly a 20-25 homer and 80-90 rbis (or more depending on the lineup spot) and hits over 300...litsch is a control pitcher who throws alot of sinkers and relys heavily on his defence

we also have ricky romero who for some reason has a blog on milb.com and projects to be a 3 starter or worse...hes a lefty

other than that we have some B prospects and this year we drafted Brett Cecil who i think will be in our pen in 2 years minimum and 3 SSs who all project to play in other positions and are all better than solid...and a catcher who should be a good hitter and has a strong arm

To clarify:

FIELDING PROSPECTS
Adam Lind (LF/DH)- Has been in the big leagues this year and was a call-up last year- projects to have a decent power bat with a relatively high average. Not much speed, mediocre defence. I personally think Garret Anderson- not tonnes of homers but good RBIs, average.

Curtis Thigpen (C)- Athletic catcher, could be moved to other positions around the diamond to settle (1B, 2B). Projects to be a good hitter with solid defense. Just called up recently.

Travis Snider (LF/RF/1B)- Drafted out of high-school last year, projects to be a great hitter. He is a big boy at 6'0", 245 pounds. I always think of him as a Matt Holliday type- good average and good power- could hit 35-40 homers in hit prime, bat .320. Still in single-A , but should have an easy time getting through the minors.

notables- JP Arencibia(Power hitting catcher, average D, shades of Piazza), Eric Eiland (Drafted this year, projects as a possible 5-tool CF)

PITCHING

Jesse Litsch (SP)- Currently our 5th starter, deserves to be maybe third. As McJoe said "litsch is a control pitcher who throws alot of sinkers and relys heavily on his defence". In his MLB debut, he threw 8.2 innings of 4 hit, 1 run ball. With one strikeout. Thats how he pitches. Not that he will be this good, but I personally think of him as a Roy Halladay type- good control, gets hitters to beat themselves.

Rickey Romero (SP)- Was our first pick a few years back- again, as McJoe said: "projects to be a 3 starter or worse...hes a lefty" is currently somewhat crapping the bed in the minors, 0-3 with a 5.36 ERA and a 2.01 WHIP. Opponents hit .312 off him.

Brett Cecil (RP)- Drafted this year, projects to be a closer down the line. Lefty. Currently has a 1.45 ERA with 22 strikeouts, 3 walks in 18 innings down in short-season single A ball.

theLgndKllr35
07-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Phillies

:cricket:

theLgndKllr35
07-21-2007, 11:08 PM
well that was easy

andrewg1423
07-22-2007, 12:17 AM
hahaha...as a phils fan...amen to the crickets
other than carlos carrasco, we have adrian cardenas who plays: second base...yeah maybe in 2014 utley will hit the FA market and the guy can contribute as a 31 year old rookie

D.P. Master
07-22-2007, 01:52 AM
Too many to list.

Mr.Kx6533
07-22-2007, 03:29 AM
As DP said, too many to list.

But anyway....

Dodgers:

Hitting- Andy LaRoche
Pitching- Clayton Kershaw

Mike31Piazza
07-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Hitting- Fernando Martinez

Pitching- Deolis Guerra, Philip Humber, Kevin Mulvey

I didn't include Pelfrey, Gomez and Milledge because they have too much major league experience to classify as prospects.

DeadManWalking
07-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Braves
I'm not gonna count guys in the bigs.

Hitters:
Brent Lillibridge
Brandon Jones
Elvis Andrus
Jordan Schafer

Pitchers:
Matt Harrison
Joey Devine
(soon) Julio Teheran will be our #1

Eekamouse
07-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Padres

OF Cedric Hunter and IF Matt Bush has been disappointing this season and SP Cesar Carrillio is going to have TJ surgery...

But from there the best we have...

3B Chase Headley
OF Will Venable
OF/1B Paul McAnulty
1B Kyle Blanks (incredible power)
OF Chad Huffman
C Nick Hundley
3B Matt Antonelli
OF Yefri Carajal
OF Yordany Ramirez

Pitching
RHP Michael Ekstrom
LHP Sean THompson
RHP Dylan Axelrod
LHP Cesar Ramos
RHP Wade LeBlanc

ibleedblue&oran
07-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Mariners

Pitchers:
Kameron Mickolio
Ryan Feierabend
Justin Lehr

Batters:
Adam Jones
Wladimir Balentien
Jeff Clement

brandonwarne52
07-23-2007, 12:41 AM
I would 'guess' Chris Parmelee and Jeff Manship, but there are plenty to choose from. Plouffe is climbing up the organizational ladder fast, and we always have arms. Morlan could be the arm.

prbaseballdan
07-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Shelley Duncan. He has played 2 games in the majors so far and has hit 3 home runs.

kingsfan15
07-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Tyler Colvin might not be the best cubs prospect, but i think he is gonna be really good, same with eric patterson

brandonwarne52
07-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Shelley Duncan. He has played 2 games in the majors so far and has hit 3 home runs.

Duncan is not in your teams best prospects list or anywhere close to it.

He has nothing on Chamberlain, Tabata, Hughes, and co....

In fact, he's the classic case of the late blooming of a likely AAAA type player. We'll see how long this run lasts when he reverts to his .320 OBP ways......

Redsoxin09
07-29-2007, 10:51 PM
For the Twins i'd have to say Slowey, he did get rocked while in the bigs but he's a young kid and he hasn't learned how to pitch yet, he's just throwing, he'll be good in a year or two. I also really like alexi casilla, he is havin a rough year in triple A but mangement is real high on him. And althought Francisco is hurt if you consider him a prospect anymore he's the obvious choice for best prospect

brandonwarne52
07-29-2007, 11:05 PM
For the Twins i'd have to say Slowey, he did get rocked while in the bigs but he's a young kid and he hasn't learned how to pitch yet, he's just throwing, he'll be good in a year or two. I also really like alexi casilla, he is havin a rough year in triple A but mangement is real high on him. And althought Francisco is hurt if you consider him a prospect anymore he's the obvious choice for best prospect

Slowey isn't a better prospect than Manship.

R. Johnson#3
08-01-2007, 10:43 AM
I have to mention him just because of his name....

Chip Cannon
1st Baseman with Double A New Hampshire. He's a power bat and was named the AFL MVP this past year......He's also a strikeout machine. Projected to be the next Adam Dunn.

cwilson21
08-01-2007, 11:14 AM
I like Tyler Robertson, Slowey, Manship, and Morlan. The Twins best prospect is a pitcher and that's for sure.

gocubbies
08-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Felix Pie is probably the best Cubs prospect. But don't forget Eric Patterson.

Buckwheat
08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Cubs

Hitters:

Felix Pie
Eric Patterson
Tyler Colvin
Gevany Soto

Pitchers:

Jeff Samardjiza
Donald Veal
Mark Pawelek
Sean Gallagher

FWBrodie
08-02-2007, 04:21 PM
TOP 10 PROSPECTS
1. Adam Jones, CF, Tacoma (Triple-A): He continues to destroy PCL pitching, collecting five hits in a game Tuesday and homering twice in the last week. Since the Triple-A All-Star Game, in which he had two hits, Jones is 10-for-23 with two doubles, a triple, a homer and five RBIs in six games.

2. Carlos Triunfel, SS, High Desert (High Class A): Triunfel has sustained his level of play in the Cal League after returning from a thumb injury that sidelined the 17-year-old for six weeks. The shortstop is hitting .314 after his recent 5-for-15 streak.

3. Wladimir Balentien, RF, Tacoma: Probably the Mariners' best trade bait if they refuse to deal Jones, Balentien is having a fine season in his first year in Triple-A with 21 home runs and 70 RBIs to go with an impressive .392 on-base mark.

4. Jeff Clement, C, Tacoma: He continues to progress behind the plate and is forcing his way back into the Mariners' plans with his work in the batter's box (16 home runs).

5. Phillipe Aumont, RHP (Unsigned): The first-round pick is expected to sign soon but it's unknown how much the Mariners will allow him to pitch this summer. His visa situation is nearing a solution and he could be assigned to the Arizona Rookie League by mid-August.

6. Juan Ramirez, RHP, Everett (Short-season Class A): Ramirez, 18, continues to impress in his first taste of pro ball in the states; he is holding opponents to a .224 average and his 31 strikeouts rank second in the Northwest League.

7. Chris Tillman, RHP, High Desert: After struggling in his first seven starts, the right-hander has been solid in three of his past four, allowing three earned runs in 16 innings and striking out 23.

8. Edward Paredes, LHP, Everett: Paredes has shown tons of pitchability, above-average stuff and command, and the ability to induce ground ball outs in his stint with Everett.

9. Greg Halman, CF, Everett: Despite 30 strikeouts in 125 plate appearances, the 19-year-old is showing off his skills, ranking sixth in the league in batting (.337), first in slugging (.609) and fourth in stolen bases (9).

10. Adam Moore, C, High Desert: He has 18 home runs and 75 RBIs.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/324451_mfarm20.html

mikey03
08-02-2007, 08:56 PM
brandon wood
nick adenhart
terry evans
and sean rodriguez

MLB
08-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Clay Buckholez and Jacoby Ellsbury

brandonwarne52
08-03-2007, 12:39 AM
I have to mention him just because of his name....

Chip Cannon
1st Baseman with Double A New Hampshire. He's a power bat and was named the AFL MVP this past year......He's also a strikeout machine. Projected to be the next Adam Dunn.

The next Adam Dunn? At age 24, Cannon's in AA. At age 24, Dunn was working on his 4th major league season.

Then, you have the fact that Dunn's minor league K to BB ratio was more or less 1:1, and Cannon's is close to 3:1. Cannon has a minor league OPS of 844, Adam Dunn was 950.

I just don't see it.

nyyfan4life
08-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Of the top of my head? the yankees prospects r as followed. (not in any order after the 1st 4)

Joba Chamberlain
Jose Tabata
Ian Kennedy
Austin Jackson
Dellin Bentances
Zach McAllister
Brett Gardner
Christian Garcia
Humberto Sanchez
Mark Melancon
Alan Horne
Jesus Montero
Jairo Heredia
Juan Miranda
Jeff Marquez

arkanian215
08-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Mariners

Pitchers:
Kameron Mickolio
Ryan Feierabend
Justin Lehr

Batters:
Adam Jones
Wladimir Balentien
Jeff Clement

haha i heard a lot of the mariners hate adam jones. the management said they were bringing him up and the team, esp guillen went wth, we dont want him, yadda yadda. No love for him.

arkanian215
08-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Cubs

Hitters:

Felix Pie
Eric Patterson
Tyler Colvin
Gevany Soto

Pitchers:

Jeff Samardzija
Donald Veal
Mark Pawelek
Sean Gallagher
i heard samardzija is getting rocked. he might be good in time. 11.91 h/9ip. 1.65 whip 4.95 era. 35/45 bb/k.
shouldnt he be further along than daytona.

boeknows
08-04-2007, 12:53 AM
i heard samardzija is getting rocked. he might be good in time. 11.91 h/9ip. 1.65 whip 4.95 era. 35/45 bb/k.

OUch maybe he should have stuck with football.

JackDublin
08-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Rangers:

Pitching:
Eric Hurley
Edison Volquez
Kasey Kiker
Omar Poveda

Hitting:
Chris Davis
Taylor Teagarden
John Mayberry Jr.
John Whittleman

JackDublin
08-06-2007, 02:19 PM
OUch maybe he should have stuck with football.

He was much better at football....more $$ too.

brandonwarne52
08-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Rangers:

Pitching:
Eric Hurley
Edison Volquez
Kasey Kiker
Omar Poveda

Hitting:
Chris Davis
Taylor Teagarden
John Mayberry Jr.
John Whittleman

I pulled a Taylor Teagarden autographed card from a pack I bought this weekend. Looking at his stats, he's gonna be a good one huh?

JackDublin
08-07-2007, 11:01 AM
I pulled a Taylor Teagarden autographed card from a pack I bought this weekend. Looking at his stats, he's gonna be a good one huh?

Heck yeah! What pack of cards did you get?

sager729
08-07-2007, 11:46 AM
White Sox

Hitters:
Micah Schnurstein
Ryan Sweeney
Maurice Gartrell
Christopher Carter
Brandon Allen

Pitching:
Gio Gonzalez
Jack Egbert
Lance Broadway
Fautino De Los Santos
Nick Masset

brandonwarne52
08-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Heck yeah! What pack of cards did you get?

Bowman. Haven't bought baseball cards since I was in like 8th grade (I'm 21 now), and bought them on a hunch.

JackDublin
08-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Bowman. Haven't bought baseball cards since I was in like 8th grade (I'm 21 now), and bought them on a hunch.

ahh..keep that card, Bowman's have good resale depending on the player.

9ersownnfl
08-07-2007, 06:20 PM
giants

uh.....
henry sosa is a pretty good prospect........um....maybe villalona? (not doing well in azl) uhh.......burriss? who knows, giants have no prospects

redsoxfuture
08-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Red Sox:
Pitchers:
Clay Buchholz
Justin Masterson
Michael Bowden
Craig Hansen?

Hitters:
Jacoby Ellsbury
Jed Lowrie
Brandon Moss
Lars Anderson

Pad Squad
08-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Padres:
Pitching: Cesar Carillo(if he stays healthy)
Jared Wells
Wade LeBlanc
Cesar Ramos
Nick Schmidt
Will Inman

Batting:
Matt Antonelli
Kyle Blanks
Chase Headley
Chad Huffman
Cedric Hunter

cwilson21
08-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Twins are going to have several top prospects in a few years. Both of their rookie league teams are tearing it up.

Halladay
08-14-2007, 08:34 PM
To clarify:

FIELDING PROSPECTS
Adam Lind (LF/DH)- Has been in the big leagues this year and was a call-up last year- projects to have a decent power bat with a relatively high average. Not much speed, mediocre defence. I personally think Garret Anderson- not tonnes of homers but good RBIs, average.

Curtis Thigpen (C)- Athletic catcher, could be moved to other positions around the diamond to settle (1B, 2B). Projects to be a good hitter with solid defense. Just called up recently.

Travis Snider (LF/RF/1B)- Drafted out of high-school last year, projects to be a great hitter. He is a big boy at 6'0", 245 pounds. I always think of him as a Matt Holliday type- good average and good power- could hit 35-40 homers in hit prime, bat .320. Still in single-A , but should have an easy time getting through the minors.

notables- JP Arencibia(Power hitting catcher, average D, shades of Piazza), Eric Eiland (Drafted this year, projects as a possible 5-tool CF)

PITCHING

Jesse Litsch (SP)- Currently our 5th starter, deserves to be maybe third. As McJoe said "litsch is a control pitcher who throws alot of sinkers and relys heavily on his defence". In his MLB debut, he threw 8.2 innings of 4 hit, 1 run ball. With one strikeout. Thats how he pitches. Not that he will be this good, but I personally think of him as a Roy Halladay type- good control, gets hitters to beat themselves.

Rickey Romero (SP)- Was our first pick a few years back- again, as McJoe said: "projects to be a 3 starter or worse...hes a lefty" is currently somewhat crapping the bed in the minors, 0-3 with a 5.36 ERA and a 2.01 WHIP. Opponents hit .312 off him.

Brett Cecil (RP)- Drafted this year, projects to be a closer down the line. Lefty. Currently has a 1.45 ERA with 22 strikeouts, 3 walks in 18 innings down in short-season single A ball.

even though they were just drafted i think you can add Kevin Ahrens,JP Arencebia,Robinson Diaz,Eric Eiland and Justin Jackson...like i said they were only drafted a few months ago(minus diaz) but eiland and jackson appear to be absolute steals.Ahrens has been compared to Chipper Jones,hes a SS right now but eventually will be moved over to third,switch hitter with pop i think chipper jones is a decent comparison maybe a best case scenario.

Jilly Bohnson
08-15-2007, 03:42 PM

Yeah, he's been moved really fast(he's already in AA despite being drafted just last year), and was really raw despite being a college pitcher. His problem is he needs to get his K's up while maintaining everything else. He has decent control, an awesome fastball, and flashes of very good secondary stuff. And apparently all the scouts still cream themselves over him and his stuff, and think he still could be very good, it's just going to take some time. Basically he was as raw as some high school pitchers despite going to college for 4 years.

PhilliesFan18
08-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Phillies Pitching :

Carlos Carrasco
Josh Outman
Antonio Bastardo
Kyle Drabek
Alot of young guys in AA in lower.

Hitting :
Adrian Cardenas : Future All star 19 Y/o tearing it up at high A
D'arby Myers
Quintin Berry
Greg Golson
Mike costanzo

Pad Squad
08-18-2007, 11:36 PM
is his name d'arby or was that a typo?

MLB
08-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Bucholz and Ellsbury probley..

yaowowrocket11
08-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Red Sox:
Pitchers:
Clay Buchholz
Justin Masterson
Michael Bowden
Craig Hansen?

Hitters:
Jacoby Ellsbury
Jed Lowrie
Brandon Moss
Lars Anderson

I would also add Aaron Bates to the hitters list and Kris Johnson on the pitchers list

Humongo
09-03-2007, 04:26 AM
Me in like a year or two

4everblue
09-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Clayton Kershaw, the kid is the next Johan.

CardinalRed4eva
09-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Cardinals- Adam Ottavino, Colby Rasmus, Allen Craig, Jon Jay, Jaime Garcia

-BayAreaJunkie-
09-05-2007, 03:46 AM
Meh..I'm a Giants fan..We don't have prospects. We only had one player in the minors this year. And that was Lincecum. He would pitch every game and hit every time.

stealthdevil
09-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Meh..I'm a Giants fan..We don't have prospects. We only had one player in the minors this year. And that was Lincecum. He would pitch every game and hit every time.

I'll throw in a couple Giants prospects:
Kevin Pucetas, Ben Snyder, Henry Sosa

And Cub prospects:
Mitch Atkins, Donald Veal, Eric Patterson, Jose Ceda, Rafael Dolis, Chris Huseby, Tyler Colvin

-BayAreaJunkie-
09-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah, Henry Sosa is someone I'm looking forward to see in a few years along with Villalona.

BoundByAxioms
09-06-2007, 02:20 AM
I'm going to go with Oswaldo Navaro in the Mariner's system. He's young, and has got some pop in his bat considering he's only 150+ pounds. If that guy just put on about 40pounds of muscle mass, he'd be a force in the Mariner's infield, and pretty good at the top or bottom of their lineup.

lynchgagne
09-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Dodgers

1.Clayton KERshaw LHP comparable johan santana
2.Matt kemp RF comparable andruw jones
3.james loney 1Bcomparable mark grace
4.andy laroche3B comparable chipper jones

all 4 eithier ranked in the top 50 or our ranked in the top 50 the last 2 years in baseball america or baseball propectus

Kyle man
09-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Hitting: Colby Rasmus
Pitching: Chris Perez

i4c
09-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Mets?

Kazmir & Bannister

What ever happened to Lastings Milledge?

Yankees?
Pitching:
Russ Oldendorf
Humberto Sanchez
Joba Chamberlain (if considered that anymore, will be a rookie next year still)
Phillip Hughes (not technically a rookie, but still a prospect)
Ian Kennedy
Alan Horne
Edwar Ramirez

That leaves room to trade: Karstens, Rasner, DeSalvo, Clippard, Wright, Veras, Bean

Not much in the position players though, but just produced Melky and Cano..

aroy025
09-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Mets?

Kazmir & Bannister
What ever happened to Lastings Milledge?

Yankees?
Pitching:
Russ Oldendorf
Humberto Sanchez
Joba Chamberlain (if considered that anymore, will be a rookie next year still)
Phillip Hughes (not technically a rookie, but still a prospect)
Ian Kennedy
Alan Horne
Edwar Ramirez

That leaves room to trade: Karstens, Rasner, DeSalvo, Clippard, Wright, Veras, Bean

Not much in the position players though, but just produced Melky and Cano..

Wow, you are off here by a lot.

First, its Ross Ohlendorf...and he is going to be an ok reliever...he certainly doesn't warrant the top of this list. The pitching list should look like this:

Phil Hughes
Joba Chamberlain
Ian Kennedy
Dellin Betances
Alan Horne
Humberto Sanchez
Andrew Brackman

Edwar Ramirez is 26 years old and only has 1 pitch...and unfortunately for him, his other pitches are so mediocre that you can sit on his change up or fastball and drill it.

Jeff Karstens, Darrell Rasner, Steven White, Jose Veras, and T.J. Beam (I'm assuming that is who you mean, because Colter BEAN isn't in the organization anymore) all are very mediocre...which is why they don't fit into the Yankees top prospects list.

Tyler Clippard, Chase Wright, and Jeff Marquez are not in the top pitching prospects category, but that doesn't mean they are bad. Clippard is a guy who prides himself and makes his living off of control, which he lost for some reason this year. If he can get his head back on straight, there is no reason he can't successfully pitch as a #4-#5 starter in the majors. Chase Wright is a left handed pitcher, so he will definitely get a chance to pitch regularly somewhere. He could make a useful starter or reliever some day.

Jeff Marquez is kind of the wild-card of the group. He doesn't have awesome stuff, but he is a lot like Chien-Ming Wang. He is a ground ball machine and could make himself into a solid #3 starter with a downside of #4-#5. He probably has the brightest future of the three pitchers mentioned above.

Now, here is another place I disagree with you. The Yankees do have position prospects, but they are in short supply. The Yankees went well out of their way this past draft to help address this issue.

They drafted: SS Carmen Angelini, 3B Brad Suttle, C Austin Romine, C Richard Weems, 2B Damon Sublett, and OF Taylor Grote.

Angelini and Suttle are considered the jewels of that crop with Sublett, Romine, and Grote all still unknown with lots of potential.

The Yankees always do a good job on the International Free Agent front and this year was no exception.

The Yankees do have some promising prospects in the OF in the forms of Jose Tabata, Austin Jackson, and Brett Gardener. Tabata and Jackson can hit and project to hit for a solid amount of power while Gardener projects to be a .300 hitter and steal about 50 bases.

The Yankees are lacking in the position prospects, but it certainly isn't a barren wasteland. Luckily for them, they have enough pitching prospects to deal if they were looking to upgrade their position prospects.

Sabres39
09-07-2007, 03:42 PM
lol, Aroy laying down the law.

BaRRySandAmaN
09-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Brewers Prospects:
Ryan Braun- I had to put him but he's a BIG time player now
Ozzie Chavez SS
Tony Gwynn Jr CF- Typical Leadoff hitter, Kenny Lofton
Matt LaPorta LF- 07 1st round pick Geoff Jenkins Replacement
Brad Nelson 1B- Power hitter but won't see much action because of the Prince
Hernan Ibarren 2B- Solid guy but Weeks is much better, probaly Traded
Vinny Rottino C- Just brought up plays multiple positions
Pitchers-
Yovani Gallardo
Zach Jackson
Adam Pettyjohn

IndiansFan337
09-08-2007, 11:39 AM
SP Adam Miller, OF Trevor Crowe & SP Chuck Lofgren.

b.i.g.
09-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Curtis Granderson

ThisIsTheYear
09-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Curtis Granderson

He's not a prospect.

Cadarn
09-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Kershaw, kemp, hu, laroche, etc

jman
09-26-2007, 09:36 PM
ian kennedy jose tabata jesus montero austin jackson brett gardner

nyyfan4life
09-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Curtis Granderson

:confused:

r u serious? lol

WiscoSports
01-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Brewers Prospects:
Ozzie Chavez SS
Pitchers-
Yovani Gallardo
Zach Jackson
Adam Pettyjohn

Ok this list is completely wrong,

Batting-
LaPorta, Salome, Gamel, Escobar, Brewer, Gillespie, maybe Gwynn ( He is not a typical leadoff hitter and wont be ever, he is not like his dad. Low OBP and Low Avg.)

Pitching-
Jeffress, Parra, Braddock, Rogers, Jackson, Seidel, Anundsen

Just to point out that most of our good prospects are in the A level and are rising. Brewers have a good farm system even with the graduation of Weeks, Fielder, Braun, Hardy, Hart, Gallardo and you can say Parra graduating but I believe he will start in AAA next year unless he wows in Spring Training.

Varick
03-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Well I am a Yankees fan (from NYC) and I also have a soft spot for the Rays. So my Yankees have Joba (still a prospect?), Austin Jackson (CF), and Jose Tabata (LF/RF). The Rays have Evan Longoria and David Price.

royal return
03-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Mike Moustakas who starts in Low-A this year. Plays SS now but I think he will end up in right field. Clocked at mid-nineties when pitching last year but his bat is quick and full of power. Arrival in late 2010.

Daniel Cortes is the top pitcher. He is at AA level. Will arrive next year some time if he stays on track. Tall, well built for the long haul, he was a bit of a throw-in when the Royals sent Mike McDougal to the White Sox for Tyler Lumsden who is in AAA. Cortes is better at this time.

bosox3431
03-31-2008, 04:29 PM
ian kennedy jose tabata jesus montero austin jackson brett gardner

1000's of years ago this wonderful thing called a comma was invented, they work wonders when making a list

PackCrewBuckBad
03-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Brewers Prospects:
Ozzie Chavez SS
Pitchers-
Yovani Gallardo
Zach Jackson
Adam Pettyjohn

Pena (Future closer, that is him right?)

Joba Rules!!
04-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Yankees in no particular order-
Jose Tabata
Austin Jackson
Jose Montero
Joba Chamberlain
Ian Kennedy
Alan Horne
Mark Melancon
Dellin Bentances
Jairo Heredia
Jeff Marquez
Andrew Brackman
Humberto Sanchez
Daniel McCutchen
JB Cox
Ryan Pope
The list goes on and on....:D

InsaneSports_07
04-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Braves:

SS Brent Lillibridge (probably will replace Chipper at 3rd someday)
C Clint Sammons
OF Jordan Shafer (now suspended 50 games for HGH)
1B Kala Ka'aihue
RP Michael Nix
OF Brandon Jones
RP Zach Schreiber

WiscoSports
04-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Pena (Future closer, that is him right?)

Yea Luis Pena, Should be our future Closer maybe Setup man. I honestly think Jeffress is gonna be our closer in the future but we will see.

He is not off to a great start but should improve.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Pena%20%20P&pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=434524

CarniifeX
04-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Brandon Wood (3B/SS)
Nick Adenhart (SP)
Matt Brown (3B)
Kendry Morales (1B, MLB ready)
Terry Evans (OF)
Nick Green (SP)
Jose Arredondo (RP/CL)

MaysBonds2425
06-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Mets...

Fernando "F-Mart" Martinez (OF)
Jon Niese (SP)
Eddie Kunz (RP)
Mike Carp (1B)
Nick Evans (UTL)
Danny Murphy (2B)

xander
06-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Giants:

Angel Villalona
Buster Posey
Conor Gillespie
Nate Schierholtz
Brandon Crawford
Madison Bumgarner
Tim Alderson
Nick Noonan

WiscoSports
06-08-2008, 01:57 AM
Ok Im going to change mine up for the sake of how this season is going and the draft that just took place.

1. Laporta
2. Gamel
3. Salome
4. Escobar
5. Lucroy
6. Lawrie*
7. Jeffress
8. Pena
9. Odorizzi*
10. Fredrickson*

Those are my new top 10 in our system, * means they havent signed yet but when they do Im going to rank them there.

brewersfan729
06-08-2008, 03:34 AM
I have to think Gamel has passed up LaPorta. They're basically the same age (actually Gamel is about six months younger) in the same league and Gamel is outhitting LaPorta by 122 points in OPS (1.122 to 1.000.) Gamel still needs work on his defense but he's showing right now that his bat can play at any position even if he can't stick at third.

1. Mat Gamel 3B
2. Matt LaPorta RF/LF
3. Alcides Escobar SS
4. Angel Salome C
5. Jeremy Jeffress RHP
6. Taylor Green 3B
7. Brett Lawrie C*
8. Jonathan LuCroy C
9. Luis Pena RHP
10. Jake Odorizzi RHP*
11. Zach Braddock LHP
12. Michael Brantley CF
13. Evan Frederickson LHP*
14. Seth Lintz RHP*
15. Lorenzo Cain CF
16. Chris Errecart 1B
17. Tim Dillard RHP
18. Thomas Adams RHP*
19. Cutter Dykstra CF*
20. Omar Aguilar RHP

Like WiscoSports, the players with an asterisk next to their name were just drafted and assuming they sign that's where I would rank them.

viktor06
06-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Mets -
1. Fernando Martinez
2. Ike Davis
3. Reese Havens
4. Jon Niese
5. Brad Holt
6. Eddie Kunz
7. Bobby Parnell
8. Kirk Niewenhuis
9. David Murphy
10. Dock Doyle

GIANT4LIFE
06-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Giants:

Angel Villalona
Buster Posey
Conor Gillespie
Nate Schierholtz
Brandon Crawford
Madison Bumgarner
Tim Alderson
Nick Noonan

wendell fairley and pablo sandoval should be added also.

Acekicker123
06-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Travis Snider baby!!!!

Acekicker123
06-30-2008, 12:56 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous that Brett Cecil did not crack BA's top 100. Wow.

Acekicker123
06-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Another guy is Scott Campbell. .350 AVG in AA as a middle infielder... I mean honestly... wow.

Acekicker123
06-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Or Arencibia? Currently mashing in AA, after destroying the FSL.

Premium power and hitting skills from the catcher position.

That should be another top 100 prospect IMHO.

Acekicker123
06-30-2008, 12:58 PM
The Jays future is starting to look pretty good with those studs down there. Too bad their big league team sux so much =(

sager729
07-01-2008, 07:39 PM
White Sox

Aaron Poreda
Jose Martinez
John Shelby Jr.
Juan Silverio
Gordan Beckham
Adam Russell
Lance Broadway
Brandon Allen

good spliff