Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marcus Smart linked to the Kings

Source: After striking out on Zach Levine, the Sacramento Kings are preparing to put together an offer #Celtics Marcus Smart.
    https://twitter.com/ASherrodblakely/...86133461422082

Do we have any Marcus Smart fans here? Would be an interesting add.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

He’s a good defender, be interesting to see if we would play him at the 2 and bogi at the 3. Very intrigued in what the number is and whether we could swing he and Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    He’s a good defender, be interesting to see if we would play him at the 2 and bogi at the 3. Very intrigued in what the number is and whether we could swing he and Hood.
    If we could add both (i am not thinking that's a possibility, but hey let's go with it) we would have a deep team.

Fox/Smart/bogi/Mason
    Bogi/Buddy/Smart/Fox/Shumpert
    Hood/Buddy/Bogi/Jackson/Shumpert
    Randolph/Bagley/Giles/WCS
    WCS/KK/Giles/Randolph

Am i missing anyone?

Temple.. man that's deep.. where does he fit?
    Last edited by sneak; 07-09-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    If we could add both (i am not thinking that's a possibility, but hey let's go with it) we would have a deep team.

Fox/Smart/bogi/Mason
    Bogi/Buddy/Smart/Fox/Shumpert
    Hood/Buddy/Bogi/Jackson/Shumpert
    Randolph/Bagley/Giles/WCS
    WCS/KK/Giles/Randolph

Am i missing anyone?

Temple.. man that's deep.. where does he fit?
    Skal.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Was never a huge fan of his antics on the court, but that is the stuff this Kings team needs. He would bring a toughness to this team that is missing. If the Kings got Smart I would run a 5 man rotation with Fox/Bogi/Jackson/Buddy/Smart.

Signing Smart wouldn't make a whole lot of sense with the way the roster looks right now. He's an undersized SG, unless the Kings plan on running him with the 2nd unit as a scoring PG. Kings are going to botch this and cash him out way more than his worth. I'm hoping they don't sign him.

I'm a fan of Smart. I hope we don't overpay, but he would be a good pick-up. The guy just makes winning plays.

I cringed every time he shot the ball... but he definitely has an impact on the game with his def and energy. I think he would be a great get...(especially since Mason forgot how to play)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...2nzc6qe10pgzmk

This article said that Smart was hoping for $12-$14 million per year - not sure that I'd do that. Three years at $10-$12 seems better.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...2nzc6qe10pgzmk

This article said that Smart was hoping for $12-$14 million per year - not sure that I'd do that. Three years at $10-$12 seems better.
    No more than 10 million. I'd offer 2 years + 3rd with team option. I hope the Kings strikeout on this RFA as well.

Well...if he was hoping for 12-14 million, I'm hoping we don't go over that number. That would be horrible.

I'm not a fan just based on shooting numbers. He'd really have to just be a backup to fox, and not sure that's what he wants, or what he's best at. If he's in the game with fox, we'd struggle getting outside shots.

I hope Boston matches whatever we offer. Not interested at all - especially if the numbers are close to what Smart wants.

Jason Jones (Sac Bee) Reported that there's no truth to the rumor. Which probably means the rumor is true because Jones has been wrong already this offseason.

I am thinking 3 x 6.75m. No more no less. Paying him 7+ a year is too much for a 7th, or 8th man.
    3/20.25m

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Jason Jones (Sac Bee) Reported that there's no truth to the rumor. Which probably means the rumor is true because Jones has been wrong already this offseason.
    Yeah... I'm definitely on the "I hope we don't sign him" side of the fence. I'd much rather go for Parker or hood.

As for the conflicting rumors... it almost feels like the rumors are being started to gauge fans reaction. When the consensus is against the rumor, a new one says there's no truth. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast