View Poll Results: How many wins?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll

1 100.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Welp cueto Ain’t pitching today. So Holland is getting the start. Apparently he needs more rest

to Schulmans point, Giants could look to do what they did with Gearrin/Jackson to Holland and Dyson and shed more salary. So i wonder if today's start is a showcase of some sort. I've personally grown to like Holland a little, moreso than Blach. But if we can trade him i won't be upset. Dyson is a nice piece to have in our bullpen. I wouldn't trade him.

I don't think it's a showcase so much as buying time to figure out what's up with Cueto. Still can't see the Giants being sellers.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't think it's a showcase so much as buying time to figure out what's up with Cueto. Still can't see the Giants being sellers.
    Not sellers, but dealing from an area of depth. Giants see Holland as similar to Blach, but even though Holland is better than Blach, he's owed more.

With Cueto still being a question mark, I don't think they have so much depth. Plus, it's not like Holland is the type of arm contenders will be seeking out.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    With Cueto still being a question mark, I don't think they have so much depth. Plus, it's not like Holland is the type of arm contenders will be seeking out.
    I think it will be all about just freeing up money from a place that they have pieces that are expendable. Holland and Dyson are both expendable. Especially with Ray Black and Blach in the Pen.

One thing I wish that the Giants would consider is dealing Gorkys. He is having his best career year and the odds of him ever having more value are minimal at best. Get as much as you can for him now. It makes sense because they are not going to be able to off load Pence and if Bochy is going to insist on getting him PT, just give Duggar CF, and trot Pence out here with Slater in a platoon.
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..don’t know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.”

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

Quote Originally Posted by clarkfn2284 View Post
    I think it will be all about just freeing up money from a place that they have pieces that are expendable. Holland and Dyson are both expendable. Especially with Ray Black and Blach in the Pen.

One thing I wish that the Giants would consider is dealing Gorkys. He is having his best career year and the odds of him ever having more value are minimal at best. Get as much as you can for him now. It makes sense because they are not going to be able to off load Pence and if Bochy is going to insist on getting him PT, just give Duggar CF, and trot Pence out here with Slater in a platoon.
    Id agree with trading Gorkys but hes barely owed anything and we just dealt Jackson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand the point of having Slater if he isn't going to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I don't understand the point of having Slater if he isn't going to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Seriously. Absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah, it's getting annoying.

2/3 from the Cubs

Interested to see what Giants do in 2nd half.

Bum, Cueto, Rodriguez, Suarez, Samardzija, Stratton, Holland....

A lot of options.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    If we could just be consistent the rest of the way......

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Seriously. Absolutely ridiculous.

No one has really stepped up in a truly meaningful way. I suppose you then try anything. Can't seem to settle on any one thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast