Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Two.

They'd better add two DHs next year. Although three would be better.
    They will sell low on Smith or something like that. Bruce will be in RF, Conforto in LF and Nimmo in CF. Cespedes at 1st and Alonzo at AAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They will sell low on Smith or something like that. Bruce will be in RF, Conforto in LF and Nimmo in CF. Cespedes at 1st and Alonzo at AAA.

So we'll be even worse on defense next year? Great.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Cespedes could be a beast at 1B for all we know. Conforto is a good LF defensively. Nimmo and Bruce are probably below average out there in those spots.

Donít expect major improvements unless they deal one of Conforto or Nimmo, then get a real CF.

I actually suggested moving Cespedes to first last year. Made sense with the glut of outfielders combined with Cesís leg problems. But now with Alonso knocking on the door?

We need a DH fast.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Cespedes could be a beast at 1B for all we know. Conforto is a good LF defensively. Nimmo and Bruce are probably below average out there in those spots.
    Michael's an OK left fielder, but he's a significant step down from Cespedes. Nimmo's below average at center, and Bruce is ****ing awful.

Nobody's a beast at a position they've never played before. Even 1B requires skill and experience to be good. And anyway even if he's serviceable at 1B, the point is he's our best outfielder. So moving him to first without also upgrading in the outfield means we're getting worse defensively. And let's be honest, he'd probably suck there.

We can't keep running this haggard-*** defensive team out there and expect to win.

Michael's an OK left fielder, but he's a significant step down from Cespedes. Nimmo's below average at center, and Bruce is ****ing awful.

Nobody's a beast at a position they've never played before. Even 1B requires skill and experience to be good. And anyway even if he's serviceable at 1B, the point is he's our best outfielder. So moving him to first without also upgrading in the outfield means we're getting worse defensively. And let's be honest, he'd probably suck there.

We can't keep running this haggard-*** defensive team out there and expect to win.
    Well hopefully the new GM looks at defense as part of the game and just not completely ****ing ignore it like Sandy did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Well hopefully the new GM looks at defense as part of the game and just not completely ****ing ignore it like Sandy did.

Run differential.

I went to the game on Wednesday
    Degrom pitched great but of course no run support for him.
    The best part about the game besides Nimmo's hr was when a fan ran onto the field lol
    Lets go Mets

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213