Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

ASG: Crawford voted in as starter, Posey voted in as reserve, Belt in final vote

SAN FRANCISCO -- The Giants' delegation bound for Washington to participate in the July 17 All-Star Game presented by Mastercard comes from different constituencies, so to speak.

Brandon Crawford was a landslide winner in fan voting for the National League shortstop spot. It'll be his second All-Star selection and his first start, having been chosen as a reserve in 2015.

"I went before as a reserve and that was awesome, but to make the starting lineup will be more special," said Crawford, who received 3,212,103 votes to 1,805,856 for second-place finisher Addison Russell of the Cubs. "Whenever you get that much fan support, it's definitely special."

Chased down by Chicago's Willson Contreras in the fan balloting, catcher Buster Posey nevertheless earned his sixth All-Star selection by winning the players' vote at his position.

"I didn't know which way it was going to go," said Posey, who finished with 1,918,966 votes to 2,172,682 for Contreras. Posey called his selection by the players a "huge honor."

Moreover, Crawford and Posey could be joined by another teammate: first baseman Brandon Belt, who was named a Final Vote candidate. This is familiar territory for Belt, who made his lone All-Star appearance as the winner of the Final Vote process in 2016.

Fans can cast votes for the final player on each league's roster -- on computers, tablets and smartphones -- exclusively online as part of the 2018 Camping World MLB Final Vote, as well as via the MLB At Bat and MLB Ballpark mobile apps, until Wednesday at 1 p.m. PT.
    https://www.mlb.com/giants/news/bran...rs/c-284891474

Vote Belt!

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Posey to miss ASG

Tbh Aguilar deserves this more (and so does Muncy for that matter). Belt has been excellent, they have been even better.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

yeah.

I don't give a flying fcu.k about the AS game.

I think the players should choose.

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    yeah.

I don't give a flying fcu.k about the AS game.

I think the players should choose.
    Eh. Players aren't always the best at talent evaluation either. i.e. Brandon Philips.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Eh. Players aren't always the best at talent evaluation either. i.e. Brandon Philips.
    lol.

Fans just straight ticket vote, i.e. Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    lol.

Fans just straight ticket vote, i.e. Trump.
    This is true too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    This is true too lol.
    Rush agreed with me!?!?

#Hawt