Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

(62-29) Boston Red Sox VS Texas Rangers (40-51)

Game 1: Monday, July 9, 7:10 PM ET
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eduardo Rodriguez (10-3) - (3.84 ERA)

Rodriguez (10-3) picked up the win in Wednesday's 3-0 victory over the Nationals, allowing three hits and a walk over six scoreless innings while striking out six.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike Minor (6-4)- (4.63 ERA)

Minor allowed four runs (three earned) on seven hits and three walks while striking out four over six innings in Wednesday's extra-inning loss to the Astros. He did not factor into the decision.

Game 2: Tuesday, July 10, 7:10 PM ET

Hector Velazquez (6-0) - (2.76 ERA)

Yovani Gallardo (3-0) - (5.87 ERA)

Yovani Gallardo allowed four runs -- three earned -- on eight hits over 5 1/3 innings in a win over the Tigers on Thursday.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wednesday, July 11, 7:10 PM ET ( SALE DAY)

Chris Sale (9-4) - (2.36 ERA)
    Bartolo Colon

Bartolo Colon pitched well in a losing effort against the Tigers on Friday night, surrendering three runs on five hits over his eight innings.

I know it's sad. The only board on PSD that stays busy is the NBA forum. I miss the good ol days when the game threads would be 20 pages deep. I feel MLB in general is losing a lot of fans and it's sad. This is America's pastime!

The sox did solid on the road trip. The Yankees series was a mess, but overall nice beating the teams they should be beating

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    The sox did solid on the road trip. The Yankees series was a mess, but overall nice beating the teams they should be beating
    I've got mixed feelings about that series. For one, it emphasizes the Sox' need to finish in first place. Splitting a series on the road is acceptable if you can win at home. Beating last place teams (e.g., Royals) is somewhat expected for a playoff team so I'm wondering if series like NYY are a better measuring stick of where we are. The pitching did not line up well and the offense continues to be susceptible against LHP.

With that HR, Pearce is hitting .455/.480/.772 to start his Red Sox career with 4-2B, 1HR, 5RBI. Most likely he's already outearned the career WAR of Espinal.

hi

Hey, Station13! How's the hardball life?

Tonight's Lineup:

Mookie Betts, RF
    Andrew Benintendi, LF
    J.D. Martinez, DH
    Mitch Moreland, 1B
    Xander Bogaerts, SS
    Brock Holt, 2B
    Rafael Devers, 3B
    Blake Swihart, C
    Jackie Bradley Jr., CF

Hector Velazquez expected to go 2-4 innings tonight. Basically a bullpen game for Boston. Jalen Beeks, others backing him up
    Source: Chris Cotillo
    Last edited by Soxfan85; 07-10-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Swihart catching already. Cora seems to line him up with youngsters, which I get on one hand because the vets have their preferences and built rapport... but itd be nice to see Swihart catch with someone a bit more experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    Swihart catching already. Cora seems to line him up with youngsters, which I get on one hand because the vets have their preferences and built rapport... but itd be nice to see Swihart catch with someone a bit more experienced.
    My guess would be that he's had experience with some of them in the minors. Admittedly not a ton though since he had to ditch full time catching later in the season.