Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Pretty sure he said Sabean on purpose as many think he's the one actually calling the shots these days. Can't say I'd necessarily disagree.
    Yep there was a report saying Sabean would be more involved this season.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

How much did they get for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Rangers you the real MVP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do like this, it is addition by subtraction. Would liked to have seen Bahr. He was a prospect and prospects are what we need. Instead of just releasing them, this was a way to keep us under the tax and free up payroll but to give away the very thing we need, well......

Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    I do like this, it is addition by subtraction. Would liked to have seen Bahr. He was a prospect and prospects are what we need. Instead of just releasing them, this was a way to keep us under the tax and free up payroll but to give away the very thing we need, well......
    Im just glad Gearrin is no longer here. Hot wife aside, the dude sucked. Been saying it for a while. Couldn't stand him or Kontos. Now, just get rid of Shitardzija and ill probably like or support every Giant on this team. TBH i can see myself not liking Duggar. Think he's overhyped.

I also wonder about the value of keeping McCutcheon at this point. As a lifelong Pirate, nearing the end of his career, suddenly thrown into a new role with SF on a one year deal. I have to wonder if he’s totally committed to his new digs, especially since we’re not exactly a shoo-in for a PO spot right now.

He just may be better off (and happier) dealt to a contender as a rental where he may help a playoff team rather than play out the season here. A lot would depend on where we’re at post AS break, but dealing him may not be a bad idea, both for him and the team. And with the call up of Duggar & Slater, and with Mac waiting in the wings, it might just be a good move if we're near or out of contention.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

We're far from out of contention but if that weren't the case, I'd be all for trading McCutchen.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    I also wonder about the value of keeping McCutcheon at this point. As a lifelong Pirate, nearing the end of his career, suddenly thrown into a new role with SF on a one year deal. I have to wonder if he’s totally committed to his new digs, especially since we’re not exactly a shoo-in for a PO spot right now.

He just may be better off (and happier) dealt to a contender as a rental where he may help a playoff team rather than play out the season here. A lot would depend on where we’re at post AS break, but dealing him may not be a bad idea, both for him and the team. And with the call up of Duggar & Slater, and with Mac waiting in the wings, it might just be a good move if we're near or out of contention.
    I too have wondered if he's actually happy here. Doesn't seem like it. Lack of diversity in that clubhouse at some point comes into affect.

I too have wondered if he's actually happy here. Doesn't seem like it. Lack of diversity in that clubhouse at some point comes into affect.
    I know times are different but look at Jackie, Hank and Willie. Talk about lack of diversity. These are professionals and Andrew knew the situation. He signed the contract. I would be disappointed to find he wasn't giving his all. The Giants find themselves in a wicked spot. Buy or sell. If we go to long, no one will be interested in what we may have to offer. They will have already made their moves and if we decided to buy, the players we would need likely would be gone. The FO will have to decide soon.

Vogelsong was in the booth yesterday and said that McCutchen came up to him and grabbed him and said you were right I love it here. So there is that.
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..don’t know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.”

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

I know times are different but look at Jackie, Hank and Willie. Talk about lack of diversity. These are professionals and Andrew knew the situation. He signed the contract. I would be disappointed to find he wasn't giving his all. The Giants find themselves in a wicked spot. Buy or sell. If we go to long, no one will be interested in what we may have to offer. They will have already made their moves and if we decided to buy, the players we would need likely would be gone. The FO will have to decide soon.
    He was traded here didnt have a choice really. Still hope he does well enough so we can offer a qo and get a pick or have him back for one more year at the qorate. Wouldnt extend him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCutchen wasn't signed by the Giants, he was traded for. I see no reason to think he isn't giving his all, if for no other reason than being an impending free agent.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

From what I've seen he seems to be very happy.

I wouldn't trade him.

Racial diversity? We've got latinos and blacks. JC, Panda, Hanson how diverse dos it have to be?

@#24 Mac is ****. Move on to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    McCutchen wasn't signed by the Giants, he was traded for. I see no reason to think he isn't giving his all, if for no other reason than being an impending free agent.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    From what I've seen he seems to be very happy.

I wouldn't trade him.

Racial diversity? We've got latinos and blacks. JC, Panda, Hanson how diverse dos it have to be?

@#24 Mac is ****. Move on to someone else.
    Didn't mean to imply that Cutch was dogging it, or otherwise somehow disgruntled being here. Just that coming from a long-time Pirates career to a new place, and with impending FA looming as Spliff says, it may be a bit unsettling for him. Possibly even trying too hard and/or pressing a bit at times.

And @elephant guy, I wouldn't give up on Mac just yet. Those concussion things can take some time. He's shown he's capable, just needs to get his timing and confidence back to what it was (I hope!). But he ain't gettin' no younger for sure, so there's that too!
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Didn't mean to imply that Cutch was dogging it, or otherwise somehow disgruntled being here. Just that coming from a long-time Pirates career to a new place, and with impending FA looming as Spliff says, it may be a bit unsettling for him. Possibly even trying too hard and/or pressing a bit at times.

And @elephant guy, I wouldn't give up on Mac just yet. Those concussion things can take some time. He's shown he's capable, just needs to get his timing and confidence back to what it was (I hope!). But he ain't gettin' no younger for sure, so there's that too!

hmmm ok.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast