Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Chap gone, Lasagna probably done for year, Sanchez out, Romine was hurt, Monty gone,

Injuries keep piling up and the Wild Card is probably where we fall now.....

I’d use DRob to be the closer now......
    Definitely gonna be the wild card. We're an insane 2 games back right now. No chance at the division. I'd just sell off every valuable asset and start over fresh.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hamels is not the guy we want. He has a 20 team NT clause that were on and he has said to waive his NT clause he want his 21m option for next yr picked up. We want nothing to do with Hamels for 21m next yr. Pitching is going to be expensive no matter who we get so they might as well spend a little extra and get someone who can help us beyond just this yr. IMO Happ, Hamels or Fulmer isn't going to put us over the top this yr.

Anyone else think they should move Judge down in the order? He's back to hitting alot of HRs but most of them are coming with no one on base. I think when Torres gets back they should have hom bat #2 and have Judge hit 3rd where he has a chance to drive in more runs

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Didn't Moose sign a one year deal for about 5.5M?

Actually he rejected a $17.4M qualifying offer, he gambled and lost wound up signing one year deal at $6.5M gaurenteed. He was the victim of a languid market that left dozens of FA's unsigned. Some suspect collusion.

As mentioned, I was referring to the mutual option in 2019, agreed upon at $15M.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yep! We need pitching far more than another bat, no question that should be our priority. As mentioned previously, at this moment Moose is not much better than Bird statistically and cost $14.5M more.
    moose makes 6.5 and half season is done so more like 3 now

we dropping right now
    good thing the Allstar break is soon
    we are NOT healthy f the all star game judge sit out

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Actually he rejected a $17.4M qualifying offer, he gambled and lost wound up signing one year deal at $6.5M gaurenteed. He was the victim of a languid market that left dozens of FA's unsigned. Some suspect collusion.

As mentioned, I was referring to the mutual option in 2019, agreed upon at $15M.
    Gotcha. Must have missed that last part scrolling thru the thread.

I wonder if other teams have fans as asinine as some of the posters on the Yankees forum here.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I wonder if other teams have fans as asinine as some of the posters on the Yankees forum here.
    I wonder if other fans post false contract amounts as gospel on message boards and build false cases on those amounts having not researched the data and try to convince everyone to their point of view.

Here are the facts:
    * $5.5 million contract for this year - Yankees would be on hook for half of this
    * $1 million buyout for next year - Yankees would have to pay this, but it wouldn't go against luxury tax threshold this year which is the major criteria
    * $2.2 milllion in incentives based on plate appearances - some of this presumably already paid by KC - so estimate approximately $1 million to the luxury tax threshhold
    * No loss of draft pick, which was the major reason that the Yankees didn't sign him in the off season

Therefore, the Yankees would be paying only $3 million to $4 million and could probably put Walker and his $4 million dollar contract in the deal as a piece going back to KC, bringing the total outlay to between $1 to $2 million. So for the price of a prospect and a million or two, we could upgrade Walker to Moustakis on the roster and the world would not be ending.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I wonder if other fans post false contract amounts as gospel on message boards and build false cases on those amounts having not researched the data and try to convince everyone to their point of view.

Here are the facts:
    * $5.5 million contract for this year - Yankees would be on hook for half of this
    * $1 million buyout for next year - Yankees would have to pay this, but it wouldn't go against luxury tax threshold this year which is the major criteria
    * $2.2 milllion in incentives based on plate appearances - some of this presumably already paid by KC - so estimate approximately $1 million to the luxury tax threshhold
    * No loss of draft pick, which was the major reason that the Yankees didn't sign him in the off season

Therefore, the Yankees would be paying only $3 million to $4 million and could probably put Walker and his $4 million dollar contract in the deal as a piece going back to KC, bringing the total outlay to between $1 to $2 million. So for the price of a prospect and a million or two, we could upgrade Walker to Moustakis on the roster and the world would not be ending.
    Not sure why that was directed at me, since I didn't post it. But, OK.

I don't care about moose, nor do I want him on the roster. Guy has back issues, starting pitching is much more of a priority, IMO.

Leo, played golf at World of Woods today...

Check it out!
    Heard it was cool. Played Streamsomg last year. Neat place but in the middle of nowhere.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I would unload the farm for Degrom, Hand and Moose.

If that meant losing Andujar, so be it. We sign Machado anyway.

Slappy
    Torres
    Judge
    Machado
    Stanton
    Gary
    Didi
    Hicks
    Moose

Sevy
    Degrom
    Tanaka
    Fatty or kid
    Sheffield

DRob
    Dellin
    Hand
    Chapman

Nobody beating that team.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Chap gone, Lasagna probably done for year, Sanchez out, Romine was hurt, Monty gone,

Injuries keep piling up and the Wild Card is probably where we fall now.....

I’d use DRob to be the closer now......

Yeah, two games back with only 76 games to go. Gonna take a miracle to make that up. LOL!!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

With Chapman hitting the DL I think it is time to bring back Kahnle and see if he has command again....

Chapman isn't on the DL. JEEEZZZZ!!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post

Hard to imagine but they probably do.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

we can't say that's the last thing we need about anything. an upgrade is an upgrade brad hand would be amazing moose is also an upgrade aren't ya sick of getting the worst production in baseball out of 1b. moose would come cheap he's not a must but I'll take anyone good his back just needs to be okay for 2 months we want the WS now

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast