Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yep! We need pitching far more than another bat, no question that should be our priority. As mentioned previously, at this moment Moose is not much better than Bird statistically and cost $14.5M more.
    wow I had no idea it was that much money

when they say '' you never have enough pitching '' they are right

seveerino vs happ
    4pm @ Rogers Center
    JA Happ Bobble Head day
    Margerita Day at the dome...

Yankees

1. Brett Gardner (L) LF
    2. Aaron Judge (R) RF
    3. Giancarlo Stanton (R) DH
    4. Aaron Hicks (S) CF
    5. Miguel Andujar (R) 3B
    6. Didi Gregorius (L) SS
    7. Brandon Drury (R) 2B
    8. Kyle Higashioka (R) C
    9. Greg Bird (L) 1B

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    Have Yankee Stadium dimension got in his head and have him scared to throw it?

I think you're onto something there drt

as far as him throwing less FB once again you might be right but

isn't that the yankee way with starters this yr

have you seen him shake off his personal catcher a lot

well at least we can scratch that p catcher crap
    True it started last season actually. However none of the starters has seen a bigger change in percentage than Sonny. Compared to all 2017, As of end of May 2018...CC, Sevy, Tanaka are throwing 10% or less (Tank 4.8%) while Sonny sits at 31% less. As a team the Yanks lead the AL in the fewest FB's thrown, Rothchild favors the slider instead. FB's get hit a very long way, just ask Sonny.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    True it started last season actually. However none of the starters has seen a bigger change in percentage than Sonny. Compared to all 2017, As of end of May 2018...CC, Sevy, Tanaka are throwing 10% or less (Tank 4.8%) while Sonny sits at 31% less. As a team the Yanks lead the AL in the fewest FB's thrown, Rothchild favors the slider instead. FB's get hit a very long way, just ask Sonny.
    LOL good info drt

thanks

Everyone should stop lying about Moose's salary. He was forced to take a 1 year 6.5 million salary this year on a one year deal and half that money is already spent.

Loaisiga had an MRI on shoulder showing inflammation. Going to see Dr Ahmad.

and if that wasn't bad enough

Boone said Cessa will probably start second game in Baltimore.

but we don't need to trade for a pitcher
    Last edited by pinstripezac; 07-07-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Everyone should stop lying about Moose's salary. He was forced to take a 1 year 6.5 million salary this year on a one year deal and half that money is already spent.

back off no one is lying

us humans make mistakes

I assumed drt was talking about the $15M Mutual Option, $1M Buyout for next yr

which I wasn't 100% sure what it meant and had no problem giving drt the benefit of doubt

regardless of the money he's not the guy

he has back issues and no 1B experience

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Reported the option year. Unless you see him as a short term rental.

According to Cotts: 1 year/$6.5M (2018), plus 2019 mutual option
    re-signed by Kansas City as a free agent 3/9/18
    18:$5.5M, 19:$15M mutual option ($1M buyout)
    2018 performance bonuses: $0.2M each for 225, 250, 275, 300, 325, 350 plate appearances. $0.25M each for 375, 400, 425, 450 PA
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

back off no one is lying

us humans make mistakes

I assumed drt was talking about the $15M Mutual Option, $1M Buyout for next yr

which I wasn't 100% sure what it meant and had no problem giving drt the benefit of doubt

regardless of the money he's not the guy

he has back issues and no 1B experience
    Thank you Zac.

so this is the guy ya think helps us win a WS?
    we need another ace if it's not a met or madbum should we waste our time we see gray does more harm than good

Happ. Not good.

Is Lasagna really hurt? Ugh. I like him.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Loaisiga had an MRI on shoulder showing inflammation. Going to see Dr Ahmad.

and if that wasn't bad enough

Boone said Cessa will probably start second game in Baltimore.

but we don't need to trade for a pitcher
    with his injury history that is not good, probably going be next yr before we see him again if ever. Atleast were getting Tanaka back this week to take his rotation spot. If he's injured it really screws us because he was a hell of a trade chip or a nice rotation piece long term.

I think were all seeing today Happ isn't the answer to get us an improved chance at winning the division much less improving our shot as winning the WS. They may need to call up Sheffield and see if he can help us the rest of they yr. From what i have seen of Hamels and Happ lately i'd rather they just went with Sheffield the rest of the way.

Even though we getting Tanaka back and even if they called up Shef, i don't know if we can wait another couple weeks to make a trade for a starter if we are going to have a shot at winning the division. With as good as the Soxs are i don't know if we can go another couple turns through the rotation with Gray and Cessa and still have a chance at winning the division. I feel like its almost an automatic loss any game Gray starts and Cessa's not much better.

Its going to take a ton but IMO were at the point where we almost need to give up pretty much whatever it takes short of Torres to get Degrom. If the Mets absolutely refuse to trade with us Cashman needs to try and get Archer. Fulmer, Happ and Hamels aren't the answer and i'm not sure they give us a much better shot at wining the division much less the WS. Giving up the specs its going to cost to acquire one of those guys certainly isn't going to be the best move for us long term. A starter of any quality if going to be expensive prospect wise, we might as well give up more and get a guy thats going to help us for more than just the rest of this season,

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    with his injury history that is not good, probably going be next yr before we see him again if ever. Atleast were getting Tanaka back this week to take his rotation spot. If he's injured it really screws us because he was a hell of a trade chip or a nice rotation piece long term.

I think were all seeing today Happ isn't the answer to get us an improved chance at winning the division much less improving our shot as winning the WS. They may need to call up Sheffield and see if he can help us the rest of they yr. From what i have seen of Hamels and Happ lately i'd rather they just went with Sheffield the rest of the way.

Even though we getting Tanaka back and even if they called up Shef, i don't know if we can wait another couple weeks to make a trade for a starter if we are going to have a shot at winning the division. With as good as the Soxs are i don't know if we can go another couple turns through the rotation with Gray and Cessa and still have a chance at winning the division. I feel like its almost an automatic loss any game Gray starts and Cessa's not much better.

Its going to take a ton but IMO were at the point where we almost need to give up pretty much whatever it takes short of Torres to get Degrom. If the Mets absolutely refuse to trade with us Cashman needs to try and get Archer. Fulmer, Happ and Hamels aren't the answer and i'm not sure they give us a much better shot at wining the division much less the WS. Giving up the specs its going to cost to acquire one of those guys certainly isn't going to be the best move for us long term. A starter of any quality if going to be expensive prospect wise, we might as well give up more and get a guy thats going to help us for more than just the rest of this season,
    sevy does not have his best fastball today no swings and misses.. while he only struck out 6 sox players his last start he has his best fastball the sox were overmatched at the plate..

you have a umpire who has the tiniest strike zone...sevy might be lucky to go just 5 innings today..

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    YES NETWORK: Aaron Boone was asked before the game why Brandon Drury was not playing again and Boone responded “Its probably because he stinks”
    2 rbi today. Are you ready for your beating?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast