Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

I really dislike watching Blakeney play. I liked watching him play that first game but now in the third game it's clear that if he touches the ball he is going to shoot it. It is very very rare that he will pass the ball and it's super ugly to watch. I can only imagine what it's like to play with (especially for guys who are trying to show something here).

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    sooo many ugly turnovers, guys dribble in and dont commit, then look to pass to guys who are moving in the wrong directiong. god.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

the jump was bad but effort was good.

-Rem Koolhaas

I know its summer league, but I think we got a good one in wendell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I really dislike watching Blakeney play. I liked watching him play that first game but now in the third game it's clear that if he touches the ball he is going to shoot it. It is very very rare that he will pass the ball and it's super ugly to watch. I can only imagine what it's like to play with (especially for guys who are trying to show something here).
    He is the epitome of a guy who thinks he is always open and the shot he takes is a good one. Dude has no awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    He is the epitome of a guy who thinks he is always open and the shot he takes is a good one. Dude has no awareness.
    PLaying with guys like that sucks too. You run into these guys at the gym all the time. You basically come to the conclusion you cant pass him the ball or he is gonna shoot it and you play 4-5 vs the opponents. or if he gets the ball 1v5.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    PLaying with guys like that sucks too. You run into these guys at the gym all the time. You basically come to the conclusion you cant pass him the ball or he is gonna shoot it and you play 4-5 vs the opponents. or if he gets the ball 1v5.
    What really sucks with him is that he is a point guard so he can hold the ball hostage for the entire shot clock and then take one of his awful shots.

It was frustrating watching our Guards last season just be selfish and have zero awareness the amount of times Lauri would have a guard on him in the post and not get the ball drove me crazy. Not only is it hurting our team short term but hindering our actual future players development. Hopefully Garpax saw that and address it to get guards who if they aren't apart of the future at least play a role in developing the guys that are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    It was frustrating watching our Guards last season just be selfish and have zero awareness the amount of times Lauri would have a guard on him in the post and not get the ball drove me crazy. Not only is it hurting our team short term but hindering our actual future players development. Hopefully Garpax saw that and address it to get guards who if they aren't apart of the future at least play a role in developing the guys that are.
    to be fair despite our love for Lauri he was also a rok. Lets not pretend he is shaq or dirk down there with a guard on him yet. If he shows ability to step up this year it becomes much different. There is no need to force feed a rok and expect him to have to make a play. Once he becomes that guy I am sure that our guards wont have any issues with mismatches. Its not exactly like either of them are bad or super selfish players.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    to be fair despite our love for Lauri he was also a rok. Lets not pretend he is shaq or dirk down there with a guard on him yet. If he shows ability to step up this year it becomes much different. There is no need to force feed a rok and expect him to have to make a play. Once he becomes that guy I am sure that our guards wont have any issues with mismatches. Its not exactly like either of them are bad or super selfish players.
    I don't see anything about having a 7 footer in the post with a guard on him being considered force feeding a guy. It was just low IQ basketball by our perimeter players not understanding mismatches

Well one of them is gone, Grant, so hopefully they are thinking the same thing.

#team arch!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast