Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I think Manny will eventually be a Philly, been saying this for a while. Although, I think itís more likely he becomes one in the offseason. I think Arizona or LA will get him during the deadline though. Heíd be a good fill in for Seager, too bad he sucks at shortstop.

I also wanted to ask though, what could Matz or Wheeler get in a trade? Mets arenít likely to move deGrom or Syndergaard during the deadline at least
    With deGrom, the Mets were just looking for a huge package and didn't really care what position the top prospect played at. But, there was a lot of speculation about the Yankees or Brewers (the two teams most involved with deGrom) sending over top infield prospects, so I'd expect the Mets to look for just that with Matz. Not a package, but they might actively be seeking an above average infield prospect.

One possible landing spot for Matz is the Braves for a third base prospect, either Rio Ruiz or Austin Riley. The Rockies could also be looking for a starter like Matz and send over Colton Welker or Garrett Hampson. As for Wheeler, there are more health concerns and a lower ceiling, so I would expect something like a mid-level pitching prospect that could crack the Mets top 10. If I were in charge of the Mets front office, I'd hold on to Wheeler and just trade Matz.

Brewers are after Machado.

Rosenthal said MIL/LAD most serious suitors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YungTomat View Post
    I'd take Corey over Manny in a heartbeat, but this is just a guess at what the Dodgers might do based on what they've done in the past. They're still hot for Dozier and most other second basemen with such awful play from Forsythe. But with Taylor being so versatile and the tight NL West race, not to mention the tight Wild Card race that includes 4 teams (Phillies, Cubs, Dodgers, and Cardinals, with the Rockies and Nats on the verge of competing), the Dodgers have the means and reason to be real aggressive for even a rental. I would trade for Gennett and just keep Taylor at short, but that doesn't seem like a very Dodger-eske move. They paid a lot for a rental last year with Darvish and they can easily do it again with Manny this year.

As for the defense, Turner has played second before. I wouldn't recommend him moving back for the remainder of the year, but if the Dodgers want to have him play at third instead of short, that's a possibility. Also Dave Roberts doesn't seem like the man to disregard performance issues, so I think he'll try to avoid putting Manny at short before placing him there ultimately.
    Turner has nearly 1000 innings profesionally at 2nd base where he was one of the worst defenders in baseball, he isn't close to even average. And he was in his 20's then, and hadn't had knee surgery yet. Moving him back to second is a really bad idea.

Giants cleared a little salary cap room prior to the trade deadline by sending Austin Jackson and Cory Gearrin to the Rangers for cash considerations. Very not exciting but might enable them to add an outfielder via trade.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Turner has nearly 1000 innings profesionally at 2nd base where he was one of the worst defenders in baseball, he isn't close to even average. And he was in his 20's then, and hadn't had knee surgery yet. Moving him back to second is a really bad idea.
    That's why I think it makes sense for them to trade for Manny as a shortstop instead of a third baseman, but I'm just saying that's a possibility. I know that Turner belongs at third and would only move to first if being moved at all. That's just one scenario

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Giants cleared a little salary cap room prior to the trade deadline by sending Austin Jackson and Cory Gearrin to the Rangers for cash considerations. Very not exciting but might enable them to add an outfielder via trade.
    Giants could also be freeing up some salary for this offseason. Obviously they'll be one of the most aggressive teams for Harper and need all the money they can free up

Lots of noise around JA Happ. I think he's a shoe in to be dealt but it won't be until deadline day because of his recent struggles. Even if he does end up being dealt for below his value, it has to be done.

Giants could also be freeing up some salary for this offseason. Obviously they'll be one of the most aggressive teams for Harper and need all the money they can free up
    That park is beyond brutal to left-handed power hitters though.

Which is why I am saying that Machado is solely a rental for you guys. He doesn't have a long-term fit on the team, unless you put him at 3B, Turner at 1B and Bellinger in a COF spot. I just don't see it.

I don't know about "obviously."

I don't think that's so obvious and would be quite surprised if they got Harper or Machado. Neither seem like the type of player the Giants would target in a franchise altering deal.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

That park is beyond brutal to left-handed power hitters though.
    Barry Bonds disagrees

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Barry Bonds disagrees

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Barry Bonds had access to...help that other players don't.

Brandon Belt has never hit 20 home runs in a season, I think nearly all of Joe Panik's home runs are on the road, there's a reason for that.

My bad, I shouldn't have said "obviously" for Giants on Bryce Harper. But they were in on Stanton, in on Ozuna, in on McCutchen, and finally landed one of the three. The biggest players for Harper should be the Cubs and Yankees, but I personally expect the Giants to keep a very close eye on the market for Harper this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Lots of noise around JA Happ. I think he's a shoe in to be dealt but it won't be until deadline day because of his recent struggles. Even if he does end up being dealt for below his value, it has to be done.
    Happ is probably going to be the pitcher with the most attention surrounding him. It would've been deGrom, but the Mets now realize they shouldn't be trading him or Syndergaard. Happ is going to go to a playoff team and you're probably right about it being near the end of July as opposed to soon.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast