Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LOb0 View Post
    lol Curry vs Wade.

Wade all day. When Curry's jumper is off in a playoff/finals game, and it has been quite a bit you can defend him. Peak wade was unstoppable and took a pretty bad team to a finals win.

Curry has no comparable feat to that. You think peak Wade would blow a 3-1 lead? Hell no.
    Curry could be 0-55 from the field, and teams will still follow him around like Billy Joel chasing Christie Brinkley in "Uptown Girl" though. He bends defenses more than anyone outside Shaq I have seen. Seriously teams are willing to leave Klay or Durant open in the corner rather than give Curry a look from 29 feet.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Curry could be 0-55 from the field, and teams will still follow him around like Billy Joel chasing Christie Brinkley in "Uptown Girl" though. He bends defenses more than anyone outside Shaq I have seen. Seriously teams are willing to leave Klay or Durant open in the corner rather than give Curry a look from 29 feet.
    Word. He's also averaged like 28/6/6 on a 60% TS in 4 championship runs and has multiple finals records like most 3's and most points in a 4th quarter (multiple times), but who's counting. Curry, somehow, still compels me to defend him on this site here and there.

Wade in his Prime over Curry and it's not really that close!!! Wade got to free throw line whenever he wanted, fast break finisher, created for Teammates, defended other teams Best player..All these things on the Biggest stage.. From a unbiased basketball view point Wade All Day!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    and now the lakers have 'untouchable' young players. wow the homers are out strong this morning.
    I will call a truce because you are a fellow Eagles Phan, but if you listen to most basketball people they consider Ingram and Kuzma future All Stars... Yes I get it Embiid and Simmons are great, but you don't need to Down the Lakers Young Core in order to Lift the Sixers young core. Why can't they both have great young players.. maybe you need to YouTube Ingram and Kuzma, maybe you were sleep in East Coast when Lakers were playing.. Ball 10 7 7 at 19 yrs old is Great Too! And Josh Hart is a BEAST you should know that he played at Villanova
    Last edited by LakersEaglesLA; 07-12-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Word. He's also averaged like 28/6/6 on a 60% TS in 4 championship runs and has multiple finals records like most 3's and most points in a 4th quarter (multiple times), but who's counting. Curry, somehow, still compels me to defend him on this site here and there.
    his around the back pass to Klay that went out of bounds late in game 7 causes the selective memory though. I get it. But that is why we should hop over and take a gander at the numbers before making a claim...

Yes, he has more help than anyone deserves. So what? The dude is ridiculous. My Dad, who hates the NBA, taught me the game growing up. He stopped watching years ago. But he understands the game very well. Not the numbers, but the game. He said he watched about 10 mins of a game this playoffs, and he didn't even see Curry take a shot but was impressed by his away from the ball movement, his ability to create passing angles, his hesitation with the dribble that keeps defenders on their heels at all times, and his ability to create space from nothing. While this is just one man's perception, I take what my Dad says seriously about basketball. We all know these facts already, but within 10 mins, he was able to identify Curry as an amazing player, and that was without him even taking a shot.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersEaglesLA View Post
    I will call a truce because you are a fellow Eagles Phan, but if you listen to most basketball people they consider Ingram and Kuzma future All Stars... Yes I get it Embiid and Simmons are great, but you don't need to Down the Lakers Young Core in order to Lift the Sixers young core. Why can't they both have great young players.. maybe you need to YouTube Ingram and Kuzma, maybe you were sleep in East Coast when Lakers were playing.. Ball 10 7 7 at 19 yrs old is Great Too! And Josh Hart is a BEAST you should know that he played at Villanova
    I mean, Simmons/Embiid take a dump on Ingram/Kuzma as far as potential. Cmon

I mean, Simmons/Embiid take a dump on Ingram/Kuzma as far as potential. Cmon
    Ingram could be better than Simmons this coming season, wow I guess playing in East gets you Overrated.. Kuzma is no Embiid but when you add Ball and Hart that is Great young talent. I know this is a microwave society but are you Really gonna judge these prayers ceilings before they play out their rookie contracts? Ball could still be a Hall of Famer he's Only 19

Quote Originally Posted by LakersEaglesLA View Post
    Ingram could be better than Simmons this coming season, wow I guess playing in East gets you Overrated.. Kuzma is no Embiid but when you add Ball and Hart that is Great young talent. I know this is a microwave society but are you Really gonna judge these prayers ceilings before they play out their rookie contracts? Ball could still be a Hall of Famer he's Only 19
    the Sixers duo is far superior to all the young talent the Lakers have. Embiid is a fixture on the all NBA teams if he stays healthy, we already know that. Simmons just put up crazy numbers for a rookie, all without a jump shot at all. That is relatively easy to at least become acceptable at. This comparison is stupid, the Lakers youngsters haven't shown much yet, Simmons/Embiid are perennial all stars barring injury.

his around the back pass to Klay that went out of bounds late in game 7 causes the selective memory though. I get it. But that is why we should hop over and take a gander at the numbers before making a claim...

Yes, he has more help than anyone deserves. So what? The dude is ridiculous. My Dad, who hates the NBA, taught me the game growing up. He stopped watching years ago. But he understands the game very well. Not the numbers, but the game. He said he watched about 10 mins of a game this playoffs, and he didn't even see Curry take a shot but was impressed by his away from the ball movement, his ability to create passing angles, his hesitation with the dribble that keeps defenders on their heels at all times, and his ability to create space from nothing. While this is just one man's perception, I take what my Dad says seriously about basketball. We all know these facts already, but within 10 mins, he was able to identify Curry as an amazing player, and that was without him even taking a shot.
    The Baker is coming.

And yet all those things cause him to get outperformed by a bench player in the nba finals lol. Itís not just the behind the back pass, heís ****ed up many times.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    haha, awesome

the Sixers duo is far superior to all the young talent the Lakers have. Embiid is a fixture on the all NBA teams if he stays healthy, we already know that. Simmons just put up crazy numbers for a rookie, all without a jump shot at all. That is relatively easy to at least become acceptable at. This comparison is stupid, the Lakers youngsters haven't shown much yet, Simmons/Embiid are perennial all stars barring injury.
    The Lakers youngsters have shown much.. Ball has exact same averages as Jason Kidd rookie year... Kuz averaged 16 points as a Rookie... Ingram Ave 16 in second year, both better than Kawhi and PG13 in their first THREE years.. Hart 40 percent from 3 as a Rookie.. All of this in the Western Conference smh Simmons was a liability in playoffs and Embiid is Very injury prone. There's not as big a gap as you think. Obviously LeBron thinks their potential is GREAT!

Simmons has to learn to shoot or someone who can will take away a lot of his play making responsiblities and his numbers to fall. If he does it lights out but dude has a major hole right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    And yet all those things cause him to get outperformed by a bench player in the nba finals lol. Itís not just the behind the back pass, heís ****ed up many times.
    And Wade doesn't have nearly a good amount of playoff performances to make up for God knows how many Finals Curry will make. Just not even close, actually. Curry just has more impact. He's the greatest shooter in NBA history - that's nothing to scoff at.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    And Wade doesn't have nearly a good amount of playoff performances to make up for God knows how many Finals Curry will make. Just not even close, actually. Curry just has more impact. He's the greatest shooter in NBA history - that's nothing to scoff at.
    Itís funny how quick your stance changes because after Curryís epic choke job in the finals you were laughing at the thought of Curry being near Wade and that was after the unanimous MVP and everything. So now winning as 2nd fiddle on the most stacked team ever has pushed curry over Wade for you?

2005-06 Wade is better than any Curry, 08-09 Wade, 06-07 Wade pre injury, 09-10,10-11, and yes sophomore year 04-05 Wade was better.

Not enough great performances? His 06 Finals trumps all of Curryís finals performances combined by itself. Curry and KD donít get any props for anything they do with the most stacked team ever. Letís see teams guard Wade Kobe LeBron etc in single coverage because their teammates are too good to help off of. We would see ridiculous numbers.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast