Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Fire Sale

The case for trading Jacob deGrom

The return could be tremendous
    Because deGrom is so good, and is under control for two more seasons beyond this one, and would be in a starting market almost devoid of talent, the return should be spectacular.

It's always difficult, if not impossible, to predict what that might be, but we can at least look back to a few recent similar situations to find out.

It might not be a Top 5 prospect for deGrom, just because the teams with those players (like the Blue Jays, Reds, White Sox and Padres) aren't ready to make such a move. But it's easy to see them looking to Milwaukee, led by infielder Keston Hiura (No. 30) and righty Corbin Burnes (No. 56), who was just called up and could step into the Mets' pitching plans immediately. Maybe you bet on blocked young ready-now outfielders like Domingo Santana, Keon Broxton or Brett Phillips.

Imagine the Dodgers worrying about Clayton Kershaw's opt-out and moving names like outfielder Alex Verdugo (No. 27) and catcher Keibert Ruiz (No. 44) to help both this year and in the future. Maybe the Angels have had enough of wasting Mike Trout's prime and are willing to move outfielder Jo Adell (No. 36), who has hit .313/.364/.597 across two levels this year.

Maybe the Yankees get so desperate that you get them to part with Miguel Andujar, Justus Sheffield and/or Clint Frazier. Maybe the Astros, with 40 percent of their rotation headed to free agency, decide to plan ahead and make baseball's best rotation even better, in return for ready-now names like outfielder Kyle Tucker (No. 8) or Yordan Alvarez (No. 51) or pitcher Forrest Whitley (No. 9).
    https://www.mlb.com/news/why-the-met...?tid=282421090

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I see the Reds as the Phils of next year. They could and imo will surprise teams.

But they have to get some starting help first, their offense and pen is good, add deGrom and another guy to that awful rotation and I can see them doing very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I can see the Astros making a huge push. They are stacked in the minors still and are not afraid to deal.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    This team is a disgrace.

Don't worry. He's got this.

On the plus side, he's got a hell of a story to tell at the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    On the plus side, he's got a hell of a story to tell at the bar.
    Like plane crash survivors.

Imagine how many F-ing wins he'd have if it weren't for his F-ing offense, his f-ing bullpen, and his F-ing manager?

Geez.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Seven?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Seven?
    Twelve all together?

Sounds about right.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

This team is a disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    This team is a disgrace
    One useless team is a disgrace....

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    One useless team is a disgrace....
    Two are a law firm...

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Twelve all together?

Sounds about right.
    That would have the Mets in 1st place in the NLE, because at least one or two of those wins would have been against the Braves and/or Phils. Sigh.

https://twitter.com/nypost_mets/stat...449929728?s=21

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast