Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Sale

Fire Sale

So this debacle is over.
    These are the trade pieces, they should start now. Their respective values are higher now than they will be 3 weeks from now.
    Cespedes- I went from love to hate on this *****. Sick of him.
    Bautista- He may need two more hot weeks to establish some value somewhere.
    Blevins- he's a lefty with a resume, there is value here, despite the bad season.
    Familia- I've loved the guy, but he can get us more than 1 guy for him.
    Swarzak- We hardly knew ye...get lost bum.
    Robles-That is if we still have him, stopped paying attention 5 days ago.
    Cabrera-Thanks for your service sir, warrior always played in pain, someone needs this guy.
    Frazier- Thanks for trying, maybe he'll land on a team that will knock off the Yankers.
    Reyes- Not sure who would want him, he may need 3 hot weeks to establish any value.

Let's not wait, let's just blow this ***** up and get ready for 2019 and beyond.

Considering we will probably get bubkus for these guys we may as well just cut them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Dude most of the names on that list are untradable. Who in their right minds would trade anything for Yoenis Cespedes? There's no guarantee he even plays again this year. And why would anyone trade for Jose Reyes? So he can sit on their bench? He's a utility man who can only play one position. Wilmer has a similar problem, except he can't play any position. At least he can swing the bat, though, and an AL team might find him interesting.

The problem is the same as it was last year: anyone with value on this team is going to be traded for nothing but salary relief if they're owed anything substantial. If we can find someone stupid enough to take Cabrera, or Frazier, or even Bruce, we'll get nothing in return, so long as the other team takes on the bulk of the contracts. Because Fred Wilpon is an *******.

Which leaves us with deGrom and Syndergaard. And I don't think our current, interim front office is going to be allowed to trade either guy.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfflicted View Post
    So this debacle is over.
    These are the trade pieces, they should start now. Their respective values are higher now than they will be 3 weeks from now.
    Blevins- he's a lefty with a resume, there is value here, despite the bad season.
    Cabrera-Thanks for your service sir, warrior always played in pain, someone needs this guy.
    Frazier- Thanks for trying, maybe he'll land on a team that will knock off the Yankers.
    Reyes- Not sure who would want him, he may need 3 hot weeks to establish any value.

Let's not wait, let's just blow this ***** up and get ready for 2019 and beyond.
    Hansel was picked by the Halos and on queue in his first appearance promptly gave up a HR. We kept him too long.

The Three Stooges should DFA the over the hill Reyes. Thank you Jose for your service when you were in your prime. Was the best leadoff player in our history and now need a clone of him.

I salute Cabrera 'cause he's a real gamer, but his lateral movement is shot. Solid hitter, but defensive liabilty.

Frazier brought in out of desperation for 3B. Could be valuable as a bench player on a team needing depth.

Flores, bench player vs lefties. Overexposed if played too often. Great guy, poor defensive skills. Plays defense wearing cement shoes.

Sex should be traded, but he has the Mets by the balls with his sweet contract.

Familia IMO, Armando version 2.0.

Blevins has been an asset up until this year. Just can't control his once deadly curve ball. Contract up and has value based on his history.

Who would want Bruce? With his plantar fasciitis and injuries has less value than last year.

There are other tradeable pieces, but these guys stand out

Wheeler, Gsellman and Lugo have some value, only Wheeler has been mentioned in any trade.

Trade Bautista, if possible. Contender could use his bat off the bench or as DH.

Only guys I would keep, unless blown away with top notch talent are Noah, deGrom, Nimmo, Conforto, and Rosario (I expect him to mature into a solid player, but was brought up too soon).

With that said, I cannot see us as a contender for 3, 5 or perhaps 7 years or until the Wilpons sell, which ain't happening in my lifetime.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 07-01-2018 at 01:19 AM.

Well, Hello There!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

I still think guys like Familia and Cabrera should be paired with a most attractive asset like Wheeler/Lugo just to get back a better package.

I donít think anyone would pick up Cespedes. Maybe a team like the Mariners or Angels? Heíd have to prove heís healthy and go to an AL team where he can DH partmaybe a metime. I think a trade like that would be mostly a salary dump, though.

Blevins, Familia, and Swarzak would all net probably a teamís top 30 prospect with Familia getting maybe a top 10 at best.

Bautista is playing well but no team on earth would give you a ranked prospect for him.

Robles should just be DFAíd

Frazier might get you something half decent considering his price tag. I think he would go better in a bigger package.

Lol Reyes

Cabrera probably wonít get you anything good either. Iíd assume that heíd fetch you a teamís top 30 prospect also.

If you trade all the above guys, you might get a teamís top 10 prospect, and like 5 top 30 prospects and another 3-4 throw ins on boom or bust guys.

All in all, weíre not getting ****. If the Mets want to somehow be competitive and hold onto deGrom/Syndergaard then Wheeler, Gsellman, Lugo, Dom and Lagares will have to be traded to get back something decent.

I mentioned it before but I would trade Wheeler/Familia/Cabrera in the same deal considering thatíll probably be the best opportunity to get decent guys (while keeping the core entact) from a team like the Brewers, Indians, or Angels.

So this debacle is over.

So you want to get rid of our garbage* but hold on to the only players of value who might bring a return? Thatís not how this works. Thatís not how any of this works.

Like Gotta said, cut the garbage and trade the value. Thatís what you do in a fire sale.

*Cabrera is not garbage but Iím fairly sure every team with reasonable playoff holes is already set at second or third. I could see such a team eating him as an extra hitter off the bench but thatís not going to net much of s return.

So this debacle is over.

So most of these guys except Familia and maybe Cabrera aren't going to get you a mlb-ready player. Most will get you hard-throwing, Class A/AA relievers - like last year. If you trade all of them there is literally no one to replace them and step into the lineup at CitiField.

Robles was an Angel a week ago.

Okay guys, don't beat me up over it,. I'm basically saying we should start now.
    The secondary point of this is that we need a whole new group of guys. I don't care what we get for these guys if anything. Zero return is an upgrade in some of these cases. I just want this to be a radical Metectomy. After 50 years of watching this team, this group makes me puke. And lets trade the "progressive philosophy" along with the players.
    Oh, one more thing. If I knew I could get away with it. I would punch Mickey Callaway right in his lying mouth for insulting the intelligence of this fanbase.

Talk is now that Wheeler is a guy teams are now interested in.

Imo you keep him as he establishes a better market.

I wish we were the Yankees. It must be nice having every team bend over and spread their cheeks in a trade.

Itís still amazing, Yankees got the best prospect in the game for half a year of Chapman. What will the Mets get for half a year of Familia? Probably a teamís #147th ranked prospect.

What did we get for Bruce? Reed? Walker? Nothing, a bunch of garbage.

Cashman gave up NOTHING and got Stanton. He gave up NOTHING and got Hicks, he gave up NOTHING and got Didi.

Itís ridiculous, and the Mets couldnít get back **** for any of their guys. Not a single impact player/reliever. Must be nice having 27 other teams besides the Mets and Red Sox lining up to lick Cashmanís balls. Iím sick of this ****

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I wish we were the Yankees. It must be nice having every team bend over and spread their cheeks in a trade.

Itís still amazing, Yankees got the best prospect in the game for half a year of Chapman. What will the Mets get for half a year of Familia? Probably a teamís #147th ranked prospect.

Cashman gave up NOTHING and got Stanton. He gave up NOTHING and got Hicks, he gave up NOTHING and got Didi.

Itís ridiculous, and the Mets couldnít get back **** for any of their guys. Not a single impact player/reliever. Must be nice having 27 other teams besides the Mets and Red Sox lining up to lick Cashmanís balls. Iím sick of this ****
    Smart GM who strikes when some guys have low value, but sees their potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Smart GM who strikes when some guys have low value, but sees their potential.

That and Iím confident that 27 teams just have a crush on Cashman. What youíre saying making too much sense to be true.

That and Iím confident that 27 teams just have a crush on Cashman. What youíre saying making too much sense to be true.
    Lol

Sandy was a guy that is just hesitant to make moves fast and act ASAP.

He would wait till he can get the best deal possible and sadly he was almost never active in trade deals outside of the first couple of years when he got rid of some of the vets for prospects.

Fun things happen when youíre willing to eat salary. You can either dump salary or you can acquire talent. You donít get to do both.

The one most likely to be traded would be Cabrera to some playoff bound team. He is on the last year of his contract.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast