Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tigers pitching coach Chris Bosio fired for racial comment

Former Tigers pitching coach Chris Bosio directed a racial slur toward a clubhouse attendant following a game this past week, The Athletic has learned, precipitating his firing Wednesday.

Bosio called the attendant, who is African-American, a “monkey,” according to four team sources. The remark was directed toward the young man, who was collecting towels from the coaches’ room at the time, during a post-game gripe session in which Bosio was lamenting about a pitcher.

During this exchange, Bosio made a derogatory comment about one of the Tigers pitchers and then gestured toward the attendant before adding, “like this monkey here,” the sources said. The attendant pushed back at Bosio for the comment, and an additional team employee witnessed the exchange. Bosio was provided an opportunity to apologize to the attendant after his outburst but declined to do so, according to multiple sources.

These sources spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
    https://theathletic.com/413630/2018/...use-attendant/

What a moron. He's essentially committed career suicide.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

What an idiot. Later, dumbass.

What a stupid ******

Bosio's response:

In his first public comments following his dismissal, Bosio told USA Today on Thursday that he was “in shock” over what had transpired and the 55-year-old former MLB pitcher said that his comments were misinterpreted. Bosio claimed that he was referring to Tigers reliever Daniel Stumpf as “Spider Monkey” because of the strange faces the lefty makes when he works out. Bosio claimed that this is Stumpf’s nickname, and that the clubhouse attendant heard the word “monkey.”

“I’ve got [sic] protect myself someway,’’ Bosio said, according to USA Today, “because this is damaging as hell to me. I’ve got to fight for myself. Everyone knows this is not me. I didn’t use any profanity. There was no vulgarity. The N-word wasn’t used. No racial anything. It was a comment, and a nickname we used for a player.

“This kid and I had a great relationship. This kid played jokes on me all spring, and I told him, ‘Now you’re offended, because you heard the word ‘monkey,’ or ‘spider monkey,’ and it’s not even directed at you.’’
    “We crack fat jokes on our trainer every day. All kinds of things are said in a baseball clubhouse. And for this to happen to me?

“I don’t know what else to say, but I know I don’t deserve this.’’

Stumpf told The Detroit Free Press Thursday night that he was not aware of that nickname. All four sources who spoke to The Athletic disputed Bosio’s account.

He also tried lying about it after the fact and is trying to say he was talking about Daniel Stumpf, a white reliever lol.

The Tigers brass had no issue getting rid of him instantly. He clearly directed it at this employee. Let me reiterate....what an idiot.

Sorry Rush, just noticed your post after mine.

Can’t believe this guy. Even Stumpf says he’s not aware of the nickname lmao

Pretty dumb. Some guys out there still think they can get away with saying **** like this nowadays. He likely lied on top of it too.

Dumb but so is society... I can almost promise he wasnt trying to be racist but my god if you call any black person a monkey its as bad as calling them the N word in todays super sensitive world... Now clearly no names should be called but this shouldnt be career suicide like it will be all because instantly any and everything is racism.

I really wish the dude he called a monkey was white or asian just to see the backlash or lack there of of course... Oh thats right there wouldnt be any because a monkey can only be a black person and the only racism that we put under a microscope in todays world is anything directed at a black person.

That all being said hes an idiot. He ****ed up... His career is over because he made a stupid mistake in the heat of the moment even though there is 0 track record ever of anything racist from him.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 06-29-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Spider monkey?

Was he watching old episodes of bangbuss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Dumb but so is society... I can almost promise he wasnt trying to be racist but my god if you call any black person a monkey its as bad as calling them the N word in todays super sensitive world... Now clearly no names should be called but this shouldnt be career suicide like it will be all because instantly any and everything is racism.

I really wish the dude he called a monkey was white or asian just to see the backlash or lack there of of course... Oh thats right there wouldnt be any because a monkey can only be a black person and the only racism that we put under a microscope in todays world is anything directed at a black person.

That all being said hes an idiot. He ****ed up... His career is over because he made a stupid mistake in the heat of the moment even though there is 0 track record ever of anything racist from him.
    Yup.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I know a white guy who’s nickname is Monkey because he actually does look like a monkey.

Then how come nobody on the coaching staff fought for him whatsoever? Gardenhire agreed with the decision and flat out said they had no choice but to fire him. Tells me it was a lot worse than just a miscommunication

You’re trying to spin this into something that it’s not. He didn’t call an asian person a monkey and youre getting mad at some nonexistent scenario.

ONK is also right, nobody is sticking up for him, the reliever wasn’t aware of the nickname, etc. Bosio’s an idiot, that much we can all agree on but take this situation for what it is, not what you want it to be.

Tigers pitching coach Chris Bosio fired for racial comment

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Then how come nobody on the coaching staff fought for him whatsoever? Gardenhire agreed with the decision and flat out said they had no choice but to fire him. Tells me it was a lot worse than just a miscommunication
    Bc he would be targeted and shamed by the PC police. Best thing an organization can do is to stay low and not incite additional controversy.

I doubt Bosio sad it bc he is a racist, but it was insensitive. Nowadays being the insensitive makes you a racist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast