Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Trade Rumors? (yes, already)

So, I figured with the slump we are in right now, we might as well start a trade rumor thread. I just read an article on a Yankees site that they are going after Fulmer. They mention Adams/Frazier and say they don't think we could pull Florial. My offer to them would be:

Justus Sheffield, LHP
    Jonathan Lagisiga, RHP
    Abiatal Avelino, SS or Garrett Whitlock, RHP

They don't really have a lot in position players that I like and even Florial is more potential than substance so I'd go the route of pitching for pitching. Clint Frazier to me always seems to be the name mentioned but given his chances he really hasn't done much. Avelino is a kid that isn't in the top 30 but has performed really well the last two years. Great defense, great speed on the base paths, and is hitting really well. Sheffield is a solid 2-3 starter and is a LH guy we need. Lagisiga is up already and has pitched pretty well. He's small and young but I think he can develop into a top 2-3 guy. Both Sheffield and Lagisiga have potential to be 1-2 also so I think you get your money's worth on Fulmer in that trade.

I'd want an OF, a middle infielder and a starting pitcher preferably left handed.

I like Sheffield too and would seem to be in line with getting as many kids of former MLB players as we can.

I don't know why I keep wanting to get Billy McKinney from them but I always seem to gravitate towards his name.

Dream package would be Florial, Sheffield and Torreyes. We really need a couple of teams not the Yankees to step up and get DeGrom and Syndegarrd off the Mets' hands.

I know two top 100s is a reach for Fulmer, but I did say "Dream Package"

A more likely scenario for Fulmer:

He hits the DL and is untradeable. He struggles to regain his past form and we let him walk in FA. He signs with the Yankees and goes on to win the CY Young.

Now, now Whooli lets stay positive brother.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    A more likely scenario for Fulmer:

He hits the DL and is untradeable. He struggles to regain his past form and we let him walk in FA. He signs with the Yankees and goes on to win the CY Young.
    Extremely likely

Tigers need to unload everyone on their 25 man roster.

Quote Originally Posted by dddtfan View Post
    I'd want an OF, a middle infielder and a starting pitcher preferably left handed.

I like Sheffield too and would seem to be in line with getting as many kids of former MLB players as we can.

I don't know why I keep wanting to get Billy McKinney from them but I always seem to gravitate towards his name.

Dream package would be Florial, Sheffield and Torreyes. We really need a couple of teams not the Yankees to step up and get DeGrom and Syndegarrd off the Mets' hands.

I know two top 100s is a reach for Fulmer, but I did say "Dream Package"
    now let's nab Tatis and Vlad JR while we're at it

forgot about Bichette too

crazy how many sons of former players are up and coming studs right now

Sounds like LA Angels, Philly, and SD (?) have entered into the Fulmer exploratory option. I would suspect that the Cubs would be there also due to poor SP on their part. Any other teams you think might be interested?

It really sucks that the pieces we needed to be healthy and productive are falling like rocks: Greene, Martin, and Lariano. ON the flip side Iggy is increasing his trade ability. Could Zimm be a target now that he's back on track? Just getting out of his contract would help. The only true trade guys remain Fulmer, Boyd, McCann, and Nick. Will be interesting to see if AA can do anything with them.

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Sounds like LA Angels, Philly, and SD (?) have entered into the Fulmer exploratory option. I would suspect that the Cubs would be there also due to poor SP on their part. Any other teams you think might be interested?

It really sucks that the pieces we needed to be healthy and productive are falling like rocks: Greene, Martin, and Lariano. ON the flip side Iggy is increasing his trade ability. Could Zimm be a target now that he's back on track? Just getting out of his contract would help. The only true trade guys remain Fulmer, Boyd, McCann, and Nick. Will be interesting to see if AA can do anything with them.
    Trade Fulmer for Trout.

Supposedly the Dodgers are interested in Fulmer. If there is an LA team to trade with its preferably the Dodgers and not the Angels. At least I would think so anyway.

A. Do not trade Fulmer to the Yankees without getting Gleybor Torres in the deal. They have so much hitting on that team that they need to give up talent for talent. Gleybor Torres and Justus Sheffield for Fulmer or no deal.

B. I would almost consider a swap of Fulmer to the Dodgers for Cody Bellinger. He could be our first baseman going forward, hes got a ton of power, and Cabrera can become the DH.

Preferred offers:
    Fulmer to the Yankees for Gleybor Torres (2B) and Luis Medina (P)

Fulmer to the Dodgers for Cody Bellinger1B/OF)
    Fulmer to the Dodgers for Alex Verdugo (OF) and Keibert Ruiz (C)

Fulmer to the Angels for Kevin Maitan (SS) and Griffen Canning (P)

Fulmer to the Brewers for Keston Hiura (2b) and Jake Gatewood (1B)

All those scenarios would be huge returns for Fulmer. He may be having a bit of a down year, but the talent is there and everyone knows it. His asking price needs to be sky high or we keep him.
    Last edited by drewstantontime; 07-05-2018 at 06:21 AM.

No thanks on Maitan, he seems like his star is fading a bit. Id rather they went for Adell even if the second piece wasnt as good.

No playoff caliber team will trade young ubber talented starters from their 25 man roster for Fulmer. Those trades aren't even realistic.

Maitan is only 18, hes having a "down year" but considering his age hes got time to come around. Hes been a really good player. I dont think we need anymore outfielders unless its a potential superstar. Adell wont be in the big leagues for awhile either. Hes young but he is having a nice year.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    No playoff caliber team will trade young ubber talented starters from their 25 man roster for Fulmer. Those trades aren't even realistic.
    I disagree. Aside from Gleybor Torress and Cody Bellinger, no one I mentioned is in the majors yet. Cody Bellinger could get traded for a young top pitcher who is cheap and controllable through 2022. Bellinger is cheap and controllable through 2023. How does trading and A for an A not make any sense? The point is, as I mentioned, the tigers need to get a huge package of players for Fulmer. Nobody thinks the Mets are really going to trade Sybdergaard or Degrom, making Fulmer the best option on the trade market for pitching. Hes a very very good pitcher who is on the cheap for 4 seasons. Clearly you're undervaluing his worth. Go back and look at the trade that sent Jose Quintana to the Cubs for Eloy Jiminez, Dylan Cease, Matt Rose, and Bryant Flete. That was a huge haul for Quintana, who had a 4.49 ERA at the time of the trade, makes a ton more money than Fulmer, and is a free agent much sooner than Fulmer as well.
    Teams are well aware of the asking price to obtain Fulmer, and they are still sending scouts to watch him and doing their due diligence. Somebody is going to pay for him and they are going to pay a lot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast