Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    You're going to define a 22 year old's role to the pen? I'd trade Wacha in the offseason. I'd also look to trade Ozuna...Not sure if we'd get much for him though.
    I think his future is shut down closer, that's useful to have.

I don't like what would happen to him as a starter. He reminds me too much of Chapman.

O'Neill has to be up full time next year, I could also see Mercado get a chance to make the team.
    So what happens to the rest of the outfield?
    Ozuna, Pham, and Fowler. All deserve or are being paid to be full time players.

We'll see how these three do in the second half, but all have under performed this year.

Trade Ozuna and Wacha and get some bats in our farm system. Also, Kelly has to be traded. He is being absolutely wasted and can net us a decent return.
    Kelly isn't hitting still at the MLB, he does fine at AAA though. I dunno that he needs to be moved.

We'll see how the second half plays out.

Ozuna, like they said on air just now. He is making a lot of loud outs on the year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    i still think long-term is to get bats into the system. gorman looks good, perez while never going to be a lindor, machado, correra type is showing promise again. can be a stud defensively and a TOTOB type of player.

cardinals dont have to fold up shop, fold but they have to build around what they have coming and what they control on the roster, mainly the arms they have even if it means moving Carlos which would make me sad to get a return to your system.

i look at it like this

bader, oniell, dejong are young enough to build around now and be "vets" when gorman and perez come calling in the next 2-4 years. yes im saying gorman will be an expanded roster call-up in two more seasons he will move that fast. i see perez a little behind, could break camp the following year with the team or be called up during the season.
    I'd look at Delvin to start popping up potentially in the bigs around 2021, at the earliest. Not playing full time until 2022. He'd have to take dramatic leaps forward for him to move that up. He has a lot of stuff to work on still in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    The trade is miles and miles away when considering what the Yankees have said. They have publicly stated that Torres is 100% untradeable for 2 years now. It is certainly even more impossible since they have a GLARING hole at 2B, and one of the top 3 in all of baseball once he gets back from injury. Neil Walker is hitting under .200 for them. Torres would be an absolute LOCK for AL roy without Ohtani's popularity in the mix. There's no chance that organization would ever move him now that he's broken into the big leagues the way he has. If he stays healthy the rest of the year, he'll probably hit 30 hr's.
    Exactly.

when throwing trade ideas out there, people have to consider what other teams actually want.

Rodgers? Rockies have LeMahieu walking this year. He's their second basemen next year with Story at short and Arenado at third.

Contenders that would consider moving a top 25 prospect (MLB.com top 25)

1. Vlad - Jays aren't good, will become a rebuilding team and will take third next year (Donaldson)
    2. Jimenez - Rebuilding team
    3. Tatis - Rebuilding team
    4. Senzel - Rebuilding team
    5. Robles - Will play right next year (Harper)
    6. Rodgers - Will play second next year (LeMehiu)
    7. Bichette - See above and they have openings at second and third
    8. Tucker - They say they won't trade him, but I think they would. Don't need any starters though.
    9. Whitley - They say they won't trade him, but I think they would. Possibly for outfield help
    10. Kopech - Rebuilding team
    11. Lewis - Rebuilding team
    12. Keller - Will need him
    13. Gore - Rebuilding team
    14. Soroka - Won't trade him
    15. Mejia - Rebuilding team
    16. Reyes - That's us
    17. Honeywell - Won't trade him
    18. Greene - Won't trade him
    19. Adames - Won't trade him
    20. Luzardo - Won't trade him
    21. McKenzie - Unlikely they'd move him, but possibly?
    22. McKay - Won't trade him
    23. Sanchez - Won't trade him unless it's for a win now position player, otherwise he's gonna slot into their rotation next year
    24. Robert - Rebuilding team
    25. Wright - Won't trade him

So the Astros have a couple of guys they might consider, but they have so far refused to trade either guy the last two deadlines, it's gonna take something special. Tucker could be their right fielder next year, and Whitley could slot into the rotation in Morton or Keuchel's place next year.

Specifically looking at position players though?

So Kyle Tucker fits into what you guys are talking about, but Luhnow has been clear about not trading him the last two years.

Looking further down the list.

I'd think the Dodgers will want to keep Verdugo to take right next year from Puig (or at least in the long term) and didn't trade him for Machado.

Yankees might be willing to trade Florial?

Astros might trade Alvarez as well, but now we are outside of the top 50

If you guys really wanted to tear this thing down (and I disagree with this assessment).

The lightning in a bottle trade that could happen, would be Martinez to the Braves for Allard, Anderson, and Fried

That is a trade that could make sense for both sides

Braves are coming on strong and should be competitive for a long time, and having a solid front line pitcher for the next four years for cheap is every thing.

They have a million starting pitching prospects, but none are sure things. To place the bets on a few of the higher level (but not their best) and cash those in for a sure thing would make sense for them.

Allard is the 48th best prospect in the MLB, but the Braves fourth best starting pitching prospect
    Ian Andereson is the 43rd best prospect in the MLB, but the Braves fifth best starting pitching prospect (depends where you look of course - John Sickels has these guys ranked this way)
    Fried is the 70th best prospect in the MLB, but the Braves sixth best starting prospect

This gives the Braves a 2019 rotation of

1. Martinez
    2. Foltynewicz
    3. Teheran
    4. Newcomb
    5. Gohara/Wright/Soroka depending on health and dominance at the time.

They just have so many pitching prospects, that cashing them in for a sure thing would be incredible.

They would own all these guys through 2023 except Teheran (2020).

That's pretty incredible for them.

And we just beefed up our rotation in the long term ten-fold. And the Braves new GM, AA loves to trade away his prospects, it's what he did in Toronto for years. We could probably exchange one of those pitchers for Austin Riley instead of course, but the point here for the Braves would be to cash in some chips for a dominating pitcher for a long term that has shown he can do it at this level.

Still, top prospects are hard to trade for. What the Padres gave up for Mejia was a lot. But it made sense for both squads completely.

im not rooting for this team to lose games ever, that said they need a direction and if the cubs bury us followed by the reds dotting our headstone i'd probably be happy because then this FO knows what it HAS to do.

honestly the worst thing for this team not only this year but going forward is to hit the last week of july right where they are now...

would this team ripping off a 8 game win streak excite me? hell yes it would but its not happening.

this franchise needs drastic change in players, attitude and coaches. if jose doesnt want to be head coach then he can go too. this team is too comfortable cashing paychecks instead of doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyballgame View Post
    Carlos Martinez & Jose Martinez for Torres & Andujar.

Yankees arent moving Torres ever and getting Torres who is better than Mancado as the centerpiece for martinez who isnt as good as sale is laughable.

This fan base, every fan base always over rates their own.

realistically what you are looking at if the yankees called is Andujar, Frazier, and Sheffield. Bat prospect, a #3/2 pitcher and a bat that was once highly considered but has no place to play on that team.

you deman torres, the yankees hangup and call tampa about archer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Exactly.

when throwing trade ideas out there, people have to consider what other teams actually want.

Rodgers? Rockies have LeMahieu walking this year. He's their second basemen next year with Story at short and Arenado at third.

Contenders that would consider moving a top 25 prospect (MLB.com top 25)

1. Vlad - Jays aren't good, will become a rebuilding team and will take third next year (Donaldson)
    2. Jimenez - Rebuilding team
    3. Tatis - Rebuilding team
    4. Senzel - Rebuilding team
    5. Robles - Will play right next year (Harper)
    6. Rodgers - Will play second next year (LeMehiu)
    7. Bichette - See above and they have openings at second and third
    8. Tucker - They say they won't trade him, but I think they would. Don't need any starters though.
    9. Whitley - They say they won't trade him, but I think they would. Possibly for outfield help
    10. Kopech - Rebuilding team
    11. Lewis - Rebuilding team
    12. Keller - Will need him
    13. Gore - Rebuilding team
    14. Soroka - Won't trade him
    15. Mejia - Rebuilding team
    16. Reyes - That's us
    17. Honeywell - Won't trade him
    18. Greene - Won't trade him
    19. Adames - Won't trade him
    20. Luzardo - Won't trade him
    21. McKenzie - Unlikely they'd move him, but possibly?
    22. McKay - Won't trade him
    23. Sanchez - Won't trade him unless it's for a win now position player, otherwise he's gonna slot into their rotation next year
    24. Robert - Rebuilding team
    25. Wright - Won't trade him

So the Astros have a couple of guys they might consider, but they have so far refused to trade either guy the last two deadlines, it's gonna take something special. Tucker could be their right fielder next year, and Whitley could slot into the rotation in Morton or Keuchel's place next year.

Specifically looking at position players though?

So Kyle Tucker fits into what you guys are talking about, but Luhnow has been clear about not trading him the last two years.

Looking further down the list.

I'd think the Dodgers will want to keep Verdugo to take right next year from Puig (or at least in the long term) and didn't trade him for Machado.

Yankees might be willing to trade Florial?

Astros might trade Alvarez as well, but now we are outside of the top 50

If you guys really wanted to tear this thing down (and I disagree with this assessment).

The lightning in a bottle trade that could happen, would be Martinez to the Braves for Allard, Anderson, and Fried

That is a trade that could make sense for both sides

Braves are coming on strong and should be competitive for a long time, and having a solid front line pitcher for the next four years for cheap is every thing.

They have a million starting pitching prospects, but none are sure things. To place the bets on a few of the higher level (but not their best) and cash those in for a sure thing would make sense for them.

Allard is the 48th best prospect in the MLB, but the Braves fourth best starting pitching prospect
    Ian Andereson is the 43rd best prospect in the MLB, but the Braves fifth best starting pitching prospect (depends where you look of course - John Sickels has these guys ranked this way)
    Fried is the 70th best prospect in the MLB, but the Braves sixth best starting prospect

This gives the Braves a 2019 rotation of

1. Martinez
    2. Foltynewicz
    3. Teheran
    4. Newcomb
    5. Gohara/Wright/Soroka depending on health and dominance at the time.

They just have so many pitching prospects, that cashing them in for a sure thing would be incredible.

They would own all these guys through 2023 except Teheran (2020).

That's pretty incredible for them.

And we just beefed up our rotation in the long term ten-fold. And the Braves new GM, AA loves to trade away his prospects, it's what he did in Toronto for years. We could probably exchange one of those pitchers for Austin Riley instead of course, but the point here for the Braves would be to cash in some chips for a dominating pitcher for a long term that has shown he can do it at this level.

Still, top prospects are hard to trade for. What the Padres gave up for Mejia was a lot. But it made sense for both squads completely.

Im not giving away Martinez for more arms in the system. This team has no problem developing and finding them in that department.

like i said in the post above this one, if the yankees call. Andujar , Frazier and Sheffield is more than fair for both sides. You get two young major leaguers that were prospects this time last year and an arm ideally if he pans out to fit around flaherty, and whoever else is left. if the cards need more then they can look at everson pereira who sits 21st in their farm system according to mlb.com

trading from a strength to add to a system strength just sounds like a nightmare and something this franchise has been or would love to do. if you trade carlos for minor league pitchers, just keep him he has more value to us in that scenario than otherwise. you trade from a strength to address a weakness, not to reset your strength.

as far as the rockies go they have nobody in the rotation and really no money tied into that area either. they can keep dj on a 3-4 year deal, still have control on story and move rodgers. its not like they have 180 million currently tied up in bad contracts. their best pitcher from last year is in the minors, i mean if they want a starter and they desperately need one after investing in the bullpen, every suitor is asking for rodgers.
    Last edited by Farty Farts; Today at 03:07 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567