Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    I would

1. we have no LH bats in the middle of the lineup. Our best lefty hits leadoff, i have no faith in dexter anymore
    But Moose is a downgrade over what we have.

If you just want a left handed hitter in the middle of the lineup, go get Matt Adams back, who is a superior hitter and will cost nothing to acquire.
    https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...yers=9393,4892
    2. if you make the playoffs, do you think teams fear maybe having to use their top lefty once a game with off days in-between to get carp out?
    Carpenter isn't exactly bad against lefties, he is a career 111 wRC+ against them.

3. We're getting Dejong back, Carp has no arm. everything he throws is lofted soft toss. carp can play second, also go to first in late games.
    I think he is more than adequate at third.

I would have Martinez play first, Carpenter third with Gyroko spelling days off at second and third for Carpenter and Wong, and occasionally letting Carpenter play first and Martinez get the day off.

you have to balance your lineup and moose batting 5th pushing molina, dejong to likely 6th or 7th lengthens your lineup and makes teams use their bullpen, even for one more additional arm. that second lefty may get moose out but is he or the righty that follows guaranteed no to implode?no. doesnt mean he will either but its playing the law of averages. moose is a far safer play than throwing it all in for machado or getting castellanos who cant play 3rd. carp has proven again this year he cant hit anywhere but 1st and a little 2nd. ever since they put him back up there, yet again he has taken off. its nonsense to argue that he can bat anywhere.
    Moose in the 5 spot isn't an upgrade for our team.

So far this year, our 5 spot is hitting .260/.318/.447
    Moose is hitting .255/.310/.467

Molina and DeJong have been hit better than Moose this year. If we did acquire him, he would be relegated to a bench bat or the 7 or 8 hitter.

And he doesn't clear up space or anything. He just gives us more of a log jam at third, a position where we have 3 quality players available to play everyday (DeJong, Carpenter, and Gyroko)

Moose does hit home runs, but he also creates a ton of outs. While I wouldn't hate to have him on our roster, he isn't really an upgrade for us.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I think it's getting pretty close to just shop Pham and get him out of here, maybe get a BP arm for him and put Bader out there full time and call O'Neill up and him get the full time starts in RF with Fowler being the bench guy to have spot starts to give the starters rest.

maybe pham for britton and prospect. though looking at their system.....oof...how are you this bad and have no help coming?

Pham proved in April he can carry a team when he's hot. And he's still super cheap. Unless the team can get an meaningful bat with a little control left or top 25-50 overall prospect for him, i don't think he should be moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Pham proved in April he can carry a team when he's hot. And he's still super cheap. Unless the team can get an meaningful bat with a little control left or top 25-50 overall prospect for him, i don't think he should be moved.

im not knocking him. hes had one year and a great month. dont think on any planet thats worth a top 25-50 overall prospect or meaningful bat. not attacking you but thats post dispatch level board talk

He's not in our long term goals and can probably fetch us a decent bp arm, something we need. We have plenty of young guys like Bader and Mercado who can play better than what Pham is giving us and can prove to be in our future plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

maybe pham for britton and prospect. though looking at their system.....oof...how are you this bad and have no help coming?
    They gotta trade Machado and get something...They gotta be big time sellers this deadline and take the White Sox approach.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

The problem selling Pham, is we would be selling him low. Not typically the best way to maximize return.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    The problem selling Pham, is we would be selling him low. Not typically the best way to maximize return.
    Well, we could have sold high on him but we didn't. I mean who would have thought he'd struggle seeing again?

We have no help coming? We have a ton of help coming. More than most organizations.

And you want to trade 4 years of Pham for half a year of Britton?

im not knocking him. hes had one year and a great month. dont think on any planet thats worth a top 25-50 overall prospect or meaningful bat. not attacking you but thats post dispatch level board talk
    3.5 years of control over a guy who has put up 6.6 rWAR over his last 200 games...

It's like a carousel of which Cards player you guys wanna trade that week.

It changes every week.

You hate Carpenter, Pham, Martinez, Gyroko, Wacha, Wong, Fowler, etc.

It changes with the week, it's pretty incredible

They gotta trade Machado and get something...They gotta be big time sellers this deadline and take the White Sox approach.
    We aren't as weak as the Sox were when they did that rebuild

Well, we could have sold high on him but we didn't. I mean who would have thought he'd struggle seeing again?
    Well, the good news is we have another 3.5 years to see him resurge before making that really poor decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's like a carousel of which Cards player you guys wanna trade that week.

It changes every week.

You hate Carpenter, Pham, Martinez, Gyroko, Wacha, Wong, Fowler, etc.

It changes with the week, it's pretty incredible

i dont hate or love anyone truth be told. i want to be good or bad. your ideas are keeping the status quo of the past two years and having a roster of platooners. not gonna win ****.

i dont hate or love anyone truth be told. i want to be good or bad. your ideas are keeping the status quo of the past two years and having a roster of platooners. not gonna win ****.
    If you think that, then you haven't actually read any of my posts.

We can make marginal, low risk moves both directions that can improve the team. Considering we are on the cusp of being a playoff team with much improvement. We don't have to make large sacrifices to be in the playoffs.

And if we do instead, need to sell off, we don't have to sell every single asset in order to improve the organization in the long run.

6-10 through the gauntlet so far. Dont win two in AZ. Time to blow it up. Amything less than 8-11 aftrr this series is a failure. Beating the reds means nothing in the are they or arent they argument

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast