Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    https://www.southsidesox.com/2018/7/...te-july-2-2018

"Miguel Tejada Jr., relentlessly linked to the White Sox, apparently will not be signing with Chicago."

It has to be the money, the kid wants to get paid I'm sure
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    From the 5 International's we signed I think 3 are from Cuba.....Are you hearing or know if Jose Abreu helped in the signings??
    Doubtful he was directly involved. But having him, Moncada and Robert canít hurt the Sox. Plus guys like Contreras, El Duque, Alexei and Viciedo from the past. The Sox have a connection with Cuba that will continue to pay off.

Avi has been bananas since coming back. If he keeps it up he'll definitely regain any lost trade value. If the Sox don't get what they want for him I'm fine keeping him, just turned 27 and while the power probably isn't reliable, he's just a decent hitter overall something the Sox don't have much of. You can easily lock Avi in for 3-4 years without breaking the bank if that's the route they want to go.

Yeah they just have to figure out what guys they want to build around. Avi is such a tantalizing player. I'd put him on the block like you said and see what teams will give up for him, just like Abreu. They both are free agents after next season. Right now I'd put their trade chips (guys they'd actually trade IMO) in terms of value like this.

1. Jose Abreu
    2. Avi Garcia
    3. Joakim Soria
    4. James Shields
    5. Nate Jones
    6. Matt Davidson
    7. Luis Avilan

Hector Gomez

BREAKING NEWS: Son of former MLB player Miguel Tejada, tested positive for steroid Stanozolol. Player was about to sign a with Chicago White Sox, but the team decided not to sign Tejada JR due to positive test.

Thereís the reason he didnít sign.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Hector Gomez

BREAKING NEWS: Son of former MLB player Miguel Tejada, tested positive for steroid Stanozolol. Player was about to sign a with Chicago White Sox, but the team decided not to sign Tejada JR due to positive test.

Thereís the reason he didnít sign.
    I believe a lot of the international kids are tainted with PED's, because the risk reward!....But there is no excuse Tajeda Jr, believe his old man saved a few bucks from his long career....

Houston is being linked to Abreu.........I think i like the kid Yordan Alverez and maybe Springer would be a package we could live with. You could move Springer later for more prospects...

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Springer has more value than Abreu...thatís not happening. As mentioned before, Alvarez is a good starting point for Abreu though.

anything regarding interest in Avi? He is really helping his value right now.

I think the Sox need to decide if they are going to extend him, if not, trade him now while he is hot and coming off a nice year in 17.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Houston is being linked to Abreu.........I think i like the kid Yordan Alverez and maybe Springer would be a package we could live with. You could move Springer later for more prospects...
    Wait Springer as in George Springer?

avi pulled w/ tight hamstring. same as the one that landed him on the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital G View Post
    anything regarding interest in Avi? He is really helping his value right now.

I think the Sox need to decide if they are going to extend him, if not, trade him now while he is hot and coming off a nice year in 17.
    100% with you on this. Do they think all the OF depth they have in the minors could be the future of the OF with Eloy and Robert being the two big names that will be in the OF by early 2020 together at the latest? Then guys like Rutherford, Basabe, Booker, Adolfo, Call, Fisher or L. Gonzalez can fill the last two spots (1 being a starter and the other a bench guy).

Teams have to notice the strides he made last year that have carried over and he's in the middle of a monster stretch right now.

These are the guys right now that the Sox should be pushing into the market.

James Shields (Has about $5M left on his last year w/ a $1M buyout that SD pays for a $16M option next year)
    Joakim Soria (Has about $3.5M left on his last year w/ a $1M buyout for a $10M option)
    Luis Avilan (Has about $1M left w/ another year of arbitration left)
    Jose Abreu (Has about $6M left w/ another year of arbitration left)
    Avi Garcia (Has about $3M left w/ another year of arbitration left)
    Hector Santiago
    Matt Davidson

I'm not saying they'll trade them all, but they should at least put them out there.

I am curious as to what Houston would give up for Abreu.

I hate to move him, but this team is so bad ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Was just talking about this with a buddy. Hereís an offer Iíd do for Abreu and Avilan.

Astros get: Jose Abreu, Luis Avilan

White Sox get: Yordan Alvarez 1B/OF (#3), Cionel Perez LHP (#6), Jonathan Arauz SS (#21), Abraham Toro-Hernandez 3B (#28)

Those rankings are based on MLB Pipelineís top prospects.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast