Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the dodgers got hosed in the Machado trade?....just for a rental
    Yes and no. At face value yes, bc they have zero guarantee this gives them leverage to resign him.

But, they are a team built to win now. Especially with the emergence of Muncy out of the blue. Their offense is no joke. If they win the WS the trade will be well worth it.

Time will tell, I'm just glad it wasn't the Sox paying that price
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the dodgers got hosed in the Machado trade?....just for a rental
    I don't think they got hosed at all.............They gave quantity over quality.......Baltimore proves once again they are clueless.....

If the Dodgers win it all then I guess you have to say no. Anything less than that ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Wow.........The Indians gave up one of the best prospects in baseball for 2 relievers...I love this from the Padres side. I'm sorry I do not give up that kid for Hand and the other reliever.......I know they have them both under team control,but still i question this move.

As far as the Sox......I don't see them being able to do much at this deadline.....They aren't going to get anything for Shields,for that matter I don't see them getting much for Soria either,but I want them to move him,so we can finish with the worst record in baseball and get the 1st pick. Who ever trades for Soria will not use him as a closer,more so 7th and 8th innings.Everyone knows they wont move Abreu and Avi is basically hurt ......Unless they think outside of the box i don't see anything happening of any consequence...Sanchez has good value in my opinion and if you package him with maybe Rodon (thinking outside of the box) you can get really good value back....You have to determine is Rodon part of the core and if he is singable long term if not you test the market with him...

Soria and Shields are not going to win anyone a division, but they have some value. I would try and package them for the best return, which you are correct will be minimal. Kopech, Stephens and or Hamilton can be brought up to take their places.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Ok....If that's a true ,then why haven't they signed him to an extension? He loves it here,they love him here..........What's the holdup? He's already done a "hometown" discount through arbitration.....I figure he will do it again...
    He didnít take hometown discounts in arbitration. Heís made $1.8M more than the contract he originally signed.

Iím not saying that means anything and $1.8M so far isnít killing the team or anything, but he didnít take a hometown discount.

I think an extension, if there is one, will come this winter. Maybe they tack on 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Soria and Shields are not going to win anyone a division, but they have some value. I would try and package them for the best return, which you are correct will be minimal. Kopech, Stephens and or Hamilton can be brought up to take their places.
    Yeah I agree. Luis Avilan is another guy. Teams like to pair up RP in trades. Like the Sox did with Kahnle and DRob last year.

Avilan can go too, I'd listen on Yolmer also.

As for Rodon, I have been back and forth on him. Right now I'd keep him and see what he can do for the rest of the year. He and Lopez make a nice 1-2. I can't honestly wish them to lose 100+ games but ... it's probably going to happen anyway.
    I don't see the Sox overtaking Baltimore or KC for #1.

http://www.tankathon.com/mlb
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I'm to the point where I'd trade almost anybody for the right price. That said.....Moncada & Lopez would be almost untouchable. Abreu, Rodon and Anderson would take multiple top 5 prospects to get. Giolito,Avi, and Sanchez for the right price. The rest could be had easily.
    Last edited by coconut; Today at 02:02 PM.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    He didnít take hometown discounts in arbitration. Heís made $1.8M more than the contract he originally signed.

Iím not saying that means anything and $1.8M so far isnít killing the team or anything, but he didnít take a hometown discount.

I think an extension, if there is one, will come this winter. Maybe they tack on 2 years.
    He didn't push it...He would have gotten more in Arbitration, that's what i meant.

I would not go more then 2 years...That puts him through 2021....And the window for "winning" starts then. So now you see why I would move him as soon as i get a fair offer.

Giolitto seems like another Gavin Floyd to me. I wouldn't be upset if he was included in a package.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234