Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Was just talking about this with a buddy. Hereís an offer Iíd do for Abreu and Avilan.

Astros get: Jose Abreu, Luis Avilan

White Sox get: Yordan Alvarez 1B/OF (#3), Cionel Perez LHP (#6), Jonathan Arauz SS (#21), Abraham Toro-Hernandez 3B (#28)

Those rankings are based on MLB Pipelineís top prospects.
    I don't see Abreu going to Houston.....I see Colorado maybe as a fit...

Oh they like him here in Houston. I live down here and talked to one guy in the organization who told me the interest is real. Looking at a few other pieces as well on other teams, but the interest seems to be genuine. Remember it was genuine enough that the Sox have had scouts out watching the Astros' players.

Oh and in some BREAKING NEWS: Everyone in the White Sox organization is hurt. They are shutting down the season.

Today
    - Avi Garcia to the DL
    - Micker Adolfo is getting Tommy John which will keep him out until next spring

Oh and in some BREAKING NEWS: Everyone in the White Sox organization is hurt. They are shutting down the season.

Today
    - Avi Garcia to the DL
    It's a shame about Micker....Tough break.

Oh they like him here in Houston. I live down here and talked to one guy in the organization who told me the interest is real. Looking at a few other pieces as well on other teams, but the interest seems to be genuine. Remember it was genuine enough that the Sox have had scouts out watching the Astros' players.
    I believe the interest is there....But not to the point where the Astros will give up a "huge" prospect(s) in the deal. I hope they will, because I think with Abreu they will be really tough to beat!

They could also use more additions in the pen...Soria and or Jones...Along with Jose. That should bring back a nice package. Lets think BIG!

Today
    - Avi Garcia to the DL
    from what i read avi will be back after AS break. this is not as serious as his previous inj.

adolfo got some much needed at bats for his development. i think we knew the surgery was coming. he should be back around ST if all goes well. i think the sox played it well considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    It's a shame about Micker....Tough break.
    Micker's injury is no surprise. They knew he needed TJ surgery in the spring, they just wanted him to get some AB's. He has been playing DH all year, so we should see him again in June of next year.

Adolpho was looking at 2020 at best. This will set back his development obviously, but he should still be in play for the major league around that time.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Yeah Iím not sure this changes Adolfoís timeline much. Heíll be a corner OF with a big arm, but his bat will either take him or not. Heís shown the last two years that his bat seems to be legit.

He should start next year in AA and 2020 be his goal to be in the majors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    They could also use more additions in the pen...Soria and or Jones...Along with Jose. That should bring back a nice package. Lets think BIG!
    They have some nice pieces coming up through the system in the pen. Ian Hamilton is a guy who has closer material in AAA, Zack Burdi is making his way back and Jordan Guererro is a guy who can be a lefty out of the pen. Plus guys like Vieira, Fulmer and Spencer Adams are guys who could fill roles in the pen. But you can never have enough quality arms for the bullpen.

I said it last deadline, said it last off-season, and now I'm saying it this trade deadline, I don't see the White Sox trading Abreu. He genuinely wants to be here and this team is so devoid of any offensive talent. The Sox need veterans like Abreu that can actually produce and teach these kids how to be professional players. You can't just have a bunch of Yolmer Sanchez's in the locker room. Not to mention Abreu is hitting .250? He's slumping pretty hard, just because he's an all-star starter doesn't increase his trade value.

I'm just going to go ahead and say Abreu ends up retiring on the White Sox. Trading him now makes less sense than trading him last deadline. They clearly didn't get what they wanted for him in the off-season so why would that change now?
    Last edited by Cash; 07-13-2018 at 03:46 PM.

I agree with Cash. A team will have to give the Sox exactly what they want (so overpay) to get Abreu. I donít think heíll be traded.

I agree with Cash. A team will have to give the Sox exactly what they want (so overpay) to get Abreu. I donít think heíll be traded.
    Ok....If that's a true ,then why haven't they signed him to an extension? He loves it here,they love him here..........What's the holdup? He's already done a "hometown" discount through arbitration.....I figure he will do it again...

Am I the only one that thinks the dodgers got hosed in the Machado trade?....just for a rental

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast