Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Saying your for education but so long as it's from their parent/guardians in their own home is the opposite of being for education.

If you really think that there is someone teaching all kids sexed in the home, you are sorely mistaken.
    Wow. You really need clarification on virtually every point.

I said I was for sex education. I mentioned that I was for giving out birth control in schools. I guess I figured you could correlate giving out birth control in schools to agreeing with education in that school. To clarify…

I am in favor of schools providing sex education to their students.
    I am in favor of schools providing sex education to their students
    .I am in favor of schools providing sex education to their students.

What scares mew is that people like you get a vote. How do you possibly decipher the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    But I am not a dick. I don't cheat. I don't offend people. Having a kid out of wedlock (I did but married 7 months later), if that holds me back from a job, I don't want to work there anyways. I did suffer credit problems and entered foreclosure on a home (which was saved). It took me years to right it. But they were mistakes, and I fixed them (just bought a house)..

What I mean is, what embarrasses us is up to you. Life is all about choices and the consequences that come with them. Now, there are mistakes (drinking, getting behind the wheel, and killing someone) that has no point of return, and can't be fixed. But a good person tends to avoid catastrophic mistakes..
    If you're happy, I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Wow. You really need clarification on virtually every point.

I said I was for sex education. I mentioned that I was for giving out birth control in schools. I guess I figured you could correlate giving out birth control in schools to agreeing with education in that school. To clarify…

What scares mew is that people like you get a vote. How do you possibly decipher the issues.
    Sorry, I guess it was hard for me to tell with your constant "there's someone at the home to teach that" mantra to realize that isn't what you meant.

What scares me is you've been voting this whole time, which explains why the country is in the place it's in. The worst part is, I've already provided links showing you are completely wrong and you still believe as you did before being shown you are wrong.

You are someone whose personal opinions supersede facts. It's hard for me to take you seriously when you're near the bottom of the ladder and yet you still have the gall to look at those below you and sneer at them in derision. You do realize there are millions above you looking down at you sneering in derision right? Like, quit acting like you're some success story for the poor to look up to.

Sorry, I guess it was hard for me to tell with your constant "there's someone at the home to teach that" mantra to realize that isn't what you meant.

What scares me is you've been voting this whole time, which explains why the country is in the place it's in. The worst part is, I've already provided links showing you are completely wrong and you still believe as you did before being shown you are wrong.

You are someone whose personal opinions supersede facts. It's hard for me to take you seriously when you're near the bottom of the ladder and yet you still have the gall to look at those below you and sneer at them in derision. You do realize there are millions above you looking down at you sneering in derision right? Like, quit acting like you're some success story for the poor to look up to.
    I've been voting for quite a while and the US has risen to the top of the food chain. I'm pretty happy with that. I'd just like to stay there. From what I see, the decline is beginning.

I don't look down on anyone. I'll admit to not being better than anyone. I have tremendous admiration for anyone out there working to keep his head above water. Anyone making an effort and I'm on their side.

I have no little use those who don't make the simple efforts and are content to let everyone else pull them along.

I've been voting for quite a while and the US has risen to the top of the food chain. I'm pretty happy with that. I'd just like to stay there. From what I see, the decline is beginning.

I don't look down on anyone. I'll admit to not being better than anyone. I have tremendous admiration for anyone out there working to keep his head above water. Anyone making an effort and I'm on their side.

I have no little use those who don't make the simple efforts and are content to let everyone else pull them along.
    First Bolded: Unless you're over 100 years old pretty sure the US has been at the top of the food chain the entire time you've been voting.

Second Bolded: You may think that, but your words don't mirror your beliefs. You have continually called everyone poor lazy and entitled. You can't say you're on their side when you want to cut every program to help them and then say if they fail it's their own fault because they're too lazy to get ahead. I don't know what you were taught, but that isn't respect.

What is this thread even about anymore....

First Bolded: Unless you're over 100 years old pretty sure the US has been at the top of the food chain the entire time you've been voting.

Second Bolded: You may think that, but your words don't mirror your beliefs. You have continually called everyone poor lazy and entitled. You can't say you're on their side when you want to cut every program to help them and then say if they fail it's their own fault because they're too lazy to get ahead. I don't know what you were taught, but that isn't respect.
    Bolded 1…I think that was my point.

Bolded 2…These programs do the poor more harm than good. I'd like to see everyone succeed. A lot cheaper for me if we all succeed.

Suggested reading: Please Stop Helping Us by Jason Riley

Bolded 1…I think that was my point.

Bolded 2…These programs do the poor more harm than good. I'd like to see everyone succeed. A lot cheaper for me if we all succeed.

Suggested reading: Please Stop Helping Us by Jason Riley
    I've read it. It's a decent read, some of what he says has merit. But he uses a lot of correlation to suggest things that aren't true. His central premise is also straight out of conservative fairy-tale land: the best way to help poor black people is to ignore them.

But I've asked repeatedly, what other problem do people believe is solvable by ignoring it? That's not how you solve problems, and that's his main solution. While I think that some policies he talks about don't help black communities, I think systemically there are lots of other programs doing far more damage.

And his complaints about affirmative action essentially discount the massive increase in the number of black people who have gone to college since its inception.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Depends on who you ask.

For some it is a spirited debate.

For others, a place for vulgar remarks,

Depends on who you ask.

For some it is a spirited debate.

For others, a place for vulgar remarks,
    Ah. I'm looking for spirited vulgar debate. Think its 2 doors down...

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    This is such a dumb post which is pretty typical from who it’s coming by.

When has someone like Betty DeVos, Mike Pence, or Munchin ever done anything to be harassed at restaurants etc? Since when is it ok for any member of congress to call on harassing cabinet members of a sitting president? I remember this phrase by Democrats last election: “Love Trump’s hate” and “when they go low we go higher”

Was that real or just a way to pretend your being civil to get votes?

Or are you guys just a bunch of hypocrites who have no message other than to attack Trump and his team? Why not just let Trump continue to make a fool of himself and you share your plan to continue to grow the economy, how to get people off welfare, lower the debt etc

Is it because you don’t have a plan? Or because you know that doesn’t motivate the democratic base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    2018 neanderthals. We **** for resources. Wtf!

****ing is now differentiated because of environmental differences. Wtf!

This was an amazing post. Kudos.
    I’m not wrong *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I’m not wrong *shrug*
    You're wrong. We do not **** for resources. We **** to ****.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You're wrong. We do not **** for resources. We **** to ****.
    I didn’t say we **** for resources. I said we **** as much as possible and try to get as much as possible. Rereading, I can see where you got that - that wasn’t my intention. My bad.

We **** to **** as much as possible.

We try to get as many resources as possible.

It’s like a goddamned Catan orgy.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    If you check out the last three posts, you’d be hard pressed to answer that...maybe something about contentious neanderthals arguing about the use of asterisks.
    Last edited by Crovash; 06-29-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast