Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beltre and diekman for Swihart and 2 mid level pitchers?

Quote Originally Posted by Soxtober040713 View Post
    Beltre and diekman for Swihart and 2 mid level pitchers?
    We can't give up a catcher with one currently on the DL.

Does a deal for Moustakas and Butera for Blake Swihart and Sam Travis. That 4 years of Swihart and 5 years of Travis. Id like to get duffy in the deal to replace Pomeranz at years end. Maybe include a mid level SP. royals get 2 guys who could play every day from day 1. And a prospect by cutting Duffys salary and a rental in Moustakas.

I'm not particularly interested in Moustakas. Defensively he'd be an upgrade at 3B (Devers has lived down to his questionable minor-league reputation) but I've never been that impressed with him. I'd rather get Brandon Phillips up to game speed and see what we can do with the flexibility of Holt, Nunez, and Phillips. WAY less expensive.

There is another player on that Orioles team, however, that Red Sox fans should absolutely be eyeing every time he pitches. Zach Britton is clearly on the Red Sox' end-of-July short list.

Acquiring Britton isn't going to break the Red Sox' minor-league talent pool bank, with the reliever heading into free agency after this season. Since coming back from injury June 12, the lefty has gotten progressively closer to the difference-maker that would seemingly fit nicely in the back of the Sox' bullpen. He has allowed just two hits while striking out four in his last five outings, including scoreless innings against the Yankees the last two days.

MASNSports.com reported Tuesday night that there seems to be "definite interest" from the Red Sox regarding Britton, a notion that lines up with what has been coming from multiple sources over the past few weeks.

Pitching for the second time in as many days, Britton topped out at 96 mph against the Yankees. The day before he could be found with the same velocity, carrying such movement on his fastball that all of the reliever's 15 pitches were heaters.
    weei.com

I'd love it if we walked away with Harvey or Wheeler and Britton. If you make those moves though we are definitely going to have to trim a bit of payroll somehow.

I would much prefer Wheeler to Harvey. Don't really care to acquire either, or at least don't want to give up anything substantial for them. Britton would be nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12