Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    No one should be suspended for allegations. This is not a fascist country.
    Innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply to private companies. (Or the Southern border, speaking of fascism.)
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 06-25-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Yes and no. Allegations that are completely untrue, certainly. But many times these allegations involve actions that may not be criminal, but still go against personal conduct policy.
    It seems unfortunate that the irony of your reply is to be lost on you.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply to private companies. (Or the Southern border, speaking of fascism.)
    Yes, obviously the government is not involved here. But someone opining in favor of "everyone who is accused is guilty" is not going to suddenly change their mind when the topic changes from NFL to otherwise.
    First 4 years:

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

It seems unfortunate that the irony of your reply is to be lost on you.
    Do explain.

If my company has a rule that physical contact with a fellow employee may result in a suspension, I smack someone, and they file assault charges that get dropped. Did I not just allegedly assault someone, no criminal charges, but still I broke conduct policy?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Yes, obviously the government is not involved here. But someone opining in favor of "everyone who is accused is guilty" is not going to suddenly change their mind when the topic changes from NFL to otherwise.
    The erosion of labor rights has had its effect on society already.

Do explain.

If my company has a rule that physical contact with a fellow employee may result in a suspension, I smack someone, and they file assault charges that get dropped. Did I not just allegedly assault someone, no criminal charges, but still I broke conduct policy?
    you said allegations that are untrue shouldn't be punished, and you said they need to punish before finding out if the allegations are true or not.
    First 4 years:

-Scott van Pelt

I forgot this guys existed until this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

you said allegations that are untrue shouldn't be punished, and you said they need to punish before finding out if the allegations are true or not.
    umm, no I didn't say anything remotely like the 2nd part
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I forgot this guys existed until this.
    Toxic patriarchy allows this. The women never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I assume they are intended to be preventive. Can't have a rapist playing in the NFL.
    Too late see Big Ben

Do explain.

Your example kind of fails to correspond to the NFL/Winston issue in that the groped Uber drive was not a “fellow employee”, ie. it was an incident which occurred outside the workplace, making the issue less clear cut. If you “smack someone” in a bar, say, “and they file assault charges that get dropped”, you’d have no objection to being suspended for such an incident? If not, how about smoking a joint at home? Does the reach of your employer’s “personal conduct policy” extend even there?

Of course, OUR non-criminal misbehavior makes little impact on those who employ most us, which is not true of NFL players who are, after all, media targets; and, as the NFL is hyper media conscious, the NFL’s “personal conduct policy” therefore extends throughout the known universe.

Not quite fair, like life – “just fairer than death”.

Suspended for games against NO, Philly, and Pitt.
    I know they improved their D and Fitz is a decent QB but they could easily be 0-3 to start the season.
    Not that there was any guarantee they would win any of those games with Winston, but it definitely doesnt look likely now.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyBoyXXX View Post
    Your example kind of fails to correspond to the NFL/Winston issue in that the groped Uber drive was not a “fellow employee”, ie. it was an incident which occurred outside the workplace, making the issue less clear cut. If you “smack someone” in a bar, say, “and they file assault charges that get dropped”, you’d have no objection to being suspended for such an incident? If not, how about smoking a joint at home? Does the reach of your employer’s “personal conduct policy” extend even there?

Of course, OUR non-criminal misbehavior makes little impact on those who employ most us, which is not true of NFL players who are, after all, media targets; and, as the NFL is hyper media conscious, the NFL’s “personal conduct policy” therefore extends throughout the known universe.

What is funny is that 99% of the players can abide by the personal conduct policy which was collectively bargained yet we concern ourselves with the "rights" of the few dumbshits a year that break the policy... Sorry to say but I feel worse for the 99% who have to tolerate the stupidity of the minority.

14. 06-26-2018, 07:54 PM
    Reason
    insults

this dude has zero respect for women. dont get me wrong im not some male feminist but rapist jamis has a long track record and if zeke got 6 for only going after some titties at a parade how the **** is this turd getting off with three? thats right, like stephen a smith said, its about public relations and not wanting this to drag on. they blundered the ray rice thing, now this and hung zeke for public relations for factually far, far less.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyBoyXXX View Post

stop defending a habitual offender. you dont get accused as many times and treat women like **** as much as he does without literally being a piece of ****.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast