Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 73
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,986
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I swear there were a few people that swore up and down that nothing would come of this.
    Yeah but one was Jameis
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That said I do have to wonder why they chose 3 games. He's being accused of sexually assaulting a ****ing driver and is getting way less than a lot of cases with less evidence. Zeke got 6 despite charges getting dropped, Ben got 4 despite his getting dropped, I'm just a little confused why we're starting at 3.
    I don't know why so many people here just don't read.

    The suspension is for not telling the NFL. It is in no way comparable to Ben or Zeke.

    Also, Brady was never suspended for cheating or for deflating footballs, so whether he did that or not is irrelevant. He was suspended for not complying with an investigation. That would be a better comparable.


    What Brady did was worse than what Winston did though, because Brady actively impeded an investigation, while Winston just failed to mention his.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

    Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,665
    Said it a while ago, but man Jameis is underwhelming.

    The return... 2018-19

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I don't know why so many people here just don't read.

    The suspension is for not telling the NFL. It is in no way comparable to Ben or Zeke.

    Also, Brady was never suspended for cheating or for deflating footballs, so whether he did that or not is irrelevant. He was suspended for not complying with an investigation. That would be a better comparable.


    What Brady did was worse than what Winston did though, because Brady actively impeded an investigation, while Winston just failed to mention his.
    I'm aware of what it's for, I don't understand why they're not hitting him with the 6 or 4 game personal conduct policy. I couldn't care less about him failing to report, it's honestly a dumb suspension, but he should be suspended for the sexual assault accusation, especially as a 2nd time accusation mixed with his other half a dozen off- field incidents from college. Hell, Pac Man Jones got 4 games for fighting with his own body guard because he had a history of bad personal conduct.


    CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    11,467
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm aware of what it's for, I don't understand why they're not hitting him with the 6 or 4 game personal conduct policy. I couldn't care less about him failing to report, it's honestly a dumb suspension, but he should be suspended for the sexual assault accusation, especially as a 2nd time accusation mixed with his other half a dozen off- field incidents from college. Hell, Pac Man Jones got 4 games for fighting with his own body guard because he had a history of bad personal conduct.
    The length of a suspension for the conduct policy is basically arbitrary. For domestic violence the baseline is 6 games, but the number can be adjusted to fit the case at hand. Winston isn't getting suspended for that anyway. Goodell's powers to enforce specific conduct are rather broad though.

    For PED or substance abuse suspensions the lengths are fixed.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 06-22-2018 at 05:54 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The length of a suspension for the conduct policy is basically arbitrary. For domestic violence the baseline is 6 games, but the number can be adjusted to fit the case at hand. Winston isn't getting suspended for that anyway. Goodell's powers to enforce specific conduct are rather broad though.

    For PED or substance abuse suspensions the lengths are fixed.
    These policies are purely ********. If you are proven to not have any guilt. Why is there still a suspension? Zeke shouldn't have gotten suspended at all and neither should Jameis. It's just a power move.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    11,467
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerNole View Post
    These policies are purely ********. If you are proven to not have any guilt. Why is there still a suspension? Zeke shouldn't have gotten suspended at all and neither should Jameis. It's just a power move.
    I assume they are intended to be preventive. Can't have a rapist playing in the NFL.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,805
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I assume they are intended to be preventive. Can't have a rapist playing in the NFL.
    Isnt this information public even at the point where it's only a charge and not a conviction. If your arrested for rape it will most certainly be put in the local police blotter at the least. If your famous the national media picks it up.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    11,467
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Isnt this information public even at the point where it's only a charge and not a conviction. If your arrested for rape it will most certainly be put in the local police blotter at the least. If your famous the national media picks it up.
    Sure, but as I said, the only value suspensions like that have is as a deterrent. Don't grope women, don't sleep around with people you can't trust, and so on...

    The NFLPA did give Goodell the power essentially to play moral enforcer for the NFL.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,986
    I don't know why people keep assuming it takes a criminal charge that sticks to generate a suspension for violating the personal conduct policy.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    10,619
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't know why people keep assuming it takes a criminal charge that sticks to generate a suspension for violating the personal conduct policy.
    It's like people want to assume that the only law that players have to follow is the legal system.

    Poeple always forget (or refuse to admit) that these players are employees representing an organization. As with every organization, there are employee standards of conduct. And if these ********* can't obey the personal conduct policy, they rightfully should be punished.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Looks like week 2 has become a trap game.
    Only a nervous Eagles fan would see it as a trap game. The Bucs are going 0-3 the first 3 games no matter who starts at QB; although, as someone mentioned, they do have competent backup in Fitzpatrick.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm aware of what it's for, I don't understand why they're not hitting him with the 6 or 4 game personal conduct policy. I couldn't care less about him failing to report, it's honestly a dumb suspension, but he should be suspended for the sexual assault accusation, especially as a 2nd time accusation mixed with his other half a dozen off- field incidents from college. Hell, Pac Man Jones got 4 games for fighting with his own body guard because he had a history of bad personal conduct.
    No one should be suspended for allegations. This is not a fascist country.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

    Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't know why people keep assuming it takes a criminal charge that sticks to generate a suspension for violating the personal conduct policy.
    I gotta go up to Boston and try to bump into some Pats players I can accuse, so the AFC East has a fighting chance.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

    Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    No one should be suspended for allegations. This is not a fascist country.
    Yes and no. Allegations that are completely untrue, certainly. But many times these allegations involve actions that may not be criminal, but still go against personal conduct policy.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •