Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I swear there were a few people that swore up and down that nothing would come of this.
    Yeah but one was Jameis
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That said I do have to wonder why they chose 3 games. He's being accused of sexually assaulting a ****ing driver and is getting way less than a lot of cases with less evidence. Zeke got 6 despite charges getting dropped, Ben got 4 despite his getting dropped, I'm just a little confused why we're starting at 3.
    I don't know why so many people here just don't read.

The suspension is for not telling the NFL. It is in no way comparable to Ben or Zeke.

Also, Brady was never suspended for cheating or for deflating footballs, so whether he did that or not is irrelevant. He was suspended for not complying with an investigation. That would be a better comparable.

What Brady did was worse than what Winston did though, because Brady actively impeded an investigation, while Winston just failed to mention his.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Said it a while ago, but man Jameis is underwhelming.

The return... 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I don't know why so many people here just don't read.

The suspension is for not telling the NFL. It is in no way comparable to Ben or Zeke.

Also, Brady was never suspended for cheating or for deflating footballs, so whether he did that or not is irrelevant. He was suspended for not complying with an investigation. That would be a better comparable.

What Brady did was worse than what Winston did though, because Brady actively impeded an investigation, while Winston just failed to mention his.
    I'm aware of what it's for, I don't understand why they're not hitting him with the 6 or 4 game personal conduct policy. I couldn't care less about him failing to report, it's honestly a dumb suspension, but he should be suspended for the sexual assault accusation, especially as a 2nd time accusation mixed with his other half a dozen off- field incidents from college. Hell, Pac Man Jones got 4 games for fighting with his own body guard because he had a history of bad personal conduct.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

I'm aware of what it's for, I don't understand why they're not hitting him with the 6 or 4 game personal conduct policy. I couldn't care less about him failing to report, it's honestly a dumb suspension, but he should be suspended for the sexual assault accusation, especially as a 2nd time accusation mixed with his other half a dozen off- field incidents from college. Hell, Pac Man Jones got 4 games for fighting with his own body guard because he had a history of bad personal conduct.
    The length of a suspension for the conduct policy is basically arbitrary. For domestic violence the baseline is 6 games, but the number can be adjusted to fit the case at hand. Winston isn't getting suspended for that anyway. Goodell's powers to enforce specific conduct are rather broad though.

For PED or substance abuse suspensions the lengths are fixed.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 06-22-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The length of a suspension for the conduct policy is basically arbitrary. For domestic violence the baseline is 6 games, but the number can be adjusted to fit the case at hand. Winston isn't getting suspended for that anyway. Goodell's powers to enforce specific conduct are rather broad though.

For PED or substance abuse suspensions the lengths are fixed.
    These policies are purely ********. If you are proven to not have any guilt. Why is there still a suspension? Zeke shouldn't have gotten suspended at all and neither should Jameis. It's just a power move.

Quote Originally Posted by NinerNole View Post
    These policies are purely ********. If you are proven to not have any guilt. Why is there still a suspension? Zeke shouldn't have gotten suspended at all and neither should Jameis. It's just a power move.
    I assume they are intended to be preventive. Can't have a rapist playing in the NFL.

I assume they are intended to be preventive. Can't have a rapist playing in the NFL.
    Isnt this information public even at the point where it's only a charge and not a conviction. If your arrested for rape it will most certainly be put in the local police blotter at the least. If your famous the national media picks it up.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Isnt this information public even at the point where it's only a charge and not a conviction. If your arrested for rape it will most certainly be put in the local police blotter at the least. If your famous the national media picks it up.
    Sure, but as I said, the only value suspensions like that have is as a deterrent. Don't grope women, don't sleep around with people you can't trust, and so on...

The NFLPA did give Goodell the power essentially to play moral enforcer for the NFL.

I don't know why people keep assuming it takes a criminal charge that sticks to generate a suspension for violating the personal conduct policy.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't know why people keep assuming it takes a criminal charge that sticks to generate a suspension for violating the personal conduct policy.
    It's like people want to assume that the only law that players have to follow is the legal system.

Poeple always forget (or refuse to admit) that these players are employees representing an organization. As with every organization, there are employee standards of conduct. And if these ********* can't obey the personal conduct policy, they rightfully should be punished.

Looks like week 2 has become a trap game.
    Only a nervous Eagles fan would see it as a trap game. The Bucs are going 0-3 the first 3 games no matter who starts at QB; although, as someone mentioned, they do have competent backup in Fitzpatrick.

No one should be suspended for allegations. This is not a fascist country.
    First 4 years:

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I gotta go up to Boston and try to bump into some Pats players I can accuse, so the AFC East has a fighting chance.
    First 4 years:

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    No one should be suspended for allegations. This is not a fascist country.
    Yes and no. Allegations that are completely untrue, certainly. But many times these allegations involve actions that may not be criminal, but still go against personal conduct policy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast