Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Bingo. It really is just that simple, hit 'em where they ain't.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    The idea that it should be banned or limited has to be a joke. It's a strategy, just like bunting.

Hit it where they ain't
    All of the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learn to hit the opposite field and stop striking out so much. Thatís what I want from these hitters.

Shifting has been done since WW2 and the game has survived. Players will make the adjustments and beat the shifts.

The one thing I would do away with is letting your 3rd baseman play on the right side of the infield and all of that. I would put a zoning into effect, I also donít like having 4 man outfields and that stuff, itís dumb IMO.

Youíre a third baseman, stay at third base. No reason you should be allowed to move to shallow right field.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    The one thing I would do away with is letting your 3rd baseman play on the right side of the infield and all of that. I would put a zoning into effect, I also donít like having 4 man outfields and that stuff, itís dumb IMO.

Youíre a third baseman, stay at third base. No reason you should be allowed to move to shallow right field.
    You have 9 players vs 9 players.

How you choose to deploy them is up to you. But one guy has to throw the ball from the mound toward the plate for a ball or a strike, and the only player allowed to be in foul territory prior to a pitch is the catcher.

Use your other 7 however the hell you want to stop the offense.

i'm with you. i don't like when good hitting results in outs consistently. if you lace a liner between the 3rd basemen and shortstop that should be a single. ditto on the right side of the infield. that's just me. as a hitter i hate the idea that i could put a beautiful swing on a ball and it goes to some guy 100 feet away from where he normally is stationed. it's an opinion topic, but that's just mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

You have 9 players vs 9 players.

How you choose to deploy them is up to you. But one guy has to throw the ball from the mound toward the plate for a ball or a strike, and the only player allowed to be in foul territory prior to a pitch is the catcher.

Use your other 7 however the hell you want to stop the offense.
    I disagree. Pitchers are paid to pitch, hitters are paid to hit, defenders are paid to defend, and a 3Bman is paid to play the hot corner, not shallow right field.

Thatís just me but Iím not a fan of it.

I disagree. Pitchers are paid to pitch, hitters are paid to hit, defenders are paid to defend, and a 3Bman is paid to play the hot corner, not shallow right field.

Thatís just me but Iím not a fan of it.
    The creation and core of the game didn't have set positions.

Teams are paying you to create and prevent runs. That's it.

Players need to be versatile and capable and athletic enough to play all over, and that's the value of having good two way players.

Use your 7 however you need to prevent runs and use your 9 however you need to create runs.

I couldn't disagree more. That third basemen isn't being paid to stand at third base while Joey Gallo tries to smash a ball into right field. He is being paid to help his team prevent runs. If he can't play shallow right field when the situation calls for it, then he can be on the bench or not on the field.

Itís also not easy to hit the ball the other way if the other team has a game plan. If you facing Joe Gallo, youíll shift all your guys to the right and pitch him strictly inside, no chance he gets a hit to the other way unless he gets jammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i'm with you. i don't like when good hitting results in outs consistently. if you lace a liner between the 3rd basemen and shortstop that should be a single. ditto on the right side of the infield. that's just me. as a hitter i hate the idea that i could put a beautiful swing on a ball and it goes to some guy 100 feet away from where he normally is stationed. it's an opinion topic, but that's just mine.
    Do you get frustrated whenever you line a ball down the third base line, but it's right at the third basemen and he is positioned normally?

Do you get frustrated whenever you lace a line drive down the third base line where the third basemen is positioned normally, but he is guarding the line, so you get a single?

Itís also not easy to hit the ball the other way if the other team has a game plan. If you facing Joe Gallo, youíll shift all your guys to the right and pitch him strictly inside, no chance he gets a hit to the other way unless he gets jammed.
    That's the game lol.

Back off the plate, get closer and get hit.

You are complaining that the game is too hard lol and that there is a good strategy at limiting good players.

That pitcher still has to execute those pitches. If he hits Gallo, free base. If he misses too much inside, walk. If he misses over the middle of the plate, home run.

That's a dangerous strategy against a dangerous hitter.

That's the game lol.

Back off the plate, get closer and get hit.

You are complaining that the game is too hard lol and that there is a good strategy at limiting good players.

That pitcher still has to execute those pitches. If he hits Gallo, free base. If he misses too much inside, walk. If he misses over the middle of the plate, home run.

That's a dangerous strategy against a dangerous hitter.
    Iím not complaining the game is too hard just that I donít think players will adjust, and they donít really seem like they have.

The shift just allows for lower batting averages and higher home runs. It feels like all players are home run or bust, no other action. The shift is partially responsible for that.

We def wonít see eye to eye on this no matter what lol.

Do you get frustrated whenever you line a ball down the third base line, but it's right at the third basemen and he is positioned normally?

Do you get frustrated whenever you lace a line drive down the third base line where the third basemen is positioned normally, but he is guarding the line, so you get a single?
    nope, but i don't particularly follow your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    nope, but i don't particularly follow your point.
    That it largely doesn't matter where the defense is playing, hitting the ball hard is only part of the job of hitting overall. Your job is to reach base. And as Willie Keeler famously said, hit it where they ain't.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast