Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bryce Harper

If I'm Harper I take a huge frontloaded deal with multiple opt outs. That allows him to try FA again at 27 or 28 years old.

If that's the case the Nats would be nuts not to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If I'm Harper I take a huge frontloaded deal with multiple opt outs. That allows him to try FA again at 27 or 28 years old.

If that's the case the Nats would be nuts not to keep him.
    Well, the Nats would be nuts not to offer him. Keeping him is going to be up to Harper.

And I'd assume that's the kind of deal you're going to see. The total amount here isn't going to really matter, even though when he signs everyone (and by everyone I mean the media and casual fan) is going to hoot-and-holler over the total value instead of digging into the deal. I'd be shocked if he stuck around on any deal past 4 or 5 years with the opt-outs. The years and the total value will be to drag the AAV down for luxury tax purposes, but the cash-up-front and the opt outs will be all that really matters to both sides.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

If Harper gets 40 plus million per year that will make Trout's 32.5 million per year seem like the biggest bargain in the league. There is no comparison between the two. Of course that's not saying much as Trout is clearly levels ahead of everyone. Will be interesting to see what the Angels do with him in next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    If Harper gets 40 plus million per year that will make Trout's 32.5 million per year seem like the biggest bargain in the league. There is no comparison between the two. Of course that's not saying much as Trout is clearly levels ahead of everyone. Will be interesting to see what the Angels do with him in next couple of years.
    The difference is that Trout never hit FA. If Trout was hitting FA this year he would definitely get 40+.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    The difference is that Trout never hit FA. If Trout was hitting FA this year he would definitely get 40+.
    And trout would easily deserve it, unlike harper.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Any team that is buying Harper has some serious risk after seeing how he's cratered this year after starting it hot......yet again. And the fact that some are saying that he wants to go to a place and be "the man"- something that will never happen in DC where the fans still worship the Redskins and Alex Ovechkin has gotten everyone into watching the Capitals and making them an attraction (not to mention they won the Cup this year.). I know that I wouldn't give them the deal that is likely going to be a record breaker, I don't think he's earned it.

Anybody noticed that Bryce Harper currently has a WAR of 0.0?

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Anybody notice he's the only guy not wearing his teams hat?

He knows the kind of attention that brings.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Honestly he should do what trout did and just take a big deal now and bank on himself later... health/sub par season for what he should be.. He will get top dollar nomatter what he does but he isnt coming close to 400 million like he was expected. At this point MM will get the bigger contract and rightfully so. Bryce Harper even if he is unlucky continues to disappoint in terms of what he should be... This is suppose to be a top 2 player in the game and he isnt/hasnt been. We can use advanced stats all we want but he isnt what he should be esp when you factor how good he thinks he is which he isnt. He will def get paid and rightfully so but he isnt touching 300 million let alone 400.
    My guess is that he would prefer to leave Washington. They had their chance and the window is closing fast. No more door mats in the NL central to waltz to a division title. I don't think he wants to sign with a team that's heading downwards. It will likely be one of the same 6-7 major players that he signs with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Anybody notice he's the only guy not wearing his teams hat?

He knows the kind of attention that brings.
    He loves that kind of stuff. He's even said how much he like doing that kind of stuff.

There was a small stretch that he wanted people to believe that signing with the Cubs was a forgone conclusion.

Bryant's wife putting up pictures on Instagram with Harper and his wife. “Fans want it … & we are more than good with this idea.”

She also posted a selfie with Kayla, along with the hashtag, “#HarperToTheCubs.”

He likes people to know that his dog is named, Wrigley.

You're right about loving the attention.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123