Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Id Max Gordon but not levine... i get why the bulls must but **** that.
    other way around for me. neither is a max player but Lavine is better then Gordon and fits well with what the Bulls have. They dont have any serious money tied up anyway so it wont hurt. The Magic have gone nowhere fast, at least the Bulls youth showed some promise and if they hit on this draft they are in good shape
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    And this is why the nbas salary structure is broken. Neither guy should come close to the max, but both will get offered because is screws with the Magic/Bulls future cap.
    I think it comes from the power of agents in the NBA of the past. The "max" contract was immediately a ploy agents used to get more money for lesser players, and once one GM/owner folded then every free agent could point at that first deal and say "I'm as good as that guy who got the max, so I deserve it too!". And here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    It's hard to tell whether Gordon is winning material unless he's put in a winning situation. Physically, he could become a lockdown defender who you can throw at Durant or LeBron. He's improved in scoring and rebounding most years. I'd like to see what he can do playing third fiddle next to a couple stars.
    I hear what your saying, but max contract? Geez Louis.

Guys basically a tweener with no consistent jump shot. Magic have been a disaster for a better part of he last decade since Dwight left and its because of stupid moves like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think it comes from the power of agents in the NBA of the past. The "max" contract was immediately a ploy agents used to get more money for lesser players, and once one GM/owner folded then every free agent could point at that first deal and say "I'm as good as that guy who got the max, so I deserve it too!". And here we are.
    Which is the broken part of the system. I know it’s collusion but GMs/Owners need to just be strong and let that guy sit there unsigned.

PROCESSING

Which is the broken part of the system. I know it’s collusion but GMs/Owners need to just be strong and let that guy sit there unsigned.
    There will always be some idiot who is jumping to over-pay.

AG has gotten better, his shot selection can be questionable, and too many times, he tries to act like a superstar vs putting in the work if that makes sense. not that he hasnt put in the work, his ball handling is better, his shooting has improved, his defense comes and goes but when he plays, he thinks hes better than he is; thats what i mean with he tries to act like a superstar vs putting in the work

if someone got a hold of Gordon, taught him how to play the right way and how to play winning basketball, he could thrive as a good piece on a great team and be valuable. With Orlando, there has been too much turnover and not enough alphas to put him in his place, no real locker room leader

First Sim League Title!

I think the sentiment I’ve gotten from both teams is “Listen, if Zach LaVine goes and gets a max, we have too much invested in him.” “If Aaron Gordon…”

That's a classic sunk cost fallacy. What you've already invested is irrelevant. That time and money is gone. What matters is how much they will cost, and how much they will provide.

The Pacers did the same thing with Roy Hibbert. He's not even in the league now.

And this is why the nbas salary structure is broken. Neither guy should come close to the max, but both will get offered because is screws with the Magic/Bulls future cap.
    Here's the thing tho, the magic and bulls need to call the other teams bluff. Yes they'll lose talent but those players will also hamper the teams foolish enough to give them a max making it easier for the bulls and magic to build their side properly. The GM really just needs to have the owners support and understanding.

Everyone is getting paid... even scrubs.

I like! Means less $$ to be thrown at Jabari

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    other way around for me. neither is a max player but Lavine is better then Gordon and fits well with what the Bulls have. They dont have any serious money tied up anyway so it wont hurt. The Magic have gone nowhere fast, at least the Bulls youth showed some promise and if they hit on this draft they are in good shape
    LaVine better than Gordon? He wasn't even better than Dunn, who has show just as much promise. Gordon and LaVine are inextricably linked because of that dunk duel, but Gordon has a more promising body. If he could get the right instruction on the defensive end, I could see him guarding all five positions. LaVine has nowhere near that level of versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    I hear what your saying, but max contract? Geez Louis.
    Guys basically a tweener with no consistent jump shot. Magic have been a disaster for a better part of he last decade since Dwight left and its because of stupid moves like this.
    He's only 22 and just improved his three-point shooting by 5 percent while taking twice as many. Imagine what he could do on a team where he's playing next to someone better than Fournier and Vucevic. Maybe it's a mistake for Orlando to max him, because all they know how to do is screw up. But in the right situation, I think he could be more than worth that contract. I see a little Shawn Marion potential in him.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Here's the thing tho, the magic and bulls need to call the other teams bluff. Yes they'll lose talent but those players will also hamper the teams foolish enough to give them a max making it easier for the bulls and magic to build their side properly. The GM really just needs to have the owners support and understanding.
    I thought this way too except these contracts don't last long enough to truly cripple certain squads. Least not like before

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    No way the Sixers go after one of them and I doubt the Lakers blow their load on one of them. Cuban might bite because, well, that’d be a Cuban thing to do.

Here’s a quick reference:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/
    I used hoopshype quick but not too far off from what I saw so must have been an ok guide. On this one Lakers/76ers/Bulls are the 3 clearly with cap space and Atlanta might still be around max after their 1st round pick still.

My basic point was there are limited teams with 25 mil to make these offers so it will be interesting to see how these RFA play out. Usually I think the assumption is they get paid but it could be a bit tougher for those guys this time around (I believe other have mentioned Parker in this group too).

People are going to be surprised the next 2 years how poorly the RFA's do because no one has cap. Additionally, teams have gotten a lot smarter in the last couple of years and aren't extending these kind of players early...

it is easier to let them go RFA and match because it is one less guaranteed year...

like Chronz said... these deals are shorter now and a 4 year deal really isn't that long...

the overspending year will be the summer of 2020 when all those **** deals signed during the cap explosion year (2016 summer) begin expiring

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    People are going to be surprised the next 2 years how poorly the RFA's do because no one has cap. Additionally, teams have gotten a lot smarter in the last couple of years and aren't extending these kind of players early...

it is easier to let them go RFA and match because it is one less guaranteed year...

like Chronz said... these deals are shorter now and a 4 year deal really isn't that long...

the overspending year will be the summer of 2020 when all those **** deals signed during the cap explosion year (2016 summer) begin expiring
    4 years is hella long. Just ask Lakers fans.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast