Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    4 years is hella long. Just ask Lakers fans.
    Apples and Oranges

It is for guys like Deng and Mozgov.... However, Gordon and Lavine are more than serviceable and even on 4 year deals could be moved pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    LaVine better than Gordon? He wasn't even better than Dunn, who has show just as much promise. Gordon and LaVine are inextricably linked because of that dunk duel, but Gordon has a more promising body. If he could get the right instruction on the defensive end, I could see him guarding all five positions. LaVine has nowhere near that level of versatility.

He's only 22 and just improved his three-point shooting by 5 percent while taking twice as many. Imagine what he could do on a team where he's playing next to someone better than Fournier and Vucevic. Maybe it's a mistake for Orlando to max him, because all they know how to do is screw up. But in the right situation, I think he could be more than worth that contract. I see a little Shawn Marion potential in him.
    are you judging Lavine in a season he came off a major injury? i hope not.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Terrible move for both teams.

You have the poor mans Derrick Rose and the poor mans Blake Griffin. Gordon is avg. at best. 4 years into the league is enough time to evaluate someone. He has marginally improved from last year. Unfortunately the Magic and the Bulls have no choice but to resign them. They have nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    You have the poor mans Derrick Rose and the poor mans Blake Griffin. Gordon is avg. at best. 4 years into the league is enough time to evaluate someone. He has marginally improved from last year. Unfortunately the Magic and the Bulls have no choice but to resign them. They have nothing else.
    Poor mans derrick rose? LaVine?? Lmao...their games aren’t similar at all wtf are you talking about?

Anyways, LaVine was coming off a major injury and actually looked really good at times. He’s still super young and has loads of potential still. He should be better this season than he was last. He’s just too talented to let go for nothing considering the Bulls are undergoing a 2-4 year rebuild anyways. As others pointed out, he shouldn’t be too difficult to trade down the line.

But lose a young, talented, developing player for nothing during a rebuild? Not smart. What’s really dumb is the whole max contract thing. The NBA needs to do what it can to try to adopt a system as close as possible to the NFL.

For the magic, Johnathon Isaac can slide into the 4-spot, while Jonathon Simmons can move to the 3. With such a deep draft class, the Magic could, IMO, trade down to gain additional picks.

TRADE: B.Biyombo, Dj Augustine, and 6th overall pick for D.Shroeder, 19th and 30th overall pick.

With the 19th overall pick, they could replace Augustine with homegrown talent A.Simons from IMG. With the 30th pick, they could replace Gordon with NCAA-Tourney darling Moritz Wagner, from Michigan.

L: Vucevic/Isaac/Simmons/Fournier/Shroeder
    B: Wagner, Ross, Simons, Mack

You're going to see a team offering Gordon the max. Magic don't have to waste their money.

As for the Bulls, they luck out b/c, IMO, no1 will offer Lavine a max deal. I see, at most, a Jordan Clarkson-type deal; 4yr 50million, which I believe the Bulls should in fact match. With the 7th and 22nd overall pick in this draft, they could rebuild their roster to build upon Markannen, Lavine, and Dunn.

I can also see the Bulls working out a S&T to acquire hometown guy Jabari Parker from Milwaukee. Possibly a R.Lopez & 7th overall pick for Jabari Parker & 17th overall pick???

No way I’m giving up the #7 for Jabari and a mid 1st.

People are going to be surprised how few of these guys get max offers... it just isn't happening because the money isn't there....

Always a toss-up, honestly. Unless you’re the Wizards matching that insane Otto Porter deal. I forget which player it was a few summers back whose team said “Oh, we’re gonna match it!” and then they didn’t, cuz it was not smart. Clearly a scare tactic, and basically a bluff. It knocks eager teams back and makes them think if it’s worth making the offer, as the original team has that time period to declare a match or let ‘em go.
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 06-18-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123