Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 216
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,324
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue8188 View Post
    That's way to much to give for a two month rental
    Verdugo is not going to have a place to play if all six guys roaming the OF all have 20 plus homers, and the FO seems to have no problem replenishing the farm. Alvarez's numbers in the minors don't show that he's untouchable, and if they're making an offer this early, they really don't want him to go to AZ.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,660
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Verdugo is not going to have a place to play if all six guys roaming the OF all have 20 plus homers, and the FO seems to have no problem replenishing the farm. Alvarez's numbers in the minors don't show that he's untouchable, and if they're making an offer this early, they really don't want him to go to AZ.
    I don't know how crowded our outfield really is when you think long term. Kemp is signed through next year, Puig's contract is up soon, Pederson has been very up and down, Kike is a utility platoon player at best, Taylor hasn't been what he was last year. I just don't know that we are really out of room for Verdugo.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post
    I don't know how crowded our outfield really is when you think long term. Kemp is signed through next year, Puig's contract is up soon, Pederson has been very up and down, Kike is a utility platoon player at best, Taylor hasn't been what he was last year. I just don't know that we are really out of room for Verdugo.
    That's kind of what I was thinking. I guess there is always options through free agency too.

    I see a lot of people in another group I'm in that actually feel like now is the best time to trade Joc Pederson. A lot of people think that he's doing the best he ever will & we might actually get somebody to appreciate his stock in a trade.

    But in regards to Verdugo. I know he hasn't had consistent playing time with the Dodgers. I haven't been impressed with him since he came up. I know that might not mean much he just hasn't caught my eye like other past prospects that were called up.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,660
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue8188 View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking. I guess there is always options through free agency too.

    I see a lot of people in another group I'm in that actually feel like now is the best time to trade Joc Pederson. A lot of people think that he's doing the best he ever will & we might actually get somebody to appreciate his stock in a trade.

    But in regards to Verdugo. I know he hasn't had consistent playing time with the Dodgers. I haven't been impressed with him since he came up. I know that might not mean much he just hasn't caught my eye like other past prospects that were called up.
    I have been thinking about the idea of trading Pederson. He has been so up and down that trading him before he reverts to his sub .200 self sounds like a good idea, I just know that he'll be a perennial MVP candidate as soon as we trade him lol.

    I sort of agree with you about Verdugo. But I think part of it is that he is not a power hitter, and another thing to remember is that he is really young. I have faith that he will come around.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post
    I have been thinking about the idea of trading Pederson. He has been so up and down that trading him before he reverts to his sub .200 self sounds like a good idea, I just know that he'll be a perennial MVP candidate as soon as we trade him lol.

    I sort of agree with you about Verdugo. But I think part of it is that he is not a power hitter, and another thing to remember is that he is really young. I have faith that he will come around.
    Yea the not being a power hitter def can hurt first impressions. Everybody loved Bellinger cause he was hitting home runs & it was easy to get attracted to his playing.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,324
    The O's are now talking about packaging Britton with Machado.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    The O's are now talking about packaging Britton with Machado.
    A Britton from 2 years ago is exactly what we need to be honest. I'm just glad they aren't asking to package in Chris Davis haha

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,324
    They are also looking at Scooter Gennett who might be a better option.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    12,442
    Scooter's career splits vs. LHP aren't very good.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,324
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Scooter's career splits vs. LHP aren't very good.
    He bats from the left side.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    12,442
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    He bats from the left side.
    I'm aware of that.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,660
    Sonny Gray intrigues me. I haven't heard anything about him but he hasn't played well, but I never expected him to. He seems to quiet and reserved to succeed in that market imo. He was at one point one of the top pitchers on the trade market. I think a change in scenery could help him, might be an interesting option.

    Idk, could also be a complete disaster of an idea.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post
    Sonny Gray intrigues me. I haven't heard anything about him but he hasn't played well, but I never expected him to. He seems to quiet and reserved to succeed in that market imo. He was at one point one of the top pitchers on the trade market. I think a change in scenery could help him, might be an interesting option.

    Idk, could also be a complete disaster of an idea.

    I guess playing in NYC could be tough for certain players but when I think of a change of scenery actually working is usually when a guy plays on a losing team. Like not saying I want him but Cole Hamels on the Rangers. He's getting older but if he suddenly was on a winning team like the Dodgers he might perform better. Sonny Gray is already playing on a winning team so can't use that logic.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,660
    Apparently the O's want Gavin Lux from the Dodgers in a package for Machado. I don't know much about Lux but if they are going after Buehler, Verdugo, or Alvarez I would say they should do it.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    109
    Dodgers FO hasnít learned their lesson from last year, we not only traded for the wrong guy in Darvish but we let the ultimate WS Champs trade for Verlander due to money. Letting Machado go to the Bosox or Yankees or even Diamondbacks May doom us in the future. The money they were unwilling to spend for Verlander, they wouldíve made up some with being World Series champs. Iím not up for unloading the farm but damn at some point we gotta make these moves to finally win the World Series. Like the Cubs did with Chapman 2 years ago.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •