Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I've had it

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Full disclosure: When Paul Sewald gave up the grand slam last night to piss all over Wheeler's otherwise excellent effort, I laughed my butt off. It was so predictable; we all saw it coming. But worse than that, even if Sewald hadn't given up the granny, they still would have lost. It's just that the score would have been much lower.

That made 9 losses in 10 games, all marked by excellent starting pitching with zero help out of the bullpen or the bats. Today's game was more of the same, maybe worse. There was Jay Bruce jogging slow motion on a routine single to right field by Inciarte. Incirate busted it right out of the batter's box. Only when he headed for second did Jay Bruce realize he wasn't fielding batting practice. He turned on the gears, threw to Rosario, who applied a slow motion tag on Inciarte.

No sense of urgency. La dee da. If he's out, great. If he's safe, whatever. If we win, yay! If we lose, i wonder what's for dinner?

That one play was a microcosm of what we've seen out of the Mets in the last 11 games. They've gone 1-10, sure, but that doesn't begin to tell the story. In those 11 games they've batted an unbelievable .135. La Dee Da.

ONE-THIRTY-FIVE!!!!!! Oh My F-ing God!!!!!! JeeZUS H KRYST!!!!!! The mendoza line would be a hot streak for this bunch!

I did the math. Forty-eight hits in 354 at bats. My math skills stink so i clicked on the calculator app on my computer which told me the sorry result. A batting average of .135 over 11 games is bad enough but you know what's worse?

Management doesnt seem to care. Sandy doesnt seem to care. Mickey doesnt seem to care. And the Wilpons? They've got more important things to worry about too, I suppose

It dawned on me there is only one way to make Sandy and the Wilpons care. The next homestand is the weekend of Ju8ne 22 against the Dodgers. How cool would it be if less than a thousand fans showed up, bombarding the the media and the live broadcast with rows upon rows and section after section of empty seats. You want bad PR? That would do it!

This isn't even a difficult assignment. Who can even watch these guys? Who wants to at this point?

I realize this doesnt necessarily hit them in the pocketbooks. Most of the tickets for that game are already bought and paid for. The revenue on SNY will still fill their coffers. But this isn't a money thing. It's a perception thing: Freddie and Jeffrey and Sandy need to be told they've lost their team. And the ole same-ole same ole won't get it back for them.

Enhough games filled with invisible fans is the only way for the Wilpons to understand that their boy Sandy has failed them. Only then will things finally change.

Thhis is just ridiculous and it has to stop. I've had it.
    Mario Mendoza would be batting cleanup in this lineup.

Team comparison:

1992 NY Mets
    .235/.310/.342/.652

2018 NY Mets
    .228/.306/.372/.678

This is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Mario Mendoza would be batting cleanup in this lineup.

Team comparison:

1992 NY Mets
    .235/.310/.342/.652

2018 NY Mets
    .228/.306/.372/.678

This is depressing.
    Depressing indeed.
    ... And even worse when you account for inflation!

Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    Depressing indeed.
    ... And even worse when you account for inflation!
    Juiced ball effect doesn't matter much when your hitters can't make contact.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I feel very bad for the starting pitching

Alderson has to go

Why can't we have prospects like the Yankees have ?

This team should rebuild and the fans shouldn't go to any games until they start getting their act together.
    Lets go Mets

Nimmo has a WAR of 2.1
    There isn't a Yankee hitter under the age of 25 close to that. Now Severino has a WAR of 3.3.

Hey the more you know.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Interesting that the worst Mets homestand in the history of the world ever is taking place during the Trump presidency.

Might as well blame him.

I used to buy the MLB Extra Innings cable deal but they raised the price this year so I passed. I follow the game updates during the course of the evening and I read the Game Day posts here. I did get to see 4 games this week (Mets/Yankees had all 3 televised, Mets Braves were some game of the week) and i caught 2-3 other games. I haven't heard Gary, Keith and Ron once this year.

What is their tone like during the broadcasts? Especially Keith's?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Nimmo has a WAR of 2.1
    There isn't a Yankee hitter under the age of 25 close to that. Now Severino has a WAR of 3.3.

Hey the more you know.
    Well Nimmo is not under 25 himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's 25.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Still not under 25

This is what discourages a lot of people…

Jay(son Bay) Bruce makes about $65,000 per game (that's about $13,000 per at bat.)

Jose Reyes is being given (not paid since he hasn't really earned anything) $2 million just to kinda hangout and smile a lot. He is a charity case.

Minimum wage for the lowest paid guys is about $3,000 per game.

On top of all that they have very little expenses other than gas money getting to Citi Field. Everything is taken care of for them.

Think about those numbers. And how much is a beer and a hot dog at the game?

We just saw Bruce fail to call off the infielder on a fly ball and a run scored. We just saw Reyes not drag his foot over 2nd base for a simple force out. Fundamentals you learn in Little League. The outfielder takes absolutely every ball he can get to over an infielder. (Bruce was inexcusable, Reyes only a bit less.) They look lethargic and as if they don't care. No one seems upset over striking out, not moving runners, etc. And with the money they make, when teams get to this point, I think a lot of them don't care one way or the other what happens. They still get paid. Jay Bruce made $65,000 yesterday.

Other teams seem to have enthusiasm or a little zip. Other than Nimmo, I don't see it or sense it in anyone here. The few games I saw last week, Nimmo seems to be happy and excited to be here. The other 24 guys are just here collecting money.

Everyone in the front office should be dumped. Everyone on the field (including coaches and manager) should be considered for replacement.Any and all players should be available. It's time to just start over. It's also time for MLB to exert some pressure on the Wilpons to sell. You can have a faceless, lethargic dull team in some cities nut NYC should have a flagship franchise from the point of view of being interesting.

The early year Mets were terrible. They were also fun they tried their best (ouch) and affordable to watch. It was a good day out. Who wants to pay for what we have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    ...it's time to just start over. It's also time for MLB to exert some pressure on the Wilpons to sell.
    No legal basis.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    No legal basis.
    Gee, something being done without legal basis.

I wonder if that's ever been done before.

Wilpons won’t sell. They’ll continue to plague this team for generations.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    No legal basis.
    I'm not sure how much of legal basis is necessary since being part of the league is not the same as owning a stand alone business. If the league/owners find that the Wilpons management of the team is overall detrimental to the league collectively, then that might be enough to exert pressure on them to sell.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast