Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've had it

I've had it

Full disclosure: When Paul Sewald gave up the grand slam last night to piss all over Wheeler's otherwise excellent effort, I laughed my butt off. It was so predictable; we all saw it coming. But worse than that, even if Sewald hadn't given up the granny, they still would have lost. It's just that the score would have been much lower.

That made 9 losses in 10 games, all marked by excellent starting pitching with zero help out of the bullpen or the bats. Today's game was more of the same, maybe worse. There was Jay Bruce jogging slow motion on a routine single to right field by Inciarte. Incirate busted it right out of the batter's box. Only when he headed for second did Jay Bruce realize he wasn't fielding batting practice. He turned on the gears, threw to Rosario, who applied a slow motion tag on Inciarte.

No sense of urgency. La dee da. If he's out, great. If he's safe, whatever. If we win, yay! If we lose, i wonder what's for dinner?

That one play was a microcosm of what we've seen out of the Mets in the last 11 games. They've gone 1-10, sure, but that doesn't begin to tell the story. In those 11 games they've batted an unbelievable .135. La Dee Da.

ONE-THIRTY-FIVE!!!!!! Oh My F-ing God!!!!!! JeeZUS H KRYST!!!!!! The mendoza line would be a hot streak for this bunch!

I did the math. Forty-eight hits in 354 at bats. My math skills stink so i clicked on the calculator app on my computer which told me the sorry result. A batting average of .135 over 11 games is bad enough but you know what's worse?

Management doesnt seem to care. Sandy doesnt seem to care. Mickey doesnt seem to care. And the Wilpons? They've got more important things to worry about too, I suppose

It dawned on me there is only one way to make Sandy and the Wilpons care. The next homestand is the weekend of Ju8ne 22 against the Dodgers. How cool would it be if less than a thousand fans showed up, bombarding the the media and the live broadcast with rows upon rows and section after section of empty seats. You want bad PR? That would do it!

This isn't even a difficult assignment. Who can even watch these guys? Who wants to at this point?

I realize this doesnt necessarily hit them in the pocketbooks. Most of the tickets for that game are already bought and paid for. The revenue on SNY will still fill their coffers. But this isn't a money thing. It's a perception thing: Freddie and Jeffrey and Sandy need to be told they've lost their team. And the ole same-ole same ole won't get it back for them.

Enhough games filled with invisible fans is the only way for the Wilpons to understand that their boy Sandy has failed them. Only then will things finally change.

Thhis is just ridiculous and it has to stop. I've had it.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

I blame Roessler and Sandy. I will keep saying this until they’re both gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I blame Roessler and Sandy. I will keep saying this until they’re both gone.
    Blame who you want. Fans need to start making a concerted effort to avoid this coming home stand. If the Dodgers come into town and no one shows up, only then will the Wilpons and Sandy feel the same frustrtion we're feeling now.

THAT is their metric.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Full disclosure: When Paul Sewald gave up the grand slam last night to piss all over Wheeler's otherwise excellent effort, I laughed my butt off. It was so predictable; we all saw it coming. But worse than that, even if Sewald hadn't given up the granny, they still would have lost. It's just that the score would have been much lower.

That made 9 losses in 10 games, all marked by excellent starting pitching with zero help out of the bullpen or the bats. Today's game was more of the same, maybe worse. There was Jay Bruce jogging slow motion on a routine single to right field by Inciarte. Incirate busted it right out of the batter's box. Only when he headed for second did Jay Bruce realize he wasn't fielding batting practice. He turned on the gears, threw to Rosario, who applied a slow motion tag on Inciarte.

No sense of urgency. La dee da. If he's out, great. If he's safe, whatever. If we win, yay! If we lose, i wonder what's for dinner?

That one play was a microcosm of what we've seen out of the Mets in the last 11 games. They've gone 1-10, sure, but that doesn't begin to tell the story. In those 11 games they've batted an unbelievable .135. La Dee Da.

ONE-THIRTY-FIVE!!!!!! Oh My F-ing God!!!!!! JeeZUS H KRYST!!!!!! The mendoza line would be a hot streak for this bunch!

I did the math. Forty-eight hits in 354 at bats. My math skills stink so i clicked on the calculator app on my computer which told me the sorry result. A batting average of .135 over 11 games is bad enough but you know what's worse?

Management doesnt seem to care. Sandy doesnt seem to care. Mickey doesnt seem to care. And the Wilpons? They've got more important things to worry about too, I suppose

It dawned on me there is only one way to make Sandy and the Wilpons care. The next homestand is the weekend of Ju8ne 22 against the Dodgers. How cool would it be if less than a thousand fans showed up, bombarding the the media and the live broadcast with rows upon rows and section after section of empty seats. You want bad PR? That would do it!

This isn't even a difficult assignment. Who can even watch these guys? Who wants to at this point?

I realize this doesnt necessarily hit them in the pocketbooks. Most of the tickets for that game are already bought and paid for. The revenue on SNY will still fill their coffers. But this isn't a money thing. It's a perception thing: Freddie and Jeffrey and Sandy need to be told they've lost their team. And the ole same-ole same ole won't get it back for them.

Enhough games filled with invisible fans is the only way for the Wilpons to understand that their boy Sandy has failed them. Only then will things finally change.

I have said multiple times if the fans really want the Wilpons out, then they should do the following.

- stop buying tickets or merchandise
    - stop watching the games on TV
    - show up to the stadium to picket

This will hurt the Wilpon's financially and finally get MLB's attention.

In other words... do something else. Good advice! Just don't share it.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I have said multiple times if the fans really want the Wilpons out, then they should do the following.

- stop buying tickets or merchandise
    - stop watching the games on TV
    - show up to the stadium to picket

This will hurt the Wilpon's financially and finally get MLB's attention.
    They dont even have to hit them in the pocket. They need to make a visual statement. Rigt now, fans need to do one thing and one thing only: Stop showing up at games.

Tune in to SNY to your hearts content. Listen to the gameso on WOR if you like. Heck, you want to buy merchandise? Buy merchandise! But the sight of an empty stadium will become the focus of every media story about the team. That will hurt them more than any half-baked atempt too hit them in the pocket book.

The best of it will be how they'll try to pad the attendance numbers. Everyone will laugh their ***** off at that.

Of course, there's more. No doubt all those food vendors and concessions are paying a pretty penny in rent space. You think vendors might start putting pressure on the Wilpons if they have no one to sell their food to?

Hmmmm...

One thing at a time. Focus. The easiest way for fans to make a statement is to stop showing up at Citi Field. After that, follow the team to your heart's content. And laugh your butts at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    In other words... do something else. Good advice! Just don't share it.
    I'll; do whatever I damned well please, Mr. Mets Management K.A.

8. 06-13-2018, 03:35 PM
    Reason
    There is no need to make it personal

I'll; do whatever I damned well please, Mr. Mets Management K.A.
    What does "K.A." stand for?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The Mets have lost 5 straight Jacob deGrom starts and his ERA is 1.25. PATHETIC

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    What does "K.A." stand for?
    Kiss *** probably.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

It's just bad roster construction. Of all these great outings by pitchers, how many of those few runs have been directly or indirectly the result of poor defense? If Sandy hadn't decided that defense took zero precedence, if we were more skilled or even just more athletic, we may have kept some of those runs off the board and ran into a win or five along the way.

Point is, it isn't just that everyone's cold. The roster is constructed in a way that means we can't rely on any one aspect of the team to carry us, and when we get bad at something, the ****ing bottom falls out. Our starting pitching is going through an excellent stretch, but it has also gone through an abysmal one. And the pen hasn't been good since the first two weeks, and at times has been every bit as terrible as our offense is right now.

We need a complete overhaul. We need a change in philosophy. We need to not just get younger, we need to get more athletic (Dom Smith is the opposite of an athlete). We need fewer strikeouts. We need to stop relying 100% on power, because we will never spend the money on enough reliable guys. The Yankees can do it because when two or three of their guys struggle, three or four them are always there to pick up the slack. The guys we signed to pick up the slack of Bruce and Conforto? A-Gon and Joey Bats. That's the problem.

Go get younger, scrappier, and more athletic. Grind out ABs so our pitchers get more rest in between innings. Give them better defenders behind them. Get faster on the bases so we don't need to hit homers.

At first base I don’t need an athletic guy, give me a guy that can hit.

I dunno if Smith is that guy or Alonzo but at least you have a couple of young guys there.

You have another couple of young guys on the squad that are just having ****** years.

But enough with the one dimensional ****ing guys that only hit homers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny thing is the bats will all get hot at once and they will probably have another stretch or two where they look dominant. And then the pen will blow a few games and the bottom will fall out again. On and on it will go until the season is over and the team is well below .500.

It’s just time to move on from this Alderson era. I wish we could move on from the Wilpon plague but they’re an infection that won’t ever go away. They’re herpes.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Funny thing is the bats will all get hot at once and they will probably have another stretch or two where they look dominant. And then the pen will blow a few games and the bottom will fall out again. On and on it will go until the season is over and the team is well below .500.

It’s just time to move on from this Alderson era. I wish we could move on from the Wilpon plague but they’re an infection that won’t ever go away. They’re herpes.

The bats might get hot but this team is mailing it in. It's not just that they're not hitting. The at bats are piss poor. Except for Nimmo, no one seems to care about his approach. Taking good pitches, swinging at bad ones, and not even working the count. There's no grinding.

It's spilling out onto the field too. Team is playing with very low energy. And we seem to care more than they do.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are mailing it in, or don't care. They're just not good. And losing can avalanche until an entire roster is buried under its weight. I'm pretty sure that's what we're watching.

Doesn't matter. The roster is not good and the GM is responsible for that. And ultimately that's why this team is awful.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast