Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Miggy out for the season

That's it. Surgery

Ruptured biceps tendon on a swing. Talking about a player who is making 25 per through 2025 for all intents and purposes and has posted a .6 fwar since the 2016. Ooohwee.

No Mames

Gonna be getting paid like 30MM until hes 40. Gonna suck but the Tigers are rebuilding so surely they can afford the hefty price. The time they get back into contention might be when his contract is either up or will have a few years left.

Miggy $30mil + Victor Martinez $18mil + Jordan Zimmermann $24mil = Holy **** $72 mil

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Ruptured biceps tendon on a swing. Talking about a player who is making 25 per through 2025 for all intents and purposes and has posted a .6 fwar since the 2016. Ooohwee.
    Ouch. He should be contemplating retirement in the coming years and not playing another 7 with his weight and history of injuries. But for that money, wow. Who wouldn't?

The guy is still owed 154 million over the next 5 years through his age 40 season. Ouch

Hell, ya'll make it sound like it's his fault for accepting that contract. He'll actually be playing as much baseball as I will be for the next year, but I won't be making $25 mil for (not) doing it.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

I'm a huge Tiger fan (7'4" 500 lbs ).

But seriously folks...

I've always loved Miggy...loved his attitude and the way he approaches the game. He was always underrated & under appreciated. Even after his triple crown season, he still couldn't get a shoe deal! He actually asked Nike and they said no.

That being said, Detroit should have dealt him 3 years ago. It was obvious he was entering a decline, still had a huge trade value for a contender, and to be honest, is not someone you build a team around. He's not a leader, never has been.

I wish him the best, but I think his career is done. He cant stay healthy, still has off the field issues and isnt moveable with that massive contract. Hopefully, the Tigers find a way to get out of it.

I'll miss him, but this 2018 Tigers team is better without him.

Now...how to get rid of that GIANT contract (and Victor's & Zimmermann's too).